• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid: PS4 controller prototype & devkit photo, [Up: New Photo/Info In OP]

Yep. Something that might actually fit my hands. Improved dpad (please be the Vita's) is a huge plus. Wish they'd finally realize that the analog stick positioning is superior on the 360 controller and just copy it. From the pic though it kinda looks like it rivals Xbox's Duke controller in size. Probably just the pic.

No. Asymmetrical analog sticks are atrocious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I definitely think it looks more comfy than the Dualshock. If this is the next evolution, I'm okay with this. Disappointing the left analogue is still in the wrong place, but I don't expect them to break tradition. If the triggers are better, we've got ourselves a winner.

MrCow

My thoughts:

i3UzEapI0L8Yx.jpg

could be either microphone or speaker (like in the wii controller) or both

since the PSVita only has a little hole as a microphone i think it would be weird if the PS4 needed a bunch of holes for it, therefor i'm guessing it's a speaker

mic.jpg

M.D

They need to make sure you can't accidentally press the Start/Select buttons if they are on the sides of the touch pad/screen.

Sony has no shame. Are they really going to try to sell screens on controllers having seen Nintendo innovate that approach with the WiiU? Ripping off rumble from the N64 controller, motion controls with the Sixaxis, and now SCREENS with this unnamed PS4 controller, I have never been more disappointed. Can they not come up with an innovative idea for once in their companies lives? At least with the Vita they at least tried to innovate with rear touch panel capabilities, but this is just getting ridiculous. Sony I sincerely hope you change your plans while you have the time. Maybe then will I consider dropping money on this travesty.
Literally makes me sick.

tusken77

Looks fantastic. Seems the best controller ever just got even better. Now turn around and let me see those triggers, baby.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Also, the handles look a bit like Xbox 360 ones, slightly rounder than the current dual shock. So although it looks a bit chubby, I bet its comfortable

I hope it charges by micro USB, and can charge from any old USB wall charger

MAX PAYMENT

I can admit to not being a big dual shock fan. But I can admit the dual shock is a classy looking controller. This, however, looks like a butt fugly toy.

Bgamer90

Banned
Who needs Kinect for voice commands when you got it right there on the controller, whether you want to wear a headset or not. Win win win if that's how it works.

I would prefer a microphone on the system (or a microphone to put above the TV ala Kinect) since there are certain games I play in which I use voice commands but don't play with a controller (like when I use my steering wheel when playing Forza).

But yeah, there's definitely positives and negatives to both.

SgtCobra

Guys just a question huh, how do you guys want to use the DS4 as a Move controller?
Don't we already have the SIXAXIS for minor movements?

It's an indicator that the controller is on, albeit a very big one. That is my guess, I've heard something like this.

What is SHARE?

Rumor: "A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet."

Izick

Also maybe they are trying to improve the headset-less mic from the Vita, and also I think it could be refined for the final design. Who really knows, but who really cares anyway? I mean it's not like as important as how the thing looks/feels.

Midas

When you think about it, it's actually amazing that they've basically have had the same controller design for soon 20 years. That's just a testament on how fantastic it is. And I'm quite sure that this will be the best version so far.

Cheers for another 20 years!

I would prefer a microphone on the system (or a microphone to put above the TV ala Kinect) since there are certain games I play in which I use voice commands but don't play with a controller (like when I use my steering wheel when playing Forza or NFS MW).

But yeah, there's definitely positives and negatives to both though.

My biggest gripe with using Kinect for the mic is all the people that do nothing but feed me their TV audio in games. I see your point, but perhaps all new peripherals will include the mic (if thats what it is).

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
If this is the real deal...to think Sony made it till 6 days before the reveal without the controller being leaked. That must really sting lol.

Perkel

Banned
I really don't think that's a mic. I reckon it's a speaker grille. It's way too large to be a mic and the placement means all anyone would hear would be clacking analogue sticks.

1. You should see PSEye fucking big mic.
2. Stick doesn't need to be loud also noise canceling

Rumor: "A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet."

Thanks.

Nibel

I love the D-Pad and those sticks look great, too - screen is kind of weird, really small..

Seems really, really overloaded though, from a design perspective - it only does everything indeed :lol

Nice leak!

Top Bottom