• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you will never bear to sell?

unrealist

We all collect stuff and lots of us collect games .. but there comes a time in life we have to give up our hobbies (if not, part of it) in order to pay bills, for sentimental reasons etc. Just recently, for medical bills, I had to sell my entire Sega Saturn and GameCube collection. The digital world also means we need to hoard less physical material now.

What are some games you will never bear to sell, if you had to let go of your collection one day? For me .. it is:

Suikoden2_NA.jpg

maxcriden

Our copy of Spot Goes to Hollywood for PSX is probably our most treasured game, so we don't plan to ever sell it. It just had a lot of personal significance to us. In general otherwise if we immensely enjoy a game we will keep it if we can do so digitally or if we plan to replay it.

Cedric

No doubt my PS1 Final Fantasys, Tomba 2, Smash Melee... Think that's it. Wouldn't sell any of em though.

DrArchon

My physical copies of Ace Attorney 1-4. I'm never going to replay them again, but they still have so much sentimental value for me (well, 1,3, and bits of 4 do).

Wouldn't be against lending them to a friend though.

When I sold off most of my retro games I held on to my copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Until they rerelease that game, I refuse to part with it.

vikkemon

I'll never sell my Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection for the PS2.

You don't get all the extras of MGS2: Substance and MGS3: Subsistence in the HD remaster for last gen. No Ape Escape and skate modes ):

When I was younger (8) my house was robbed when I went to a birthday party. I had taken Zelda ocarina of time with me since it was my favorite game. And almost everything of mine had beeen stolen that I liked. A guitar, n64, and all the games. So just for the reason that it was the only thing left I should keep it.

BigEmil

Kingdom Hearts Collections. Especially with all KH games remastered in their definitive form coming to PS4 in one console in physical copy proudest collection, soon.
For now it's FF7,8,9 PS1 copies and FF Dissidia 012 for PSP.

I'll never sell Nintendo games. I'm 46 now and they're a part of my past and present. Sold all my SEGA stuff some years ago. Still regret doing that ;_;

I love playing games on my Xbox and PlayStation too,but somehow I don't feel any urge to own Xbox and PS games. Once I've played I can let them go. With Nintendo games I somehow can't

Nor501

I always thought it would be my copy of Harvest Moon 64 but I wound up trading it to Gamestop not too long ago. Now it's Suikoden 2. I don't have the case and can't play it anymore but I still love it.

my copies of Advance Wars and Disgaea on the DS.
Not that they're worth anything, just that i've put so many hours into both of them.

My PS2 black-label copy of Okami. I love that game too much to ever get rid of it. It's also the only version of the game has the Clover Studios logo on the box. So much sadness...

Suikoden 2, earthbound, illusion of Gaia, or any of my Zelda games. Really anything else I could part with if I could get over myself. Heh

Cleve

I used to have a lot of games like this, but broke down one day and cleared them all out for a nice sum. All that's left is Planescape: Torment, which isn't even hard to get cib.

v1perz53

Original copy of Super Smash Melee for GameCube. Front plastic is warped from use as a coaster, instruction booklet is worn out from years of reading, but man that thing has memories. I remember being in the 6th grade and my parents took me and my brother to Manhattan on a Friday. The giant Toys R Us there was having a demo for the newly released GameCube and my brother and I spent an hour playing smash on that thing. We get home, walk into our room and somehow our dad had bought a GameCube sneakily and had it set up with Smash Melee in and running, such an awesome memory. The GameCube is long since dead, but still have that copy of the game and would never even consider selling it.

If I ever had to get rid of/sell my collection, I'd make sure to keep my copy of Pikmin 2 for Gamecube. It's the only game my grandpa ever bought for me and it was one of the few games I would always play with my cousins. It's way to sentimental to me haha.

Top Bottom