• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time picking between QR or Vantage build for Xander. Can only go to QR2 or Vantage 2 for now by the way. I feel like I am missing something because I have trouble figuring out why QR seems like the most popular build for Xander. For it to work great, you have to take at least 2 hits, which can be a lot already in Arena and the damage from the first hit would rarely allow QR to work twice. With Vantage, you probably good to good in Vantage mode with 1 hit and combined with Moonbow, you can do a Vantage Moonbow counter instead of taking damage if you one shot the second character who attacks you. Then Vantage will work again and possibly kill another people if it's a green or something.

I have a hard time picking between QR or Vantage build for Xander. Can only go to QR2 or Vantage 2 for now by the way. I feel like I am missing something because I have trouble figuring out why QR seems like the most popular build for Xander. For it to work great, you have to take at least 2 hits, which can be a lot already in Arena and the damage from the first hit would rarely allow QR to work twice. With Vantage, you probably good to good in Vantage mode with 1 hit and combined with Moonbow, you can do a Vantage Moonbow counter instead of taking damage if you one shot the second character who attacks you. Then Vantage will work again and possibly kill another people if it's a green or something.

1. Cavaliers may have 3 Mov, but they still play pretty defensively due to the spacing requirements of Hone+Fortify Cavalry. Your use of Vantage in this case is offensive, putting other members at risk in the 4v4. Sure, you could let the enemy initiate twice instead, but that means you spent two turns when you could've spent one and gave up more space than necessary in the process.

2. Xander might be strong, but outside of Nino and Julia, he's not one-shotting the world any time soon. Not without Triangle Adept, at least.

3. With healers becoming actually viable, Quick Riposte can have a much longer, potentially infinite uptime.

1. Cavaliers may have 3 Mov, but they still play pretty defensively due to the spacing requirements of Hone+Fortify Cavalry. Your use of Vantage in this case is offensive, putting other members at risk in the 4v4. Sure, you could let the enemy initiate twice instead, but that means you spent two turns when you could've spent one and gave up more space than necessary in the process.

2. Xander might be strong, but outside of Nino and Julia, he's not one-shotting the world any time soon. Not without Triangle Adept, at least.

3. With healers becoming actually viable, Quick Riposte can have a much longer, potentially infinite uptime.

For number 3, yes if luck can be with me before the new banner goes... I play a more defensive style usually so I will try the QR build first I think then I will see. At least it's QR2 to start so I won't regret it that much if I want to make the switch.

StAidan

Broke my streak 5 times before finally finishing with a 4100 score in the arena. This lava map with Reinhardt (or full fledged Horse Emblem) all over the place is just ridiculous. I need to get serious about a real flier team, not sure I can counter that garbage any other way.

I must be slow tonight, maybe too much sun! I see a lot of people recommending Ignis on Xander QR but I just feel like Bonfire is a way better choice to have it kick in at the right time.

PK Gaming

So uh, how terrible is -atk/+spd for celica? At least she should double pretty much everyone?

It's definitely usable. The extra Speed makes it easier for her to double enemies as well.

I'd probably consider messing around with a Fury/Desperation set.

spiritfox

It's definitely usable. The extra Speed makes it easier for her to double enemies as well.

I'd probably consider messing around with a Fury/Desperation set.

Not sure how well Fury/Desperation would work with Ragnarok, unless you switched to Raourblade. I think she would be good with Renewal though.

PK Gaming

C_9eFkzVYAABg7O.jpg

source

Jims

Pulled a 5* neutral Faye and a +ATK/-HP 4* Cherche. I am more excited about the Cherche. I kinda need an archer, so maybe there's some cheap doubling build for Faye that could be interesting.

I wish it only took 6-8 hours for another one, it will take at least 20 if we even get one at all.

We'll definitely get another one, but it'll probably be the last one. 3 hours later, the lead is down to about 550 million. I'll just be grateful if it doesn't happen while I'm asleep. Seems like the big winners of this gauntlet will be those who hopped on the Leo and Julia trains in Round 2.

Ninferno

Is +atk -res Nowi good enough for promotion to 5 or should I hold out for +spd?

That's a great Nowi. While I agree +Spd -HP is optimal for Nowi, +Atk is nothing to sneeze at. I think you can promote this Nowi if she adds something to your team, and merge her into a +Spd (but not -Atk or -Def) one if it does show up later.

Sushen

Pulled a 5* neutral Faye and a +ATK/-HP 4* Cherche. I am more excited about the Cherche. I kinda need an archer, so maybe there's some cheap doubling build for Faye that could be interesting.
I've seen Faye with brave bow that seemed to work pretty well.

We'll definitely get another one, but it'll probably be the last one. 3 hours later, the lead is down to about 550 million. I'll just be grateful if it doesn't happen while I'm asleep. Seems like the big winners of this gauntlet will be those who hopped on the Leo and Julia trains in Round 2.

yeah and Robin will need a 2 billion+ deficit for another one....you do the math on how long that takes at current pace

also the real sleeper winner of this gauntlet is....those who joined Tharja from the start

Jims

At +200 million Tharja per hour, we're looking at what, 10 AM Eastern? Maybe it'll trigger a little later around noon or 2 PM? Assuming no shenanigans happen overnight.

I've seen Faye with brave bow that seemed to work pretty well.

