• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 2 Info from Game Informer (no scans)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
beelzebozo said:
'you have been caught. as punishment, play the first assassin's creed beginning to end.'
:lol

they tie eizo down and force him to watch so4 cutscenes

acevans2

I remember after the first game came out there were articles about how the team said they wanted to get 2-player in, but couldn't manage before the game's release. I hope this one has it.

jett

D-Member
sionyboy said:
They were :/ If you went into the inventory and looked at the intel you had acquired there would be schematics for the place you had to infiltrate, places where the guards were in fewer numbers, times for guard changes etc etc....

Unless you are being sarcastic in which case... nevermind :p

I noticed some schematics and drawings, but I didn't think they were good for anything to be honest. :p Besides, you were a one-man army in AC1 once you got the counter-timing right, nothing stands in your way.

Ramenman said:
Crap, I wasn't D:

Maybe I just never saw that, or I forgot. Since I always took the time to plan my escape and silently take out as much guards as I could before going-in, I probably never needed to notice too :/

I feel like one of those assholes saying "I wish there were a tutorial for every Uber Trick in SSX Blur"

:/

To be fair, the intel you find is stupidly well hidden within the menu system. I only discovered it towards the end of the game, and I felt very stupid having gone through the game pretty much meeting every challenge head-on. I was also pretty annoyed that such an important part of the game felt so hidden away from the player. :/

In the grand scheme of things you didn't miss much, the various glitches and crappy ai often spoiled the perfect plan anyway. One mission I snuck into the castle exactly as the intel told me too, I was getting closer to my target and then.... 6 guards spawned around me. *reload*

Prine

Banned
Hmmmm the beauty of Altier robes was that it was simple in design. They gone all out with Enzo.

Its good, but Alteirs was so much better

assassins-creed-20060921105332117.jpg

Ramenman

jett said:
Besides, you were a one-man army in AC1 once you got the counter-timing right, nothing stands in your way.

Yeah, that's what I thought, until those fucking unescapable fights at the end. Ugh.

jett

D-Member
Prine said:
Hmmmm the beauty of Altier robes was that it was simple in design. They gone all out with Enzo.

They tried to marry Altair with 15th century fashion design. I think Ezio looks all right, but it's not a complete success.

wouwie

I have a love hate relationship with the first game. However, this is going to be a day 1 purchase. Can't wait to see some screenshots. The setting sounds absolutely awesome for a game (+ day/night cycle). I hope they fix some/most of the problems that plagued the first game though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The more I look at it, the more I dislike the design. It looks messy and heavy. It's distinctive, which doesn't strike me as all that logical, and it's asymmetrical. Whatever, I don't care. Give Eizo skippable cutscenes this time.

wow, looks like a nice set list~ Sounds like their digging more into a historical aspect (which I like) with the environments...
I may have to go back and play the end of the first one again because all I can remember is that is was all kinds of crazy....like, LOST crazy.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the end of this should be like the end of ghostbusters 2

except like, it zooms in, and it's all, ohhhhh shit eizo in the sistene chapel riding a cloud

iamcool388 said:
Goddammit am I the only one who enjoyed the first game?

I am also having a lot of fun with Godfather 2 right now... maybe my quality meter is broken. :-(

I loved the game - favorite of 2007. There definitely needs to be improvements, and by the sound of it, they may finally have a nice formula going. Let's hope those 16 unique missions are actually unique. I like the idea of getting in-game rewards for collecting all that crap. The setting couldn't be more awesome; I'm very excited for this and can't wait to hear/see more.

Oh yea, one more thing, we need a fucking crouch button! What assassin doesn't crouch?!

The character design is pretty awesome I think - I don't see it as any more complex than Altair's. It fits the period well yet stays faithful to the assassins guild attire. I love the intricacies of the gauntlets/belts/sashes, but I think they went overboard with the knife gloves. One would've been good enough. I've got great images in my head of Ezio jumping rooftop-to-rooftop; it's a good thing. (AND FINALLY SWIMMING!)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Prine said:

Altair was good for the crusades era, his clothing reminded us of templars and monks, which makes sense considering he is supposed to blend in the crowd. The Renaissance era has a more refined fashion sense, much more ornamental, and it is a time of more emphasis on romance, personality, etc.

witness

Sounds freakin awesome. I loved the first, highly looking forward to this one. Like the new character design as well.

Grecco

Not a fan of the character design to be honest. Would have loved something less altair and more apropo for the era.

Reeally interested in the era of the game though. Venice? Yes. Im interested.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is it a bad sign that I burst out laughing when I saw that design? :lol

He looks like he's starring in some hilarious cheesy music video.

Don

I love the design for Ezio. Hopefully they do another Collectors Edition with an Ezio figure to go along with the Altair one I got with the first game.

Ether_Snake said:
Altair was good for the crusades era, his clothing reminded us of templars and monks, which makes sense considering he is supposed to blend in the crowd. The Renaissance era has a more refined fashion sense, much more ornamental, and it is a time of more emphasis on romance, personality, etc.

did you contribute to character creation or are you working on background stuff only?

Nirolak said:
Is it a bad sign that I burst out laughing when I saw that design? :lol

He looks like he's starring in some hilarious cheesy music video.
It is definitely a bad sign for you. Unless you are stoned, what in the world would make you "burst out laughing"???

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hollywood Duo said:
It is definitely a bad sign for you. Unless you are stoned, what in the world would make you "burst out laughing"???
His pose. He's spreading his arms out like an 80's music video while smirking.

It's not a bad design I just think they way they drew him standing was ridiculous.

Of course if you want to get all defensive about it be my guest.

Nirolak said:
His pose. He's spreading his arms out like an 80's music video while smirking.

It's not a bad design I just think they way they drew him standing was ridiculous.
They are showing off his hidden blades, thats my guess as to why he is drawn in that pose.

Nooreo

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Popped collar + v-neck + smirk = do not want
also two assassins blade? wtf?, you need a signature hand to bring death upon those enemies .

i dunno perhaps his personality might go well with it.

Mau ®

Looks like they're fixing a lot of the issues. I loved the first but it was very repetitive, i could only play it chunks by chunks.

Ether_Snake said:

hmmm, but a hood doesn't really contribute to that perception...sure it indicates cloak and dagger, but a Franciscan monk pops into my mind before an assassin...a face mask might have been better, though cliched

Loxley

iamcool388 said:
Goddammit am I the only one who enjoyed the first game?

I am also having a lot of fun with Godfather 2 right now... maybe my quality meter is broken. :-(

Played through it four times, start-to-finish, myself. Assuming ACII is coming out this year, it's definitely on my top three most anticipated for '09.

Few things I hope are changed:

-make cutscenes skippable as mentioned before
-ability to turn off the on-screen tutorials
-cool unlockables like different costumes and stuff (yeah they probably won't fit in well but that's why they are extra)

Altair looked like what he was, a bad ass assassin.

The new guy looks like a fruity boss character from the DMC series. I'd half expect him to start tossing out summons or fire magic. I just can't imagine a guy walking around in 1450 looking like that without attracting much more attention then an assassin would want.

Not to say he doesn't look cool, but unless he's going to fight flaming dragons from hell with massive super powers I'm just not feeling it.

Top Bottom