• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins PC performance thread

Mindman

Anyone else have stuttering they can't get rid of in this game? Nothing works... locking to 30 fps, adaptive quality, lowering settings, using borderless window, using RTSS to lock fps... none of it works. Anyone else seen this?

GTX 1070, 3570k @ 4.2, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Soren01

Anyone else have stuttering they can't get rid of in this game? Nothing works... locking to 30 fps, adaptive quality, lowering settings, using borderless window, using RTSS to lock fps... none of it works. Anyone else seen this?

Clean install?

Stiler

Anyone with a 2600k and a 980ti please report performance if you’re so kind, thanks.

I'm on a 2600k oc'd to 4.4 ghz with a 1070, I get dips into 30fps when on ultra in a city w/people around. On high It can be 60fps in open desert and dips into the 40's even, it's very uneven and is pegging my cpu to 100% at times.

Guffers

Man this game is absolutely belting my 4670k @ 4.2. Temps in the low 80s for the majority of the time. I have a 1080ti and am playing at 4K, FPS seems to range from 40-60 depending on where I am on the map. Dropping resolution doesn’t change performance hardly at all for me. So that and the stuttering in urban areas is obviously showing my CPU’s age.

In the past I’d just max everything and lock it at 30fps but the in game frame limiter locks me to 31, which is stuttery as hell. And for some reason the latest version of riva tuner won’t run on my windows 10 build. I can get a decent 30fps lock with NVIDIA inspector but I can’t force 1/2 vsync on a hardware level. I get the nice smooth console style 30 frames but there’s really noticeable tearing. So it’s either a choppy 40-60fps that’s vsynced or a nice locked 30 that’s constantly tearing.

The game looks phenomenal though! At 4K on my 40 inch monitor it’s an absolute stunner.

I had to reinstall Windows to fix it.

Bydobob

Man this game is absolutely belting my 4670k @ 4.2. Temps in the low 80s for the majority of the time. I have a 1080ti and am playing at 4K, FPS seems to range from 40-60 depending on where I am on the map. Dropping resolution doesn't change performance hardly at all for me. So that and the stuttering in urban areas is obviously showing my CPU's age.

Yup, this game is well and truly going to expose some CPUs. Just look at that usage on an overclocked 6700k! Not that the GPU is being bottlenecked much either, small wonder this game can push out such amazing graphics at these framerates. Game is a triumph if you've got the rig for it.

F1 for in-game monitoring in case people weren't aware.

m5XvbKUh.jpg

Stiler

Definitely has to be something up with my system, just read this:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-creed-origins/assassins-creed-origins-pc-graphics-performance-4k
"i5 6500 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a GTX 1060, averaged at 53fps" (this is on ultra high)

I mean is a 2600k @ 4.4 ghz really that outdated vs the i5 6500?

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Legit thinking about a fresh windows install, since when I went from win7>win10 I did the upgrade and not a clean install, thinking perhaps there might be something with that.

dEvAnGeL

I'm on a 2600k oc'd to 4.4 ghz with a 1070, I get dips into 30fps when on ultra in a city w/people around. On high It can be 60fps in open desert and dips into the 40's even, it's very uneven and is pegging my cpu to 100% at times.
thank you!

Guffers

Curious if everyone else is having the in game FPS cap locking the game at 31fps? I’ve got a 1080ti with the latest drivers. I don’t particularly enjoy the 40-60fps roller coaster and would happily lock to 30 if it can be done properly.

Weevilone

Man I know the price is gonna drop on this thing, and I have so much to play..

But I just built an 8700K with 1080Ti and I really would like to see how it performs with this game.

Guffers

But I just built an 8700K with 1080Ti and I really would like to see how it performs with this game.

Oh man, do it. With that CPU you will be in for a treat. I adore my 1080ti and 4K monitor. But my CPU is a few years behind the curve. I’m going to wait another 9-12 months before upgrading it though. My GPU was my 2017 purchase.

Curious if everyone else is having the in game FPS cap locking the game at 31fps? I've got a 1080ti with the latest drivers. I don't particularly enjoy the 40-60fps roller coaster and would happily lock to 30 if it can be done properly.

Mine was locking it at 29.9 fps. Used RivaTuner + Nvidia's "Fast Vsync" instead, working like a charm.

