• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Board Gaming |OT2| On Tables, Off Topic

Musan

I didn't really mind Splendor one way or the other. It's a good gateway or opener which you can play a couple rounds in quick succession before something heavier comes along.

In other news, I've quite enjoyed the 3-4 games of Pandante I've played. It's basically Texas Hold 'Em with special Panda powers that can be played in <30m. Unlike hold 'em you can only bet 2 per round so there's a lot more incentive to stay in and you get rewarded hugely for either bluffing your way to victory or for getting called out on a non-bluff. Quite fun once all the ridiculous panda-themed nomenclature grows on you.
I considered Pandante at one point. Then I remembered that I actually like playing Hold 'Em and don't need some weird version of it.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
"This essentially NEVER hits my table. I like it, but it occupies a weird space. A little too long and involved for my casual friends and a little too streamlined for my hardcore friends."

I have so many games like this it's obscene. Honestly I find long games rarely ever worth buying. I like them but if I only ever play them once or twice a year, it's just not worth it.

Yeah, about half of my collection at this point is comprised of games that no one is ever in the mood to play vs 3 shorter games.
Saw that earlier. You guys are doing good work

As for Splendor thoughts, I posted my thoughts on it last week.

It seems like it's crazy overhyped, especially after the SDJ nomination.

I

Thanks! And yeah... Splendor isn't my jam... I think Camel Up is a decidedly more interesting and engaging gateway game nominated for the very same award. Not rocket science, but it's got enough "fun" elements and "oh shit" moments that I can at least imagine introducing it to newbies.

As for Pandante, I have a review copy coming to me and I'm excited to play it with my boss. He loves poker.

Zombies!!! Deadtime Stories should be arriving this Friday at my house. It looks to add some deeper game play to the standard game and take it in a bit of a different direction. As an unabashed lover of this simple game, I'm curious how everything will mesh at the end of the day. I have everything they've ever released for the game, so I should be able to take full advantage of the book.

72-page soft bound scenario book, 10 character cards, 24 experience cards, 30 scenario cards, zombie stat reference card and 12 Zombies!!! bingo cards

The zombie apocalypse creeps across the world, gutting cities and driving survivors to find refuge beyond areas of previously dense population. This struggle is seen everywhere, but it’s not the whole story... Who are these survivors, and why do they fight to survive?

Deadtime Stories is a story-driven expansion for the award-winning Zombies!!! board game. For the first time, players can take on roles, achieve a variety of goals, and gain experience over multiple games. The box also contains variant rules, zombie types for a different flavor every time a new fig hits the table, and new ways to combine sets and even merge Zombies!!! with Humans!!! and Martians!!!

This product contains a softbound scenario book with two full campaigns and several single missions created by fans of the game, along with rules for combining sets and games and tons of extras to make your Zombies!!! experience better than ever. Also included are 10 character cards, 24 experience cards, 30 scenario cards, and zombie stat reference cards.

Dreavus

So it appears there's a Kickstarter for the 10 new Yomi characters (from Sirlin games).
I've been waiting on these characters for a while now, but the way the "rules update" for the original decks is being handled is kind of disappointing: not including cards that have been "reworded" (whatever that means, exactly), and specifically none with any new art, nor any new character stat cards. It feels like they have gone out of their way to make it as blunt as possible, probably to entice people who already own the game to buy the (revised) 10 original characters for a second time.

There's likely nothing wrong with sticking to the original balance, but it would be nice if the character updates were a bit more seamless and less (what feels like) intentionally obtuse.

That aside, I'm still interested in the new stuff, but I probably haven't played original Yomi enough as it is to justify backing this quite yet anyways.

So it appears there's a Kickstarter for the 10 new Yomi characters (from Sirlin games).
I've been waiting on these characters for a while now, but the way the "rules update" for the original decks is being handled is kind of disappointing: not including cards that have been "reworded" (whatever that means, exactly), and specifically none with any new art, nor any new character stat cards. It feels like they have gone out of their way to make it as blunt as possible, probably to entice people who already own the game to buy the (revised) 10 original characters for a second time.

There's likely nothing wrong with sticking to the original balance, but it would be nice if the character updates were a bit more seamless and less (what feels like) intentionally obtuse.

That aside, I'm still interested in the new stuff, but I probably haven't played original Yomi enough as it is to justify backing this quite yet anyways.
Sirlin has been known to do this in the past with Puzzle Strike. He released the third edition that was basically a repackaging of the game with changes to some chips. He could have easily released an upgrade pack with the changes. It caused a big stink on BGG and his response was basically, "deal with it."