It feels like such a waste to get rid of Firesweep Bow, though. :(

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
yeah and Robin will need a 2 billion+ deficit for another one....you do the math on how long that takes at current pace

also the real sleeper winner of this gauntlet is....those who joined Tharja from the start
It's already (almost) 2 billion. By the time Tharja pulls far enough ahead again, Robin will need a 3 billion deficit.

As someone with 2400 flags on team Robin with still about 400 more to obtain, I guess this should be the point where I just start dumping at least 200 flags every now and then just to not have leftovers in the end isn't it =__=

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
As someone with 2400 flags on team Robin with still about 400 more to obtain, I guess this should be the point where I just start dumping at least 200 flags every now and then just to not have leftovers in the end isn't it =__=
I ran into that problem last gauntlet. I saved up for the last round and then didn't have enough time to use them all before it ended. I was dealt a couple of bum teams and then real live also happened. You've got 7 full hours worth of flags to play, so unless you don't like sleeping or you're very punctual... it's time to start using them.

4824 points in Arena Tier 17 places me Rank 1004 of the 4019 currently heading toward a rank up. I wonder if it will be enough to stay in. I started my run with a not fully inherited Xander so I did not get my possible 4840 to 4858. Will aim for that through natural swords refill I guess.

ggx2ac

4824 points in Arena Tier 17 places me Rank 1004 of the 4019 currently heading toward a rank up. I wonder if it will be enough to stay in. I started my run with a not fully inherited Xander so I did not get my possible 4840 to 4858. Will aim for that through natural swords refill I guess.

I have 4888 points at rank 442, same tier.

You'll probably have enough to move up but it's too early to tell. Usually by the weekend it's more apparent for whether you'll survive.

spiritfox

I really don't like the 3x modifier as it is. It rewards those who tirelessly camps their app 24/7 waiting for the 1 hour of magic, while those who're not available just get screwed. In the end it doesn't even affect the results, just the margin of difference.

I have 4888 points at rank 442, same tier.

You'll probably have enough to move up but it's too early to tell. Usually by the weekend it's more apparent for whether you'll survive.

Yea! For now the amount of players who can be in the first tier keeps going up. Everytime one of the new players can't beat my score it goes in my favor. However, I would not be too surprised if I end up just staying Tier 17 for this week if I keep 4824. Will really try to get that score higher for safety.

I really don't like the 3x modifier as it is. It rewards those who tirelessly camps their app 24/7 waiting for the 1 hour of magic, while those who're not available just get screwed. In the end it doesn't even affect the results, just the margin of difference.

Hard to disagree here. Nobody got a clutch win with a last hour 3X or anything. It favors some timezones for cumulative scores while it only gives the illusion that the most obvious winners were not a blowout.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Iono man, it took what, 6 hoursish for Tharja to beat out the 3x multiplyer? I can see Robin winning this, of course this means I think Tharja would have won without the bonus.

We'll see I guess but I doubt it. We can expect one last 3X for Robin but soon the Tharja army will start spending their flags for regular 20k a pop. Team Robin too but we are not as many. If stars would have aligned for a 3X for Robin in the last few hours of the Gauntlet I would have believed. However, looks like it will happen too early.

spiritfox

Iono man, it took what, 6 hoursish for Tharja to beat out the 3x multiplyer? I can see Robin winning this, of course this means I think Tharja would have won without the bonus.

Has team Tharja even spent their flags yet? Unless team Robin manages to coordinate to get a 3x in the last few hours I highly doubt he can win.

The last time it popped up Robin was down like 1.5 billion, the next time he'll be down like 2.5 billion.

We'll see I guess but I doubt it. We can expect one last 3X for Robin but soon the Tharja army will start spending their flags for regular 20k a pop. Team Robin too but we are not as many. If stars would have aligned for a 3X for Robin in the last few hours of the Gauntlet I would have believed. However, looks like it will happen too early.

Has team Tharja even spent their flags yet? Unless team Robin manages to coordinate to get a 3x in the last few hours I highly doubt he can win.

You need to stop acting like a majority of players even spend all their flags, from the last gauntlet we can tell that there's at most 50k people that actually do (it's probably a decent amount less too).

I don't disagree that the multplier fucks over certain timezones harder, but I'd argue the biggest issue is that winning teams will hardly if ever get any benefit out of it for the cumulative ranking. You pick a winning team and your ranking is pretty much fucked. The fact that it actively makes you want your own team to be losing significantly should be enough to show that it needs an overhaul.

ggx2ac

I've got 1200 banners to spend and waiting for the next 3x multiplier.

Otherwise I'll spend it before time runs out.

You need to stop acting like a majority of players even spend all their flags, from the last gauntlet we can tell that there's at most 50k people that actually do (it's probably a decent amount less too).

Since it's true for both team I guess the point even out.

On a different note, lost my pity % on a 5* Caeda. Anything to do with her? Looks like nope with terrible IV, Low SPD High DEF. No worthy SI that cannot be found on a 4*. My last 5 5* have been from the off banner %, I am getting pissed. Fuck IV, fuck getting another character with worst boon and worst bane combined, fuck bad off banner characters, fuck getting Raigh #6 and 7 just now (got 5 more in past 3 days), fuck getting 20 or so of him so far and fuck still never seeing a Lon'qu ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom