• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Study Finds The Defenders Least Watched from Netflix/Marvel in U.S.

Falchion

I just finished episode 3 and it's pretty good, but I can get why some people would skip the group one and just stick to Daredevil or Jessica Jones.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
I've watched all the previous Netflix/Marvel series and enjoyed all of them to some degree but in all honesty I just can't be arsed to watch Defenders. Even the thought of watching makes me feel tired.

Watched half of it, no desire to finish it, wasnt bad, but im pretty bored of the street level universe at this point, maybe punisher can pull me back

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Iron Fist killed the franchise.

Worst. Iron Fist. EVER.

I enjoyed Defenders but not as much as I wanted to, it felt like they just didn't try very hard. But yeah I will admit that Iron Fist killed a lot of my excitement for Defenders too. I trudged my way through all of Iron Fist but I really didn't want to, and I came surprisingly close to stopping towards the end. Someone really flubbed up with Iron Fist.

Daredevil - Loved it, fantastic.
Daredevel 2 - Also loved it. Punisher was a great surprise.
Jessica Jones - I thought it was really good.
Luke Cage - I really enjoyed the first half, but then it just fizzled out.
Iron Fist - I thought he was a whiny, uninteresting character, and the show was really bad IMHO.
Defenders - I liked parts of it, somewhat, but the story was underwhelming and the focus was misplaced IMHO. Danny again sucked.

Punisher - Thankfully this looks promising so far, hopefully Danny isn't in it at all.

Mossybrew

I was pretty much burnt on these shows by the time I finished Luke Cage. Iron Fist sure gave me no reason to tune in even once. Defenders? Yawn. I'm honestly just tired of these people.

However I will probably check out Punisher.

rackham

Banned
Incompetent Fist might be a mess, but more happens than in The Defenders, which, to me, is boring as fuck and barely gives any new information to the viewers throughout it's meandering 8 episodes. Anecdotal, but word of mouth here is pretty bad.

Yeah I was disappointed by The Defenders. It mostly centered around Iron Fists plot.

It took The Hand and made them random street thugs. Turned Luke Cage into a nothing. He got his ass handed to him the entire show. Most of all though, it was just boring. It had one "good" fight scene which is absolutely ridiculous

Onaco

Worst Marvel TV series next to Agents of SHIELD.
Plot was basically: this lady is dying of cancer, I think. She's going to take everyone with her. Oh, and she happens to be a member of the hand. We need to kill everyone because.. reasons.

Dysun

Personally speaking, Netflix MCU has been in a downward spiral for awhile now (Luke Cage's second half) and The Defenders didn't do enough Every iteration looks less interesting.
Iron Fist is a gigantic misfire, and The Hand have always sucked since the Nobu fight in DD S1.

At least The Punisher gives me some hope of bucking that trend.

Daredevil was awesome, though maybe I hold it in that high regard because it was "the first", but I really liked it.

Jessica Jones was different but I enjoyed it a lot, maybe even more than DD.

Luke Cage was meh. I dind´t like that the story got rid of the main villain halfway through and suddenly introduced another one who was supposed to be the big baddie. After spending half the show building up a great villain to prompty get rid of him I just couldn´t give any credibility to the new one. The last fight on the street with that poor armor looked dumb to me.

Iron Fist was very disappointing. The actions scenes here should put to shame the stunts in DD but they were nowhere close. Having a main character who can´t fight hurt the show too much for me. The glowing fist looks dumb. Also, the power having so many restrictions, added to the main character´s poor fighting prowess make the Iron Fist superhero look like a joke. He struggles against anyone who decides to fight him, when he should be overwhelming almost everyone like Goku in the first rounds of the Martial Arts Tournament. The character itself has many flaws: he´s triumphed over everyone in K´un Lun and earned the Iron Fist, he´s supposed to be this awesome martial arts master with incredible mind and body control, yet he´s really a little brat that can´t keep his anger in check. He should be calm and collected and the voice of reason, but whenever he´s not meditating he´s just exploding into a burst of rage. I find this incredibly contradictory and annoying and it makes me dislike the character a lot.

DD2 tried to do too may things and became too messed up. The Punisher however was an incredible character, so I enjoyed the show thanks to him.

The Defenders: I liked it more than I thought I would. It had some dumb stuff, specially anything surrounding Iron Fist
like when Electra tricks him into smashing the barrier, c´mon!
. It was all so predictable that it only highlighted more how shitty that character and all the writing surrounding him is. The rest was OK, I liked the JJ-LC-DD interactions and DD kicked ass in the fighting scenes. One little detail I didn´t like was how everytime LC entered a scene we would get this music change to show how smooth and black he is. It felt dumb and I don´t think the character needs anything to highight such a basic trait. I think the show dropped it after the first episodes (or maybe I just grew accustomed to it and filtered it away) but it felt really dumb and out of place.

I don't see how anyone can like JJ more than DD1 when when Jessica Jones had the worst character ever.

tumblr_ny6v7rKcBY1t7lpiro3_400.gif

I don't know a single person who didn't watch Stranger Things in its entirety within two weeks of its release, and it was absolutely EVERYWHERE in media.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
they just made iron fist to self serious he should of been the comic relief of the group they really missed out on adding the comics version

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I don't know a single person who didn't watch Stranger Things in its entirety within two weeks of its release, and it was absolutely EVERYWHERE in media.

I never heard of it until like 2 days ago. And I have Netflix lol. I watch it after I either finish Defenders or Insecure.

I don't see how anyone can like JJ more than DD1 when when Jessica Jones had the worst character ever.

