• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Erban1

As promised, here's the proof.

Vid is a few minutes longer than I'd like, but I kept it mostly raw w/ loadtimes and some (limited) real-time commentary so folks would know I'm not exaggerating. Or cherry picking.

For me, this game is broken. It's damned near unplayable. This video actually captures every type of fucked-up spawn that occurs, because it's not just fast travel. This is just constant harassment by an all-knowing enemy that will spawn in the middle of a goddamned field, over and over. If you actually make it through the 10 mins or whatever, you'll see examples of the spawning under multiple conditions/contexts.

https://youtu.be/eeK9iaUgN00

I can confirm the behavior above. It unfortunately began to happen when Evolved and I were playing together. Strangely it's no longer occurring for me, maybe we should try to co-op again this weekend, perhaps the issue will go away if you join on me.

void666

Banned
Guys, what is the recomended difficulty to play on?
Medium feels way to easy :(

Extreme with minimap off.

Sometimes extreme frustrates me because I die too fast. But enemies are a real threat. Advanced and below you can shoot your way through every base.

Pretty funny Wildlands based video:

WILD TIME

I need to bump it up to Extreme I think. Gotten pretty good at running it on advanced, been trying no HUD, but finding things is a real pain. Not having prompts for things is OK, but I always go to the wrong side of the little containers and blindly hold the button trying to get it to open.

I really think the game looks even better without the cluttered screen real estate. The ammo/etc counter is hard to do without as well. I can live without seeing how many bullets I have.. but switching equipment/etc is a little difficult. I wish they'd add more fine customization options, like transparency or something. Or time it remains on screen. Like it pops up when you switch equipment, but only stays on screen for 3 seconds or something.

I dunno, playing around with it. I like not having unit markers, but in single player it makes the AI really super extra useless without syncshot. Combined with Extreme it gets unfun.

gossi

PSN UK (don't know about US) just put this on sale for 30% off. The Gold Edition is now almost cheaper than the base game at launch.

Mullitia

Neo Member
Hi guys. Many of you are touting about Extreme difficulty with minimap off. Are any of you playing on Extreme with markers off and minimap on? I found this to be the best compromise between difficulty/realism and fun. Or are these people implying that they play on Extreme with neither markers nor minimap?

Cheers.

(First time poster here by the way.)

Hi guys. Many of you are touting about Extreme difficulty with minimap off. Are any of you playing on Extreme with markers off and minimap on? I found this to be the best compromise between difficulty/realism and fun. Or are these people implying that they play on Extreme with neither markers nor minimap?

Cheers.

(First time poster here by the way.)

In a perfect world, the markers or mini map dots would only show up for people in visual contact. The mini map is nice for driving, but I hate how much space it takes up.

I dunno, got to play around with it to find what works best. It'll also change depending if its solo or co-op I imagine. Wish you have settings for each.

(Welcome by the way!)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The game is way too easy even with all the assists disabled.

A compass would be nice though.

And even if you turn off hud, it still makes the "spotting" sound effect. :/

Turning off hud disables sync shots though, which does at least remove that laughably broken mechanic.

Yeah I picked it up too. On Metacritic the game has 72 with 6 user score, will probably regret.

Well, there are more than 6 people in here who would rate it higher than a 72! So there's that.

It's better if you have friends to play with, but I'm having fun with it solo as well.

Edit: Also.. welcome new people to the OT! Will be nice if we get some fresh faces in here..

Ubisoft has made it so you need to sign up for the Ghost Recon Task Force based on your system (Xbox, PC, PS4).. here are the 'official' NeoGAF Task Forces!

[Xbox NeoGAF Task Force]

[Xbox NeoGAF Wildlands Club]

[PS4 GAF_USA Task Force]

[PC NeoGAF Task Force]

Mullitia

Neo Member
The game is way too easy even with all the assists disabled.

A compass would be nice though.

And even if you turn off hud, it still makes the "spotting" sound effect. :/

Turning off hud disables sync shots though, which does at least remove that laughably broken mechanic.

I can imagine that for the most hardcore gamers and "Armaholics" (if you may) this game could feel too easy. Myself being more on the casual or enthusiast level, I think the assists are necessary concessions to be made to complement the lack of awareness that is achievable through a game or at least through game audio and FOV. I am definately not against if there was a choice to turn every assist or cue off though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can imagine that for the most hardcore gamers and "Armaholics" (if you may) this game could feel too easy. Myself being more on the casual or enthusiast level, I think the assists are necessary concessions to be made to complement the lack of awareness that is achievable through a game or at least through game audio and FOV. I am definately not against if there was a choice to turn every assist or cue off though.
Sorry, my post wasn't meant to read as "get good" tbh I hate that shit. I'm just not finding the mechanics very deep. The AI is predictable and shallow.

Mullitia

Neo Member
Sorry, my post wasn't meant to read as "get good" tbh I hate that shit. I'm just not finding the mechanics very deep. The AI is predictable and shallow.

No worries, actually I did not take your response condescending at all. I guess to make this game cater for most would be to implement more options to enable/disable aural and visual cues. But that has already been discussed pretty thoroughly.

gossi

I don't think so, I think they're all using that one, but I'm not 100%.

Also... I found the goddamn black smoke monster in Inca Camina!

2spooky4me

I had to lighten the video because it gets so dark in Bolivia this time of year.

Cheers. I've joined the US taskforce. It only has 4 members lol - I guess a lot of people didn't make it over from the beta.

Palmer_v1

Cheers. I've joined the US taskforce. It only has 4 members lol - I guess a lot of people didn't make it over from the beta.

I'll join it later as well. Been playing coop mostly with my brother, but I'd be interested in seeing how it gets with 4.

eT8SO5u.gif

Whoa, Mr. Bolivian dude, WTF!

... I'll teach you!

There is a glitch right now where it only shows 9/10 Kingslayer files on Media Luna.

I lost my damn mind trying to find a nonexistent file last night.

Got the trophy though.

The Stealth Fox

I want to buy this game but I'm scared that I won't have anyone to play with in co-op and verbally communicate with over discord regularly.

Are there cool jungle missions? Can you re-play the missions with buddies even after completing them?

Kadin

I want to buy this game but I'm scared that I won't have anyone to play with in co-op and verbally communicate with over discord regularly.

Are there cool jungle missions? Can you re-play the missions with buddies even after completing them?
Yeah once you've done the story missions, they can still be done again with others who haven't done it. You will still get exp from doing them, you just won't get any of the other rewards like supplies.

I play it solo, and it's fun
This too. While it's amazing with friends especially if you can chat with one another, it's still a lot of fun on your own.

Samikaze

Guys, what is the recomended difficulty to play on?
Medium feels way to easy :(

I normally hate playing any game for the first time on anything but Normal. I always feel like that's what the developer intended.

However, personal rules aside, this IS a Ghost Recon game, and is supposed to be more of a milsim.
Therefore: Extreme or bust.

Twice....twice I have stopped a car in a mission to interrogate a dude. The second he gets out of the car BAM fucking civvies are brutal.

My favorite is when you place mines to watch your back, and then rescure someone. Only to have them blow up on your mines.

Inuteu

Guys, sorry if already asked:

I played in coop with a friend for the first time yesterday, and the two other AI bots in the squad were gone

is that normal???

it sucks

Hyun Sai

Guys, sorry if already asked:

I played in coop with a friend for the first time yesterday, and the two other AI bots in the squad were gone

is that normal???

it sucks

Yeah, no more Sync Shots for you !!!

I don't know if they'll change it later though, it was possible in Future Soldier Coop.

I've got the game coming in the mail today.

Would someone care to elaborate on the differences between difficulty settings?

Will be playing solo if that matters.

I'd start on normal for the first couple of missions, maybe even the first province so you can get a feel for things and how they work. Bump it up to advanced when you feel like you got things down, then remove the minimap. Then go to extreme.

You die relatively easily in all the modes, more so on extreme. Extreme also gets rid of some of the helper things (like warnings when someone is in the area).

I personally play advanced with no minimap and its decent. Thinking about extreme but not sure I need it to be that difficult yet. Go no HUD if you're a real glutton for pain 😅

Belker

As the level of difficulty increases, the reaction of the enemies will be more unforgiving: they will detect you faster, have better accuracy and their bullets will be far more lethal. In addition, nearby explosions like grenades or exploding vehicles will hurt you more, and your health regeneration will take much more time to restore your character. If you play at the maximum difficulty level, even a single well-placed shot could end with your Ghost,

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wil...ty-and-hud-a-challenge-adapted-to-your-tastes

Another big difference is on Extreme difficulty you dont get notified in advance on the minimap of enemies in the area with the "pink mist".

On all other difficulties the pink mist is a crutch as it definitively tells you when you have spotted all enemies in an area eliminating a lot of the tension and unexpected cool encounters you could potentially have

Freeman76

Ive been waiting for a game where I can live out my inner Jack Bauer, Mankind Divided didn't really deliver on that, is this that game where I can feel like Im in an episode of 24?

gossi

So I've only played 2 hours in total of the game, all in Co-Op, and we're already on the final mission of the game.

gossi

I have no idea. The bosses can be taken down in any order. It said the final boss was available, we selected the mission, and now we're doing it. At the rush to the location stage. I guess somebody in the Co-Op session had done all the bosses? I'm on level 7.

Top Bottom