• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Is this the May surprise?

Regarding Mensch, some believe she is a Russian asset. She sows chaos on both sides so not really much crazier an idea than the "news" she reports.

Is this the May surprise?

Regarding Mensch, some believe she is a Russian asset. She sows chaos on both sides so not really much crazier an idea than the "news" she reports.

I think she is an opportunist who will serve any needy audience who's willing to swallow her insane fanfic.

Teggy

So if the guy wins, but then has to resign for having assaulted a reporter, what happens? Another special election lol?

Note people mentioning that 2/3rds vote already in, so this can't have as big an impact as in other elections.

Just so I understand, the Russians used forged documents last summer to make Comey think Lynch was going easy on Hillary, prompting Comey to issue that condemnatory statement at the conclusion of the email investigation? Is that what fucking happened?

Just so I understand, the Russians used forged documents last summer to make Comey think Lynch was going easy on Hillary, prompting Comey to issue that condemnatory statement at the conclusion of the email investigation? Is that what fucking happened?

It's all fake news. It's all fake news. It's all fake news. Trump supporters chant this every night before going to bed.

kirblar

It wasn't even that, it was that once they had the forged document, Comey was afraid of the forged doc leaking. Simply having the bullshit in their possession escalated things.

Mr.Mike

So it appears that the Gianforte assault wasn't a spur of the moment thing. Jacobs wrote an article a month ago that Gianforte held some Russian index funds which were sanctioned by the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...epublican-candidate-congress-russia-companies

TBH having some Russian index funds doesn't really seem incriminating, especially as a very small part of the portfolio. I'd imagine they'd be a common part of most emerging markets funds.

But yeah, what the fuck is with the body slam?

kirblar

TBH having some Russian index funds doesn't really seem incriminating thing. I'd imagine they'd be a common part of most emerging markets funds.

But yeah, what the fuck is with the body slam?
Yeah, in context of the size of the guy's wealth, they're a drop in the bucket and likely don't actually mean anything.

If the GOP goal was to make Trump look semi-normal and not a total embarrassment while taking headlines out of DC for a week, the plan has been a miserable failure. It's all shitty news for the party and administration. Every day.
Now that's what I call a preexisting condition
Anger management covered under Obamacare, fwiw.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the Comey thing could swing the national election, a physical assault could swing a local one. My hopes are rising here.

Someone help me with the calculus here. If he's convicted of felony assault (and there are witnesses) + fleeing scene of crime then he will eventually be removed from office by a house vote (especially since he can't serve while he's in prison. i mean legally he can but he can't vote since he's not present on the floor.) and they'd have to hold a special election again. So... shouldn't he drop out? Since he's wasting voters' time?

Who gives a shit about middle aged white men? Old ass people, who reliably vote R, are being fucked here harder than anyone and the AARP will mobilize them.

make any substitution for "middle aged", "white", and "men" and then reread your sentence.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
If the Comey thing could swing the national election, a physical assault could swing a local one. My hopes are rising here.

I just don't think it'll have time to get enough play. Happened after the local evening news, there's no video to throw in people's faces on the late and morning news so you're relying on people listening to an audio clip and realizing it contradicts the guy's statement before they vote tomorrow.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Good reminder and motivation to liberals to get out to vote tomorrow.

Unless they want to stay home and let this wacko unhinged thug represent them.

Don't think this will make a lot of difference for tomorrow.
Famous last words.

But I'm expecting a special election in a couple of months. WTF was he thinking.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This might be enough to motivate independents to go out and vote, too. I'd still bet Gianforte wins, but even so.

NeoXChaos

lol

DAoXYOZXcAEEAct.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom