• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Anth0ny

Just finished that dbz ost, that Dragonball Z ost was 5 stars. Don't if states got the same one.

Not sure what soundtrack you listened to, but Shinsuke Kikuchi's dragon ball score is legendary. Glad you enjoyed it.

Full KOPW card is out:

IWGP Heavyweight champion Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the WrestleKingdom 12 briefcase
IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion KUSHIDA vs. Will Ospreay
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi and Juice Robinson
YOSHI-HASHI, Baretta and Jado vs. Kenny Omega, Cody and Marty Scurll
IWGP Tag Team champions Killer Elite Squad vs. War Machine vs. Guerillas of Destiny
IWGP Jr. Tag Team champions Ryusuke Taguchi and Ricochet vs. Roppongi 3K
Toru Yano and Hirooki Goto vs. Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.
Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi and Leo Tonga vs. SANADA, Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI

Sadly no Tana/Ibushi (guess that'll be Power Struggle or WK12), and they're doing the three way AGAIN. Top three matches should be fantastic though. Wonder who Roppongi 3K will end up being - returning tempura boyz maybe?

Awesome card. I have really high hopes for those top 3 matches.

Poor Cesaro. :(

Alexa. <3 So good.

Cena and Reigns hated each other literally a week ago, no respect at all to the point of shooting all over each others scripted promos, and now they're best friends because of a single wrestling match. Ok then. Reigns is gonna have so many torches passed to him they wont have to use lights in the arenas anymore. I love how they've already established it doesn't matter about the boos, the fans are paying money to boo him so that means he is the top star! What about a guy like AJ who fans pay to see and cheer for, why not make him the top star? Naar LOL.

See you later Cena don't worry about coming back.

Main event was soooo flat, we all know boring old Bork is wasting the year as champ so he can job to Reigns at WM but nothing happened in this match at all. You have Braun do a few moves then Bork kicks out then he does a move and wins. Do they not realise Braun is kinda over as a monster right now? Why not run with him and let the ultimate part timer waste of money f**k off? They're still happy to job him out for the sake of making Bork look strong so he can make Reigns look strong?

F F S. :|

75% of the main event was great, I expected Braun to win for a minute but a few things. Fuck suplex city, Braun needs a better finisher because it looks weak as shit,and last, one F5 was a disappointing way to go. Made Braun look weak as shit, you could've at least had a post match beat down.

Man I woulda had Braun sorta kill himself in the match, like he sets up a huge table spot or something to kill Bork but then the 'rookie' ends up in it instead. That way Bork wins but Braun doesn't have to lose simple as that and weak looking, make Bork scramble away barely surviving type thing.

They just really don't give a shit about anything or how anyone comes off other than Reigns. :| No thought or creativity into anyone elses booking.

Glad Braun lost. He looks so stupid.
image.php

SilentMike03

Neo Member
The NXT show was a lot of fun. When I got there, they had upgraded my ticket (presumably because attendance was a little light) so I got moved to the fourth row on the floor. It was also at the end of the aisle, it was dope. Thoughts:

Street Profits def. Tino Sabatelli & Riddick Moss: Good match. Montez Ford was super entertaining and Angelo Dawkins was just kind of... there. Tino & Riddick I feel have a lot of potential, they're just missing something right now.

Lars Sullivan def. Oney Lorcan
: Oney's from Boston so the hometown curse was in effect. Oney just slapping the shit out of guys will never not look brutal. Lars is a big man.

Dakota Kai & Kairi Sane def. Iconic: I loved everyone in this match so I was conflicted on who to cheer. Didn't really like the way the match was laid out. It was 90% Iconic getting heat on Dakota and 10% Kairi offense for the win. As a Dakota fan I was really disappointed she didn't get to do any of her signature moves. Kairi's elbow is beautiful.

Sanity def. Undisputed (via countout): Let me tell you a story about a match with no heat. Alexander Wolf is entertaining. That's about all I got for this match. Oh and the lady sitting in front of me was a big Adam Cole fan. Up to this point in the night she'd been sitting on her hands basically and once Cole came out, so did her camera phone. I found it amusing. Sanity got the upper hand and Undisputed just said fuck it and were counted out.

Roderick Strong def. Hideo Itami: Good match. Me and the guy next to me were big Hideo fans. Show that man RESPECT.

Johnny Gargano def. Raul Mendoza: Mendoza got over huge in this match. People around me were calling him a jobber before the match and on their feet applauding afterwards. One guy in the crowd really did not like Johnny and wanted to make sure everyone knew it. Johnny blew him a kiss after the match.

Sonya Deville def. Liv Morgan: Sonya <3. Sonya was pretty over with the crowd, chants of "Sonya's gonna kill you" started the match off. The woman sitting behind me joked at one point that someone forgot to tell Sonya wrestling is fake as she was laying her knee strikes in.

Drew McIntyre def. Andrade Cien Almas
: Best match of the night. I think Almas is really good and Drew is incredibly boring. Two rows in front of me were a group of girls around 12 years old that were huge Drew fans, which confused the hell out of me. We got into a bit of a chant war as I was rooting for Almas. It was a lot of fun. Drew won and then Undisputed came out and beat him down. Gargano, Oney, and the Street Profits came down for the save but got beaten up. Eventually Sanity came out and in a brawl sent Undisputed packing to end the show.

Overall it was a lot of fun and I'd definitely go to another one when they come back.

Anth0ny

pretty sure cesaro didn't actually lose any teeth. his top two front teeth got lodged up and into his gums... which is significantly more fucked up and sounds insanely painful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, y'all seemed to hate that main roster WWE show you complain about

Hey, WrassleGAF! Are you suffering from the heartbreak of fed-my-over-monster-to-a-parttimer-itis? Then take a tip from me!

&#127932;
To stop those carnys, one-two-three
Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free
It's got Flamm D's guarantee

Cropped the images because jesus christ the Simpsons are awful trash

But you're asking too much, folks wanna hatewatch. No alternatives. Just be angry. Hatewatch.

#hatewatch

Full KOPW card is out:

IWGP Heavyweight champion Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the WrestleKingdom 12 briefcase
IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion KUSHIDA vs. Will Ospreay
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi and Juice Robinson
YOSHI-HASHI, Baretta and Jado vs. Kenny Omega, Cody and Marty Scurll
IWGP Tag Team champions Killer Elite Squad vs. War Machine vs. Guerillas of Destiny
IWGP Jr. Tag Team champions Ryusuke Taguchi and Ricochet vs. Roppongi 3K
Toru Yano and Hirooki Goto vs. Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.
Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi and Leo Tonga vs. SANADA, Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI

Sadly no Tana/Ibushi (guess that'll be Power Struggle or WK12), and they're doing the three way AGAIN. Top three matches should be fantastic though. Wonder who Roppongi 3K will end up being - returning tempura boyz maybe?

Tana/Ibushi is likely the main event of Power Struggle, and it's sounding like Omega/YOSHI-HASHI will be at ROH Global Wars. Interesting that Yano and Goto are facing Suzuki and Sabre Jr., as a Makabe/Suzuki match was looking penciled in for this card. And the three way is elimination this time, which is marginally better I guess, but this division needs an influx of new talent immediately - Goto and Ishii aren't doing much of anything, so why not have them go after the belts?

And the rumors I keep hearing for Roppongi 3K is that it's Romero and Sami Callahan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
was ramen/cena last night any good? was doing other stuff

Not particularly. It's the kind of match you'd expect if there would be a couple more in the series, but it felt weird to blow it off so quick.

Zach

Watching some '97 Nitro with my coffee this morn. The good life. Some dude in the crowd has his ladyfriend up in the torture rack.

BiggNife

The NXT show was a lot of fun. When I got there, they had upgraded my ticket (presumably because attendance was a little light) so I got moved to the fourth row on the floor. It was also at the end of the aisle, it was dope. Thoughts:

Street Profits def. Tino Sabatelli & Riddick Moss: Good match. Montez Ford was super entertaining and Angelo Dawkins was just kind of... there. Tino & Riddick I feel have a lot of potential, they're just missing something right now.

