• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 2 Info from Game Informer (no scans)

bridegur

This actually sounds awesome. It seems like they've worked to improve a lot of what people complained about in the first game.

Kyoufu

Captain N said:
I would love it if he gets his 'memory' back and becomes a badass Assassin in the present time. Of course they will probably drag it out a few more games before that happens.

Personally I would have LOVED if they moved from the first game's setting and just set it in the present time.

Captain N

Kyoufu said:
Personally I would have LOVED if they moved from the first game's setting and just set it in the present time.

Ubisoft loves things in 3s...so..Desmond's story will most likely take 3 games to tell and we'll be in present time for the third 1..or at least going back and forth a whole lot.

Concept17

Easily my most anticipated title this fall. I love the first, despite it being released sooner than it should have been.

sounds good, 16 unique missions types doesn't sound that impressive however... I mean most missions should be unique from each other...makes it seem like you will be repeating those 16 endlessely...although its a huge step up from the 2-3 in the first...

Captain N said:
I would love it if he gets his 'memory' back and becomes a badass Assassin in the present time. Of course they will probably drag it out a few more games before that happens.

I would be shocked if the entire third game isn't set in modern day/not too distant future.

duffey

nelsonroyale said:
sounds good, 16 unique missions types doesn't sound that impressive however... I mean most missions should be unique from each other...makes it seem like you will be repeating those 16 endlessely...although its a huge step up from the 2-3 in the first...
Well as long as they're interesting to do/switch it up with every target I'm okay with it. Just don't give me literally the same damned three boring and or terrible missions every single time I want information. There's only so many times I can punch a dude in a back alley just after he is preaching to the masses before I go insane.

Sounds pretty cool. I enjoyed the first. Glad to hear that collecting flags and such will actually have a point this time around. That was such a missed opportunity before.

seat

Grimm Fandango said:
yessssss all over my face.

Can't wait for this game.
I'm too self-conscious to use those words but I feel the exact same way.

I'm looking forward to this game more than any other title right now. For the first time in a while I'm excited for my next GI to come in the mail.

Dead

well not really...yet
Sounds awesome. Too bad the first games amazing setting had to be saddled with the lesser gameplay.

unomas

Banned
iamcool388 said:
Goddammit am I the only one who enjoyed the first game?

I am also having a lot of fun with Godfather 2 right now... maybe my quality meter is broken. :-(

Loved the first game, loved the story, loved the huge environments and the characters. Some things I could have gone without like he missions being the same over and over again, but they really did an amazing job with the first title and the second will only be an improvement on that. I'm looking forward to it. The first game couldn't have been that bad, it sold a few million copies didn't it? Not sure why it get's so much hate on GAF but whatever.

Cartman86

Banned
Thought the first game was flawed, but ultimately had some amazing aspects that made it fun. From the looks of those features they are addressing a lot of the issues I had.

-Winnie-

I hope there's some real
present day
gameplay this time around. Just walking around looking at things was a little boring.

Jtrizzy

I liked the first game, even with it's technical issues. The problem, which has been noted over and again, is that the missions become repetitive to the point where you know what each one is before you start. and a few of them are stupid.

If they iron out the technical issues on PS3, I'll still rent it at the very least, even if it is somewhat repetitive. My little sister actually surprised me with the first one last Christmas, but I doubt I'll be forking over $60 for this with COD and Uncharted 2 plus others I'm forgetting this fall. I feel like I will even have a backlog from all of the games coming out between now and the end of the summer.

koene

No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.

Well, that's good to hear. Imagine that shit was still in it :lol I just really hope they don't copy paste certain 'interesting' missions this time around. More actual assassinations, less other boring stuff.

Wollan

Sounds very cool.

Also the 240 people comment (though I'm expecting a good deal of those to be working on the PSP and potential PS2/Wii alternatives) makes me believe they're serious about making AC2 the proper framework for the series and not just rely on the unpolished nature of the original game.

Ramenman

Also the problem with the first AC was only the flawed design, the technical side was dreamy, so they already have the engine, they only need to better the design this time. Which can't be that hard.

EatChildren said:
I've got no problem with the story being a trilogy and leaving certain plot elements unresolved until the very end. I just have a problem with a game ending in no closure, using a shitty device to explain away plot twists, and said device's functionality being explained as 'just because'.

Assassin's Creed was a bitchin' build-up of suspense and mystery in the plot, until it all came crashing down at the end. Never again, please UbiSoft.

I thought the
"haha there were only 9 other people who could stop me from controlling the world and you've just killed them for me haha"
was kind of a cool thing. I expected somehow that
Altair would turn against his mentor
, but not because of this.

But that's as far as I went with the game, since my 360 froze during the battle against him, and it was 2am and I wanted to sleep.
So I don't know about the very end of the game.

TTG

Great news. Awesome setting and they get to flesh out a lot of the mechanics that were put in place in the original.

eso76

flying / gliding with that 3d engine sounds good to me. More games should feature 'flying' :p

pickpocketing wasn't bad, it was just awkward being able to do it only with certain characters and at certain times.

Sounds good, besides being italian and living near florence (tuscany countryside in fact), purchase is basically obligatory anyway for me; i suspect we'll be seeing a lot of italy in coming games, must be because of the recent hollywood trends; videogames tend to follow those.

I'm glad that 'flying' actually means gliding. A glider I can cope with, Ezio having his own "Assassa-Chopper" would have been a bit too much.

I hope that these '16 unique mission types' don't end up overlapping each other and truly are unique. I don't want pickpocketing to encompass 3 types of mission (stealing, information gathering, lint collector etc)

In the grand scheme of things I enjoyed AC1, although I will admit that the last few hours of the game dragged big time and by the end of it I ceased caring about the game and was just playing to complete it. I hope that the repetitive nature of the missions and the combat is remedied in someway for AC2.

FFChris

Hopefully the locations are as beautiful as the first games. Yes the gameplay wasn't the best, but the enviroments and free running made it for me.

pseudocaesar said:
Lorendo who assassination? They dont mean Lorenzo de' Medici do they? Cos he wasn't assassinated.

They could mean the Pazzi Conspiracy to dethrone the Medici family, although the events of that episode take place in 1478....still...close enough!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazzi_Conspiracy

On Sunday, April 26, 1478,[1] during High Mass at the Duomo before a crowd of 10,000, Giuliano de' Medici was stabbed 19 times by a gang that included a priest. As he bled to death on the cathedral floor, his brother Lorenzo escaped with serious, but non life-threatening wounds. Lorenzo appeared shortly after, locked safely in the sacristy by the humanist Poliziano. A coordinated attempt to capture the Gonfaloniere and Signoria was thwarted when the archbishop and head of the Salviati clan were trapped in a room whose doors had a hidden latch. The coup d'état failed, and the enraged Florentines seized and killed the conspirators. Jacopo de' Pazzi was tossed from a window. To finish him off, the mob dragged him naked through the streets, then threw him into the Arno River. The Pazzi family were stripped of their possessions in Florence, every vestige of their name effaced. Salviati was hanged on the walls of the Palazzo della Signoria. Although Lorenzo appealed to the crowd not to exact summary justice, many of the conspirators, as well as many people accused of being conspirators, were killed. Lorenzo did manage to save the nephew of Sixtus IV, Cardinal Raffaele Riario, who was almost certainly an innocent dupe of the conspirators, as well as two relatives of the conspirators. The main conspirators were hunted down throughout Italy; however, a wider retribution by Lorenzo, including hundreds of killings, is a myth.

Definitely sounds like something that could be embellished by the writers into the wider conspiracy that formed a part of AC1.

DestinRL

TEASE.jpg

Top Bottom