The good thing is people who abandon the previous edition for the new edition, dump the old edition for next to nothing.

Has anyone played this game?
Helios-Board-Game-Box-Art-e1399253910817.jpg

I only played one round and led a full game with a group of kids, but I'd like to know your thoughts. I like the concept, but I'd need to play a full game to get a better sense of it.

Dreavus

Sirlin has been known to do this in the past with Puzzle Strike. He released the third edition that was basically a repackaging of the game with changes to some chips. He could have easily released an upgrade pack with the changes. It caused a big stink on BGG and his response was basically, "deal with it."

The good thing is people who abandon the previous edition for the new edition, dump the old edition for next to nothing.

Blergh, that's a bit gross.

Looking over at the comments, it looks like reactions to this "upgrade pack" are being met with a similar response. Not much has changed, I guess.

So what is your guys opinion on Pathfinder Adventure Card game? I like co-op game and it seems like LOTR LCG but without all the pain of building decks.

Is it worth investing the time and money? We sort of gave up on LOTR, it's just too complicate for the casual players.

zulux21

So what is your guys opinion on Pathfinder Adventure Card game? I like co-op game and it seems like LOTR LCG but without all the pain of building decks.

Is it worth investing the time and money? We sort of gave up on LOTR, it's just too complicate for the casual players.

I like it, it's a bit of a pain to get going the first time unless you have someone that has played (but a lot of games are) but once you get it down it runs fairly well (and it's not like you can't rescale it if you feel it's being to hard by adding more time to the game as the game plays in 30 turns period)

I also feel that it plays a lot better with 2-3 players then it does with 5 (I haven't tried it with 4 yet but that is what boardgamegeek recommends) it's not that it's unfun with 5, it's still decently fun, but you really have to rush.... instead of feeling like you can explore to find some new items it feels like you have to rush to finish ASAP (with 5 players and rushing we have either won with 1-2 turns to go, or lost by running out of turns where 2-5 more turns would have let us win... thus it's decently balanced for 5 but you can't do 5 without an expansion)

I was at least impressed enough with it that I bought it and it's expansions... which given my board game collection is only worth around 1k or so, and that is $100 of it, should say something.

my general recommendation with a board game like this is always though.... locate a local con that has a board game room, and go to it and try out new games, or look for people who already own it.... though to be fair some of my favorite games were blind buys (legenerday for example) but I found some other games by going to cons and trying random games (like Hanabi)

Thanks zulux21. I did blind buy Legendary also but sadly no one in my family enjoy it (including me) so it just sat in the box pretty much.

I like that there are plenty of expansion for Pathfinder and look like game you can keep playing. Do you have to play the expansion in order? and do you add expansion into the core set? I saw like 4-5 expansion at the B&N so that would add sizable card to the core set.

zulux21

Thanks zulux21. I did blind buy Legendary also but sadly no one in my family enjoy it (including me) so it just sat in the box pretty much.

I like that there are plenty of expansion for Pathfinder and look like game you can keep playing. Do you have to play the expansion in order? and do you add expansion into the core set? I saw like 4-5 expansion at the B&N so that would add sizable card to the core set.

I just thew the expansions into the base box as they easily fit and while they have some slightly stronger items your odds of getting them early are low, and they aren't game breaking powerful... plus for the more powerful items you get, you also get some more powerful monsters, so it balances out :p

in general I like to watch videos like stuff from dice tower to get a gist of how something will play to help me decide if I will enjoy it at all. I don't always (or even usually) agree with Tom, but they usually do a decent job of explaining how the game works, and how much content a game offers

As for lengendary if you disliked it in general that's a shame, but not every game appeals to everyone (for example I dislike dominion) if you just wish it offered a better challenge, and a bit more content the dark city expansion really helped me. When I played the base game I enjoyed legendary, but it wasn't my favorite, but I decided to get the first expansion for the heck of it after seeing what it offered, and seeing if it would help (I needed another co op game for my gaming group, and I liked the idea of basically co op Ascension) After getting dark city I liked it a lot more. The enemies are more interesting, the schemes are more interesting, and over all each time playing feels more unique. But again if you didn't like the game in general, then the expansion won't magically make you like the game... it merely helps if you just found the game ok.

I like the mechanic of Legendary and I do enjoy deck building game in general (including dominion) but as you mention I find the game to be just OK. May be expansion as you suggest might help but I am not sure if I want to sink more money into a game no one in my house want to play. For some reason they all prefer to play the DC Deckbuilding game.

zulux21

I like the mechanic of Legendary and I do enjoy deck building game in general (including dominion) but as you mention I find the game to be just OK. May be expansion as you suggest might help but I am not sure if I want to sink more money into a game no one in my house want to play. For some reason they all prefer to play the DC Deckbuilding game.

Ah I have that one as well... I didn't mind the DC one, it's just very simple. I need to at some point obtain the DC deckbuilding game expansion and see if it's more enjoyable with more randomness to it. In general I feel like the DC one is a great intro game to either ascension or legendary as it isn't as complex (as it only has the single source to buy stuff with).

So now you have me curious... what are the most complex games you play... as if you don't play very many complex games pathfinder could be tricky to get into as it will likely take an hour to even grasp the rules enough to try playing, let alone fully understanding them... I mean, it's not a super hard game to play once you have it (only major confusion once you know the rules is the difference between discard, recharge, banish, exhaust when it comes to cards.... I think I got those terms right it's been a while since I last played) it's just that there are a lot of rules and set up to the game. It's far simpler then teaching someone the pathfinder system from scratch (unless that person played D&D 3.5 before) but still not as easy as the DC game to play.

Has anyone played this game?

I only played one round and led a full game with a group of kids, but I'd like to know your thoughts. I like the concept, but I'd need to play a full game to get a better sense of it.
I thought it was ok. The sun mechanic is really neat. Getting the sun to do what you want it to do was a good puzzle. However, the rest of the game was kind of forgettable. Also there is very little in the way of player interaction.

Ah I have that one as well... I didn't mind the DC one, it's just very simple. I need to at some point obtain the DC deckbuilding game expansion and see if it's more enjoyable with more randomness to it. In general I feel like the DC one is a great intro game to either ascension or legendary as it isn't as complex (as it only has the single source to buy stuff with).

So now you have me curious... what are the most complex games you play... as if you don't play very many complex games pathfinder could be tricky to get into as it will likely take an hour to even grasp the rules enough to try playing, let alone fully understanding them... I mean, it's not a super hard game to play once you have it (only major confusion once you know the rules is the difference between discard, recharge, banish, exhaust when it comes to cards.... I think I got those terms right it's been a while since I last played) it's just that there are a lot of rules and set up to the game. It's far simpler then teaching someone the pathfinder system from scratch (unless that person played D&D 3.5 before) but still not as easy as the DC game to play.

The most complex game I play currently is probably LOTR LCG and Star Wars LCG. We also play Thunderstone, 7 Wonders, Ascension, Smallworld, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, lately we have been playing a lot of Cutthroat. We also play a lot of Magic. I don't have aversion to complex game mechanic but sadly beside my son, the rest of the family and not so hard core gamers friends are really not into learning rules. My wife refuse to play anything more complex than Ticket to Ride.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed

I really liked it until we realized how to use our characters better. Now we steamroll. :(

zulux21

The most complex game I play currently is probably LOTR LCG and Star Wars LCG. We also play Thunderstone, 7 Wonders, Ascension, Smallworld, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, lately we have been playing a lot of Cutthroat. We also play a lot of Magic. I don't have aversion to complex game mechanic but sadly beside my son, the rest of the family and not so hard core gamers friends are really not into learning rules. My wife refuse to play anything more complex than Ticket to Ride.

on the plus side pathfinder is co op, on the minus side it's quite a bit more complicated then ticket to ride.

I really liked it until we realized how to use our characters better. Now we steamroll. :(

I haven't run into this issue yet, though I suppose if I rushed it like I have to in a 5 person game in a 2-3 person game it would be pretty easy... but i've only once had a 5 person game be a stream roll

I didn't really mind Splendor one way or the other. It's a good gateway or opener which you can play a couple rounds in quick succession before something heavier comes along.

We really liked Splendor. It's not the greatest thing or anything amazing, but it's a light fun game we enjoyed playing, with nice production values.

Icefire1424

Anyone have any experience using BGG's Marketplace to get a game? Probably more for nostalgia's sake than anything, but I really want another copy of Heroquest since who knows what happened to the one I had as a kid. Ebay / Amazon sellers asking crazy amounts, BGG seemed like the best option since it's a game-exclusive site - most users seem to be like-minded individuals in it more for the games than profit. .

Seems like it's well managed enough, but I can see the potential for some shenanigans anyways.

Any feedback one way or another?

Karkador

Banned
Anyone have any experience using BGG's Marketplace to get a game? Probably more for nostalgia's sake than anything, but I really want another copy of Heroquest since who knows what happened to the one I had as a kid. Ebay / Amazon sellers asking crazy amounts, BGG seemed like the best option since it's a game-exclusive site - most users seem to be like-minded individuals in it more for the games than profit. .

Seems like it's well managed enough, but I can see the potential for some shenanigans anyways.

I've bought, sold, and traded things on BGG without much issue. Every user has feedback ratings you can check before doing business with them. The worst thing about it is that shipping board games can be expensive (thanks, publishers insisting on huge boxes)

I've bought a number of games off of the marketplace with no issue. Of course it's always buyer beware, but as long as you check the sellers rating you should be fine.

ultron87

This Grantland article about tournament level Diplomacy is great: http://grantland.com/features/diplomacy-the-board-game-of-the-alpha-nerds/

While I'd probably be okay with playing Diplomacy again at some point in the future in a "casual" setting playing it in competitive tournament setting sounds like the worst thing ever. Back in college we ran a couple one move per day games in our house. It was fun but definitely increased the level of mistrust and paranoia about people simply talking in the house to a degree that was not ideal.

At this point I'd probably rather just play Game of Thrones to get a similar experience in a third of the time. If I'm going to play something for 8 hours it'll be Twilight Imperium.

Neverfade

This Grantland article about tournament level Diplomacy is great: http://grantland.com/features/diplomacy-the-board-game-of-the-alpha-nerds/

While I'd probably be okay with playing Diplomacy again at some point in the future in a "casual" setting playing it in competitive tournament setting sounds like the worst thing ever. Back in college we ran a couple one move per day games in our house. It was fun but definitely increased the level of mistrust and paranoia about people simply talking in the house to a degree that was not ideal.

At this point I'd probably rather just play Game of Thrones to get a similar experience in a third of the time. If I'm going to play something for 8 hours it'll be Twilight Imperium.

Tournament level Diplomacy sounds like something dog rapists would be into. My suspicions are confirmed by the Edi Birsan exchange in that story.

You don't typically want to play diplomacy in one go, like at my friends office they ran a game over weeks. Essentially doing a turn, leaving the board set up at work and basically going along and plotting for the next day, etc. Game can go long so it's best to set up and do it in bits over time, also creates lot more douche baggery behind the scenes that way

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's pretty hilarious. I honestly don't get tournament-level any game that has a very strong element of relying on others to win. Like I remember these huge Catan tournaments. Why!? I mean basically you win Catan because someone made a dumb trade with you or decided to block your neighbor instead of you. I guess you could say it is testing diplomacy skills, but eh...those types of moves are usually pretty fickle and thoughtless.

Oh well, whatever people enjoy. :)

That's pretty hilarious. I honestly don't get tournament-level any game that has a very strong element of relying on others to win. Like I remember these huge Catan tournaments. Why!? I mean basically you win Catan because someone made a dumb trade with you or decided to block your neighbor instead of you. I guess you could say it is testing diplomacy skills, but eh...those types of moves are usually pretty fickle and thoughtless.

Oh well, whatever people enjoy. :)
I'm with you. It seems like you need to be a real savvy player to be able to manipulate other players to position yourself to win.

A guy in my game group won the Catan regionals and will be heading to Gen Con to play for Nationals. He said that during him last game he got very little trade opportunities. I can't imagine how hard it would be to win when you don't get trades.

Faiz

My wife stopped in at Something to Do, one of our FLGS, while taking our kid to play at the mall and found they had one copy of Caverna, and at a 10% discount to boot. Happy day! Only difference between the CSI order then was the taxes.

So glad I'm not waiting for the next print run which granted is probably gonna be in next month, but can't wait to play.

WonderPup

So, this is my first time wandering into Board Gaming GAF. I was looking over the pictures in the OT, and one caught my eye in particular. It had a striking resemblance to HeroQuest, a game that's fondly entrenched in my memories, but it was a little off. I did some digging, and it's HeroQuest 25th.

