• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whizkid7

I'm taking a new approach with this game. Since I've been playing less Puzzles and Dragons lately I've begun just rolling whenever I have the orbs to roll. Since I am F2P hoarding tons of stones and rolling to not get anything I want is just an awful feeling I get probably 90% of the time.Rolling whenever has actually made the game a lot more fun for me after years of hoarding. After a couple of really bad runs with this game I am going to start doing the same thing. When I hit 20 I will just roll on whatever banner I like most no matter the colors. At least with the inheritance units can all be useful.

Pretty much how I roll, too. I saved up once and found that it didn't really make it any more/less enjoyable, so I just go as soon as I hit 20 orbs.

Though it also helps that I've been extremely lucky and pull 5* banner units within the first or second set.

Started today, though it might be hard to keep on my phone due to space issues.
Got this from my first round of summons, seems decent enough.
s4NXgQ0.jpg
Been using my other orbs for upgrading the castle, because more exp seems like a good idea.

Other than that, dunno yet exactly what I'm doing, but at least it seems like I'm plowing through the story mode.

PK Gaming

Started today, though it might be hard to keep on my phone due to space issues.
Got this from my first round of summons, seems decent enough.

Been using my other orbs for upgrading the castle, because more exp seems like a good idea.

Other than that, dunno yet exactly what I'm doing, but at least it seems like I'm plowing through the story mode.

Welcome aboard.

FE:Heroes is kind of a weird beast of a game. Go with the flow and try not to give into temptation and spend money unless you can afford it. RNG is a cruel mistress but everyone has their day... eventually.

Twrs

Neo Member
I'm not sure which green mage to use.

4* Nino -Def +Hp
5* Soren -Hp +Spd
5* S.Camilla -Def +Spd

I'm thinking of giving Ninos tome to one of the others but I'm not sure. Is Camilla good outside of flier emblem?

Juni_

I'm not sure which green mage to use.

4* Nino -Def +Hp
5* Soren -Hp +Spd
5* S.Camilla -Def +Spd

I'm thinking of giving Ninos tome to one of the others but I'm not sure. Is Camilla good outside of flier emblem?
+spd soren and neutral spd Nino have the same spd so I'd use him and just give her tome to him. Cam is outclassed by those two outside of flier emblem because of her lower spd.

no celica, but i got a +atk/-spd 5 sanaki and a +hp/-def 4 soren

-spd Sanaki isn't the worst especially if you have +Atk. She doesn't really double anyway and her speed was already low enough that she'd get doubled.

With attack boon she one shots Hector without buffs.

Welcome aboard.

FE:Heroes is kind of a weird beast of a game. Go with the flow and try not to give into temptation and spend money unless you can afford it. RNG is a cruel mistress but everyone has their day... eventually.

Yeah I don't think I'll spend anything, like I said I might have to delete it at some point because of space, also I don't really have a connection to fire emblem characters, so I don't feel like chasing any specific characters.

McNum

We made a quick edit to the FE-Gaf Discord Tier list. Elise, Clarine, Priscilla? Welcome to B!

Yes, really! Man-is-obsolete in the channel asked us to run the combat numbers for the three cavalry healers with Wrathful Staff and... when you hit 100+ wins against generic units, it raises an eyebrow. This hinges on them being part of a Horse Emblem Team, but with both Hone and Fortify Cavalry going, these unassuming healers become a menace. Elise is the better of the three since she's faster, but Clarine and Priscilla can do it, too. Since they can't equip any offensive skills better than Attack +3 or use any offensive special moves, they kind of cap out at this level. But... they can actually fight now, and being outside the weapon triangle, but doubling enemies with magic attacks? That has its niche.

These are still done with very specific builds, and very specific teams, but the cavalry healers are just that strong at their peak. Amusingly, this makes them about as good a pick for magic damage as Leo for that team. Plus, they can still heal.

kswiston

Waiting for Robin to get the multiplier makes me anxious some how.

The worst part is that this race is so close that you can't be guaranteed to get many shots at 3x points. If we miss the power hour, we may be SOL. At least until everyone starts dumping their saved up flags tomorrow.

kewlmyc

What is the difference required to trigger the "weaker" status in the voting gauntlet? 10%?

Come on Robin! You can do it!

The thing about it is that will only work if Robin gets a multiplier in the last hours of the round.

People in Tharja's camp haven't really needed to go all in on flags at all since there's been a general lack of multiplier events with her. If she gets the multiplier chance, then they'll finally have a chance to use all their hoarded flags.

The thing about it is that will only work if Robin gets a multiplier in the last hours of the round.

People in Tharja's camp haven't really needed to go all in on flags at all since there's been a general lack of multiplier events with her. If she gets the multiplier chance, then they'll finally have a chance to use all their hoarded flags.

I don't know if you noticed, but so far Robin has actually had fewer opportunities than Tharja over the entire gauntlet (6 to 5).

kswiston

If it was unclear, I want Robin to lose by a larger margin, so that I can get more points. I would prefer him to always be at least 10% under Tharja, but that is not going to be the case.

