• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 2 Info from Game Informer (no scans)

Linkified

If this game keeps those damn beggars that bump into you and everybody goes look theres an assassin I will be damned pissed. Also if we have to traverse the country side at least let me gallop through it and not have to take 20 minutes to get to a point because i'm not disguised as a monk.

On a positive not though I'm glad they got rid of pickpocketing, but they should of kept eavesdropping

DestinRL said:
TEASE.jpg

ummm.....wtf? he has both of his ring fingers! 2 hidden blades, but hasnt lost a finger....

Looks awesome though, i cant fuckin wait till it comes out, Assassins Creed is one of my favorites games, even if it was repedative.

near

Gold Member
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.

Fuck yeah! I just hope they don't replace this with something else that will just get repetitious.

Also, that character design looks spectacular. :p

The game needs significant work aside from just the design structure. Guard AI was shit and needs to be worked out from the ground up. You should not get in to a sword fight because you were running. Running from a murder, perhaps, just running is not really cause for alarm. The pendulum also swings the other way where I can toss a guard off a building and just, like, stand there. Maybe back away an inch. And all the guards will scramble the streets looking for you, despite the fact the dead guy just fell off a building.

Man for a bunch of Assassin they sure do stick with the same style for centuries. Surely if one sees a guy in one of those costumes they'd run for the guards immediately?

I'm looking forward to seeing more of it, I enjoyed Assassin's Creed, but finished it in one day (honestly) and am glad I didn't spend €60 on it (borrowed it on 360, won a copy of it on PS3).

Assassin's Creed (imo) is the best new IP of the generation, but unfortunately Ubisoft was too focused on the technology behind the first game and it suffered as a result. And as some wise sage said earlier, I have hope that Ubi Montreal is focused on ironing out the issues the 1st one had to make this one the masterpiece it has the potential to be. Regardless, I can't wait to see more of this at E3.

Just judging from the cover art, this isn’t the same Altair that we’re used to. At the very least, he’s picked up some spiffy new threads, right? Nope. In Assassin’s Creed 2, players take on the role of Ezio, a young noble whose family was lost through rival ruling families' betrayals. In addition to the new character, players are going to get to explore a new setting: Renaissance-era Venice.

25zqqut.jpg

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200904/N09.0410.0649.28372.htm

ummm.....wtf? he has both of his ring fingers! 2 hidden blades, but hasnt lost a finger....

Check out the artwork on the teaser site, looks like Mr Da Vinci has fashioned a new hidden blade that doesn't require the loss of both fingers.

(unless of course they have Ye Olde Prosthetic. But quite frankly I think that having an assassin's guild where all members have a distinguishing feature such as a missing middle finger isn't the smartest move in the world.)

[aimg]http://i39.tinypic.com/25zqqut.jpg[/aimg]

Seriously, he looks freaking awesome.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Dead Man Typing said:
I loved Assassin's Creed and I like what I read here.

The original was flawed, but still very enjoyable. If this game can fix those problems and deliver an experience similar to the first, then we could be looking at something special.

I wonder if they'd ever try and do Assassin's Co-op....
I really hope not.

edit: Goddam, that mishmash of clothing styles came out looking suprisingly badass. Like, really badass.

sionyboy said:
Check out the artwork on the teaser site, looks like Mr Da Vinci has fashioned a new hidden blade that doesn't require the loss of both fingers.

(unless of course they have Ye Olde Prosthetic. But quite frankly I think that having an assassin's guild where all members have a distinguishing feature such as a missing middle finger isn't the smartest move in the world.)

Seriously, he looks freaking awesome.

But the girl in the present day was missing her finger... so... I dunno.

That Game Informer cover is pretty sweet.

Dead Man Typing said:

Yeah, I think they may have written themselves into a quandry there with that aspect of the guild, wonder if it'll be explained or just sort of 'written over'? Although Ezio does seem to be wearing a gauntlet on his right hand in the pics so far, maybe his finger is missing but the gauntlet covers it up, and Da Vinci's new device is just there for show.

Found the pic of the device from the other thread;

2yx4vo2.jpg

bumpkin

Slavik81 said:
Nice. Although I had thought pick pocketing was generally one of the better mission types....
I agree. It lent itself to the whole angle of trying to get intel on your target... And to be honest, I didn't really mind the eavesdropping missions either. *shrug* I didn't dislike any of the mission types, I just wish there had been a couple more and that you didn't always do the same set; hell, even random would be fine by me. It'd give more replay value.

jett

D-Member
The info sounds kinda good, however...

- YOU DO INDEED FLY AND THERES A PICTURE OF IT.

Warrior Within'd.

- 16 unique mission types.

This is troubling. Are they gonna keep the same piece of crap mission structure from before? More missions types won't help, eventually it will feel repetitive again.

