• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

Filben

After seeing all those setups... sometimes I hate my student life with no budget for furniture or any flat related... or anything but food and the little rest for my gaming hobby.

Really, great setups! I share my humble one tomorrow when there's better and natural lighting.

TFGB

Yet again, I can't multiquote, but thank you for all the nice comps guys!

It's amazing what a wide angle lens can do lol. If you saw it in the flesh you'd be like..what?

XD

Thanks for making a newcomer to the site feel welcome, and I sincerely mean that. Xx

MisterP

Banned
I thought Tabris used to knock around here?

Hmmm anyways Tabris if you're reading, I assume you're still into your setups maybe? A blast from the past from the old Gamespot days! Would be nice to say hello after all these years!

Anyways...lovely setups guys n' gals! Might as well add mine into the equation. :)

It's been like this for just over 10 years, with a few additions here and there. I sort of fell out of love with Home Cinema a good few years ago, but this year I'm thinking of upgrading most of my kit (bar my Kef Refs/JL Audio Subs) and having a major redeco in the gaf.

Regardless, hope it's up to Neo's standards!

The main room: (pic taken a while back)

24991_full.jpg

20th Anni PS4/ Launch Fatboy 60GB/7.2 Kef Reference/JL Audio/Denon/Rotel/Kuro

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

Rear Kefs in kitchen area:

26885_full.jpg

Bedroom PS4/PS3/VR setup:

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

The small office setup when I'm supposed to be working... (semi-retired now so might not be getting as much use as it did. :/ )

FQlZNXn.jpg

So ummm...yea, maybe expect a few updates and cheers for looking!

All my pics can be seen on my gallery over on BluRay.com here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=THE_FORCE

dawsoncrying.gif

Kyrios

Yet again, I can't multiquote, but thank you for all the nice comps guys!

It's amazing what a wide angle lens can do lol. If you saw it in the flesh you'd be like..what?

XD

Thanks for making a newcomer to the site feel welcome, and I sincerely mean that. Xx

Well deserved! I do have a question though, what camera did you use to take the pics? Sorry if I missed any of that in your original post.

TFGB

@Kyrios thank you.

I used my D800E. Most were taken with my 16-35VR, though otherwise the pics were taken with my 28-300VR, 105mmVr or 50mm.

Thanks for the compliments!

Robiin

What are my options if I want to buy something that holds a light behind the TV, with VERY limited space? I can't attach something to the wall behind, nor do I have space to have something on a stand behind the monitor. I am getting headaches sometimes so I think I might need something.

Vipu

Banned
What are my options if I want to buy something that holds a light behind the TV, with VERY limited space? I can't attach something to the wall behind, nor do I have space to have something on a stand behind the monitor. I am getting headaches sometimes so I think I might need something.

Led strip i guess, it should fit anywhere at least.

J-P

Neo Member
The real question is if the Mclaren in the Avatar pic is yours. Which i assume it is. Post some pics of that too

Rival

Gold Member

Hmmm anyways Tabris if you're reading, I assume you're still into your setups maybe? A blast from the past from the old Gamespot days! Would be nice to say hello after all these years!

Anyways...lovely setups guys n' gals! Might as well add mine into the equation. :)

It's been like this for just over 10 years, with a few additions here and there. I sort of fell out of love with Home Cinema a good few years ago, but this year I'm thinking of upgrading most of my kit (bar my Kef Refs/JL Audio Subs) and having a major redeco in the gaf.

24991_full.jpg

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

26885_full.jpg

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

The small office setup when I'm supposed to be working... (semi-retired now so might not be getting as much use as it did. :/ )

FQlZNXn.jpg

The only part of your setup I'd change is the orange furniture. But seriously it's stunning. Best I think I've ever seen and if you need a friend I volunteer.

24991_full.jpg

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

26885_full.jpg

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

FQlZNXn.jpg

Awesome setup. If I may ask, are you a bachelor? My house could or would never look like that with my wife.

Brandson

24991_full.jpg

Is this a basement or below-grade first floor? I am having trouble visualizing where this room is in your home, with the covered window behind the tv, skylight, and no windows on the sides.

Filth

Is this a basement or below-grade first floor? I am having trouble visualizing where this room is in your home, with the covered window behind the tv, skylight, and no windows on the sides.

I was thinking the same. And then my head exploded with the bedroom windows.

TFGB

Cheers guys!

@phil-x your place is stunning!! That is looking amazing!

@Brandson As regards to where mine is situated, it used to be an office, then a shop, that was converted. It's the whole top floor of an ex-commercial property in a small town here in the UK.

@Justinreideddy yeah the Kartell sofa wasn't the best purchase I've made. It looks the part, but isn't the comfiest lol. :/

@Mr_Kuschels lol, no but it's just my partner and I here. No kids as you might've guessed!

@J-P well spotted! The Mac is indeed mine (650S Spider). Probably not the appropriate place to post pics in here but here's a couple of it, and my JCW along with a couple others of mine. If they're too off topic then I'll remove.

Cheers again!!

XueAvH9.jpg

RME90wj.jpg

WmCwd1K.jpg

oY6uyGV.jpg

0GfEQAb.jpg

Rival

Gold Member
Cheers guys!

As regards to where mine is situated, it used to be an office, then a shop, that was converted. It's the whole top floor of a property in a small town here in the UK.

@Justinreideddy yeah the Kartell sofa wasn't the best purchase I've made. It looks the part, but isn't the comfiest lol. :/

@Mr_Kuschels lol, no but it's just my partner and I here. No kids as you might've guessed!

@J-P well spotted! The Mac is indeed mine (650S Spider). Probably not the appropriate place to post pics in here but here's a couple of it, and my JCW along with a couple others of mine. If they're too off topic then I'll remove.

Cheers again!!

The 650s is sweet but I have my eyes on that elf. Love those!

Sherlock00

Neo Member
Cheers guys!

As regards to where mine is situated, it used to be an office, then a shop, that was converted. It's the whole top floor of a property in a small town here in the UK.

Cheers again!!

0GfEQAb.jpg

You really should PM me with what you do, to be able to do it in a small town, unless youve already stated? ;). Been wanting to move to the UK but my company isn't international, would love to live in a small town like this picture.

TFGB

@Sherlock I just run a small business. Nowt special. Sometimes it's better to keep things small as you can keep an eye on things and give better customer service without being greedy. That's my ethos anyway!

@Justinreideddy yea the Elf MKIII is a favourite of mine and my partner's. It's a rare one-off Wood and Pickett 1275GT conversion:

DfZ8kWV.jpg

pPX5DdN.jpg

....and a cheeky rear end pic of another couple of my oldies!

lDKKHPf.jpg

Thanks for answering that blatant question :) You have an awesome apartment/house and some sweet cars. I bet you have a lot of enviers but hard work deserves to be rewarded. Congrats on all that!

TBiddy

Cheers for the kind comment! :)

If you need a friend. Or a homecook. Or just someone to spend your money. Or whatever. I'm your guy!

No, seriously though. Congrats on the success. It looks like you're living life!

Maximus P

I'd love to set up that I could be proud enough to post on here. Unfortunately, I have kids that would destroy all my hard work, and I'm really not the kind of guy who likes to exclude my family from my entertainment so I wouldn't feel comfortable having a private space. I found my keyboard had makeup all over it recently because my young daughter thought it was a good idea to try and watch YouTube for makeup tips while putting on her own.

Only another 12 years before my youngest reaches adulthood....*sobs*.

Some great set ups in here guys. Keep up the good work.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You know what I'd love? A "gaming setup advice and tips" thread. What shelves to buy, decor tips, making wiring less ugly, etc.

If that's this thread, then let me know. But it seems to be more for show n tell ;)

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Some nice set ups here, will post mine somepoint in the year, nothing amazing just needs abit of a change around and get the new tv.

TFGB what is that counter(Did you purchase it or have it custom made)? And if it was custom made can you elaborate a bit on the details of it. From your picture it's totally the centerpiece of your kitchen for me

eso76

We've all seen the pics so I think we can stop quoting them all now. ;)

not just that, we can lock the thread :|

j/k

congrats !

I just run a small business. Nowt special. Sometimes it's better to keep things small as you can keep an eye on things and give better customer service without being greedy

he says, after posting 10M worth of stuff he owns :O

TFGB

TFGB what is that counter(Did you purchase it or have it custom made)? And if it was custom made can you elaborate a bit on the details of it. From your picture it's totally the centerpiece of your kitchen for me

Yep custom made. I designed the kitchen myself and had the floating breakfast bar made by a chippy that helped with the kitchen installation. It's an MDF box section that was covered with a veneer I'd liked.

I'd had the idea in my head for a while and hadn't seen it done anywhere else so was quite pleased with how the taps turned out. :)

bTsG6hi.jpg

p0pQJYu.jpg

Cheers!

Yep custom made. I designed the kitchen myself and had the floating breakfast bar made by a chippy that helped with the kitchen installation. It's an MDF box section that was covered with a veneer I'd liked.

I'd had the idea in my head for a while and hadn't seen it done anywhere else so was quite pleased with how the taps turned out. :)

bTsG6hi.jpg

p0pQJYu.jpg

Cheers!

Gorgeous kitchen, would I be far off if I were to guess you work in interior design and construction?

jennetics

Hardware list:
Sony XBR-65HX950
3x Paradigm Signature W5 v.2 (front and centre on-wall speakers)
2x Paradigm Signature ADP3 v.3 (rear on-wall speakers)
JL Audio F112 Subwoofer (on its own dedicated circuit)
Anthem AVM60 Pre/Pro
D-Sonic M3-2000-5 Amp
Nvidia Shield TV
PS4 Pro
WiiU
2x Furman AC-215A surge protectors (one for subwoofer, one for Anthem/D-Sonic)
Isobar Ultra surge protector (for everything else), hidden in a Bluelounge CableBox

holy_shit_keegan_michael_key.gif

Please come to Oklahoma and makeover my living room.

Filben

New member, so no idea how to subscribe other than to comment. So, doing so for later and will post my set up.
At the top right of a thread you'll find the "Subscribe" button. The rest should be self-explanatory. You can view your subscriptions then via the appropriate button on the top left of the page.

These last two pages have definitely convinced me to never post a picture of my setup ever. Even the pictures look like they came out of a magazine.

Top Bottom