• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Popeck

Not sure it will be possible to beat Paavi (who is that anyway?), but at least we can fight for second place.

That's me, bro! RedLynx Moto-Jam is one of my favourite tracks in the game. It's technical but can be driven pretty fast and there's always something you feel you could do a little bit better. I actually did a pretty good run on my friend's gamertag and "had to" make a better run using my own tag so that's why I ended up with a pretty good result for that track.

Here's a video I captured and uploaded on Wednesday. It's not a great run in terms of faults or time, but I had some really nice saves. The game does pick crashes more easily than HD but on the other hand you can do some pretty awesome saves using Evo.

Okay, I've got the platinum medals for all of Walk in the Park, except Ridge Racer. Any tips?

Watch the flip the top guys on the leaderboard do at the end of the track, and work out how to do it. It saves so much time that you don't even have to do it very well and you'll still get the platinum medal.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nothing kills my will to play this game more than Gigatrack.

That track murders the best part of this game: how easy it is to get right back in the action.

I've been trying to gold it today.my biggest issue is if you crash just before a checkpoint, you can easily lose 30 seconds and might as well restart. Fastest so far is 6 faults and 8:20. I figure if I can reduce by a couple of faults I should manage it.

Popeck

Watch the flip the top guys on the leaderboard do at the end of the track, and work out how to do it. It saves so much time that you don't even have to do it very well and you'll still get the platinum medal.

The first jump is also important. Don't jump to the bottom, try to land on the downhill part instead by using just a little bit brake or leaning back / forward just right on the ramp. And remember to use Scorpion, not Evo.

whitehawk

Banned
the new #1 on Roller Coaster is bullshit. He crosses the line in 55.xxx and the timer jumps to 52.875 for some reason.

whitehawk :(
Oh god your right, it just jumps from 55 seconds to 52. I messaged him calling him out that he either cheated or glitched. He replied back with "In your face" and then after "But honestly I didn't mean to"

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god your right, it just jumps from 55 seconds to 52. I messaged him calling him out that he either cheated or glitched. He replied back with "In your face" and then after "But honestly I didn't mean to"

yeah, I don't think it was a cheat or anything but it's defiantly a glitch and shouldn't count. Nobody is going to beat that score and Roller Coaster is one of those maps people are really going for.

Sectus

Any good player wanna help me beta test a track I'm about to upload? The track is completely finished, I just need to find a good score to use as platinum requirement. The track itself is a short beginner track (my record so far is 18.2s). It's a kinda gimmicky level (when I say gimmicky, I mean amusing. not gimmicky in the way there's a few billion explosions and the camera goes all over the place), but I still want the platinum requirement to be as high as possible without being literally impossible.

If anyone wanna help out, just send a message or friend request on xbox live to my gamertag: Sectus

Edit: Help no longer needed!

Sectus

My new track is up, whoo!

After beating our head against the desk trying to beat extreme stages, me and my friend got this idea for a track where everything is idyllic and happiness and there's nothing to worry about, basically a "feel good" track. So I made a track with that idea in mind. And here it is, Extremely Extreme! The easiest extreme track you'll ever play.

2012-04-29_00-29-4502j07.png

2012-04-29_00-33-345jjyz.png

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Lol Sectus. I gave you 5 stars for that cos you made me spit out my food at the first jump. I was literally laughing and had to stop.

Sectus

Whoo, glad people like it! I did spend a ridiculous amount of time scripting all of it. There's also a silly easter egg if you hesitate for too long at the start of the track.

If I ever make a serious extreme track (as if, pfft), I'd be tempted to have a mechanic where if you get too many faults, it will basically turn into what this track does. Since the game has a data source for the amount of faults, that would actually be doable.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
/off to watch Sectus' Easter Egg.

Bwahahahaaa.

Dad, do you know the piano's on my foot?

You hum it son, I'll play it.

=D

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I really wish that times in multiplayer would count for single player. I was playing Gigatrack in multi and got no faults and 7:07 for time. My sp best is 3 faults and upper 7s. Argggg. I also massively improved my Dark City time in mp. But nope, doesnt count towards sp. Any reason why it shouldnt?

