• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you will never bear to sell?

Fuchsdh

I've held onto my old GameBoy/GBA games, but they take up so little space it's not hard to. With digital these days I'm certainly not adding to my collection, and most of the games I held onto because the $5 or 6 I'd make selling them on eBay and the like wasn't worth the hassle of shipping.

Too many to list.

I have a lot of PS1, PS2, PS3, OG Xbox, Dreamcast games that I will never sell.

Just recently I saw some of my DC games are worth upwards of $50 a pop.

rhandino

Banned
I will never EVER sell my copies of Xenoblade, Xenoblade X and all the ATLUS PS2 games... I don't even have a PS2 anymore x_x

Aaron D.

My copy of Chrono Trigger. I also have a sealed DS copy with the poster inside.

vVeD37s.jpg

My sealed first printing of DQ5 DS is also something I'll always keep.

That's sweet. Love the plastic display case as well.

myBqJ9I.jpg

Speaking of sealed, I totally forgot my version of that.

Not sure where Tarmin falls in my Top 10 GOAT, I just know it's never moving off the list.

cireza

Too many games honestly. I have spent the last 25 years building a library of games that I love and play regularly. So of course, I won't sell those games. And that's quite a lot of games.

Some of them have already been cited in this thread, like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Snatcher...

yyr

There are lots of games that I will probably hold onto for a long time but these are my precious few absolute hell-no-they-won't-go. Too many great moments and too much sentimental value. They won't be useful to me after I die, but I'll probably want to take them to my grave anyway.

Some games aren't on this list because they're available digitally on newer platforms in a perfect enough form that I don't need the physical carts anymore (for example, Wii Virtual Console covers many old classics. Otherwise, you'd see TLoZ, Z:LTTP, and S3&K on this list also).

NES: Mega Man 1-6, Mendel Palace
PS1: Final Fantasy Tactics
PS2: Ridge Racer V, ESPGaluda, DDRMAX (JP)
Dreamcast: Cannon Spike, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure 2, Shenmue, Shenmue II (EU)
PS3: the Razing Storm collection (because it includes Deadstorm Pirates)
360: Ridge Racer 6
NDS: Kirby: Canvas Curse

All of my digital games.

Because I can't.

I lol'ed.

eliochip

My PSP games.

Jeanne D'arc will be buried with me along with the Metal Gear Ac!d games that will never be released digitally.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
141831-demons-souls-header.jpg

One of my most prized games :) love this collector's edition to the game that started it all!

Man, I had a sealed copy of that before my house got robbed. It's sad to think that some stupid criminal probably just turned it into GameStop for a few bucks, even though it's worth hundreds of dollars...

vsMIC

i will never sell my entire DC collection incl. shen mue 1+2, rez, skies, and so many other games plus arcade sticks and light guns...

i just feel better owning this although i rarily play... outside my current sega rally fever...

Uncharted games and The Last of Us. Like The Lord of The Rings film trilogy, I find myself coming back to Naughty Dog games every year.

jason00

Neo Member
I can't bring myself to get rid of my copy of Shenmue. I still have my Dreamcast just for that one game, even though it has been over a decade since I last played it.

When I was going through some financial issues a few years ago, I sold my copies of Pikmin and Pikmin 2. Now I have them back and they will never go anywhere, either.

bluethree

Suikoden II. I already had that shit stolen once, and it was a damn miracle that I was able to find another copy. Even though I have it on PSN too now I'd never sell it.

These two games are really the only reason I also won't sell or trade in my Wii U.

Lol yep same here. Everything else I could probably do without or there's a possible Switch version coming making the wii U version expendable. Now if they put out a Bayonetta 3 and rerelease Bayo 1/2 on Switch, then we can talk about possibly selling it.

My copy of Chrono Trigger. I also have a sealed DS copy with the poster inside.

This too. Got a SNES CIB Chrono Trigger( which is my favorite gaming item) and a sealed DS copy as well.

In general, I'm pretty connected to my 16 bit games now in a way I wasn't 15 years ago when I dumped them for pennies at gamestop, so I'd say those I'd never get rid of, my ps1 rpgs, and I'm very fond of my GC collection. Actually in general, I'd say my Nintendo collection between NES, SNES, GC,Wii, Wii U and DS/3ds are pretty much offlimits from selling unless life forced me to for reasons like the OP outlined( health bills- sorry to hear BTW OP, hope you've bounced back). I have a soft spot for Sega too, so my genesis, saturn and dreamcast stuff is pretty much for keeps.