Lars Sullivan def. Oney Lorcan
: Oney's from Boston so the hometown curse was in effect. Oney just slapping the shit out of guys will never not look brutal. Lars is a big man.

Dakota Kai & Kairi Sane def. Iconic: I loved everyone in this match so I was conflicted on who to cheer. Didn't really like the way the match was laid out. It was 90% Iconic getting heat on Dakota and 10% Kairi offense for the win. As a Dakota fan I was really disappointed she didn't get to do any of her signature moves. Kairi's elbow is beautiful.

Sanity def. Undisputed (via countout): Let me tell you a story about a match with no heat. Alexander Wolf is entertaining. That's about all I got for this match. Oh and the lady sitting in front of me was a big Adam Cole fan. Up to this point in the night she'd been sitting on her hands basically and once Cole came out, so did her camera phone. I found it amusing. Sanity got the upper hand and Undisputed just said fuck it and were counted out.

Roderick Strong def. Hideo Itami: Good match. Me and the guy next to me were big Hideo fans. Show that man RESPECT.

Johnny Gargano def. Raul Mendoza: Mendoza got over huge in this match. People around me were calling him a jobber before the match and on their feet applauding afterwards. One guy in the crowd really did not like Johnny and wanted to make sure everyone knew it. Johnny blew him a kiss after the match.

Sonya Deville def. Liv Morgan: Sonya <3. Sonya was pretty over with the crowd, chants of "Sonya's gonna kill you" started the match off. The woman sitting behind me joked at one point that someone forgot to tell Sonya wrestling is fake as she was laying her knee strikes in.

Drew McIntyre def. Andrade Cien Almas
: Best match of the night. I think Almas is really good and Drew is incredibly boring. Two rows in front of me were a group of girls around 12 years old that were huge Drew fans, which confused the hell out of me. We got into a bit of a chant war as I was rooting for Almas. It was a lot of fun. Drew won and then Undisputed came out and beat him down. Gargano, Oney, and the Street Profits came down for the save but got beaten up. Eventually Sanity came out and in a brawl sent Undisputed packing to end the show.

Overall it was a lot of fun and I'd definitely go to another one when they come back.
Unsurprisingly, this is very very similar to the PA show I went to on Saturday. Only real difference is that it was Kairi vs Sonya and Dakota and Liv v Iconic. They probably wanted to give Kairi a singles match because it was her birthday. But yeah, it was a lot of fun and I'd totally go to another.

Good to see Mendoza got over at that show too. Dude is clearly more than a jobber and deserves more love.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait, Enzo won the CW title?

giphy.gif

with a kick to the nuts, after being destroyed the whole match and being laid out outside for like 40 econds and the ref didnt count 10 for whatever reason.

Remember the CWC guys? >_>

And the three way is elimination this time, which is marginally better I guess, but this division needs an influx of new talent immediately - Goto and Ishii aren't doing much of anything, so why not have them go after the belts?

They're just coasting until the Tag League - but, I thought they did well to keep War Machine looking strong. Really could do with a new team introduced though, the trouble with tag league is that random pairings like a potential Goto and Ishii tag is they never have any build before the league starts.

And the rumors I keep hearing for Roppongi 3K is that it's Romero and Sami Callahan.

Think you're conflating two rumours there, Romero's said he won't be wrestling in Roppongi 3K, just managing it - my money's on Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu returning from excursion. The weird switchblade vignettes they've been airing on shows is rumoured to be Callihan.

Sephzilla

Friends, I need to vent a little bit. All of the shit I was seeing on Facebook yesterday with people being upset at anthem protests legitimately upset me and made me feel depressed about the future of this country and its people. It feels like so many people are completely oblivious either history or current events (or both in some cases) and don't understand the importance of taking a stand for what's right and are only concerned about MUH FLAG.

This country is fooked

Top Bottom