• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogbadark.jpg

Awe jess....

I don't even care if his cardio is shite. I want to see him play at least 20 minutes against Bournemouth this weekend.

And yes, thanks to Sling TV I'll be watching Paul all fricken long over the Internet this season.

In my blood now mother f....er.

Juve is salty as f right now.

Over £175 million for one player over 5 years. How much are they set to lose if he flops? LOL what a joke.

If he twisted his ankle tomorrow, guess which team could be on the phone the very next day closing a deal for another player FOR THE SAME CONTRACT? The $$ argument being used against a team willing to spend an ish ton of money, that MAKES an ish ton of money in a league where there is no cap is simply weak.

If you wanna talk about Morey being shite, LVG being shite...and Rooney playing in Community shield as a weak ass #10...fine. I agree with all of the above.

Ibra, Micky, Pogba, Mourinho...in the offseason, for Manchester United...is they best offseason they've had in the past 15 years. Regardless of cost (because Manchester United can afford it). It can't be argued. At all.

Even if they end up in 5th place and go out early in Europa League.

Hate taste good.

DBT85

Over £175 million for one player over 5 years. How much are they set to lose if he flops? LOL what a joke.

It is a joke that United can spend that kind of money and not make a dent. His transfer fee is nearly covered by the Adidas sponsorship alone. LOL wot a jk

Gandalf

Absolutely buzzing and overjoyed about Pogba coming home. Loved his interview too. Class.

Want to see him get a half against Bournemouth ideally.

I ain't provoking anybody. :)

Super interested to see who Klopp starts up top. Origi seems to have picked up right where he left off from last year, but not I'm ready for more "Sturridge wants to leave" drama.

Origi will be Liverpools top goal scorer this season I've chucked him in my fantasy team.

Firmino will most likely be starting as a false 9 while Sturridge is out.

Hopefully it'll be Origi, and still be Origi when Sturridge comes back. We have a player perfectly suited to playing up front in the PL, with an exceptional attitude to playing the role of lone striker. With enough gametime, the right coaching and the right attitude he can become an unexpectedly rounded and complete player as well.

In fact his progress is probably what I'm most looking forward to this season.

T-Rex.

Banned
Hopefully it'll be Origi, and I still be Origi when Sturridge comes back. We have a player perfectly suited to playing up front in the PL, with an exceptional attitude to playing the role of lone striker. With enough gametime, the right coaching and the right attitude he can become an unexpectedly rounded and complete player as well.

In fact his progress is probably what I'm most looking forward to this season.
Same here. I'm hoping it is Origi up top against Arsenal because he can do a lot of damage to their makeshift defence, but Klopp sure seems to love Firmino as a false 9. It definitely is the year of the Div, though.

NHale

Even with Pogba I don't see Man Utd challenging for the title this year. They spent a lot of cash in the previous years but due to some questionable signings they are still lacking at some positions. Center back is still a problem because Eric Bailly is still very raw and will make some costly mistakes during the season like he did at Villareal (in the Premier League it will be even more...). Portuguese newspapers say Mourinho wants José Fonte since he fits his profile. And for some reason it seems Mourinho wants to sell Blind...

Striker could be an issue if Martial continues to pout and Rashford suffers a sophomore slump while teams adjust to him. I wouldn't be shocked if Mourinho goes after Mario Gomez as an insurance but then Rashford minutes would drop a lot.

Then to me the biggest problem with United will be Wayne Rooney. Will Mourinho bench him if he fails to perform at #10 considering how much he means to the club? Last Sunday seeing Rooney making errant passes time and time again while Mkhitaryan was on the bench was painful.

This is incredible. Doesn't UEFA require the contract between player and team to allow the player to be registered in European competitions?

Because if Stones and Man City already has a signed and legal contract, then Everton already sold him to Man City. Maybe they are hiding the deal to allow Everton to purchase another center back (Ashley Williams?) without teams spiking the price up knowing they have cash and a need at CB.

Oh Bollocks. Why Real Madrid? Why couldn't you have done your usual poaching of a deal? Sure you already have two much better midfielders in Kroos and Modric but damn it you let United actually buy a good player, now have three in Ibra, Pogba and da Gea. We may have to suffer with the arrogant United fans again that had been under a rock for the last 3 years.

