• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New games at MS Gamer's Day: Banjo 3 and Vina Pinata 2 pics leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
gketter said:
[IM]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/xblah/other/i_467431-1.jpg[/IMG]

I'll admit i never played any of the banjo games and i'm a little confused by the world. Do they go to crazy worlds/environments? Graphically it looks really good but what is up with the ground? That can't be grass right? Is he in a plastic world and that's why the trees & clouds are wierd and the ground looks so flat?

Banjo experts help me out here.
Clearly this world is very synthetic. Find the pic with the tightrope to see a natural environment.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
M3wThr33 said:
So BK3 is Microsoft's Jak 2?

Fine, whatever, but Banjo's design is still the worst character I've ever seen.

It's like they purposely designed everything else nice to point out how ugly he is. Is the point of the game to make him look good? Is that the story?

lol where have you been? rare has never been known for great character design

Also funny how Jak 2 is an apt comparison so far. Vehicles, far more open world to platformer...please no guns

Emiru

Banned
duckroll said:
OMG NINJA BLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLZ BE FROM SOFTWARE!!!!!!!
R U srsly hyping a from software game? I admit Otogi was good, but I doubt they could make another good game.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
M3wThr33 said:
So BK3 is Microsoft's Jak 2?

Fine, whatever, but Banjo's design is still the worst character I've ever seen.

It's like they purposely designed everything else nice to point out how ugly he is. Is the point of the game to make him look good? Is that the story?
WTF? Since when Jak 2 is something MS has felt obligated to counter? Stop making comparisons. Banjo is Banjo and that is all.

dirtmonkey37 said:
BK shots look gorgeous but there are two problems I have with them:

1) there are a lot of repeating textures

2) the environments are really, really big -- almost too big -- making them seem unpopulated and sparse. (almost like, dare I say it, "Too Human syndrome")

Outside of those, both games look amazing, and if Microsoft is releasing both of them this year, 2008 will be an epic year in gaming. Gears 2, Fable 2, Viva 2, Banjo, Ninja Gaiden, Alan Wake, Too Human -- damn, this year is going to be amazing on 360. And then when you throw in PS3 software, things get even better.
Alan Wake doesn't look like 2008 title at all.

gketter said:
Graphically it looks really good but what is up with the ground? That can't be grass right? Is he in a plastic world and that's why the trees & clouds are wierd and the ground looks so flat?

Banjo experts help me out here.
Looks like stylized cloth-patch grass to me.

Salazar

harSon said:
Weren't you the one who assured me that the game was canceled? It was you or Bebpo...

Was there not something called Ninja Gold (or similar), involving Spector (Warren, not Phil) ?

i didnt see this one posted

vivapin22_news.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
godhandiscen said:
WTF? Since when Jak 2 is something MS has felt obligated to counter? Stop making comparisons. Banjo is Banjo and that is all.

He's not saying its a counter at all

Deepblue

Banned
I'm guessing the "Truman Show" area is basically a Banjo map maker, hence the lower-res textures and multiple configurations seen in screens.

MonkeyLicker

Art does not make 60FPS @ 1080i with real world physics on the PSf*ckin2.
In just a few short days MS first party studios have taken the graphics crown. The level of detail has absolutely skyrocketed in just a short time. I knew Rare would deliver something special, but it's still not possible to be fully prepared.

Incredible job, guys.
worshippy.gif

MightyHedgehog said:
Looks like stylized cloth-patch grass to me.

yea it was wierd and throwing me off. I first saw it and was like wow looking good..and then i saw the ground and thought "gee that's like some high rez PS1 textures...that can't be right"

The one where he's on the tree trunk shows some more natural environments, so i've cleared up my confusion.

Banjo 3 looks fantastic! Looks fun as hell and the colors man! The colors! :D I can't help but imagine how awesome SMG if it were a proper next gen game :(

VP2 on the other hand... ugh! :X

icecream

Public Health Threat
Emiru said:
R U srsly hyping a from software game? I admit Otogi was good, but I doubt they could make another good game.
You don't play many From Software games, do you. They're usually niche favorites.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Emiru said:

Chromehounds. Best multiplayer game ever for those who bothered to play it with friends in a clan and could live with the connection issues and mind-bogglingly crappy menu's.

duckroll

harSon said:
Never mind :) I think I'm confusing this with Game Republic's supposed 360 game.

Yeah, that was totally shitcanned. This is the recent From Software modern day ninja game with a score by Norihiko Hibino.

