• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm so glad AAA fucked up
image2mpubz.jpg

THE GUY

Banned
If by some of us you mean Vince, sure
No, I'm referring to fans like you. Vince has clearly moved on so maybe you should too. You're stuck in 2015 where you think they're having people "endorse" Reigns to get him cheered by fans. It's boring and obviously wrong. They went through this split dynamic with Cena for a decade. It's pretty obvious they gave up on it ever being fixed with Reigns last year when they decided to just run with him as a tweener after WM32.

Cena raising Reigns hand has little to do with Vince trying to get him over with everyone, and more to do with the guys behind the characters having a little moment between them as professionals. It's symbolic for Cena, the company man, basically acknowledging his replacement. May mean nothing to the fans, but it obviously means something to Cena, as a guy who spent a decade at the top.

Separate to that, you've had both HHH and Cena saying the boos don't matter. They don't care. They've been leaning into that stuff for a good while now. They don't expect it to magically change. I mean, I'm sure they'd love it, but there's no magical plan here to try and get Roman over with everyone. Reigns is already the top guy. He has been since last year. There's no more coronations. No more endorsements. It's him running amok at the top, which means all the big names will lose to him at some point. And we're down to only one of those names now in Lesnar.

Don't think it'll go far this time. He went down to one at Summerslam, and I think they're rebuilding Brock's finisher at the moment. Cena had previously kicked out of 3 F5s so they had to up the ante at WM31. I imagine 2 or 3 will be the maximum this time. I'm more curious how they'll book the match. Brock isn't quite the monster he once was so we'll probably get more of a back and forth affair.

I actually feel a little disappointed Brock doesn't have that same monster aura. It felt really fresh at the time and made his matches really exciting.

No, but I'm sure sometime soon fans will realize that they've given up on him being cheered by all the fans. Feels like some of you are still stuck in 2015.

They had seemed to have rightfully given up until the post match here where they went all in on cheer this man again... which was just wtf. Reigns should have just laughed and walked off, that was the story they were telling and then oh never mind we cool.

The thing that bothered me the most with Reigns vs Cena was how lame that final spear looked. Even Edge could have hit a harder spear.

With all the trash talk and hype between Reigns and Cena, Reigns should have crushed him with that last spear.

Honestly I think they should have forgone Reigns kicking out of the AAs... I'd have Reigns just run over him.... and never get even in a position for Cena to hit one.

It would have been a change if pace from what is now the Modern John Cena formula

The thing that bothered me the most with Reigns vs Cena was how lame that final spear looked. Even Edge could have hit a harder spear.

With all the trash talk and hype between Reigns and Cena, Reigns should have crushed him with that last spear.

Why are you posting here, shouldn't you be helping out Cesaro right now???

THE GUY

Banned
They had seemed to have rightfully given up until the post match here where they went all in on cheer this man again... which was just wtf. Reigns should have just laughed and walked off, that was the story they were telling and then oh never mind we cool.
I think that's just an out of character thing.

The smart move definitely would have been Reigns just walking off, since that leaves the door open in kayfabe for the inevitable rematch. But I feel like WWE tries to have their cake and eat it too. So you end up with these moments where wrestlers break character and drive into the meta because it's now the real John Cena and Joe whatever his name is sharing a moment. But that takes away from the kayfabe story being told.

A big contrast from before where it was a lot more strict. You look at a moment like Rock/Austin at WM19 where there's obviously something there, but it's low-key. Or even Batista/HHH where they had the moment in a backstage interview, and it was again, somewhat low-key and respected the kayfabe storyline.

It's this whole reality era thing. Just messes it up in my opinion. They shouldn't blur the lines. Just stick to kayfabe on television. You can break kayfabe in a number of ways outside of television. But on WWE TV, they should keep it strictly about the on-screen story.

Pikma

Banned
Vince can keep doing whatever the fuck he wants to do, ratings and attendance will keep dropping no matter what

Or who knows, maybe he’ll manage to capture the imagination of the 63 million of known trump supporters through the use of more and more racist promos each week.

Maybe give someone a “SJW” gimmick and have him job every week to a plethora of economic anxious white patriotic superstars

Imagine the heat that would generate

Also, I doubt the Staples Center was a sell out. Maybe if they gave away tickets but no way it was a paid sell out. StubHub tickets dropped in price quickly around 3pm Pacific time. Scalpers thought they would make good money on No Mercy. Turns out people aren't paying for the product as much as the scalpers thought.

I saw 8 sections left with tickets from axs.com around the same time.

Just finished that dbz ost, that Dragonball Z ost was 5 stars. Don't if states got the same one.
Also, I doubt the Staples Center was a sell out. Maybe if they gave away tickets but no way it was a paid sell out. StubHub tickets dropped in price quickly around 3pm Pacific time. Scalpers thought they would make good money on No Mercy. Turns out people aren't paying for the product as much as the scalpers thought.

I saw 8 sections left with tickets from axs.com around the same time.
Did it ok bad on tv tho?

THE GUY

Banned
A) No way they'd got out there and shoot showing respect against the wishes of the company and the story

B)And if they did? Well it was on TV so that shit is canon
I don't think it's against the company's wishes. It's obvious the end game was Cena losing and acknowledging Reigns. I just think it's one of those blur the lines thing WWE tends to do a lot of recently with Cena, which just neuters the actual story. Happens in a lot of Cena feuds. He's done it to Styles and Miz just earlier this year, so it's not exactly a new thing now.

He goes into one mode for the purpose of the kayfabe story, but is suddenly out of it as soon as the match is done. Like how he ragdolled Styles on the mic, but then went all "respect my brother" as soon as Royal Rumble was over. Except dude made it seem like he had no respect for him at all a few days before and there was no reason for that match to change his opinion. The on-screen character takes a pause for the real guy to do his thing.

That's what I mean by out of character. This entire feud has been a mess because of that reason.

It's why I dislike these "shoot" feuds. They're shit for that reason. Keep it kayfabe. Brock/Joe and Reigns/Strowman are the best feuds this year for that reason.

I don't think it's against the company's wishes. It's obvious the end game was Cena losing and acknowledging Reigns. I just think it's one of those blur the lines thing WWE tends to do a lot of recently with Cena, which just neuters the actual story. Happens in a lot of Cena feuds. He's done it to Styles and Miz just earlier this year, so it's not exactly a new thing now.

He goes into one mode for the purpose of the kayfabe story, but is suddenly out of it as soon as the match is done. Like how he ragdolled Styles on the mic, but then went all "respect my brother" as soon as Royal Rumble was over. Except dude made it seem like he had no respect for him at all a few days before and there was no reason for that match to change his opinion. The on-screen character takes a pause for the real guy to do his thing.

That's what I mean by out of character. This entire feud has been a mess because of that reason.

It's why I dislike these "shoot" feuds. They're shit for that reason. Keep it kayfabe. Brock/Joe and Reigns/Strowman are the best feuds this year for that reason.

So basically you are saying what I've been saying. Cena feuds suck

Wow, y'all seemed to hate that main roster WWE show you complain about

Hey, WrassleGAF! Are you suffering from the heartbreak of fed-my-over-monster-to-a-parttimer-itis? Then take a tip from me!

🎼
To stop those carnys, one-two-three
Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free
It's got Flamm D's guarantee

CW61HC9.jpg

On one hand shocked emma didn't take he pin but on the other hand it was incredibly dumb to have the returning Bayley take it.

Especially when Emma is probably going to go back to no story now and being ignored so they should have just given it.

MG310

I guess Sasha could be mad about Bayley breaking up the Banks Statement and eventually being the one to get pinned by Alexa for the 30th time.

Full KOPW card is out:

IWGP Heavyweight champion Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the WrestleKingdom 12 briefcase
IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion KUSHIDA vs. Will Ospreay
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi and Juice Robinson
YOSHI-HASHI, Baretta and Jado vs. Kenny Omega, Cody and Marty Scurll
IWGP Tag Team champions Killer Elite Squad vs. War Machine vs. Guerillas of Destiny
IWGP Jr. Tag Team champions Ryusuke Taguchi and Ricochet vs. Roppongi 3K
Toru Yano and Hirooki Goto vs. Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.
Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi and Leo Tonga vs. SANADA, Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI

Sadly no Tana/Ibushi (guess that'll be Power Struggle or WK12), and they're doing the three way AGAIN. Top three matches should be fantastic though. Wonder who Roppongi 3K will end up being - returning tempura boyz maybe?

Well I'm way behind. LMAO at Cener/Roman and Brock/BRAAAAAAAAUN.

We're full steam ahead for Roman/Lesnar at WM in the continued quest for the hardest sell in WWE history... Fucking Vince.

I need to shoot on a mother fucker called Toei.

I uploaded a video back in June and got this standard email when they detect I use some footage from DBZ. Whatever. I ain't in it for the money, I'm in it for... the people.

Well everything is going fine until yesterday night, where I notice the video has been taken down and I get this email:

As far as I know, nothing has changed between when the video was uploaded in June and yesterday, but for whatever reason they took it down and now I have a copyright strike.

Toei, don't JERK ME AROUND. If you're gonna take my shit down, take it down, don't let it sit, not being monetized for 3 months, then remove it and give me a fucking strike.

Fuck you Toei you fucks. I do it for love, I'm not even monetizing off the shit, and this is how you repay me?

Come here

Like many Japanese companies Toei is a bunch of shit stains with this stuff, it is known.
Finally and HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Fuck that dipshit.

Adree

Friends, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is the best Dishonored game. Really fun set of powers and your meter just refills automatically.

Cesaro losing his teeth was frickin nasty. Glad Nia finally did some good stuff in a match, must be afraid of Jazzy stealing her heat.

On one hand shocked emma didn't take he pin but on the other hand it was incredibly dumb to have the returning Bayley take it.

Especially when Emma is probably going to go back to no story now and being ignored so they should have just given it.

Yup, unless it's to actually build to that Bayley vs Sasha feud ;)

But even then yup. Better story there if they're gonna build to that is Bayley causes Sasha to get pinned by Bliss and that's why Sasha turns

Damn cesaro's mouth got fucked

Roman's neck landed rough. Reminded me of when he speared shane but worse.

Yup, unless it's to actually build to that Bayley vs Sasha feud ;)

But even then yup. Better story there if they're gonna build to that is Bayley causes Sasha to get pinned by Bliss and that's why Sasha turns
At this rate might as well just make bayley vs sasha non title

Top Bottom