KidJr

Even with Pogba I don't see Man Utd challenging for the title this year. They spent a lot of cash in the previous years but due to some questionable signings they are still lacking at some positions. Center back is still a problem because Eric Bailly is still very raw and will make some costly mistakes during the season like he did at Villareal (in the Premier League it will be even more...). Portuguese newspapers say Mourinho wants José Fonte since he fits his profile. And for some reason it seems Mourinho wants to sell Blind...

Striker could be an issue if Martial continues to pout and Rashford suffers a sophomore slump while teams adjust to him. I wouldn't be shocked if Mourinho goes after Mario Gomez as an insurance but then Rashford minutes would drop a lot.

Then to me the biggest problem with United will be Wayne Rooney. Will Mourinho bench him if he fails to perform at #10 considering how much he means to the club? Last Sunday seeing Rooney making errant passes time and time again while Mkhitaryan was on the bench was painful.

This is incredible. Doesn't UEFA require the contract between player and team to allow the player to be registered in European competitions?

Because if Stones and Man City already has a signed and legal contract, then Everton already sold him to Man City. Maybe they are hiding the deal to allow Everton to purchase another center back (Ashley Williams?) without teams spiking the price up knowing they have cash and a need at CB.

Good post, however with so many other usual contenders being off the pace last season I think it's hard to predict the winner. Man city, Chelsea and arsenal all have glaring problems of their own, I agree with you about Rooney being a hinderence (I think everyone does) but if Bailey and Rooney are your weak spots in a team then I believe they have a very good chance of picking the up the epl title this season.

It's not even like pogba should need that much time to adjust, he's coming into familiar surroundings so really do expect him to hit the ground running.

Godan

Arsenal really are falling behind of the other big clubs in regards to transfers. I know we have brought in one big payer but still all the other teams are strengthening their squad and here we are sitting here with deadwood like Theo.

Arsenal really are falling behind of the other big clubs in regards to transfers. I know we have brought in one big payer but still all the other teams are strengthening their squad and here we are sitting here with deadwood like Theo.
Don't worry mate we are interested in Jonny Evans!

The solution to all our problems...

onemoreyear

I thought it'd be such a good summer when we signed Xhaka so early.

I should have fucking better known better.

yagal

I think that Mou is one of the few who bench the fat guy, Mou love counter attack and Rooney is slow and as you say he make errant passes. Rooney just don't fit, England at Euro was a pain to watch because of him. And just like England ManU will flop hard if he is in the starting XI.
I don't even want him to play in Europa or in Cup, Rashford needs playtime.

The Tigers don't give a fuck

NHale

Good post, however with so many other usual contenders being off the pace last season I think it's hard to predict the winner. Man city, Chelsea and arsenal all have glaring problems of their own, I agree with you about Rooney being a hinderence (I think everyone does) but if Bailey and Rooney are your weak spots in a team then I believe they have a very good chance of picking the up the epl title this season.

It's not even like pogba should need that much time to adjust, he's coming into familiar surroundings so really do expect him to hit the ground running.

If we have another season like last year than everyone is a candidate but if we have a normal premier league season than you need a solid season without a bunch of mistakes. A costly red card from Bailly in a critical game could end the season even on Sunday he showed glimpes of the pace and tactical approach but then at the end some stupid fouls and reckless jumps inside the box. A work in progress that will take time.

Pogba will definitely change Man Utd approach because he can do so much on both ends if motivated. His ability to create spaces on offense just by speeding the game by himself will make the game much easier for the guys on the wing. Maybe he could punch Martial so he could stop pouting (he apparently also pouted during the Euro).

I thought it'd be such a good summer when we signed Xhaka so early.

I should have fucking better known better.

Arsenal will probably buy Isco for some absurd amount of money.

Godan

So it looks like Gabriel is out for 2 months. So our only fit CB's are Holding and Chambers for the Liverpool game. Will be lucky if we manage to come away with a draw from that game now.

Beefy

So it looks like Gabriel is out for 2 months. So our only fit CB's are Holding and Chambers for the Liverpool game. Will be lucky if we manage to come away with a draw from that game now.

You are meant to be after Evans aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom