• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that now that everyone knows the sheriff donated to Gianforte, there'll be a lot more pressure to arrest him. Especially after the Fox News witnesses.

Basically, everyone has their limit for when they can't repeat the Party Line any longer, and those three reporters just crossed it, and Fox is letting them roll with it for some reason (perhaps because the reporters would just talk to another outlet if Fox suppressed it).

Plus, they are witnesses to a crime and were interviewed by the sheriff. They are not going to make statements in the press that contradict their statements to police.

sazzy

I like how CNN airs the White House in Crisis Special Report at 11pm.

They must be wagering that there can't possibly be any more breaking news after this time.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Surprising to see liberals still so optimistic in the year 2017.

I hope you guys are right.

Diablos

Ladies and gentlemen, head of the freedom caucus:
Yeah ok. I'll believe your words when I see better legislation.

Also Dems have many reasons to be confident. But the only issue here is that if the Bernie v. Hillary vibe carries into 2018 and 2020 we are handicapping ourselves coming right out of the gate. Also who knows what shit the GOP and Trump will do to make things harder for Dems.

Still expecting someone like Tulsi to be intent on twisting the knife during the next primary.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
So that earlier news about a current WH official "close" to the President under FBI's crosshairs could be Priebus, not Kush. Lol.
No that was almost assuredly Kushner. This is a separate instance about Preibus.

We already knew preibus asked the FBI to push back on the Russia investigation story in February
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/24/51701...efute-reports-trump-associates-had-russia-con

He's worried because he knows Comey was taking notes and probably neither him nor McCabe told him it "was garbage" or "we'd love to help".

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Smart move, Fox:

- Election that would be embarrassing for the GOP to lose is looking a little too close.
- Channel losing viewers for failing to report on GOP controversy.
- Report first on GOP controversy in potentially embarrassing race.
- If the win is razor thin or the GOP candidate loses it can be blamed on candidate's behavior and not the GOP on the whole.
- Look 'Fair and Balanced.'

This isn't the first time an article on FoxNews.com was surprisingly very anti-GOP. I think there's a little more leniency for employees there to criticize parts of the right than most people think.

I grew up in an all Fox News household, and still watch it more than any of the cable networks out of curiosity, and honestly, the non-personality driven Fox News is very hard to pin down where they stand on the line of pure propaganda and journalism with conservative bias. I think a lot of it is that they allow propagandists on in their version of "both sides" and conservative bias is often anti-fact no matter who it is, but unpleasant facts do still leak through in a way it might not on a pure propaganda network.

Of course, this is separate from the personality driven shows like Hannity, Carlson, the Five, or Fox and Friends, who would be way more likely to spin or hide anything and everything.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This is a massive, massive scoop. They were the only people in the room. This gets run no matter what state the race is in.

Also, lost in tonight's craziness:

@oliverdarcy
—@kimguilfoyle said on "The Five" she will fill in for @seanhannity. He's apparently going on vacation for 2 days. Unclear if preplanned.​
Ah the old "Preplanned vacation" that you never come back from.

Edit: Jesus Christ he choke slammed the dude then punched him while he was down? That's even worse than the audio and the reporter's own description ("body slammed") sounds.

Owzers

Ah the old "Preplanned vacation" that you never come back from.

Edit: Jesus Christ he choke slammed the dude then punched him while he was down? That's even worse than the audio and the reporter's own description ("body slammed") sounds.
He had enough!

I just realized that the punch explains the broken glasses.

If this guy doesn't get charged with anything by the sheriff then I hope the governor orders the state AG to press charges (the governor is a democrat).

lol

DAoXYOZXcAEEAct.jpg

watch him win his election and get a WWE deal

benjipwns

Banned
Is Hannity's radio show tied to his Fox show at all? Or is it it's own separate thing?
Separate, Cumulus had already swapped him out of the afternoon slot for The Savage Nation a couple years back due to this weird setup they have from buying up all the various stations. Hannity's now on less prominent stations, but he's on like twice as many, while Savage was given the big ones in major cities or something.