If your PC is rendering more frames than you want, cap it and turn on Nvidia's "Fast Vsync", It lets the PC render as many frame as it could but it only displays the needed frames. Therefore, eliminating tearing and input lag.

Note: It only works when the PC is rendering more FPS than your cap/limit.

Guffers

Mine was locking it at 29.9 fps. Used RivaTuner + Nvidia's "Fast Vsync" instead, working like a charm.

If your PC is rendering more frames than you want, cap it and turn on Nvidia's "Fast Vsync", It lets the PC render as many frame as it could but it only displays the needed frames. Therefore, eliminating tearing and input lag.

Note: It only works when the PC is rendering more FPS than your cap/limit.

Ah thanks for that. I have always used the Riva Tuner/NVIDIA Inspector combo for a perfect 30fps. But for some reason the latest windows update has nerfed Riva tuner. It won’t even boot. Good to know re: fast sync. I had assumed that that mode was for very high refresh screens.

dEvAnGeL

you put a ton of money on your PC to cheap out on games? the struggle is real....

BUY IT NOW!

Eferim

So... I encountered a game-breaking bug at the very start of the game. Bayek and this dude in black armor are just standing there staring at each other and nothing happens. The audio works fine, they stand there and talk but it's like the event doesn't actually trigger so I'm just kinda stuck in limbo.

Anyone have this problem? Google isn't really helping me atm. Might just try a clean install and see if that works.

AEdouard

For fucks sake. Tired of shitty Ubisoft PC ports. This game shouldn’t require a CPU from last month to run OK. Was the same thing with Watch Dogs 2.

Guffers

For fucks sake. Tired of shitty Ubisoft PC ports. This game shouldn’t require a CPU from last month to run OK. Was the same thing with Watch Dogs 2.

I get the frustration but clearly their open world simulations are built with 30fps as their target. If we want 60fps then it’s up to us to pay overs for it. Frustrating but it makes perfect business sense when you consider that the majority of players will be on console.

Just like Watch Dogs 2 I’ve now locked it to 30fps and have turned the visual bling way up. Really giving my 1080ti a workout. 4K, 120% resolution scale and all settings on ultra except AA. It looks bloody stupendous.

But, if I could afford a brand new i7 then I would clearly shoot for 60fps.

Getting about 55fps on average it seems with a 1080ti and 4770k @stock in Alexandria which is the first big city I've been to. Settings are mostly maxed, just kinda left it where it defaulted to.

What's the first setting I should turn down to maybe give me those extra 5 fps?

Not PC performance related, but if I buy this thru Steam it just launches UPlay right?

Edit: Does it do 21:9?

Correct.

How does uplay know if you refunded through steam?

What are my fellow 4790k users getting for performance? Time to upgrade to 8700k?

Weevilone

you put a ton of money on your PC to cheap out on games? the struggle is real....

BUY IT NOW!

I mean I just bought Evil Within 2, Mario, Wolfenstein.. not trying to cheap out.. but sucks to buy something, look and say whoa neat looking.. then actually play it when it's $10.
I do this with most games.

But fuck you guys, I bought it. And by fuck you guys, I mean thanks.

Looking forward to running the benchmark and being.. excited.

TheTurboFD

Anyone have an issue where everything looks blurry and pixelated? I'm maxing everything out and adaptive quality is off. I'm not sure what's going on. Like like at this crap

37925956446_85540e549c_o.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How does uplay know if you refunded through steam?

It doesn't, but the Steam versions of Uplay games are linked to Steam and cannot be launched from Uplay directly. This has actually always been the case; that it protects against the possibility of Steam players abusing the refund system to essentially pirate the games is just a happy coincidence.

Not PC performance related, but if I buy this thru Steam it just launches UPlay right?

Edit: Does it do 21:9?

Yes and yes.

Thretau

I'm also getting some stuttering but either it got better or I got used to it.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.7GHz
16GB 3200MHz CL15
R9 Nano

1080p High preset except clutter and ambient occlusion max, 54 fps in benchmark

renzolama

Few interesting issues on my 4790k / GTX 1070 @ 388.10 / Acer XB241H gsync@1080p config

(1) Selecting Borderless Window mode introduces a significant amount of input latency and locks the refresh rate setting at '60 (Native)' which is obviously not correct on my 144hz native gsync monitor

(2) There are some weird camera issues with lock-on. When I lock-on to enemy it seems to throw my camera to the horizontal extreme one direction or the other and not allow me to correct manually. This is both with and without 'Camera Assist' selected.

