• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's cause Tera is the best MMO out there right now. It's really really easy to get addicted once you find that class that clicks and you get more skills :D

It's Thursday morning here too. But I guess I'm waiting for your Saturday, my Sunday.

Hey, hey, it's nice to see new sparks of interests in the last few pages, too! : )

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone have a lion code they want to give me? :D

Thinking about trying a lancer, I need instant queues lol

lol playing a lancer is amazing, but not for everyone. :p It's a very unique flavor. Play in a GAF guild and you'll get insta queues by grouping with this guy!

LuCkymoON

Banned
If anyone wants to try Tera this weekend here are some more friend codes:

TERA Head Start Buddy Codes:

763KL5WT6JR7LX9RH3T7PC7JA
D576WELRP496HEJNPCRYK4LWN
7CFCXPGHHREGN3GD6ADNRWP67

Along with the codes above, be sure to pass along the following information to your friends so they know how to get into the event (or send them to this link):

Head Start Access
Saturday, April 28 @ 12:00 PM PDT until Monday, April 30 @ 11:59 PM PDT
To start your TERA adventure:
1. Use the “Enter Code” feature on the Account Overview page to redeem your Head Start access code.
2. Download TERA from the Account Overview page and install.
3. Play TERA!

Zeal

Banned
He says after playing Tera he can't go back to traditional lock on MMORPG combat

I can see his point!

I played the original focus test of Tera years ago and it completely fucked up my WoW experience. I canceled my subscription and waited on Tera.

The combat was that revolutionary.

TGMIII

fuuuuuuuuuck I'm so on the fence. There's literally nothing for the EU release that's pulling me in, I'm just super impatient.

US release seems to have been handled really well and it looks like the player base is going to be pretty big for you guys though.

fuuuuuuuuuck I'm so on the fence. There's literally nothing for the EU release that's pulling me in, I'm just super impatient.

US release seems to have been handled really well and it looks like the player base is going to be pretty big for you guys though.

join us on the US site. i know of one cool guy that is from EU that is playing on the US server with no problem and he's such a stickler. <3

Vesper73

It's pretty crazy. I never though I'd be more excited about Tera than GW2. >< ... I don't know if I can go back to targeting gameplay anymore. The action combat is too much fun!

Anyone know when NA server will get character creation?

Vesper73

I'm really excited about the GAF guild. But I can't decide whether I want to join the PVP server or not. Could someone break down the differences for me?

Thx in advance! Can't wait to see you all online!

It's pretty crazy. I never though I'd be more excited about Tera than GW2. >< ... I don't know if I can go back to targeting gameplay anymore. The action combat is too much fun!

Anyone know when NA server will get character creation?

NA got that 2 weeks ago. we just did OBT last friday. and this friday is Head Start.

EU just started their CC earlier today.

Dizzy-4U

I'm 10.818 km away from the US servers with a 512k internet connection. It runs flawless, never noticed any lag whatsoever.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He says after playing Tera he can't go back to traditional lock on MMORPG combat

I can see his point!

LOL at this butt hurt response to him saying he prefers Tera

Nate Johnson &#8207; @jnotay
@cwgabriel you prefer a game that's all about looks to one that's all about substance?

People really should know more about the games before they try to talk shit about anything. Oh well Internet. He responded with a No it's the gameplay I like. btw

syoaran

I'm surprised more GAFers aren't going to pick up Tera, it's a blast

Guild Wars 2 hype, Diablo 3 hype, Korean game stigma, will wait for it to be free to play stigma

Pretty much these. I'd argue that Diablo 3 hype is the strongest factor by far, so it's a pretty terrible month to release the game. I'm looking forward to it however, but I'll likely just play this weekend and then leave it until after my friends and I have rinsed D3.

Still no word on which server EU gaf is going to be playing on?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How is the ganking on the PVP servers?
Is it at the Lineage II levels of ganking or more like Aion.

You can channel hop to avoid ganks, but there are people that do it, the good thing is due to the way the game is, it's not that hard to get away from them if you are good. For example a level 20 could technicly avoid everything a level 60 throws at them if the 60 isnt that good.

TGMIII

join us on the US site. i know of one cool guy that is from EU that is playing on the US server with no problem and he's such a stickler. <3

I'm not jumping through hoops to play Tera again, my CC can't be used outside of Europe, I already did it with the KR release. Plus there's time zone issues if I ever join a raiding guild.

Pretty much these. I'd argue that Diablo 3 hype is the strongest factor by far, so it's a pretty terrible month to release the game. I'm looking forward to it however, but I'll likely just play this weekend and then leave it until after my friends and I have rinsed D3.

Still no word on which server EU gaf is going to be playing on?

Server 2: Essenia &#8211; Type: PvP &#8211; Language: EN/EU

That seems like the perfect server to play on. I know some people don't like the idea of PvP but you're missing out if you play PvE in Tera.

I normally roll on pvp servers but this game really feels like it wasn't meant for owpvp. I mean considering the harsh penalties that existed on Ktera and also the design of some of the areas (lots of choke points and narrow corridors).

Also reading the pvp forum was just asking for a migraine. People wanted players to drop loot if they got ganked. So every time you died you lost an item in your inventory. After reading that nonsense I was like "fuck that pve ahoy!". Also didn't help that the a bit of the "hardcore" pvpers are condescending asshole that have the "holier than thou" attitude.

Gvaz

Banned
TERA Head Start Buddy Codes:

M4FEJFHDFN3CLCAKY4DMCCG3G
F3PXGEGY3KYFAPJCRE5GPE3JG
TACJ4G6RGAWHPGGK4G3MXAJ94

go hog wild

TGMIII

I normally roll on pvp servers but this game really feels like it wasn't meant for owpvp. I mean considering the harsh penalties that existed on Ktera and also the design of some of the areas (lots of choke points and narrow corridors).

Weren't all of these removed for the NA/EU releases?

You can channel hop to avoid ganks, but there are people that do it, the good thing is due to the way the game is, it's not that hard to get away from them if you are good. For example a level 20 could technicly avoid everything a level 60 throws at them if the 60 isnt that good.

The only class which had no escape whatsoever from a gank is Berserker. If you are concerned about ganking, just don't play that class.

LOL at this butt hurt response to him saying he prefers Tera

People really should know more about the games before they try to talk shit about anything. Oh well Internet. He responded with a No it's the gameplay I like. btw

Too bad its just NCsoft astroturfing. Gabe is wasting his time replying to NCsoft paid viral marketers.

Tzeentch

Guild Wars 2 hype, Diablo 3 hype, Korean game stigma, will wait for it to be free to play stigma
-- Basically this. A vocal group say they want hardcore MMO experience, but that crowd just floats from game-to-game, and this game is releasing at possibly the worst possible time - with Aion going free to play (similar graphics), Guild Wars 2 not having a subscription model (similar gameplay), SW:TOR getting murderized for lacking an endgame (and this game appears to have even less), and WoW hemorraging subscribers (who appear to be completely dropping out of the market and not moving to new games).
-- The game REALLY should have come out a lonnngggg time ago and the developers have noone to blame but themselves.
-- Looks pretty though! I enjoy watching youtube videos of some of the more involved fights, but I don't see any advantage to being an early adopter of this particular game.

TGMIII

Looks pretty though! I enjoy watching youtube videos of some of the more involved fights, but I don't see any advantage to being an early adopter of this particular game.

Certainly sums up how I feel at the moment. Maybe I will just force myself to wait and see how things are in a few months. I can always play Diablo 3 in the mean time.

Tzeentch

lolwut.jpg
How the what the? They are not even remotely the same -.-
-- You must be joking. Anyways, not really a competition as I don't see anything particularly super interesting about Guild Wars 2 either.

-- These days it is never is worth it to buy in to an MMO early - if I get the bug to check it out I'll wait for the inevitable invite-a-friend, free weekend, free limited accounts, or whatever other incentives they offer. That should start the month after the game comes out.

Top Bottom