WITHE1982

Master system: fantasy zone and wonder boy 3
Mega drive: decapnattack, flashback and toe jam and earl
Dream cast: shenmue
GameCube: eternal darkness
Ps1: silent hill, resident evil 1& 2
Ps2: silent hill 2-4
Xbox360: Alan wake
PS3: 3D dot game heroes, demon's souls, ni no kuni

None of these are particularly rare or valuable but every one I associate with a certain point in my life or they hold a special memory. Mostly games I played with my father before he passed.

Melchiah

Those in my top 3:
Silent Hill 2
The Last of Us
Bloodborne

All special editions, and replayed several times.

dr labson

Neo Member
All of them. I used to trade in games all the time when I was younger.
I don't do that anymore.
All of my games are a part of my collection for a good reason and I have fond memories with all of them. Even the crappy ones.

Protome

MegaManPoweredUp_PCBOX-Erared_2006.jpg

Because it's not available digitally mainly.
Although my UMD-PSP is broken and the only other one I have is a PSP Go so I can't even play it. Hah!

I've never sold a game and can't think of anyone who could make me sell them off, but I guess I wouldn't really let any of them go. They aren't hurting anybody.
Special shoutout to my Metroid Prime Trilogy steelbook. It's a keeper.

Never really sold my games before but my PS2 copies of Silent Hill 2 and 3 aren't budging. I'd sell the fuck out Homecoming tho...but who the hell would want to buy that?

I'm getting rid of more and more physical gaming stuff...

But will never get rid of Rockstar Presents Table Tennis for the Xbox 360. GIVE ME BC, PLEASE!!

Chiramii

I rarely sell games, but I'm sure I'll never sell Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX and Trolls in Crazyland.

Lux R7

My Souls, my Dragon's Dogma (i still have two copies, Dragon's Dogma and Dark Arisen for xbox and i don't own an xbox anymore)

Mega Man Legends 2. Its the game I grew up up with and something that will remain with me. If we're talking a bit more modern, it's Pokemon Heartgold (nostalgia for Gen II), DQ4, 5, 6 for DS and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Amiibro

Earthbound w. the guide. Back in the day I sold my OG copy w/ box on the internet and got ripped off. I got another copy about 6 years ago, bought the guide in decent shape off eBay. Going to be the closest thing I ever have to having a complete copy again.

I really regret trading my SNES rpgs that were complete. FF3, CT, Lufia, etc. I now have all the carts back but they are loose.

Beatles Rock Band because it's not sold digitally.

Otherwise, I've sold almost everything this year. Games, Blu-ray, everything. If I still have it it's because no one has bought it yet.

emb

I don't like to sell games much. Always feels like, what will I buy if I start selling the things I like? But it's not too hard to imagine a major problem with my house, car, or family medical situation that would lead to me selling some things. I'd wanna keep as much as possible, but I can think of some things I would want to keep for sure.

Zelda games would stay for sure. Link to the Past and OoT in particular have a special place in my heart, so I'd want to have those around. I'd probably aim to keep the whole series though, outside of remasters.

Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Metroid Prime feel important to have. All of these are games I feel like I might actually play at any time.

Crystalis would have to stay. One of the first games I got really excited about.

Keep a copy of the mainline Pokemon games. I've put too much time in to just discard those.

Phantasy Star Online for the Cube, I'd need to have that one. Another one I can always go back to.

Gotta have Smash Bros. too. I'd want them all, but I could see myself letting Brawl go if it made it easier to sell the whole system+library.

I'm sure there's tons of others I would prioritize, but that list comes to mind. It would be super hard to get me to really whittle down the list in real life. First to go would probably be quite a few 7th and 8th gen games that I have just to have.

Birbo

I have a Gamecube version of Twilight Princess that my father bought for me for Christmas the year it came out. He passed away a few weeks later. My mother said he was determined to get me a copy as it was thought it was going to be harder to find since the Wii had just come out.

Sanctuary

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Demon's Souls

Dunno what these are called, they aren't "collector's editions", but they all came with a nice metal tin:

Resident Evil 4 (GC)
Mass Effect 2 (PC)
Dark Souls 2 (PS3 and came with a book)

Top Bottom