Aside from that, the only issues I have are that the game feels a bit more stuttery than I expect with gsync @ > 100 fps and the m+kb controls are overly convoluted with the usual "only we can select multiple gameplay-exclusive actions for a single keybind, if you do it then we throw red errors" nonsense in a lot of recent ubisoft games.

sertopico

Anyone have an issue where everything looks blurry and pixelated? I'm maxing everything out and adaptive quality is off. I'm not sure what's going on. Like like at this crap

I had the same problem as I wrote earlier... I restarted the game and everything looked great after that, could be a bug.

By the way, this game is astonishingly detailed and beautiful to look at, I just spent almost a couple of hours walking around Siwa area... This time they definitely nailed it on this regard.

TheTurboFD

I had the same problem as I wrote earlier... I restarted the game and everything looked great after that, could be a bug.

By the way, this game is astonishingly detailed and beautiful to look at, I just spent almost a couple of hours walking around Siwa area... This time they definitely nailed it on this regard.

Yea restarts didn't work for me. Updated to the latest drivers and that seemed to fix it.

Ertai

Yup, this game is well and truly going to expose some CPUs. Just look at that usage on an overclocked 6700k! Not that the GPU is being bottlenecked much either, small wonder this game can push out such amazing graphics at these framerates. Game is a triumph if you've got the rig for it.

F1 for in-game monitoring in case people weren't aware.

m5XvbKUh.jpg

Welp, i guess i won't be trying this out on my i5-750 then, despite overclocking it to 3,7 ghz.

leng jai

Every AC game's world is incredibly detail with top tier art to go with it. Exploring the cities they create is usually the main reason to buy the games, everything else is just average to bad.

Mine was caused by having v-sync set to on in the Nvidia control panel - for some reason it interferes in the game.

I have an i7 7700 laptop and a GTX 1080 GPU but even that struggles to run this at 1080p in 60fps, the laptop CPU being the main offender. Real shame as every other game runs so well.

Bydobob

Welp, i guess i won't be trying this out on my i5-750 then, despite overclocking it to 3,7 ghz.

Or you could just turn the settings down and/or settle for lower fps. It’s running on XB1 and PS4 after all. I expect NV will have a guide coming out soon for a game like this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Or you could just turn the settings down and/or settle for lower fps. It's running on XB1 and PS4 after all. I expect NV will have a guide coming out soon for a game like this.

As you might expect, Nvidia doesn't do guides for games it didn't sponsor and AssCreed Origins is one such title.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

Do you force MFAA in the Nvidia driver ?

It can cause such issues when games uses temporal AA.

AEdouard

Or you could just turn the settings down and/or settle for lower fps. It’s running on XB1 and PS4 after all. I expect NV will have a guide coming out soon for a game like this.

Problem is that this game being cpu bound, changing settings from ultra to low doesn’t change fps levels much when you have a good gpu but just an ok cpu.

anddo0

I have an i7 7700 laptop and a GTX 1080 GPU but even that struggles to run this at 1080p in 60fps, the laptop CPU being the main offender. Real shame as every other game runs so well.

Thanks for this. I have a 6820hk 1070 laptop. I'm very wary now.

Will the XB1X fair any better?
I convinced myself I didn't need one. But I may need to revisit that.

Bydobob

Problem is that this game being cpu bound, changing settings from ultra to low doesn’t change fps levels much when you have a good gpu but just an ok cpu.

Well, clearly not all settings are going to be CPU bound. It’s about understanding what settings are and scaling independently. Of course the higher the framerate the more taxing on your CPU, which is why I suggested settling for a lower framerate.

Ertai

Yeah, still contemplating as i have a few days left until X1X launches. GPU is a 970 so that shouldnt be much of an issue, just worried that i'll be too bottlenecked by the CPU. Plan to run the game at a simple 1080p, i guess i'll have to wait how the X1X version compares.

1. I can't get RTSS to work, any help?

2. I'm using KB+M, any to re-bind an action to use two buttons like "caps lock + f"

3. are the cutscenes 30 fps?

4. what the tooltip for tagging enemies with a bow? I missed it because of the fps hud

Top Bottom