• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: Official list of Xbox One X titles

Macaco84

16xAF
Highest fps possible to be more stable
Higher res if game uses dynamic scaling
Faster loading/streaming assets using the extra 4GB of ram to store assets
Faster HDD shorter loading times

Is this with the whole of the cpu/gpu unlocked or will it do something similar to the ps4 pro that blocks off half the gpu. With the ps4 pro in boost mode you only really get the advantage of:

- 500 mhz more cpu speed
- 111 mhz more gpu speed
- extra bandwidth

Which in effect means cpu limited games get a bigger advantage than gpu limited games and you lose the potential of another 2.1 teraflops of gpu power.

sTiTcH AU

The only games in that list that is a possibility IMO is Battlefield 1, Overwatch, Watch Dogs 2 and maybe Dirt Rally. Anything else there is almost a no chance.

Colbert

Banned
Is this with the whole of the cpu/gpu unlocked or will it do something similar to the ps4 pro that blocks off half the gpu. With the ps4 pro in boost mode you only really get the advantage of:

- 500 mhz more cpu speed
- 111 mhz more gpu speed
- extra bandwidth

Which in effect means cpu limited games get a bigger advantage than gpu limited games and you lose the potential of another 2.1 teraflops of gpu power.

Unpatched games will run by default (no mode switch) with following capabilities on the Xbox One X:
- full CPU upclock
- 3TF GPU peak performance ( 2 Shader Blocks like on the One just with 10 CUs instead of 6CUs per block at full clock speed = 3 TF)
- 4GB Ram Disk (unpatched games can only access 8GB of RAM so the system will use the rest of it as a RAM Disk)
- Full memory bandwidth at (326gbps)
- 16xAF

Macaco84

Unpatched games will run by default (no mode switch) with following capabilities on the Xbox One X:
- full CPU upclock
- 3TF GPU peak performance ( 2 Shader Blocks like on the One just with 10 CUs instead of 6CUs per block at full clock speed = 3 TF)
- 4GB Ram Disk (unpatched games can only access 8GB of RAM so the system will use the rest of it as a RAM Disk)
- Full memory bandwidth at (326gbps)
- 16xAF

Thanks for the information.

Interesting once again half the gpu power is blocked off. Although even with this caveat i expect massive performance increases in unlocked games as the original xbox one had only 1.3 teraflops (with the one s adding an extra 0.1) so the percentage increase here is substantialy more than the ps4-ps4 pro.

Surely for all framerate unlocked, gpu limited games we are going to see all of them reach their performance target practicaly 100 percent of the time? Eg lets say a 60fps game (that is wholly or mostly gpu limited) frequently drops to 40fps under gpu load, this only needs a 50 percent increase to reach 60 locked. Given the 1.3tf to 3tf increase (130 percent increase) this should ensure a completely locked experience.

So if i am reading that right and my maths is good, this should make so many unpatched games absolutely sing. And for those that are cpu limited there is still a 35 percent increase to look forward to.

And thats not even accounting for higher bandwidth.

Much to look forward to!

Colbert

Banned
Thanks for the information.

(1) Interesting once again half the gpu power is blocked off. Although even with this caveat i expect massive performance increases in unlocked games as the original xbox one had only 1.3 teraflops (with the one s adding an extra 0.1) so the percentage increase here is substantialy more than the ps4-ps4 pro.

(2) Surely for all framerate unlocked, gpu limited games we are going to see all of them reach their performance target practicaly 100 percent of the time? Eg lets say a 60fps game (that is wholly or mostly gpu limited) frequently drops to 40fps under gpu load, this only needs a 50 percent increase to reach 60 locked. Given the 1.3tf to 3tf increase (130 percent increase) this should ensure a completely locked experience.

So if i am reading that right and my maths is good, this should make so many unpatched games absolutely sing. And for those that are cpu limited there is still a 35 percent increase to look forward to.

And thats not even accounting for higher bandwidth.

Much to look forward to!

(1) The reason you only can access half of the GPU is that the older versions of the XDK can only handle 2 Shader blocks.

(2) Thats the assumption here. But there are games that are heavily CPU-bound and we will see how those play out.

Macaco84

(1) The reason you only can access half of the GPU is that the older versions of the XDK can only handle 2 Shader blocks.

(2) Thats the assumption here. But there are games that are heavily CPU-bound and we will see how those play out.

And i assume the same applies to all back compat xbox 360 titles?

Colbert

Banned
And i assume the same applies to all back compat xbox 360 titles?

Yes, this applies to all BC games! But MS could update the BC layer with the new XDK which would give those BC titles full access to all resources (Overkill imo) -> would mean all BC titles would receive a patch.

Macaco84

Yes, this applies to all BC games! But MS could update the BC layer with the new XDK which would give those BC titles full access to all resources (Overkill imo) -> would mean all BC titles would receive a patch.

The days of 'perceptual' 60 fps on cod games is over! Finally can enjoy a locked experience.

This machine is going to breath new life into so many games i dumped becuase of poor performance .

Nephtes

So Destiny 2 and CoD are missing from the list...
At what point did Activision become huge prats about what their customers can expect on a platform that doesn't have a marketing deal with them?

Has this always been the case or have they just gotten a stick up their ass recently?

Theorry

So Destiny 2 and CoD are missing from the list...
At what point did Activision become huge prats about what their customers can expect on a platform that doesn't have a marketing deal with them?

Has this always been the case or have they just gotten a stick up their ass recently?

Mwah not really. BF1 info took a while also for the Pro to arrive.

Gestault

I literally have no reason to be excited for Killer Instinct on the 1X, because (a) I'm probably not buying one, and (b) I already have a PC that out-specs it by a whole bunch, but man am I happy to see KI on that list.

I wouldn't worry about D2 and CoD, just because they haven't announced them doesn't mean the devs won't be doing enhancements for the X.

Nephtes

I wouldn't worry about D2 and CoD, just because they haven't announced them doesn't mean the devs won't be doing enhancements for the X.

It's not that I'm worried about them not having some form of X1X enhancements, I'm just very disappointed in these companies who treat some of their paying customers like second class citizens in terms of information on the products their customers have already paid for (pre-orders) because their console platform of choice doesn't have a marketing deal.

Newlove

Didn't they already say it would be 30fps on Xbox One X after people were pressuring for an answer? That's about the only acknowledgement I've heard.

Top Bottom