Johann

Dead Man Typing said:

No, no.
She just bent her ring finger for that scene.
Besides, it would ruin all my fanfiction.

jett said:
This is troubling. Are they gonna keep the same piece of crap mission structure from before? More missions types won't help, eventually it will feel repetitive again.
How many ways can you gather intel? There are only so many ways. I don't entirely disagree with you though. I think the solution lies in changing the way the mission "types" occur so that there is more variety within each type.

a.wd

yes yes yes oh yes, really enjoyed the first one (though it is flawed), really looking forward to the second one....:lol :lol :lol

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
jett said:
I don't want another really linear game. I'm happy with the direction that the first one took, I just want more variety. This sounds perfect.

jett

D-Member
Hollywood Duo said:
How many ways can you gather intel? There are only so many ways. I don't entirely disagree with you though. I think the solution lies in changing the way the mission "types" occur so that there is more variety within each type.

Problem is that getting "intel" was retarded and in the end it didn't matter one bit or helped you at all in completing the assassination. If this time around intel actually helps you pinpoint your target on your own without the game having to do it for you, then good. But I really don't see Ubisoft Montreal doing this.

BobsRevenge said:
I don't want another really linear game. I'm happy with the direction that the first one took, I just want more variety. This sounds perfect.

But the first game was insanely linear. You completed any two "missions"(which intel served no purpose whatsoever) and the game immediately jumped into assassination mode, giving you the exact location of the target ony our map for no real reason. I'm asking for something that is actually LESS linear and a more natural way of progressing through the game.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Grimm Fandango said:
Maybe I was being a little too hasty with my first reaction.

The more I look at the new character, the more I like him.

i'll decide whether i like the design or not when i see him running up buildings and stabbing fools.

kaskade

I like the design of the new character. I knew that he wasn't going to look exactly like Altair because they are kind of at two different time periods. He does like similar enough that if I didn't see his picture in this thread and it was just somewhere on the net I would have probably been able to tell it was from the game.

squicken

Ugh. I too fear a Warrior Within, only for a different reason. I thought Sands of Time had a wonderful combat system. It wasn't trying to be a twitch action game. But they added a bunch of shitty combos for people who wanted the game to be like DMC or NG.

Please don't make me have to pause the game to memorize some boring ass combo list please. Fix the stealth mechanics and missions. Leave the combat system intact. If you must change something, then add a bow and arrow.

jett said:
Problem is that getting "intel" was retarded and in the end it didn't matter one bit or helped you at all in completing the assassination. If this time around intel actually helps you pinpoint your target on your own without the game having to do it for you, then good. But I really don't see Ubisoft Montreal doing this.

But the first game was insanely linear. You completed any two "missions"(which intel served no purpose whatsoever) and the game immediately jumped into assassination mode, giving you the exact location of the target ony our map for no real reason. I'm asking for something that is actually LESS linear and a more natural way of progressing through the game.

Intel was useful not just for gaining backstory, but also for noting the location of security around your target. The assassinations are much, much easier if you know where the guards are.

And the target doesn't just "pop up", you have to deliberately go to the Assassin's Guild to initiate the assassination, it's your choice if you don't want all of the info.

squicken said:
Leave the combat system intact. If you must change something, then add a bow and arrow.

This would be great. The combat was one of the more natural things about the first game.

So they announced Venice and the tuscan countryside as locations.
I guess Florence will follow suit, maybe another tuscan city (siena?).
Rome and Genoa would be awesome to play in but Rome is simply too big to be in the game. Genoa is actually pretty collected and its narrow and dark alleys would suit the game perfectly.

Very interested.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Intel was useful not just for gaining backstory, but also for noting the location of security around your target. The assassinations are much, much easier if you know where the guards are.

And the target doesn't just "pop up", you have to deliberately go to the Assassin's Guild to initiate the assassination, it's your choice if you don't want all of the info.

This would be great. The combat was one of the more natural things about the first game.
The assassinations were retardedly easy anyway because the AI was broken and, supposing you got caught, the combat system was incredibly easy to go on a counter spree and kill an entire platoon.

There needs to be much stricter penalties for getting caught.

Nooreo

I don't approve of the v-neck. I think the v-neck will draw me away from the character :(.
and his lady boots

jett

D-Member
I also hope Ezio isn't a one-note avatar with no personality, either. Hopefully they find him a proper voice that doesn't stand out of place this time, too. :p

Ramenman

jett said:

Yeah, if each "intel" bit was an information on the target's (or his hideout's) weaknesses, it would at the very least give a advantage to the player that bothers doing all the intel missions.

Ramenman said:
Yeah, if each "intel" bit was an information on the target's (or his hideout's) weaknesses, it would at the very least give a advantage to the player that bothers doing all the intel missions.

They were :/ If you went into the inventory and looked at the intel you had acquired there would be schematics for the place you had to infiltrate, places where the guards were in fewer numbers, times for guard changes etc etc....

Unless you are being sarcastic in which case... nevermind :p

Ramenman

sionyboy said:
They were :/ If you went into the inventory and looked at the intel you had acquired there would be schematics for the place you had to infiltrate, places where the guards were in fewer numbers, times for guard changes etc etc....

Unless you are being sarcastic in which case... nevermind :p

Crap, I wasn't D:

Maybe I just never saw that, or I forgot. Since I always took the time to plan my escape and silently take out as much guards as I could before going-in, I probably never needed to notice too :/

I feel like one of those assholes saying "I wish there were a tutorial for every Uber Trick in SSX Blur"

:/

Top Bottom