• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New bad guy found - Bloodborne

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Apologises if this is already known.

My 1st thread, unsure if external links are allowed:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/11/bloodborne-enemywent-undiscovered-until-2017/

Pic for OP:

iee0JxJ.gif

Thank you :)

Drake

Pretty cool. But I'm confused how they found this? Is this just a really rare spawn, or is there an endless dungeon mode in Bloodborne and this enemy was on a very deep level?

I really need to get a PS4.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Pretty cool. But I'm confused how they found this? Is this just a really rare spawn, or is there an endless dungeon mode in Bloodborne and this enemy was on a very deep level?

If you haven't played Bloodborne yet, let me tell you. I'd buy a PS4 just for Bloodborne its that good, and the only other souls game I've played is Demon Souls for 1hr, because it beat my ass down time and time again.

xviper

are you sure you played Bloodborne enough ?? i played the shit out of Bloodborne, i played lots and lots of dungeons and i have met this guy multiple times

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
are you sure you played Bloodborne enough ?? i played the shit out of Bloodborne, i played lots and lots of dungeons and i have met this guy multiple times

I've completed the main story 3 times.
Just started dungeons on my quest for the last boss for my last achievement. Queen of Yarnham.

Drake

If you haven't played Bloodborne yet, let me tell you. I'd buy a PS4 just for Bloodborne its that good, and the only other souls game I've played is Demon Souls for 1hr, because it beat my ass down time and time again.

Yeah I'm a big Souls fan and I've beaten all the other games. I'm also a HUGE Lovecraft fan, so I know I would love Bloodborne. Maybe next year I'll look into getting a PS4. I know they are super cheap right now. You can get one for 200 bucks off Amazon.

laxu

Bloodborne has a thing called Chalice dungeons. They work by going to a tombstone in the hub level and creating a dungeon of a certain type using ritual materials. Different types of dungeons require different materials that you collect from the dungeons themselves. Extra ritual materials can be used to make them even harder, for example there are dungeons where you have half health. There are both a series of preset dungeons that go up to 5 levels deep as well as random generated ones. Chalice dungeons contain unique bosses and enemies not found in the main game as well as rematches against main game bosses, sometimes in more cramped spaces.

Basically what players have found is a random generated dungeon where this rare enemy can be found. Each dungeon has a glyph code so others can play the same dungeon by inputting that, there are lists of dungeons for farming different items for example.

The dungeons themselves are a load of crap and IMO pretty boring to play thru. The amount of set pieces is quite low so you end up seeing similar areas quite often and even the preset ones are not that well designed. The unique bosses and loot are the only saving grace of these so if you are a fan of the game they are worth playing thru once at least.

PS. A PS4 Pro is recommended for this game because its boost mode really helps make the somewhat iffy framerate more stable. What I would give for a PC version...

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
It's a world I would love to explore in VR. Not necessarily play as the power to run that on the PS4 simply isn't there, but just walking around and maybe look at the creatures/bosses even if they were static in their corresponding environments.

One can dream.....

LordOfChaos

Candle molten guy? They really mean "undiscovered by us". I wasn't even that serious about the chalice dungeons and found him.

Anyways world, yes, play Bloodborne, worth a PS4.

xviper

right now is a pretty good time to get a PS4, lots of great exclusives

2018 is also packed with exclusives like God of war 4, Detroit, Spooderman, Shadow of the colossus remake, Yakuza 6, Days gone and more

and 2019 will be fire with The last of us 2, Death stranding and Ghost of tsuchiama

PS4 is killing the competition, don't wait too long before it gets crowded and you won't have time to play all the amazing games, get the PS4 NOW

Chexr

There are several enemies that use a model similar to this monster but they use different attacks.

FarosVillein

Neo Member

The situation is well documented by the community, you've meet the Undead Giant and the Undead Giant with Cannon, we all have, but the Undead Giant with the flaming sword was thought to have been removed from the game until now, since he was only seen in a PSX gameplay demo.

xviper

guys look, i found a NEW enemy in FFXV that NO ONE has seen before because I haven't seen him UNTIL NOW

maxresdefault.jpg

he's called Zu, and he's New

wow, it's amazing how much hidden stuff are still being discovered in FFXV

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
guys look, i found a NEW enemy in FFXV that NO ONE has seen before because I haven't seen him UNTIL NOW

he's called Zu, and he's New

wow, it's amazing how much hidden stuff are still being discovered in FFXV

I laughed so hard I nearly spat my teeth out..............urgh.

Saw this guy once when i was getting the platinum trophy. Have to say i wrecked him without knowing he was hard to find lmao

AdamxAtnthony

Neo Member
I think some people are missing the point of why this particular enemy is unique. Finding one with a flaming sword is the unique part of this enemy. The enemy model is easy to find and is in a lot of dungeons. This type is not. He is more difficult because he sets the oil (?) on fire when he swings the weapon. He may look like an enemy everyone has seen but this variant is unique.

Also, the guys who found this have a group where their sole purpose is to find unique enemies/level variants/etc. in the randomized versions of the chalice dungeons. The group is called the Tomb Prospectors. They have found a lot of fun things, including unique wandering bosses, unique enemies (outside of this guy), and unique dungeon formations.

On another note, I find the chalice dungeons very fun at the higher levels. They end up being truly challenging and perhaps the most challenging content in all of the souls series. Unfortunately, when people do the first few - they get bored because you are overpowered for the dungeons you enter and most will never see the ones that are actually exciting and difficult. I enjoy the gameplay of Bloodborne enough to occasionally go back and do a few new variants of the dungeons.

Top Bottom