I don't know if you noticed, but so far Robin has actually had fewer opportunities than Tharja over the entire gauntlet (6 to 5).

A lot of the early round stuff (where the characters flip-flop between strong and weak) also happens when NA Fire Emblem players are asleep :(

scy

Catching up on the thread, my main account not landing in Tier 18 (from 15) makes a lot more sense now. I guess I still hit the top prize just overlooked it was +2 move. This is going to be that account's offweek probably, though. I have a Roy to level, pulled a Boey (zero red orbs? Guess I'll do green over colorless!), and no pony support to warrant Xander. Well, I got a Titania I guess but still.

Secondary account can do a full-fledged Horse Emblem setup, though. Xander, Reinhardt, probably Cecilia, and Azura or just all-in a -blade Ursula. Probably Azura, though, since I'm not made of feathers still.

kswiston

We're super close now Team Robin. Next update for sure. Unless some of our foolish brothers and sisters start dishing out 200x flags.

Bovine

Neo Member
Working on leveling up the Celica and 4 star Nino I just got from the banner now, used a lvl 35 4 star Subaki for the arena which went well. All these feathers I'm getting are going to go into promoting Nino (as well as 3 star Hinata, Shanna, and Palla for the build). I'm just happy I'm in a good string of luck in the game right now, I'm been in the bad luck phase before for a while (I had relatively trash luck up until the Easter banner, and now my luck is better (although no Ike kinda stings, but whatever).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
We're super close now Team Robin. Next update for sure. Unless some of our foolish brothers and sisters start dishing out 200x flags.

I wish I could use 800 flags at a time. Need more triple points.

Edit: flags not feathers. oops

kswiston

I got a second 5-star Reinhardt. ATK and SPD are neutral so it is on par with my first. What would you guys recommend I do with it? Feed it? Make a double Reinhardt team to troll on defense?

lt519

#TeamRobin we're gonna pull this off, slow roll the x3, I've got 1000 flags to go.

At like 22k cumulative and 7k for this round, been playing it well having been with be Robin (top 5k each round) since the start, see how far the 1k flags will take me otherwise.

Also arena, c'mon I spent 20k on Xander in preparation then my boy Roy shows up as a bonus character. Ooh well, already perfect run, sitting pretty in that top tier to get bumped up again. Gonna run some + characters to see if I can improve.

Ponn

Banned
Wow, pull rate is pretty garbage now huh? I guess they "fixed" it or brought it normal after launch honeymoon. I stopped playing aggressively and just casually and the last three 20 orb pull orbs have all been nothing but 3 star common repeats.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wow, pull rate is pretty garbage now huh? I guess they "fixed" it or brought it normal after launch honeymoon. I stopped playing aggressively and just casually and the last three 20 orb pull orbs have all been nothing but 3 star common repeats.
It's the same, don't delude yourself.

vctor182

Time to tip some scales boys

Hoarding flags on team Tharja and waiting for my team to be weaker to earn that juicy 3x multiplier, please pass us

kswiston

Time to tip some scales boys

Hoarding flags on team Tharja and waiting for my team to be weaker to earn that juicy 3x multiplier, please pass us

I hope we stay behind. I couldnt play until just now and only go one round off at triple points.... feels bad.

I hope we stay behind. I couldnt play until just now and only go one round off at triple points.... feels bad.

making a weak ass push that gives us another 3x hour really fast>making a super strong push that flips Tharja a 3x hour so we can get one immediately after again>an average push

sadly, we're definitely getting the last one, feels bad

We made a quick edit to the FE-Gaf Discord Tier list. Elise, Clarine, Priscilla? Welcome to B!

Yes, really! Man-is-obsolete in the channel asked us to run the combat numbers for the three cavalry healers with Wrathful Staff and... when you hit 100+ wins against generic units, it raises an eyebrow. This hinges on them being part of a Horse Emblem Team, but with both Hone and Fortify Cavalry going, these unassuming healers become a menace. Elise is the better of the three since she's faster, but Clarine and Priscilla can do it, too. Since they can't equip any offensive skills better than Attack +3 or use any offensive special moves, they kind of cap out at this level. But... they can actually fight now, and being outside the weapon triangle, but doubling enemies with magic attacks? That has its niche.

These are still done with very specific builds, and very specific teams, but the cavalry healers are just that strong at their peak. Amusingly, this makes them about as good a pick for magic damage as Leo for that team. Plus, they can still heal.

Elise is really strong. I didn't have access to Atk 3 so I just gave her Res 3 to cover her Bane and she can still OHKO hectors, needs HP seal for +atk Hector. She can also absorb any color mage attack, which is really strong to bait them out. Sucks you have to run Martyr now instead of Rehabilitate, but eh. Thinking of going with heavenly Light for her special.

Jims

Ugh, we're up by a billion again. It is going to take another 6-8 hours to get x3 again. :(

I wish we could've just given Tharja x3 so she could swing it back to us again.

Ugh, we're up by a billion again. It is going to take another 6-8 hours to get x3 again. :(

I wish we could've just given Tharja x3 so she could swing it back to us again.

I wish it only took 6-8 hours for another one, it will take at least 20 if we even get one at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom