• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the tallest building you've been in?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Post some high ass views

is5POC0.jpg

CN Tower. Was the tallest building in the world until the Burj Khalifa was finished. Think it's dropped down to like 6th or 7th now though. Lots of tall-ass buildings going up in the last decade.

International Commerce Centre in Hong Kong, soon I hope to go to the Ping An Finance centre in Shenzhen. I've been up many towers that were top ten, but they keep building more taller ones. The one that meant the most to me from my childhood was the Empire State Building as it was the tallest in the world (according to the out of date books I read as a child). I even go to go to the spire viewing platform and read all the graffiti from the 70's scratched into the metal window frames.

Any high building I rented an apartment I always choose the top floor, the views are always interesting and in a way does not feel like real life, more like real sci-fi life.

Tudor

The Burj Khalifa would be the tallest, it was still under construction at the time and my father was working as the procurement manager for a restaurant installation and took me for a tour while I was visiting.

Second tallest would be the Tokyo Skytree, good to see so many gaffers visiting an amazing country and experiencing an amazing culture! I transferred there during high school and fell in love with the place (and developed a rather nasty anime habit), I really need to go back to Japan...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I rode all of the rides on the top of Stratosphere.
If we're talking traditional high-rises then the tallest was the Manchester Grand Hyatt in downtown San Diego, which is only 500 feet. I at least went on a balcony at the top, though.

Tevious

Sears Tower is the tallest building I came in close proximity to, but I didn't actually go in the building. We may have drove through a highway tunnel underneath it, if I remember correctly. For buildings I actually went up to the top to see, that's probably Kyoto Tower.

World tallest - Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

One of the pictures I took that I could quickly find
pSn553k.jpg

The elevator ride to the top was almost as impressive as the view. Maybe 5 seconds to get to the viewing floor? Whatever it was, it was wicked quick.

Qasiel

Tokyo Tower, it would seem. I visited just before Skytree opened and when I was visiting New York I missed the opportunity to do the Empire State Building tourist thing.

DiscoJer

Sears tower, or whatever it's called today.

It's funny people always talk about the highest buildings, but never the widest.

Burj Khalifa. Spoiler alert: the observation deck isn't even at the top of the building which seems... Odd.

Highest up I've been is the CN tower's skydeck. Damn that's high lol

International Commerce Centre

The International Commerce Centre (Chinese: 環球貿易廣場) (abbreviated ICC) is a 108-storey (see below), 484 m (1,588 ft) commercial skyscraper completed in 2010 in West Kowloon, Hong Kong. It is a part of the Union Square project on top of Kowloon Station. It was the 4th tallest building in the world (third in Asia) when its construction was completed in 2010. Now, it is the world's 10th tallest building by height, world's fifth tallest building by number of floors, as well as the tallest building in Hong Kong.

I got there when it opened at 10am, was only 2 people up top.. was nice to walk around nearly alone. Pain in the ass to get too if not going directly by Train, Endless tunnels and overpasses because its surrounded by freeways.

One of my photos

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The Empire State.

Besides that one, I haven't really been in absurdly high buildings though.

Nightfall

Empire State Building

And since I'm afraid of heights I wasn't sure how I would handle it.
But since there's such a high guardrail I didn't have any problem with it at all.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Skytree. Also been to Rockerfeller and the Tokyo Metro Government Building (minimal lines and it was free).

Syriel

Mine is Sears Tower. Is it not called that anymore?

Some company bought the naming rights.

Everyone ignores it and still calls it the Sears Tower.

If you call it something else, you are just asking to get laughed at.

BTW, the view is great on a clear day, but it's also impressive on a rainy day because the top of the tower is usually above the clouds.

So it can be pouring at ground level, while it's sunny and clear at the observation deck level.

Top Bottom