Jessica Jones is the apex of N/M for me. Not just the character, but the villain, and the overall themes. So much of the show was really about abuse, survival, and the mind games people play.

I think DD S1 and JJ are the best Marvel shows because they have really interesting subtexts beside the surface plot. After that is Luke Cage, which has semi-interesting subtext and is also a nice update of a genre. Then there's DD S2 which is basically *just* plot (s'okay but not great) and Iron Fist which I never finished.

Essentially, those early M/N shows had a bit more inspiration and underlying theme to elevate them.

EDIT: And oh yeah, Nuke did suck. Even he's part of the subtext/theme though.

LotusHD

Banned

It had Kilgrave and Jessica, so I can see why some people prefer JJ. After I finished watching it, I went back and forth on which I liked the most, but ultimately I went with DD due to it being more consistent.

DD Season 1 was great.

JJ didn't really keep my interest for long. Not my kind of show.

DD Season 2 started off great with The Punisher. Once Electra came in though it fell off a cliff and Daredevil became detestable.

LC I didn't even know was a thing until it was already out so I just didn't bother.

IF I didn't watch because I heard it was complete garbo.

So now we get to The Defenders... Well, I don't like Daredevil (after Season 2) or Iron Fist (base on what I've heard of him), have little interest in Jessica, Luke Cage is cool but he's just one character...

So yeah, can't say I have much interest. I'll give The Punisher a try if people say it's good.

Won

Well, Daredevil season 2 was the last time I watched a full season of one of those things, so that graph makes sense to me. That show just killed my interest and I already didn't manage finishing JJ.

I feel the shows in general need more of an identity beyond "It's Marvel on Netflix! Let's binge!".

DD Season 1 was great.

JJ didn't really keep my interest for long. Not my kind of show.

DD Season 2 started off great with The Punisher. Once Electra came in though it fell off a cliff and Daredevil became detestable.

LC I didn't even know was a thing until it was already out so I just didn't bother.

IF I didn't watch because I heard it was complete garbo.

So now we get to The Defenders... Well, I don't like Daredevil (after Season 2) or Iron Fist (base on what I've heard of him), have little interest in Jessica, Luke Cage is cool but he's just one character...

So yeah, can't say I have much interest. I'll give The Punisher a try if people say it's good.

If you don't have much interest in Jessica, Defenders might be for you.

Really, it's DD S3 with the others in supporting roles, for the most part. Jessica does the least of the 4, apart from some detective work.

How can everyone agree that iron fist was awful? Jessica jones/luke cage did not have perfect acting either. Jesus get over it, The defenders was awesome and it's a shame most people dictate their opinions based on how the internet feels. If a movie is liked by reddit, people feel better about liking it. If people on reddit/rotton tomatoes dont like something, most people agree. Make up your own opinions rather then seeing acting that isnt perfect, going on the internet and saying how much uou hate it to join the masses. It is a damn show, watch what you like and dont like, just for the love of god make it your own decision.

If you don't have much interest in Jessica, Defenders might be for you.

Really, it's DD S3 with the others in supporting roles, for the most part. Jessica does the least of the 4, apart from some detective work.

Iron Fist seems like the main character. I feel like he got more screen time over Matt. Not a good thing as Finn Jones is so cringeworthy, although he was better than in IF(nowhere to go but up though).

hydruxo

surprised how low Stranger Things is in those rankings, it felt like one of those big pop culture moments of the year but I guess it wasn't really the case?

It's just the first 30 days. There wasn't that much hype at first then it caught on and blew up.

Iron Fist seems like the main character. I feel like he got more screen time over Matt. Not a good thing as Finn Jones is so cringeworthy, although he was better than in IF(nowhere to go but up though).

I almost changed my post to list him AND DD, but I figured the last couple of eps solidified it as DD's story.

I really could have done with seeing more JJ and LC.

LotusHD

Banned
How can everyone agree that iron fist was awful? Jessica jones/luke cage did not have perfect acting either. Jesus get over it, The defenders was awesome and it's a shame most people dictate their opinions based on how the internet feels. If a movie is liked by reddit, people feel better about liking it. If people on reddit/rotton tomatoes dont like something, most people agree. Make up your own opinions rather then seeing acting that isnt perfect, going on the internet and saying how much uou hate it to join the masses. It is a damn show, watch what you like and dont like, just for the love of god make it your own decision.

The people that watched Iron Fist and Defenders know exactly why he's awful though. Those reviews told no lies lmao

Say what you want about JJ and LC (Moreso Luke Cage, I know not everyone fucked w/ Coulter's acting), but at the end of the day, only one out of the four Defenders is so utterly reviled, and for good reason.

I have watched all the other Marvel shows but this one I really haven't. I started watching the first episode, fell asleep and never went back. I think it has to do with the fact that each new Marvel show I have cared less and less about. Dare Devil is really the only one that truly excites me. The others I kind of just watch to watch.

After watching The Defenders (which had its moments of not-so-good), I'm more enforced not to watch Iron Fist. Maybe I'm wrong, but he came off as a child in The Defenders.

And scenes like this gave me a headache. There were a few of them in the first couple episodes for scenes that didn't really call for it. Slow down! You don't need to be moving the camera like fucking Michael Bay.

I still ended up liking Defenders. I still won't touch Iron Fist. I'm not interested in him or his story.

Didn't finish Luke Cage, wasn't interested in Iron Fist after its reception and didn't even know Defenders was out yet. But I saw that new Punisher trailer ...

Top Bottom