• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

Portuguese journalists say Crystal Palace was the team that made Slimani miss a practice yesterday. Sporting declined the offer (€20M or €25M depending on the source). It seems they moved on to Benteke again after the Plan B failed.

The other team with interest appears to be Stoke not Everton.

Beefy

Portuguese journalists say Crystal Palace was the team that made Slimani miss a practice yesterday. Sporting declined the offer (€20M or €25M depending on the source). It seems they moved on to Benteke again after the Plan B failed.

The other team with interest appears to be Stoke not Everton.

Anything in Portugal about Southampton and Semedo?

spidye

13706893_1586412978326466_158509899_n.jpg
wat

Floody

Palace need to hire new negotiators. Liverpool want rid of him so badly they'd accept £20m no problem, if not now then in a few weeks' time.

They've been holding out for more but they're so clearly bluffing.

We turned down £27m +add-ons up to like £30m for him, I don't think we are bluffing, just not letting him go for a big loss, like we usually do with players who we pay loads for, if no one meets our valuation, we'll probably just loan him out and try again next window, he's still a good back-up player if we desperately need one (unlikely this season though) too, and that's the worse case scenario. Balotelli on the other hand, I'm pretty sure we'd accept anything for him.

NHale

Anything in Portugal about Southampton and Semedo?

Not recently. Last things reported here about Southampton was that scouts were present for a couple of preseason games. His release clause is €45M and Sporting keeps saying it doesn't sell him for less than that. In my opinion no way he's worth anywhere near that kind of money, he has potential but he's still unproven at a top club. For that money I would just go to the other side of Lisbon and try Lindelof (today A Bola once again reported Chelsea interest).

Beefy

Not recently. Last things reported here about Southampton was that scouts were present for a couple of preseason games. His release clause is €45M and Sporting keeps saying it doesn't sell him for less than that. In my opinion no way he's worth anywhere near that kind of money, he has potential but he's still unproven at a top club. For that money I would just go to the other side of Lisbon and try Lindelof (today A Bola once again reported Chelsea interest).

Thanx anyways.

tim.mbp

Hope Heineken doesn't have a super annoying ad campaign this UEFA season. Nothing was worse than the "My name is soccer' ads.

Floody

@SkySportsNewsHQ
Sky sources: Sunderland agree fee with Man United for Paddy McNair & Donald Love. #SSNHQ

Might have to change my bottom 3 prediction if one of those is their Kone replacement. Be about time they went down though, only so many times you can just survive.

Glad that Everton are signing Williams and Kone. Without them they would probably be going after Scott Dann as has been rumoured, and losing him would be a much bigger loss for Palace then Bolasie.

Meier

Praying the Bony to Everton for £25m deal that Voetbal International are reporting happens. He's the kind of player who will score 20-25 goals for just about any team provided he plays. It'd be a good signing for them.

Let's guess the fee for McNair. Will it be stupidly big or ok? I am guessing £11m.

I think the two combined will be less than that.

What happened to Oxford going to City?

It's a nothing story really. I'm sure there is some level of interest but probably only at £10m or less and West Ham won't want to sell him for that price.

faridmon

Praying the Bony to Everton for £25m deal that Voetbal International are reporting happens. He's the kind of player who will score 20-25 goals for just about any team provided he plays. It'd be a good signing for them.

Would love him. Surprised he wasn't part of the Stones deal.

Where are people watching Premier League here in the States? NBC sports?

There are a few services offering access to it without a cable subscription.

Playstation Vue
Sling TV

tim.mbp

Where are people watching Premier League here in the States? NBC sports?

There are a few services offering access to it without a cable subscription.

Playstation Vue
Sling TV

Comcast. The only high speed internet service in my area so it's a better deal to get a cable/internet bundle than internet and TV on its own. Also have a fubo subscription for beIN (La Liga, Serie A, PSG) and TyC (Argentina).

NHale

I don't think Zidane likes James at all, and the only reason he gets away with sitting him is cause Florentino can't tell him what to do like he did with every other manager before.

Any manager would not like a player that behaves like James did in the last year. He's upset and when he gets minutes on the pitch, he refuses to follow the coach instructions.

His first year at Real Madrid was very good and he failed to capitalize on it after he was another victim of the Rafa Benitez. With Asansio rising especially as a young player, there isn't any room for Isco and James. Spanish press believes Isco will be the one to go because Florentino wants to expand the brand into South America and James is very popular.

Will Arsenal pay €70M for James on deadline day? I'm only half kidding. I seriously can't see which team would be interested in James for the fee that Real Madrid would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom