• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you will never bear to sell?

Patrick S.

Banned
My treasured 26-years old Captain Tsubasa 2 cartridge, for my old NES clone.
My favorite game of all time.

10411160_10206430435979525_1847006372559411837_n.jpg

Now I can't get the soundtrack of the Spanish version of the anime out of my head. BENJI, OLIVER, OLIVER, BENJI

lem0n

TDU on Xbox 360. One of my favorite games of that gen, met a lot of friends there. I still talk to a lot of them. Met a few of them IRL as well. It's very special to me.

Tough one, I keep all my games unless I didn't like them. I like replaying games and have randomly got the urge to revisit games I've not touched for years (most recently, the original Digimon World)

Plus most of my games aren't worth much at all, so giving them away for £1 or something would be a heartbreaker. Some would go for decent amounts I suppose, but still.

I'd never get rid of my absolute favourites unless I absolutely HAD to though:
  • Dragon Age series (yes, all of them!)
  • Mass Effect series
  • Drakengard
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Pokemon Emerald
  • Pokemon Heart Gold
  • Bully Scholarship Edition
  • Sims 3 (not exactly a favourite, but my go-to time waster)
I'd also have a lot of trouble with nostalgic games. Pokemon Blue was the first game I owned myself (not shared with my older sister). Banjo Kazooie, Mario 64 & Pokemon Stadium on the N64 would also be a struggle even though I haven't played them in years.

Trickytoon

Neo Member
I bought Syndicate Wars for PS1 and Goldeneye for N64 with my first ever paycheck, which still have the receipt, payslip and other bits and bobs from that day in the cases. I'd be absolutely devastated if they went missing, purely for sentimental reasons.

Fury451

Banned
My Pokemon games. Can't let them go.

Gotta keep 'em all

For me it's Perfect Dark, Pokemon Snap, and my Silent Hill collection (all the games, and copies of Origins and Shattered Memories on PS2 as well as their original formats). Sentimental reasons mainly. I try not to sell most games anymore though, especially ones I've stumbled across that have low print runs or are hard to come by.

King Al B

If i had to rid of my collection and could only keep one game. Id keep my SNES copy of Final Fantasy II. So many memories. I can also play this game over and over.

7ZiJq4s.jpg

ghibli99

It pains me a bit to think about all the hardware and games I've sold in the less forward-thinking years of my life (mainly my late teens and 20s). I still sell a lot -- it's what allows me to essentially spend $0 net on games period these days -- but I do put more thought into what is leaving than I used to. :)

woopWOOP

My boxed copy of Plok. Just hearing the soundtrack takes me back to that time.

And yes to all my Pokemon games. I'll probably be replaying them still many years later

Ouroboros

My copy of Final Fantasy VII. It was my first jrpg and was the catalyst that got me into story driven games. I could never sell it.

I have quite a few that I won't sell.

Legend of Zelda CiB: Game has a lot of meaning, on top of still being one of my favorite games. I still remember spending countless days and nights playing through this with my Dad. Actually just completed a playoff theu of this on my n3DS early this week. Still an amazing game.
Link to The Past: Another game I have fond memories of. I remember staying up several nights over Christmas break playing this after getting it and my SNES.
Super Metroid CiB: Still one of my favs and even though I own it digitally, I can't imagine parting with my CiB copy.

Would probably add I could never see myself selling my CiB Fire Emblem games, OoT, MM, Super Mario RPG, Metroid games, my NES and SNES games I owned as a child, and a lot of others.

Edit: I own several games that are far more expensive then the games above but these mean more to me.

eMpTy23

Breath of Fire III/IV/V

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask

There's just too many memories. I have them put away, but each time I dig through my stuff and see those games, it's a very peaceful and happy moment.

I also don't think I'll ever sell my SNES. Super Mario All-Stars is just too fun with a friend.

RedAssedApe

Banned
none at this point. feel like i'm wasting money keeping something that i will likely never play again and could go towards buying new stuff :\

the hoarder in me has been run out by the pragmatist

When I sold off most of my retro games I held on to my copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Until they rerelease that game, I refuse to part with it.
That was smart, game shot up in price after Awakening. I'm the same way, will never sell one of my Fire Emblem games, I even kept my copy of Radiant Dawn when I sold my first Wii.

Xbox 360 and its exclusives I like being

Tony Hawk 8
Metal Gear Solid HD collection
Raging Blast 2
The Darkness
Fight Night 3
Red Dead Redemption

New002

I don't think there's any game I wouldn't get rid of if I absolutely had to, but there are some video game related things I'd do my very best to hold on to...

- Sega HSS-0103s
- Virtua Stick High Grade
- Mega Man 9 Press Kit
- Capcom Impress Cabinet
- Sony PVM (if that counts)

Shit...

Okay. I wouldn't get rid of my SF2 HF Janna board.

Also regarding people saying Nintendo games.

I would just sell those any way since you could replay them on a PC emulator making them look even better.

Brokun

My copy of Chrono Trigger. I also have a sealed DS copy with the poster inside.

My sealed first printing of DQ5 DS is also something I'll always keep.

Did you encase your Chrono Trigger copy in glass??

But also I second this. I will never sell my (wife's) copy of Chrono Trigger.

Cyanity

Banned
250px-Misadvbox.jpg

My favorite childhood game. I used to go back and beat Legends and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne every year or so for almost a decade. Unless the price spikes when I'm older, (it's at ~$100-300 depending on condition rn), then I'll just hold onto it forever.

Zero83

I'm never selling or giving away any of my games or consoles again. I always end up regretting it.

I really feel like rebuying a PS2 or a GameCube to play a lot of these games that aren't seen as profitable enough to develop new iterations of in today's market.

SSX, F-Zero, Onimusha, Wipeout, Burnout, Ridge Racer, Virtua Fighter etc. :(

E-DuB

Legend of Zelda for the NES
Final Fantasy 6 for the SNES
Kojima-signed copy of MGS 4

That's probably it.

My most prized gaming possession is the MGS2 demo that came with Zone of Enders. I still have my original MGS1 and MGS2 but that demo disk I keep in a special place apart from all my games. It was the biggest promise and hype I ever had for a game that honestly never came to be.

Jimrpg

Not a game but don't think I'd ever sell my PS2. I got another one (slim) just in case my launch one dies. It was the first console I got with my own money and is my favourite. Such great times.

If it was a game either Yakuza 1 or 2. Even though I have some others sealed like DQVIII and SOTC, Y2 is hard as heck to find.

Jimrpg

I'm never selling or giving away any of my games or consoles again. I always end up regretting it.

I really feel like rebuying a PS2 or a GameCube to play a lot of these games that aren't seen as profitable enough to develop new iterations of in today's market.

SSX, F-Zero, Onimusha, Wipeout, Burnout, Ridge Racer, Virtua Fighter etc. :(

Get a PS2, games are really cheap still, and there aren't too many extremely rare ones that are expensive. Doubles as a PS1 as well.

gfxtwin

Looks like Red Dead Redemption, Ecco the Dolphin on dreamcast and maybe some older Konami games will qualify. I would usually sell any game and buy the future-proof remaster in a heartbeat, but it might not ever happen with those.

I will defend my copies of Silent Hill 2: Director's Cut and Silent Hill 3 on PS2 with my life. There will never be a better version of these games.

vewn

My Halo 2 Steelbook, Halo 3 Legendary and Halo Reach Legendary editions... just too many memories connected to those games.

Top Bottom