The only downloadable 360 games I own are Trials HD and this.

These games are fucking awesome. Totally loving Evolution. Hope it gets really technical towards the end. I haven't unlocked the Trials Trophy one, but so far it's been pretty easy.

Wow, how is that guy getting so much airtime?

It's all about where/how you land the jump just before it. There's a small ridge that goes down and if you can catch the back wheel on it you get a ton of speed. It's really hard to hit, though.

You don't really need quite as much air as they get, you can fumble your way over and as long as you get it basically the same, you'll be quick

LevityNYC

Banned
Anyone with a plasma tv get really bad IR from the timer? My TV is almost 2 years old and the time was stuck up there even after a few hours of gaming. I ran the whitewash option for about 10 hours today and thankfully, its all gone. I was worried it was burn in.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
My new track is up, whoo!

After beating our head against the desk trying to beat extreme stages, me and my friend got this idea for a track where everything is idyllic and happiness and there's nothing to worry about, basically a "feel good" track. So I made a track with that idea in mind. And here it is, Extremely Extreme! The easiest extreme track you'll ever play.

2012-04-29_00-29-4502j07.png

2012-04-29_00-33-345jjyz.png

Yet somehow I still managed to fail the first jump.

andylsun

Phew! got to 135 medals. The hard tracks are easier than the hard tracks on Trials HD, but like Trials HD, I can't get anywhere on the Extreme tracks. Quite glad they've arranged the single player game to not require completion of extreme tracks to 'finish' the single player.

I only appeared on one of the NeoGAF Trials friends screenshots! Must do better.

I feel like I'm getting a good start then constantly screwing up the hill after checkpoint 2, and the end is obviously giving me problems. Can you slow down after the first dirt jump at the end and then bunny hop the plank? I'm never going to be able to do any of that ninja stuff at the end, anyway. I'm just going to leave it for tonight. The rest of them were pretty straightforward, too.

00.27.051 is the closest I can get. smh...

Najaf

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I just removed the four people on the NeoGAF Trials friend list who have played Evolution for less than an hour since release. This was the second wave of removing people, having last week removed those who had not purchased the game. Next weekend I will remove the four 6 people who have under two hours played, if that is still the case.

We need to make room for people who actually want to compete on the leaderboards and there are several out there waiting who are actively playing the game and are contributing here on the forum.

If you have been on holiday or tied up otherwise and simply have not been able to play, that is fine. Just post here as evidence you are actually following the GAF Trials community, and send another request to NeoGAF Trials. I'll add you back in.

Those at risk of removal for next week are:

PiratePwnsNinja 1h7min
edit: June8407 1h10min
Shurs 1h25min
daFeef 1h31min
Bryehn 1h44min
Zack Money

NeoGAF Trials account has openings. Post here first, then send a friend request to be added.

sneaky77

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I just removed the four people on the NeoGAF Trials friend list who have played Evolution for less than an hour since release. This was the second wave of removing people, having last week removed those who had not purchased the game. Next weekend I will remove the 4 people who have under two hours played, if that is still the case.

We need to make room for people who actually want to compete on the leaderboards and there are several out there waiting who are actively playing the game and are contributing here on the forum.

If you have been on holiday or tied up otherwise and simply have not been able to play, that is fine. Just post here as evidence you are actually following the GAF Trials community, and send another request to NeoGAF Trials. I'll add you back in.

PiratePwnsNinja 1h7min
Shurs 1h25min
daFeef 1h31min
Bryehn 1h44min

NeoGAF Trials account has openings. Post here first, then send a friend request to be added.

Where do I send the friend request, I am not great but I would love to be in

edit: invite sent

Ill join in. I am playing almost everyday. Considering I am struggling on gigatrack I cant imagine I will post any good results but I would love to be able to compare myself with the leaderboards.

Oreoleo

If you have been on holiday or tied up otherwise and simply have not been able to play, that is fine.

