• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid: PS4 controller prototype & devkit photo, [Up: New Photo/Info In OP]

That's how I used to play with the original PS1 pad. Worked great for Colony Wars.

pad1.jpg

But this thing was much lighter than any of the Dual Shocks.

the non dualshock sixaxis that launched with the ps3 gives it a run for it's money. that thing had no rumble motors and was almost TOO light.

the non dualshock sixaxis that launched with the ps3 gives it a run for it's money. that thing had no rumble motors and was almost TOO light.

That thing felt like I was holding nothing at all. I feared the slightest incident of games-rage would result in it crumbling in my hands.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Anyone have pics of that mocked up PS3 from way back, ~2003/4? It was a vertical orientation with a "molded" grey and metal finish. It had the same silhouette as a PS2 only curved in place of right-angles.

I always thought that looked futuristic.

For those who dissected the leaked dev kit images, you can recall that quite a few of us thought the black, rubberized knobs on the unit was the PS Eye camera. As you can see in the video below, the development camera is actually an add-on. Compared to the PS3 development kit (not to be confused with the PS3 debug units) the PS4 dev kit is fairly small. I know because I've personally seen the behemoth in person at my old job.

dev kit is viewable at 16 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5eR8xiZvs

quite a few of us thought the black, rubberized knobs on the unit was the PS Eye camera. As you can see in the video below, the development camera is actually an add-on. Compared to the PS3 development kit (not to be confused with the PS3 debug units) the PS4 dev kit is fairly small. I know because I've personally seen the behemoth in person at my old job.

So what are the knobs?

Top Bottom