• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Revolver: Black Label announced, will release January 2018.

gngf123

For those who are not aware, Blue Revolver is a pretty great indie STG that released last year. There's a little discussion on it in the release thread/OT: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1293371

Black Label is intended to be a rerelease of the game with a lot of gameplay tweaks and extra content. It'll be released as a free update on Steam, Humble and itch.io.

• Standard play is now "Arcade Mode", featuring rebalanced weapons, reworked BREAKs, gameplay tweaks, an overhauled last stage and greater scoring potential for masters to chase.
  • Missions mode is entirely reworked - new structure, more unique missions, score tracking. Missions are tuned to be generally easier / more permissive, with bigger requirements to get the top rewards.
  • Experimental Weapon mode becomes "Arrange Mode" - powerful weapons with recharging ammo and an all-new scoring system. Intended for experts, but enjoyable at all skill levels.
  • An all-new extra mode puts Dee in the pilot seat, featuring short quick-fire "bursts" of gameplay and a new powerup system. How long can you last?
  • New arranged soundtrack by Exemia and Hagane.
  • New, expanded tutorials better introduce the fundamentals.
  • Tons of new unlockables - including "Data Files" that reveal more about the world and characters, graphical filters and more.
  • "Gadgets" put extra game information on-screen for widescreen resolutions, with better stat tracking for things like personal best stage scores and breaks acquired.
  • More localizations (exact list TBC) and support for user-created localizations.
  • Plenty of extra quality-of-life stuff.

http://bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

Ronin Ray

Really fun game with great art and music. I am not very good at it though. It's very cool they keep adding things to it and you can tell a lot of work went into it

microfolk

I'm so grateful for the continued support this game is getting, I hope this update will bring some more visibility and well deserved sales.

Eolz

Fantastic game, will be even easier to recommend now!
Some missions were indeed a bit hard for what they were trying to accomplish, despite being extremely useful. Really like all the changes announced, hopefully more people will pick it up.

gngf123

What does STG mean?

Shooting game.

These days, people get confused if you just say shooting game, and assume you are talking about an FPS, so people normally say STG's or Shmup's (Shoot'em Up) instead. I never particularly liked the latter though, and STG is the more common abbreviation in Japan.

Top Bottom