It's the second most popular show after Rush's so I can't imagine it goes anywhere. Their radio shows do ten times the audience his FOX News show does.

You know what's going to annoy me tomorrow. The democrat will lose and some poster (Bruce Springsteen) will pop up arguing if only the democrat had discussed economic issues instead of focusing on a physical assault, he would have won.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Good thing he didn't laugh during a Jeff Sessions confirmation hearing. Then we would give him the what for!

It's the second most popular show after Rush's so I can't imagine it goes anywhere. Their radio shows do ten times the audience his FOX News show does.

Those large radio listener numbers are weekly so they're actually pretty similar . And I'm sure there is a lot of overlap between the two.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Plain assault is rarely treated as a felony, guys. There's really nothing too weird about this being a misdemeanor.

benjipwns

Banned
Three weeks ago, the Missoulian endorsed Gianforte because we took him at his word that he would set aside his personal beliefs, listen to Montanans and be their voice in the House.

Our editorial said Gianforte ”has the education, experience, brains and abilities to be successful in Congress. But only if he holds firm to his promise to set aside his own personal ideology whenever necessary in order to uphold Montana values.

”... Gianforte repeatedly assured the Missoulian editorial board that he can and will do just that. The people of Montana must hold him to that pledge.''

Gianforte violated that pledge when he attacked a reporter for doing his job Wednesday night. As readers of the Missoulian know, Gianforte had repeatedly dodged questions about whether he would support the House plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act because he wanted to wait for the Congressional Budget Office to assess its impact.
they're assuming Montana values doesn't mean beating reporters up, something they would say out of their own self interest, typical lieberal media

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The sheriff not being a Gianforte donor, probably

It probably has more to do with the fact that the crime didn't meet legal requirements for felony assault or aggravated assault.

It's really not cool to impugn the character of people you don't even know who are literally just doing their job correctly and doing exactly what they should be within the confines of the law.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Reporter: "excuse me sir, I was hoping to get your comment on the newly released CBO score for the AHCA?"
Politician: *shivs reporter in the gut*
Reporter: x( "you broke my glasses!"
hot takes tomorrow:
"Liberals: This is why Trump won"

Plain assault is rarely treated as a felony, guys. There's really nothing too weird about this being a misdemeanor.
Also, this.

It probably has more to do with the fact that the crime didn't meet legal requirements for felony assault or aggravated assault.

It's really not cool to impugn the character of people you don't even know who are literally just doing their job correctly and doing exactly what they should be within the confines of the law.

I still think that's a pretty clear conflict of interest

Yeah after seeing the standards for felony assault, it's clear a misdemeanor is appropriate. Hope the guy is fucked in a civil suit though. That and he loses

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I still think that's a pretty clear conflict of interest

This ain't exactly DC corruption worth getting angry about.

The dude made a $250 personal donation to a candidate for his home district. I'm not expecting the small town sheriff to get up there and recuse himself or some shit.

Most importantly, he did the right thing legally. If he'd declined to pursue any charges at all, you'd have something to get upset about.

benjipwns

Banned
Yeah after seeing the standards for felony assault, it's clear a misdemeanor is appropriate. Hope the guy is fucked in a civil suit though. That and he loses
why do you hate fossil museums:
He donated $1.5 million to the Glendive Dinosaur and Fossil Museum in Glendive, Montana, a creationist museum which teaches visitors that evolution is false, the Earth is about 6,000-6,400 years old, that dinosaurs were on the Ark and that they likely died out 4,300 years ago during the flood described in the Book of Genesis.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
He only assaulted the foreign employed reporter because of his economic anxiety.

Stop victim blaming.

It's disgusting that we might hinder his freedom of employment over a difference of opinion on what constitutes assault.

Vimes

This morning: I hope Quist wins because it'll be a much needed morale boost for the left and good for the country.

Tonight: I hope Quist wins because it'll make this Friday's Lovett or Leave It amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom