• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

CaLe

If I have the beta client, do I still need to re-download the game when it goes live ? Or will it just patch the beta client ?

FINALBOSS

Banned
So I got a buddy code...created an account and popped it in.

Downloaded the 98mb installer...installed it. Launcher pops up and downloads a super tiny patch then closes and never opens again.

Found a workaround where you copy over the launcher.exe update folders contents into your main Tera folder and running the launcher as admin. So I finally got the launcher to update...I login with the account and it says I have insufficient access to download the head-start for this weekend.

I mean what the fuck.

Zeal

Banned
Look forward to playing this game with as many Gaf members as possible. This is honestly the best MMO since WoW, and I can't give it enough praise.

Go ahead and get on this one, you won't regret it.

Rinoa

This is why I'm playing TERA, too. I can afford the time to level and gear up a few hours a week versus the time eater that other MMO's are (in order to gear and enjoy the content).

Word!! I love constantly having new outfits and whatnot without having to spend 3 weeks of organizing parties to take down something and hope for the best.

I just can't play 'normal' MMOs anymore, yet I want to look amazing in them. In TERA that need is fulfilled lol.

TGMIII

Fuck it. I'll try it for a month and then see how things are with Frogster and the playerbase (numbers wise).

Any EU gaffers out there that are playing I'd suggest Server 2: Essenia – Type: PvP – Language: EN/EU if you want a populated server as it seems most people online plan to play there.

Squall516

So I preordered on Amazon as I had a gift card, and my account on the Tera site is still showing as "Trial" even after having input my code. I'm slightly worried, but maybe I shouldn't be?

Ya I had the same thing, and I talked to a GM and they said that it still says trial because the game hasnt launched yet. So i guess just check after that and if u still have a problem let them know?

Also i was gonna ask, i know a bunch of people in the thread have mentioned they were going to try GW2 open beta this weekend. So did you have to be invited to that? Or can you just sign up and make an account and dl the client and go on and play? Was just curious. I mean i bought Tera already and will play it for sure but just wanted to try out GW2 and make the comparisons for myself instead of listening to everyones biased opinions lol. So ya just let me know if i can/what i have to do play it this weekend. :D

Subxero

Ya I had the same thing, and I talked to a GM and they said that it still says trial because the game hasnt launched yet. So i guess just check after that and if u still have a problem let them know?

Also i was gonna ask, i know a bunch of people in the thread have mentioned they were going to try GW2 open beta this weekend. So did you have to be invited to that? Or can you just sign up and make an account and dl the client and go on and play? Was just curious. I mean i bought Tera already and will play it for sure but just wanted to try out GW2 and make the comparisons for myself instead of listening to everyones biased opinions lol. So ya just let me know if i can/what i have to do play it this weekend. :D

I'm sure some got invites to play. I think most people in the GW2 beta did the Pre-Purchase for the game. It was the only way to get in guaranteed. You just have to basically pay in full ($59.99) for the game at select retailers or the GW2 site.

TGMIII

Does the standard edition get you access to the early access. It notes for the special edition you do but I don't see it listed anywhere for the regular edition.

Jackl

Here you go.

TLTKYPE7RYM5KJ4E9TE7DPD5J
5CW56N4KYPLH56CKTCM9NF9YH
A9NX9F6J5PW46YDEFG3L4RRKG

See you all this weekend.

Top Bottom