• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Lulu23

It's a shame this game is so dead online. There were like 40 players when I logged on just now. The DLC practice is really awesome, as all the maps are free. I'm not sure they would have done that if there would have been a bigger install base though. Hopefully publishers won't read into that as "free DLC maps won't give us more sales".

Edit: I mistakenly thought the number next to the playlist was how many players are in it, but it was how many players can be in a server.

Yeah, it's really sad just how dead the community is. Recently returned back to this but most of the time, there isn't a lot of people playing and most of them are probably just playing TDM to grind out trophies it seems.

Just bought this yesterday and played the first three levels. Honestly, I'm really enjoying it and I'm surprised at the largely negative reception this game gets online. The visuals are amazing, the UI is superb and so clean and lovely, and I like that it dumps you in a playground and lets you find your own way around. The forest level was really superb, and I loved the firefight at the end while we were waiting for extraction. The combat feels great and really exciting, controls are lovely and smooth and I like the variety of tactical options you have at any one time, with adrenaline, tactical echo and the OWL's abilities. The first mission was pretty bad but I know they're trying to set up the story and so far I'm really enjoying this. I'm not really interested in playing online, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the campaign so far.

Seriously, I'm six missions in now and I think this is excellent. Controls are great, combat is fun, level design is pretty great so far and aside from storytelling and voice acting, this is ticking all the right boxes for me. Why does this game have such a poor reputation online?!

Seriously, I'm six missions in now and I think this is excellent. Controls are great, combat is fun, level design is pretty great so far and aside from storytelling and voice acting, this is ticking all the right boxes for me. Why does this game have such a poor reputation online?!

I'm with you I also really enjoyed it both the SP and the fantastic MP.

Thinking of picking this up as I never got around to playing the single player and it looks appealing despite the horribad reviews.

Have the months of reflection/patching been as kind of this as they have DriveClub?

JB1981

Thinking of picking this up as I never got around to playing the single player and it looks appealing despite the horribad reviews.

Have the months of reflection/patching been as kind of this as they have DriveClub?

The gameplay really grew on me once I get a handle on the newly introduced mechanics like adrenaline and the Owl. Personally I think it has the best gameplay in the entire series but the level design and narrative presentation leaves an awful lot to be desired.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Sorry for the bump guys. But I really want to commend Guerrelia games for supporting this game all the way to the end. I went back to the campaign and they have improved the visuals and some of the character models. I remember one of the female hostages you had to untie in one of the missions, well she used to look really flat with low res textures. She has been replaced with a high quality model with added sub surface scattering.

AI has been tweaked to be more aggressive too.

WAAAAAT!!!!????

I REALLY need to replay the campaign, even tho I already got all of its trophies

Recently started playing the MP again (^_______^)

Melchiah

Sorry for the bump guys. But I really want to commend Guerrelia games for supporting this game all the way to the end. I went back to the campaign and they have improved the visuals and some of the character models. I remember one of the female hostages you had to untie in one of the missions, well she used to look really flat with low res textures. She has been replaced with a high quality model with added sub surface scattering.

AI has been tweaked to be more aggressive too.

Damn! I need to go back to my second playthrough. Despite of its flaws I enjoyed the game, and hope there'll be more.

Top Bottom