I'M HOME. AFTER A LONG LONG WEEK OF GLORIOUS MYRTLE BEACH I AM NOW READY TO MURDER EVERYONE'S TIMES
except for Najaf and whitehawk, screw you guise :3

daw840

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I just removed the four people on the NeoGAF Trials friend list who have played Evolution for less than an hour since release. This was the second wave of removing people, having last week removed those who had not purchased the game. Next weekend I will remove the 4 people who have under two hours played, if that is still the case.

PiratePwnsNinja 1h7min
Shurs 1h25min
daFeef 1h31min
Bryehn 1h44min

My GT is DarkQberto, I will be sending a FR shortly. Please add me!

edit: 9 hours of playtime so far....hopefully that makes the cut, lol

Trials HD was really frustrating to me, but this game was a blast. My goal from the start was to unlock the squirrel avatar award, but I didn't think I'd ever get the 135 coins needed to unlock, but I did it. Worth it since my daughter loves it. Great game, and the same-screen multiplayer is something my wife, young daughter and I can all play together and laugh like crazy. Probably my favorite game of the year so far.

Najaf

I am having to go through with the NeoGAF Trials account and unlock the extreme tracks so we can see them for leaderboard purposes. I'm trying not to kill anyones times and get the minimum, but I need 135 medals somehow. Sorry if it bumps you down a notch. I would have liked to avoid that account having a score at all.

Apdiddy

I spent quite a bit of time with this game and I'm not really sure I like it at all. I got gold medals on all the Beginner/Easy tracks and some on Terminal Velocity tracks. My problems with the game have nothing to do with the controls or the difficulty: I'm just hating how the bike is handling and the bike behaves when hitting objects. The bike seems to just love getting stuck or going to a dead stop after hitting an object -- not a crash, just no momentum or anything.

Part of my frustration at first was me playing the game wrong: I was treating it the way I would in real life. I watched the replays from the people near the top of the leaderboards and noticed that they would hold down the gas nearly the entire time. I started to do better after using that (although that's kind of 'well, duh' from Trials HD vets).

I'm not saying anyone's love for this game is unfounded or am I putting them down: I just don't see what so great about Trials Evolution. I'm not frustrated or 'rage quitting,' I just feel like something's missing. At first I thought maybe something like a 'no crash/no fail mode' would help my enjoyment, but then I realized that this just isn't the game for me.

Oreoleo

I am having to go through with the NeoGAF Trials account and unlock the extreme tracks so we can see them for leaderboard purposes. I'm trying not to kill anyones times and get the minimum, but I need 135 medals somehow. Sorry if it bumps you down a notch. I would have liked to avoid that account having a score at all.

Meta game: Get as close to the "par" Gold time on every course as you can!

Edit: *After playing for an hour* ^^^^ So much for that huh? Damn dude now the Neogaf Trials tag is in the top 2 or 3 people of my leaderboard on the easy/medium tracks.

MMaRsu

Banned
Meta game: Get as close to the "par" Gold time on every course as you can!

Edit: *After playing for an hour* ^^^^ So much for that huh? Damn dude now the Neogaf Trials tag is in the top 2 or 3 people of my leaderboard on the easy/medium tracks.

Haha damn thats no good..oh well:)

Najaf

Yeah, some of the easy/beginner tracks I accidentally got some fast times on. I then began intentionally crashing on most mediums so I could see the gold cut off time, then would re-race and wait at the finish line for a while. I unlocked extreme though, so those scores should not move again.

On a personal note, platinum through medium done. On to hard.

Oreoleo

That moment when you spend two hours beating all your friends times on Suspense.

And then after you do you back out to the main menu to see Najaf finally accepted your friend request and his time is still .5 seconds better than yours ;_;

And he used the baby bike to do it ;_; ;_;

Railer

Sent a friend request to Trials GAF the other day. The topic didn't say i had to post here first, so i do now :)

GT: Toblekai

Edit: Noticed i was added anyway, thanks Najaf!

You need 135 medals on 70~ tracks/tournaments/games, so you're safe to set silver times on everything.

Crumpet

Neo Member
any chance of an invite to the GAF trials leaderboards. hopefully I can give some of you guys a run for your money.

GT: Wallacedp

Top Bottom