• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New games at MS Gamer's Day: Banjo 3 and Vina Pinata 2 pics leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3wThr33

Banned
godhandiscen said:
Its not like suddenly Banjo has an evil side, and goes all emo like Jak did in that horrible sequel. Why expect the worst?
I actually love Jak 2 and Jak 3. But my concern is if it will work and feel like a natural evolution for the character.

Stumpokapow said:
monetizing new pinatas for the tv show / merchandise?
potentially for xwaggle peripheral?
JFG didn't do all that well to begin with and has no remaining brand equity outside of the tiny niche of message board gamers?
I bet it would have done a bit better than VP's initial sales as JFG is a game suited more to the 360's userbase demographic. Seriously. A Space Shooter Action Platformer with much varied potential in its execution = gold mine in this generation of...well...space shooters of course...

traveler

Not Wario
:O at VP2. Most anticipated 360 exclusive game by far. Looks absolutely amazing.

Banjo 3, visually, doesn't disappoint either and the fact that I loved the first 2 sure doesn't hurt it. The vehicular focus has me a tad worried though. Hopefully, they'll elaborate more Tuesday.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
M3wThr33 said:
I actually love Jak 2 and Jak 3. But my concern is if it will work and feel like a natural evolution for the character.
I dont think Rare could screw Banjo as badly as Jak got screwed in Jak 2. Right now is impossible to tell Banjo's new personality from the screens.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
CrapSandwich said:
The vehicles could be there for purpose of waggle mechanics.
The waggle is definitely VP2 IMO, press says "focused and more accessible" VP.... + obvious use of IR tracking = waggle.

I'd bet on it if the waggle IS real.

godhandiscen said:
I dont think Rare could screw Banjo as badly as Jak got screwed in Jak 2. Right now is impossible to tell Banjo's new personality from the screens.
I know I didn't play much of the original Perfect Dark but they seemed to fuck that up pretty well with Zero.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Revelations said:
I bet it would have done a bit better than VP's initial sales as JFG is a game suited more to the 360's userbase demographic. Seriously. A Space Shooter Action Platformer with much varied potential in its execution = gold mine in this generation of...well...space shooters of course...

See, that is what they said about Nights, and we all know what happened there. No matter how much we want old properties to come back, they just aren't going to sell as well as we pretend

chubigans said:
Ah yes. Those days. Those were the days.

Those were good days, weren't they? I remember them well. :) Though I must give chubi some love. Were it not for him, I never would have found GAF. So <3 to him for that.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oooh! I want to "Meet Trophy Thomas"!!

Me too! :D

Tuesday should be a fucking awesome day! Can't wait!

harSon

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:
:lol @ chubigans blog.

Considering Resistance is using new state of the art hardware that will take some time for devs to learn the mysterious secrets of the PS3 and harness the immense power that Sony has had to close off in fear of that power blinding the eyes of may consumers, vs. the 360 that uses the same architecture as a PC that’s been out for a year (in PC terms, that means its obsolete), it wouldn’t be fair to compare Gears and Resistance. So let’s move on

:lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's obviously a joke. Anyone who can read can see it's a joke. Which makes me wonder about some of YOU.

He has major categories comparing glass, snow, size on disk, and mentions that he will be comparing Motorstorm and Forza 2 and LAIR vs. Joust.

Y2Kev said:
It's obviously a joke. Anyone who can read can see it's a joke. Which makes me wonder about some of YOU.

He has major categories comparing glass, snow, size on disk, and mentions that he will be comparing Motorstorm and Forza 2 and LAIR vs. Joust.

its funny the things i mentoned earlier in this thread is reoccurring again. How can anybody not see the obvious sarcasm of that comparison? I guess people are so quick to label someone they'll read what they want to read.

nib95

Banned
Graphically, looks very detailed. Loving the art style, which seems a kind of fabric like Viva Pinata paint world take. I did expect slightly better though. Anyone know if this is running at 60fps?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
nib95 said:
Graphically, looks very detailed. Loving the art style, which seems a kind of fabric like Viva Pinata paint world take. I did expect slightly better though. Anyone know if this is running at 60fps?

No videos have been leaked, so no, we don't know yet.

I'm loving these screens. So happy right now. This plus PS3 info puts me into a gaming bliss for awhile now. One of my last hopes for Banjo-Threeie is that they produce some awesome music for it. I loved the N64's music so I hope it makes a return. :D

Ehhh, i'm a little iffy on Banjo. The visuals look pretty nice but i am worried about the direction of the game with all the vehicles. I mean, it's nice that the series is taking a new direction as opposed to being a rehash, but im concerned this isn't the best way to go about things. Of course i could be wrong and Rare totally deliver, but their recent form doesn't make me overly confident (exception being VP).

Banjo looks awesome in screenshots at least, but I need video evidence that it also runs great. Bad animation with great graphics fails so hard, same with bad frame rate and all that. Still, I have my trust in Rare.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
_Alkaline_ said:
Ehhh, i'm a little iffy on Banjo. The visuals look pretty nice but i am worried about the direction of the game with all the vehicles. I mean, it's nice that the series is taking a new direction as opposed to being a rehash, but im concerned this isn't the best way to go about things. Of course i could be wrong and Rare totally deliver, but their recent form doesn't make me overly confident (exception being VP).
Same here, it looks amazing but I'm a bit worried about the direction. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

_Alkaline_ said:
I agree.

h3ro

I just hope that Rare doesn't try to do too much. That was one of my complaints from Ratchet & Clank. Its great that devs are mixing up the types of gameplay styles, adding different features such as the flying/space missions and sixaxis balance minigames in R&C, but it shouldn't take away from the platforming gameplay. Adding flying/karting stuff is grand, but it shouldn't be forced into the game just for the sakes of adding bullet points to the back of the boxart... All the extra stuff is gravy...

Also, we don't know what stage those shots were taken at, the game might have had another layer of polish put on or changed some of the styling of the characters. Looks good so far, I'm cautiously optimistic... :D

Woah at those Vehicle designs! They are horrible, and anyone else getting the feeling this is going to be like Jak 2? Seem free roamy to me.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wow, what happened while I was gone? o__o

Some of you guys are just plain nuts. The Resistance vs Gears thing was a joke, by the way.

Esperado

Honestly, we've all been in that stage where we read something that we think is so ludicrous (or so we think at the time) that we feel that we have to respond, and many times, it's in irrational ways. If it's done, it's done and the only thing you can do after that point is walk away and try to understand why you felt that way. The best of us can only hold back the temptation of returning fire with fire and try to understand the feelings behind that temptation.

RBH

banjo368542.jpg

Probably my favorite screen so far.

grandjedi6 said:
See, that is what they said about Nights, and we all know what happened there. No matter how much we want old properties to come back, they just aren't going to sell as well as we pretend
Thats subjective. There are plenty of variables to put in motion. How likable was the series. Was it awesome. Did it have wide appeal. The platform the game is for. All of that comes into the success of a revamped franchise.

traveler

Not Wario
chubigans said:
Wow, what happened while I was gone? o__o

Some of you guys are just plain nuts. The Resistance vs Gears thing was a joke, by the way.

Why do you still have your tag? Haven't you been proven right now?

FIREBABY

The textures are amazing. VP2 is just sex on screen. I really just hope they fixed the constant loading that the first one had. It really took me out of the experience. One thing is for sure Sony and MS have one helluva year ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom