• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loofah vs. Wash Cloth: How do you shower?

Smokey

Unless you work on a farm you don't need to use soap.

O stank ass
scusthov.gif

Have you ever tried different scented soaps? I personally love the way Dove For Men's Aqua Impact and Clean Comfort smell.

My other half will not let me wash with anything but Dove Clean Comfort. Even have the matching Deodorant. She loves the stuff lol.

The Lamp

Literally never had a single problem...

not even remotely.

My asshole is a man.

Great to hear. That doesn't make what I said untrue. And I have had irritation there from when I started working out. My dermatologist told me people shouldn't wash those sensitive areas with regular soap. It can dry and cause irritation and make it more prone to infection with the sweat, heat, and bacteria there. So I use cetaphil, as recommended by dermatologists for the face and private areas.

jwk94

My other half will not let me wash with anything but Dove Clean Comfort. Even have the matching Deodorant. She loves the stuff lol.

Your other half has good taste! I regularly swap between Clean and Comfort and Aqua Impact (mostly because I can never remember which one I'm out of and they look the same). They're the best soap I've ever used. Coming back to the shower and smelling that scent is a weird treat lol.

Biske

Great to hear. That doesn't make what I said untrue. And I have had irritation there from when I started working out. My dermatologist told me people shouldn't wash those sensitive areas with regular soap. It can dry and cause irritation and make it more prone to infection with the sweat, heat, and bacteria there. So I use cetaphil, as recommended by dermatologists for the face and private areas.

I don't doubt that, you gotta protect yourself.

This being an ass washing thread on neogaf, I'm slightly more inclined for comedy.

LQX

A warm to medium hot rinse is all you need to kill the germs and get the grime off. No soap needed and a wash cloth might retain the germs.

Loofah the body, rag for the face, hands for the crack. In that order.

If you wash your asshole with wash cloth do you just change it every time?

I like to feel around down there to make sure I get every nook and cranny.

Neither. Happy to see I am not the only one. I am still not sure whey people need those when they have perfectly good hands to use with Liquid soap.

The correct answer is bar soap with a wash cloth that gets used once before being laundered with bleach added.

Filthy using your hands to clean your butt and crotch.

Shauni

Wash Cloths and Loofahs? Some of you for real? Pretty sure the Victorian era is over, we don't have to have a bunch of fancy nonsense that is just there for 'proper' looks anymore. You use soap and water, maybe some special soap for your ass if you get irritated, and you move on.

SelfCon

Still fucks me up when I hear people say that they only use soap/hands. That ain't cleaning yo self, bruh. #teamwashcloth

Sami+

I was a loofah man my whole life but my mom gave me these exfoliating gloves a few years back that are basically loofahs you wear and they're fucking rad. Super convenient and easy, I like those better now.

Otherwise though yeah loofahs.

Wash cloth, usually with body wash. Gets you cleaner. They're only unsanitary if you reuse them. You're supposed to wash them after each use.

Top Bottom