• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we need is Wenger to splash the cash on deadline day and this will become the best window in years for the Prem.

I still feel an awful lot of clubs still have moves to make.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I imagine Wenger's pretty confident he's gonna get Mustafi so he'd rather wait a few days to finalise that than panic and spend money on a guy who's best years really are behind him.

whynotboth.gif

not like we don't have an injury crisis

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
anyone try that new official Premier League app they launched today? it's pretty slick. I think I might actually try and do a fantasy team this year.

faridmon

Your avatar just reminded me that two door hasn't put out anything in forever. So I looked them up and just saw they've put out stuff from their new album. Thanks!

Yeah, I am super exited. took them ages
also, I have avatars of bands that are close to releasing a record ?:p

He's 32 in a few days though. Realistically how many seasons of intense PL football do you expect before you're looking to replace him? Two?

The same was said about Distin and he turned out to be one of the best buys.

Even if he doesn't last long, what we need is a short term fix. Our defense is full of liability and our youngsters are naive to a fault. Not only will he bring experience and much needed organisation. He will also help Pennington and Holgate to man the fuck up and defend.

Even if he doesn't last long, what we need is a short term fix. Our defense is full of liability and our youngsters are naive to a fault. Not only will he bring experience and much needed organisation. He will also help Pennington and Holgate to man the fuck up and defend.

Plus you don't have Martinez so you should have stability just from the system Koeman plays. Which should also mean players won't lose their head when winning like last season so Everton should easily get a better run.

faridmon

Plus you don't have Martinez so you should have stability just from the system Koeman plays. Which should also mean players won't lose their head when winning like last season so Everton should easily get a better run.

The stink of Martinez remains (hence why we felt selling stones was the right decision along with benching Funes Mori)

I really don't think we will compete with most teams since we still have problems at the back (losing the last 3 pre-season games doesn't help) but we should at least minimise leaking goals left and right.

Crazy story out of Villarreal. Marcelino Toral, the coach that lead them from the second division back up to the Champion's league, got into a serious altercation with one of the key players and was fired. Evidently he was also unhappy with some of the transfers this summer. All the rumors are that Pellegrini is close to coming back to the club where he first made his name in Europe.

The stink of Martinez remains (hence why we felt selling stones was the right decision along with benching Funes Mori)

I really don't think we will compete with most teams since we still have problems at the back (losing the last 3 pre-season games doesn't help) but we should at least minimise leaking goals left and right.

Yeah I don't think you will be in the upper mix and most likely wont play exciting football either but Koeman has a good record of stabilising teams and what he did at Southampton was excellent.

What is going on with the takeover stuff btw? The quicker Kenwright is out the better. He is an utter dickhead who has held that club back for years.

tim.mbp

Crazy story out of Villarreal. Marcelino Toral, the coach that lead them from the second division back up to the Champion's league, got into a serious altercation with one of the key players and was fired. Evidently he was also unhappy with some of the transfers this summer. All the rumors are that Pellegrini is close to coming back to the club where he first made his name in Europe.

Who would be happy with Pato.

raven777

This window funny as United fan... we did our business very early, got some big name players and splashed money on Pogba and basically got the transfers done before PL kicks off. I can relax and watch how other clubs do business in the last day of the window with panic buys.

bjaelke

Several sites reporting a €41m offer was tabled except for Sky and we all know how up to date their sources are.
Sky Sports Football @SkyFootball
.@Arsenal have not made a bid for @LCFC winger Riyad @Mahrez22, say Sky sources:

Lunar FC

Football is back! Football Thread 2016/17.

ewvqiha.png

NHale

This window funny as United fan... we did our business very early, got some big name players and splashed money on Pogba and basically got the transfers done before PL kicks off. I can relax and watch how other clubs do business in the last day of the window with panic buys.

I'm sure United will still be in the mix for a couple of new players especially if they manage to get sell Rojo and Mata.

Of course I get an email from my Premier League TV Provider here in Sweden just before the season starts.
Of course it's about further limitations - now they won't send more then one match at a time - regardless of which day it is (with the exception of the last day of the season).
And of course it's because of those watching pirate Streams.
And of course it's us who actually pays for it, who will suffer from it.

It might not be that many matches per season, mosty games on tuesdays and wednesdays, but it still pisses me off. :mad:

Syder

Of course I get an email from my Premier League TV Provider here in Sweden just before the season starts.
Of course it's about further limitations - now they won't send more then one match at a time - regardless of which day it is (with the exception of the last day of the season).
And of course it's because of those watching pirate Streams.
And of course it's us who actually pays for it, who will suffer from it.

It might not be that many matches per season, mosty games on tuesdays and wednesdays, but it still pisses me off. :mad:
Unsubscribe and watch illegal streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom