• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

I thought Tabris used to knock around here?

Hmmm anyways Tabris if you're reading, I assume you're still into your setups maybe? A blast from the past from the old Gamespot days! Would be nice to say hello after all these years!

Anyways...lovely setups guys n' gals! Might as well add mine into the equation. :)

It's been like this for just over 10 years, with a few additions here and there. I sort of fell out of love with Home Cinema a good few years ago, but this year I'm thinking of upgrading most of my kit (bar my Kef Refs/JL Audio Subs) and having a major redeco in the gaf.

Regardless, hope it's up to Neo's standards!

The main room: (pic taken a while back)

24991_full.jpg

20th Anni PS4/ Launch Fatboy 60GB/7.2 Kef Reference/JL Audio/Denon/Rotel/Kuro

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

Rear Kefs in kitchen area:

26885_full.jpg

Bedroom PS4/PS3/VR setup:

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

The small office setup when I'm supposed to be working... (semi-retired now so might not be getting as much use as it did. :/ )

FQlZNXn.jpg

So ummm...yea, maybe expect a few updates and cheers for looking!

All my pics can be seen on my gallery over on BluRay.com here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=THE_FORCE

I remember you! You posted on blu-ray.com too a while back didn't you!? Good to see everything has remained clean in your crib!

kaioshade

And now, im not even going to post my garbage ass setup.

Kind of depressing i will never have the means to do some of what other members have here.

Some really good stuff though. A man can dream.

Kyne

C'mon guys, this isn't a pissing contest.

From a gamecube in a dungeon to top of the line furniture, anything and everything is welcomed here. Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people.

Some beautiful setups in here. I've taken pictures the last couple of years but never posted. But this year I had a some new additions so I will finally post later on.

HvySky

One of my favorite threads on GAF. Interior design and decorating has become something of a passion for me over the last few years, moving beyond traditional drawing, art, etc. Once I move in a few months I hope to have the perfect setup that I'll post up here. Great work on your layouts!

MikeBison

At the top right of a thread you'll find the "Subscribe" button. The rest should be self-explanatory. You can view your subscriptions then via the appropriate button on the top left of the page.

Should mention I'm on mobile. But thanks for the advice!

I thought Tabris used to knock around here? Hmmm anyways Tabris if you're reading, I assume you're still into your setups maybe? A blast from the past from the old Gamespot days! Would be nice to say hello after all these years!

TBFG and Tabris:

ii3O9PCdEgttC.gif

I jest. Amazing pad, and some awesome cars mate.

TFGB

I remember you! You posted on blu-ray.com too a while back didn't you!? Good to see everything has remained clean in your crib!
Cheers aggie!
Gorgeous kitchen, would I be far off if I were to guess you work in interior design and construction?

Thanks again mate, though unfortunately you're way off the mark lol. I do enjoy interior design though. Would love to have that as a business!

@GeordieMark lol! Cheers Mark!

Theresonlyone, I love your custom arcades. I've see it several times on other boards and via searches, really slick setup. It would be cool if you could display the special moves.

Thank you - I'm currently compiling various artwork for the topper and looking into moveslist as well although I'm not having too much luck for some of the games. I'll likely have a crack at making my own if I can't find anything suitable.

i love this

Thanks for that.

I like your stuff. I think we could be friends. :)

Why just 1 joystick on that Vewlix though?

Thank you. I originally designed it as a 'slim' version due to space constraints. There isn't enough width on the panel to make a two player version unfortunately. I do sometimes wish I'd gone the whole hog and made a full size version and may do that in the future once I've got some current projects completed.

I wish I could buy something like this. I've been looking for this style of cabinet for awhile for my game room. I see that you custom built this, but do you or does anyone else here know where I can find something similar already built?

There are a couple of places I know of. There's the Kraylix:

http://www.kraylixarcade.com/

And another in Australia which was based on my design:

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/39653-Vewlix-quot-slim-quot-by-arcadeworx

http://www.arcadeworx.com.au/

Hope that helps.

Chitown B

Hmmm anyways Tabris if you're reading, I assume you're still into your setups maybe? A blast from the past from the old Gamespot days! Would be nice to say hello after all these years!

Anyways...lovely setups guys n' gals! Might as well add mine into the equation. :)

It's been like this for just over 10 years, with a few additions here and there. I sort of fell out of love with Home Cinema a good few years ago, but this year I'm thinking of upgrading most of my kit (bar my Kef Refs/JL Audio Subs) and having a major redeco in the gaf.

24991_full.jpg

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

26885_full.jpg

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

The small office setup when I'm supposed to be working... (semi-retired now so might not be getting as much use as it did. :/ )

FQlZNXn.jpg

You win an internet. I have no words. I also have Kuro, and I don't want to move on. It's too good.

Linius

So many great set-ups already and it's only february! Hopefully I can post mine before the summer. By then I should have a new TV and recordplayer to finally finish my whole audio/video switcheroo.

Chittagong

Gold Member

24991_full.jpg

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

26885_full.jpg

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

FQlZNXn.jpg

Ah I remember seeing this flat years ago when it was posted on some other forum, really awesome. Nice to see how it's been evolving since, VR and all that.

Xion86

TFGB, I just have no words, that's absolutely stunning. Random question, but I notice you have a SkyQ Mini in the bedroom, where have you hidden the main SkyQ Silver box (from the UK here too) :)

Anyway, your hard work has really paid off! Very inspiring indeed.

dickroach

my setup puts all others to shame.

K6VdNk0.jpg

55" Insignia Roku TV
Shovel Knight Amiibo \ Wii U \ PS3
PS4 \ PSVR
XB1S \ Steam Link
not pictured: cheap futon that I sit on, New 3DS, Vita Slim, and a few dozen physical games

my setup puts all others to shame.

K6VdNk0.jpg

55" Insignia Roku TV
Shovel Knight Amiibo Wii U PS3
PS4 PSVR
XB1S Steam Link
not pictured: cheap futon that I sit on, New 3DS, Vita Slim, and a few dozen physical games
This deserves to be quoted fully for 2 pages by everyone

TFGB

TFGB, I just have no words, that's absolutely stunning. Random question, but I notice you have a SkyQ Mini in the bedroom, where have you hidden the main SkyQ Silver box (from the UK here too) :)

Anyway, your hard work has really paid off! Very inspiring indeed.

Cheers again guys!!

@Xion86 the Sky Q Silver is hidden in the front room inside the grey cabinet that the TV stands on. I've got it controlled by IR blasters with the Harmony remote. Thanks for the comment!

Xion86

Cheers again guys!!

@Xion86 the Sky Q Silver is hidden in the front room inside the grey cabinet that the TV stands on. I've got it controlled by IR blasters with the Harmony remote. Thanks for the comment!

Ah nice one (you get to hide the annoying blue light too ;) I've covered it with small black cardboard haha). Never tried a Harmony remote, would get one but worried it will just confuse my parents, they are used to the one controller to turn the TV/AV on and the other for SkyQ (use the non touch one). Maybe when I get my own place I'll try it out (on the hunt). I'll have to post the living room setup here.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Are those bias lights behind the tv? I want some but I want ones that are not the most expensive and work well.

Ikea DIODER has you covered.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60192355/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50192365/

Easy as hell to install and works like a charm. Google image search on 'Ikea dioder ideas' and see the stuff people do with these.

I've personally always had Philips Ambilight TV's ever since first seeing them years ago. I love the dynamic ambient lighting.

Still unpacking and moving in, but the game loft is set up. Right now it's just my PC/Vive and sometimes I plug the NES Classic in to my right monitor. There is room behind the monitors for a PS4 if I ever find a reason to plug it in again.

60oUDyr.jpg

JAn1jJU.jpg

Comfy PC gaming engaged.

yamo

That picture looks insanely good for a projector.

Agree. What model is that?

Take two photos of your room, one shot in the dark and one in daylight. Then crop the screen picture from the dark shot to the daylight shot and almost any projector picture will look good.

If that is actually the picture quality in that bright room than i'm impressed and want to know the model as well.

Godan

So not really sure where abouts on gaf i would ask this but guess it could be in here.

I am basicly looking for a corner desk as i am moving rooms in my house. I currently use the Malm Desk from Ikea so something a bit bigger than that would be great if anyone know of places to look in the UK. Ikea's choice for corner desks kinda suck it seems.

Paragon

If that is actually the picture quality in that bright room than i'm impressed and want to know the model as well.
It's clearly edited. You can't get that sort of contrast from a projector in a bright room - not even with those high contrast black screens they sell for too much money.
It's possible to achieve pretty good contrast with a projector if you're in a dark room with proper wall treatments though; i.e. black velvet covering all the walls to reduce reflections.
I used to have a setup like that and it was amazing. When the lights went out, it seemed as though the picture was floating in an empty void. You couldn't tell the dimensions of the room you were in.

You'll never get the same sort of contrast from a projector as a direct-view display even in a perfectly treated room though - especially not now that OLED is here.
But I do miss the size of a projector, and have been considering one for my new place again. Even LG's 77" OLED just doesn't have the impact of a 12' image.

Ah I remember this setup back when you were building it. Crazy to think that it's been 10 years now.
Looks amazing, but I could never have a living room like that. I just cannot get immersed in a game/movie in a bright room, even when the lights are out.

Top Bottom