I've always wanted a game where I can slit throats to "Yell Dead Cell!"
Hopefully From delivers..which I imagine it will with the game being headed by the dude from the Otogi games(how this gen has gone so long without Otogi 3 really makes me wonder)

godhandiscen

duckroll said:
Yeah, that was totally shitcanned. This is the recent From Software modern day ninja game with a score by Norihiko Hibino.
Wait, so the Matrix/Ninja style game isnt bull after all? Supposedly there is a rumor about Ninja Blade being the star of the show. Can this game be that good?

Been away all weekend and of course Banjo screens were leaked while I wasn't looking!

The game sure *looks* good. Doesn't look any more impressive than Kameo or Pinata, though. The art style is nice and pleasing, but the big question is: How does it play?

The worlds looks very huge and bland for standard platforming. And racing? Okay...

I'll reserve final judgement until I see a gameplay video. Sadly I'm still not entirely convinced yet.

Oh man, Banjo just look gorgeous! I really hope it's going to be a platformer like the old ones, I loved them so much. How insane that a game I adored on an N64 gets a sequel on the 360? Crazy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AtomicShroom said:
Been away all weekend and of course Banjo screens were leaked while I wasn't looking!

The game sure *looks* good. Doesn't look any more impressive than Kameo or Pinata, though. The art style is nice and pleasing, but the big question is: How does it play?

The worlds looks very huge and bland for standard platforming. And racing? Okay...

I'll reserve final judgement until I see a gameplay video. Sadly I'm still not entirely convinced yet.

Same here. I maintain my skepticism

M3wThr33

Banned
godhandiscen said:
I'm not saying it was deliberate or a void they wanted to fill, but the evolution CERTAINLY is the same vein.

Redesigned character, vehicle-heavy, graphical overhaul. All that's missing is a bit of attitude and guns, and as far as we know, that could easily be in there in some sort of fantasy context.

I'm not all that interested in VP, but I must admit that right now it's actually looking better out of the two. That nighttime pic is just plain sexy.

Kydd BlaZe

:O

Rare is fucking back bitches! Both titles are looking quite stellar, however i am a bit worried about Banjo, though. I wonder what the gameplay will be like. Other than that...shit looks HAWT! Viva Pinata 2 is also looking insane. I'm interested in hearing about the new features (online co-op, garden visiting, sharing, etc?...one can hope).

duckroll

godhandiscen said:
Wait, so the Matrix/Ninja style game isnt bull after all? Supposedly there is a rumor about Ninja Blade being the star of the show. Can this game be that good?

I don't think composers generally lie in official interviews about what they're working on.

burgerdog

I'm still going through this thread, BUT HOLY SHIT. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high, that has all changed after seeing these pictures. Ohhhhhhh my god, BK is one of my favorite games ever. Yay, can't wait for videos.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
clashfan said:
Who is this mysterious RLAN?

Rlan is one of the landed gentry for NEO GAf's Xbox Live Arcade division, he current runs a site called www.xblah.net.

Speaking of the XBLA, it appears that nothing on that side of things has been leaked yet.

godhandiscen

M3wThr33 said:
I'm not saying it was deliberate or a void they wanted to fill, but the evolution CERTAINLY is the same vein.

Redesigned character, vehicle-heavy, graphical overhaul. All that's missing is a bit of attitude and guns, and as far as we know, that could easily be in there in some sort of fantasy context.
Its not like suddenly Banjo has an evil side, and goes all emo like Jak did in that horrible sequel. Why expect the worst?

I still have hopesl for JFG or something else than a new. Seriously how the hell did another VP get a green light over something more wanted.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Revelations said:
I still call for JFG than a new VP game. Seriously how the hell did that get a green light over something more wanted.

monetizing new pinatas for the tv show / merchandise?
potentially for xwaggle peripheral?
JFG didn't do all that well to begin with and has no remaining brand equity outside of the tiny niche of message board gamers?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Revelations said:
I still have hopesl for JFG or something else than a new. Seriously how the hell did another VP get a green light over something more wanted.

I can't that would be the problem, no?

bridegur

Revelations said:

People dying for a new JFG should probably give up at this point. The closest you're going to get is the R&C series (which actually takes the JFG formula and makes it work).

shuri said:
This is already doomed to a horrible retail death, like just about every platformer on the 360. I'm not sure who the hell approved this, and who the hell thought there was enough demand for those games. Poor RARE employees :(

It looks nice and all, but there's NO public for this on the 360.
umm did you read the last past or do I need to quote the last 18/20 replies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom