• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baywatch doesn't understand parody...for 2 hours (Double Toasted)

v0yce

"It's one of the most childish movies where I've seen them say fuck in the most childish way"

Both Koreys give it a "Fuck You" rating.

double_toasted_korey_baywatch_gif_by_digi_matrix-dbalceb.gif

double_toasted_goodwin_baywatch_gif_by_digi_matrix-dbalcew.gif

hmm

Whole review is hilarious.

hmm

DeathyBoy

Banned
I mean.. Baywatch was never good so I don't see why anyone would expect this to be good. Dude got really worked up over this lol. I prefer Redlettermedia.

I don't get the "Baywatch was never self aware" thibg. Like maybe they weren't making direct self-aware jokes in the show, but they absolutely knew they were making an absurd TV show even by the eras standards.

LoveCake

The original series was pretty cheesy, I don't know what people expected from this movie honestly, it was never going to be up for any Oscars or deemed to be a classic, it's just a popcorn flick.

Interestingly, Mark Kermode doesn't think it's that bad!

Mark says it's "rubbish" but not as bad as it could have been.

I was expecting a huge rant from Mark, but was surprised not to get one.

Slayven

I don't get the "Baywatch was never self aware" thibg. Like maybe they weren't making direct self-aware jokes in the show, but they absolutely knew they were making an absurd TV show even by the eras standards.

I agree with that, they were just collecting a pay check. They were not Soap. Remember Son of The Beach? That was Baywatch being self aware

chekhonte

What a shocker.

On a lighter note, I didn't watch twin peaks when I was in Junior High because I thought Twin Peaks was a breast reference and it was some baywatch like tv show. Fortunately a friend of mine recorded it and I watched it a year later.

What a shocker.

On a lighter note, I didn't watch twin peaks when I was in Junior High because I thought Twin Peaks was a breast reference and it was some baywatch like tv show. Fortunately a friend of mine recorded it and I watched it a year later.

Thank you.

Gattsu25

Banned
You enjoy watching people in a studio talking about movies?

Show pictures or video instead, if you want to make me interested.

It's almost as if you are unaware at how little footage people doing launch weekend reviews are allowed to use.

They're only allowed to use footage from the trailers or specific clips that are provided just to media covering the movie.

Anything more and the review gets hit with a ContentID or Copyright strike (both take down the video but the latter can also take down the channel).

I wonder how many people in this thread actually watched the movie.

It was never meant to be a parody. Sorry, but this isn't 21 Jump Street. It didn't try to be. The movie actually is just an overdramatization of being a lifeguard. The supporting cast constantly point this out (in realistic fashion).

I thought it was one of the better movies of the year. A very good comedy that is worth anyone's time.

If you go in expecting to hate it, it'll be a selffulfilling prophecy. That's what these reviewers did. They've wasted the time of anyone who watched their video. Congrats to them. The whole movie went right over their head.

Zabka

What were the TV show episodes about anyway? I'm drawing a complete blank. It wasn't just saving people right?
There was a great episode where Geraldo is a giant nerd with a scorching hot wife that becomes obsessed with Hasselhoff so Hoff tries to teach him to be cool.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
They constantly disagree, especially Martin and Korey!

Yep, Martin and Corey are the main dudes of the show that I like to watch but the rest of them hardly agree with Corey all the time.

I don't like that Gertz dude though... He is like that kid in high school that thought he was better than everyone and always talked shit about how much better he was. His review notes and additions are always the worst and I have no idea why they added him to the crew.

Lijik

It was never meant to be a parody. Sorry, but this isn't 21 Jump Street. It didn't try to be. The movie actually is just an overdramatization of being a lifeguard. The supporting cast constantly point this out (in realistic fashion).

I thought it was one of the better movies of the year. A very good comedy that is worth anyone's time.

If you go in expecting to hate it, it'll be a selffulfilling prophecy. That's what these reviewers did. They've wasted the time of anyone who watched their video. Congrats to them. The whole movie went right over their head.
hey dwayne, whats up?

J_Viper

I can't believe someone is going to bat for Baywatch lmao

Is this the best review they've done since Assassin's Creed?
Rangz was pretty good.

Ay big Dwayne. When's the next BBQ? Mom says hi.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I.. didn't think this was a funny review at all. I don't know if its my fault.

What a shocker.

Funny enough, Twin Peaks is a restaurant here in America that's a competitor with Hooters in that all of their servers are waitresses that wear skimpy outfits showcasing their um... "Twin Peaks". My friends and I frequent the one in Buckhead (Atlanta). LOL

Top Bottom