It looks like there was an IP dispute over its KickStarter, so the team moved elsewhere and decided to try and launch it, anyway. Does anyone have more information than that? I know they've got a website -- http://www.heroquestclassic.com/ -- but what else? Are they in a hold pattern? Did anyone here fund it?

I'm curious, because the original game was fantastic. I'd like to pick up a copy of this one if it looks like it'll ever be released.

fenners

It looks like there was an IP dispute over its KickStarter, so the team moved elsewhere and decided to try and launch it, anyway. Does anyone have more information than that? I know they've got a website -- http://www.heroquestclassic.com/ -- but what else? Are they in a hold pattern? Did anyone here fund it?

I'm curious, because the original game was fantastic. I'd like to pick up a copy of this one if it looks like it'll ever be released.

They don't have any rights to use the name outside of Spain (and even then, their rights are dodgy). They got kicked of kickstarter because of that. Don't give them your money.

Neverfade

? I might be having a dense moment, but I've never heard a joke made about the name and I've been going to their stores for about 25 years, lol.

"It's something to do" is a phrase I generally hear in the context of attempting to convince someone to do something mildly entertaining at best.

Icefire1424

So, this is my first time wandering into Board Gaming GAF. I was looking over the pictures in the OT, and one caught my eye in particular. It had a striking resemblance to HeroQuest, a game that's fondly entrenched in my memories, but it was a little off. I did some digging, and it's HeroQuest 25th.

Was keeping a close eye on that one as well, think I'm finally coming to terms that it's just not happening, unfortunately.

However, always hear great things about Descent, and if you need that Heroquest fix, there usually are several copies available in the BGG marketplace (for a cost, though.).

Faiz

"It's something to do" is a phrase I generally hear in the context of attempting to convince someone to do something mildly entertaining at best.

Honestly it's never even occurred to me like that.

But hey, they've been around for decades, and in relatively expensive mall space, so they're doing something right.

Thrak360

Neo Member
Zombies!!! Deadtime Stories should be arriving this Friday at my house. It looks to add some deeper game play to the standard game and take it in a bit of a different direction. As an unabashed lover of this simple game, I'm curious how everything will mesh at the end of the day. I have everything they've ever released for the game, so I should be able to take full advantage of the book.

Pleade do post some impressions when you've had a chance to play with this. I saw this expansion at BGG, and am very curious abut it. I don't even have the base game yet, but it's on my wish list. I was thinking the base game (Second Edition is the latest?) along with Deadtime might be a good purchase, because having solo variants is important to me. And to my knowledge, the base Zombies!!! doesn't include solo or co-op variants. I know I could just grab solo variants from BGG, but kind of interested what Twilight includes in Deadtime relating to this.

Pleade do post some impressions when you've had a chance to play with this. I saw this expansion at BGG, and am very curious abut it. I don't even have the base game yet, but it's on my wish list. I was thinking the base game (Second Edition is the latest?) along with Deadtime might be a good purchase, because having solo variants is important to me. And to my knowledge, the base Zombies!!! doesn't include solo or co-op variants. I know I could just grab solo variants from BGG, but kind of interested what Twilight includes in Deadtime relating to this.

Zombies!!! is one of the easiest games I own to house rule. The included rules are pretty basic.

As far as "essentials" in the series, I would list Zombies 5 for the addition of "guts" tokens and Zombies 6 for adding the sewer system. Zombies 5 also adds tiles for a school.

Other expansions I like and why include Zombies 4. It is a stand alone (that can be mixed with the existing sets of course) that adds outdoor tiles, zombie dogs, and is loosely based on Evil Dead. The last expansion, #12 adds zoo tiles and zombie lions, tigers, polar bears, hyenas, monkeys and gorillas. It's fun to mix it up with the different creatures.

Last but not least are all the different tile sets and themes.

2-Military base tiles + glow in the dark "super zombies"
3-Shopping Mall tiles
7-Circus tiles + zombie clowns
8-Prision based tiles
9-Cemetery based tiles
11-Adds office tiles

Of course, the Humans!!! game and it's expansions also work with Zombies.

If one was inclined, they could create a massive board utilizing all the tiles and tell one giant story. For co-op play, just go through all the decks and take out the "screw your neighbor" cards and have at it. One thing we have done in the past is create multiple objectives and make everyone work together.

As a standing house rule, we use the character miniatures from Zombicide and if/when we die, we replace it with the Zombicide's "zombie" version and it acts as a super zombie.

I should get my package today. I'll post a review later!

I thought it was ok. The sun mechanic is really neat. Getting the sun to do what you want it to do was a good puzzle. However, the rest of the game was kind of forgettable. Also there is very little in the way of player interaction.

That's sort of my impression. A lot of games eurogames are less interactive and more "who can have the best optimal play".

Dragoshi1

Is it possible to play marvel dicemasters with only booster packs?

I cannot track the starter down, but EVERY Target in my area carries the boosters in plenty.

And how many should I buy?

I cannot track the starter down, but EVERY Target in my area carries the boosters in plenty.

Here is the action cards and the proxies instructions from Wizkids.
http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/71298-Starter-Cards-for-Marvel_pv.pdf

Each booster has two cards and two dice. You should get enough to field at least two dice for at least four characters. The problem is the dice and cards are different from each other in each booster. So you have to go digging. Exactly how many packs you need to buy is unknown since the distribution is random.

XShagrath

Whereabouts are you located? I've never seen any boosters at my local Targets. I'm wondering if a restock is coming our way soon.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
More info on the Twilight Struggle Collector's Edition that's available at the higher tiers of the digital Kickstarter:

So, what’s going to be in the Collector’s Edition of Twilight Struggle? Here’s what you’ll get:

Game Box: We’ve listened to your feedback, and have decided to go with a wooden box with a hinged top – really high quality and really easy to access. We’re not altogether certain on the depth yet, but it’s looking like a 4” deep box, the deepest we’ve ever produced for one of our games. We don’t want you to have any worries about being able to fit all the cool components in the box, so we’re going big here.

Cards: The cards will have a new and unique graphic layout, especially for this edition of the game. The CE will also include sleeves for all cards.

Map: We’re going with an even thicker, more durable map than the one that’s in our Deluxe Edition (and our players like that one a LOT!). And like the cards, the map is going to get a completely new graphic treatment for the CE.

Counters: We are upgrading from cardboard counters in the CE to give you guys high-quality, stamped wooden pieces.

Miniatures: The CE will include five metal miniatures to adorn several of your game tracks and add some cold war theme to your game play! We’re keeping the type/identity of these miniatures to ourselves for now. We want to surprise you!

Rules and Player Aids: This is an area where we’re pretty much going with what we already have in the Deluxe Edition – thick paper/cards, full color throughout, with perhaps a bit more thickness and better coating.

Dice: You’ll get two custom molded plastic “thematic” dice. We seriously considered metal dice, but all the ones we’ve ever used tend to flake from impact over time, so we decided to go with some high quality molded dice instead.

A Fabric Bag: To hold the game pieces.

Certificate of Authenticity: Signed by the Designers

Here is the action cards and the proxies instructions from Wizkids.
http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/71298-Starter-Cards-for-Marvel_pv.pdf

Each booster has two cards and two dice. You should get enough to field at least two dice for at least four characters. The problem is the dice and cards are different from each other in each booster. So you have to go digging. Exactly how many packs you need to buy is unknown since the distribution is random.

As long as you just want to play, and dont care about rare stuff, you can also just buy the singles of tons of the dice/cards for less than a dollar each on places like cool stuff.

fenners

TS looks really nice -- now will I ever find the time and right situation to play it? :p

BGG.Con? Happy to teach ;) I'll actually have an android smartphone this year & can 'hang out' as the kids call it.

Sorely tempted by that deluxe edition, but I know I really shouldn't plonk down the cash despite it being a favourite.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
TS looks really nice -- now will I ever find the time and right situation to play it? :p

I find it hard enough to find people to play it with myself...maybe we can do a local game some time. ;P

There's always the Wargameroom implementation, though it's a bit clunky at times.

Oh man! I just ordered the first two expansion kits for Cosmic Encounter. The game is so good!

Anyway, did one of you guys play Seasons? A friend is recommending it, but I am bit scared to buy it. Board game geek's recommended player count is 2. And I do not want to pay that much for a board game which is too boring for 4 players.

hat_hair

Oh man! I just ordered the first two expansion kits for Cosmic Encounter. The game is so good!

Anyway, did one of you guys play Seasons? A friend is recommending it, but I am bit scared to buy it. Board game geek's recommended player count is 2. And I do not want to pay that much for a board game which is too boring for 4 players.

I played Seasons with 4 recently, and enjoyed it just fine. I haven't played more than once, but it felt like a game that would hold up to repeated play.

Also, thumbs up for Cosmic Encounter.

Top Bottom