• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: Official list of Xbox One X titles

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Do we know anything about how "non-enhanced" games will run on the X. Will there be a "boost" mode?

Free texture filtering, and better frame rates (where they were unlocked, up to max), and higher res (if they were designed around dynamic resolution, up to max)

Space_nut

Do we know anything about how "non-enhanced" games will run on the X. Will there be a "boost" mode?

16xAF
Highest fps possible to be more stable
Higher res if game uses dynamic scaling
Faster loading/streaming assets using the extra 4GB of ram to store assets
Faster HDD shorter loading times

Playsage

So they were able to get an exclusive DB FighterZ marketing deal for a couple of months, but they weren't able to reach Tekken Team and ask to upgrade the mess that is T7 on XBO?

Goddammit.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Dovetail Games Euro Fishing

4K Carp, nice.

Not a bad list to be fair, over time it'll likely push me to upgrade from an OG Xbox One when the price settles downwards.

Why is AC Origins in this "true 4K" video while it's been confirmed it's not "true 4K"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlAnthLUa5k

Anything change? or just MS being MS?

AFAIK, "True 4K" is their marketing buzzword for games that go higher than 1080p. It was never a real way to tell what games were going for native "4K". The only other time I've seen the term "True 4K" being used was to point out that consumer televisions use a derivative of the tech used in the cinema and as a result are actually slightly below that resolution. Hence why we have the term "Ultra HD", as it just pertains to the type of 4K we get on consumer televisions.

Colbert

Banned
Why is AC Origins in this "true 4K" video while it's been confirmed it's not "true 4K"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlAnthLUa5k

Anything change? or just MS being MS?

it doesn't say "True 4K". It has the "4K" badge. Explanation see below ...

AFAIK, "True 4K" is their marketing buzzword for games that go higher than 1080p. It was never a real way to tell what games were going for native "4K". The only other time I've seen the term "True 4K" being used was to point out that consumer televisions use a derivative of the tech used in the cinema and as a result aren't capable of "True 4K".

If a game has the 4K badge is can mean one of the following
native 2160p
2160p CBR
Dynamic 2160p
but it always means it has a 2160p frame buffer output and is not upscaled to 2160p.

The following screenshot was taken from news.xbox.com

2UPSrBV.png

native 2160p
2160p CBR
Dynamic 2160p
but it always means it has a 2160p frame buffer output and is not upscaled to 2160p.

Oh damn, thanks for the clarification Colbert! You are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to this stuff!

native 2160p
2160p CBR
Dynamic 2160p

The following screenshot was taken from news.xbox.com

It does say "Introducing true 4K gaming" before showing it.

And what do you mean by "4K Badge"? Is it the one in lower right corner? Because it's the same as Forza which is true 4K.

EDIT: I know the badge could mean those 3 rendering techniques, I was talking about the video saying "Introducing true 4K" and showing AC.

Looks misleading to me.

Colbert

Banned
It does say "Introducing true 4K gaming" before showing it.

And what do you mean by "4K Badge"? Is it the one in lower right corner? Because it's the same as Forza which is true 4K.

Yes I refer what is in the lower right corner.

Edit (referencing your edit):
Not misleading. You will learn at release. Game renders at native 2160p max and dynamically scaled down using CBR.

Yes I refer what is in the lower right corner.

Edit (referencing your edit):
Not misleading. You will learn at release. Game renders at native 2160p max and dynamically scaled down using CBR.

Yeah... I can't fully speak for the poster you replied to, but I've noticed a trend among Gaffers. It seems that some equate "True 4K" with meaning "Native 4K".

This isn't correct. AC Origins is CBR 2160c, not standard 2160p. And CBR isn't any kind of scaling technique, certainly not downscaling.

Also, just because Microsoft have clearly delineated their intent when using "4K Ultra HD" or "true 4K" doesn't mean people aren't misled. There are many threads on GAF where both terms are used as synonyms for native 4K, when that's definitely not what Microsoft intends. (Matters aren't helped when marketing by other companies does use "true 4K" to mean native, like the Gamescom World of Tanks trailer.)

Colbert

Banned
(1) This isn't correct. AC Origins is CBR 2160c, not standard 2160p.

(2) Also, just because Microsoft have clearly delineated their intent when using "4K Ultra HD" or "true 4K" doesn't mean people aren't misled. There are many threads on GAF where both terms are used as synonyms for native 4K, when that's definitely not what Microsoft intends. (Matters aren't helped when marketing by other companies does use "true 4K" to mean native, like the Gamescom World of Tanks trailer.)

(1) If you really so sure about it that my statement is incorrect prepare yourself for a surprise!

(2) Interesting that the "True 4K" triggers so many people. I really don't understand it. The Box plays games in 4K, plays video streams in 4K, records gameplay in 4K, plays BluRays in 4K. So for all content available (except the HDMI In passthrough) it is a "true 4K" output device (explained from a pure marketing POV).

Colbert

Banned
How does the list compare to ps4 pro?

I would ask that question again when the Xbox One X releases as it seems the list will grow until then. I am also sure there should be a thread here on NeoGAF where they maintain that list for the PS4 Pro you asking for.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Having a quick look at a PS4 Pro list with minor to major changes these stand out. I hope some of these can get done, decided to backlog several just incase.

• Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Batman: Return to Arkham
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bulletstorm
  • Call of Duty Black Ops 3
  • Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Dirt Rally
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Overwatch
  • PREY
  • Sniper Elite 4
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • XCOM 2

(1) If you really so sure about it that my statement is incorrect prepare yourself for a surprise!

(2) Interesting that the "True 4K" triggers so many people. I really don't understand it. The Box plays games in 4K, plays video streams in 4K, records gameplay in 4K, plays BluRays in 4K. So for all content available (except the HDMI In passthrough) it is a "true 4K" output device (explained from a pure marketing POV).

Reminds me of this

I know the output is 2160p but the game is not "true 4K". Assassin's Creed Origins is 2160cbr. Just because their wording is "technically" correct, it doesn't make it less misleading.

Phil Spencer also talked about "true 4K" as a different thing than PS4Pro which uses CBR.

Phil Spencer: I look at Pro as more of a competitor to S than I do to Xbox One X. This is a true 4K console.

I am certain you are wrong that CBR is being used as a downscaling algorithm. This is literally impossible given how CBR works.

(2) Interesting that the "True 4K" triggers so many people.
Let's leave aside how condescending and pitiless your sarcastic use of "trigger" is. The use of "true 4K" terminology doesn't trigger people, it just confuses them. Microsoft have clearly stated what they mean by it, but as you say what they mean is a compound trait. The part that applies to games isn't unique to One X, and the parts about video playback aren't either. Multiplex characteristics like this can be tough to keep straight.

The One X 2017 lineup is currently smaller than Pro's 2016 lineup, but the Microsoft list also isn't final yet. More titles will be added before One X launch.

Colbert

Banned
(1) I know the output is 2160p but the game is not "true 4K". Assassin's Creed Origins is 2160cbr. Just because their wording is "technically" correct, it doesn't make it less misleading.

(2) Phil Spencer also talked about "true 4K" as a different thing than PS4Pro which uses CBR.

Phil Spencer: I look at Pro as more of a competitor to S than I do to Xbox One X. This is a true 4K console.

(1) As I said be prepared to be surprised on this matter.

(2) We talk about marketing here and the objective of marketing is to present a product in the best possible ways against the competition. They do what they do to achieve that, what I tried to explain earlier just from an assumed MS PR/marketing POV. You don't like it? Fine. I will not try to change your opinion about it.

Colbert

Banned
(1) I am certain you are wrong that CBR is being used as a downscaling algorithm. This is literally impossible given how CBR works.

(2) Let's leave aside how condescending and pitiless your sarcastic use of "trigger" is. The use of "true 4K" terminology doesn't trigger people, it just confuses them. Microsoft have clearly stated what they mean by it, but as you say what they mean is a compound trait. The part that applies to games isn't unique to One X, and the parts about video playback aren't either. Multiplex characteristics like this can be tough to keep straight.

My last response for today:
(1) Be certain...
(2) No sarcasm...

Good night!

P.S. Have you pre-ordered a Xbox One X?

Orcus

Battlefield 1 & SW:BF 2 better show up on that list before Nov. 7th.

>:[

I am super happy about The Witcher though. I can already tell this is the spark that will let me push past my completionist disorder and finish that game. I should pick up the DLCs while I'm at it.

Wiped89

maybe EA got the OK ? maybe its listed their by mistake and Sony ninjas will be all over it ? it really depends on the marketing deals they have here.

if Sony has the marketing for it as well. it shouldn't be listed really.

there is no bad blood between ACTI and MS not to support the one X. it will most definitely support it.

Your argument makes no sense at all. A marketing deal is just that, a marketing deal to put PS4 logos on adverts. It doesn't mean you can't release on another console.

Technically those games have been available on PC the whole gen which is more powerful still. There is nothing stopping any company listing a game as having an Xbox One X version.

atomsk

Party Pooper
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind

I have to imagine this would be the entire ESO, not just the Morrowind expansion, otherwise that would be kinda weird.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I think that this could be a good place to ask my question:

Games with Gold Deals:
Fallout 4 for 20€ or Final Fantasy XV for 25€.

Both games will officially get One X support. Which one should I get? I'm a big Fallout 3 fan, but I'm leaning more towards Final Fantasy XV because it is different.

Colbert

Banned

Games with Gold Deals:

Both games will officially get One X support. Which one should I get? I'm a big Fallout 3 fan, but I'm leaning more towards Final Fantasy XV because it is different.

Get both! Fallout 4 is very good in my eyes. FF15 I still have to play so I cannot judge it (waiting for the One X to play it).

Games with Gold Deals:

FFXV is quite different from what you'd be used to. It's unique. I haven't played an FF game since XIII and i've had so much fun with XV.I think you should go for it. It will also look amazing on the 1X.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Get both! Fallout 4 is very good in my eyes. FF15 I still have to play so I cannot judge it (waiting for the One X to play it).
I can only get one of them. Tight budget.
FFXV is quite different from what you'd be used to. It's unique. I haven't played an FF game since XIII and i've had so much fun with XV.I think you should go for it. It will also look amazing on the 1X.
I decided to get FFXV.

JoeLT

No ME: Andromeda and Deus Ex: MD? Those two would benefit greatly from One X's specs. Hope they get updated down the line.
After seeing Mass Effect on PS4 Pro I'm pretty desperate for a One X patch before I buy it. Enjoyed the trial but looks like the chances of a One X patch are slim.
Battlefield 1 & SW:BF 2 better show up on that list before Nov. 7th.

>:[

I am super happy about The Witcher though. I can already tell this is the spark that will let me push past my completionist disorder and finish that game. I should pick up the DLCs while I'm at it.
It's rather odd because Battlefield 1 was apart of their E3 supported games announcement, wonder what's up with these inconsistencies.

Having a quick look at a PS4 Pro list with minor to major changes these stand out. I hope some of these can get done, decided to backlog several just incase.

• Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Batman: Return to Arkham
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bulletstorm
  • Call of Duty Black Ops 3
  • Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Dirt Rally
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Overwatch
  • PREY
  • Sniper Elite 4
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • XCOM 2

Really hoping the majority of these are patched by the end of the year but I have a feeling most won't. Especially games with PS marketing deals. Hope I'm shown wrong

Top Bottom