• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lumines Producer: Major Vita Games in the Works

So what is the point of not announcing them?

To get people who sold their launch Vitas on Craig's list to buy them again?

I can see not announcing games that Sony (or the company in question) doesn't really plan on making - Gran Turismo, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, The Elder Scrolls, since there was the backlash when the game either gets canceled (DMC, TES), seemingly forgotten (RE), a half-assed job (GT)

But if there are games that are actually going to come out within a year or two, announce them.

I guess they don't want the same thing happening where they got shitted on for those games that either came out way late or were eventually cancelled.

Not sure if the Nintendo method works for them either tbh

gogogow

If it wasn't for the 3DS and MH4 was totally exclusive for vita yes, now? No not at all..

You mean Capcom can't release a different MH for the Vita, only MH4? Even if the Vita only gets MH4, people still have the choice between the Vita version or the 3DS version.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I predicted MHP would save the PSP even before the first game ever released in 2005. Back then, I also said that if Sony were smart, then they would be hard at work on their very own in-house, MH inspired Pokemon killer. I honestly still feel that way.

Having a PokeMonHun level game only works to its potential when the game is exclusive. When Vita receives its first MonHun it will definitely help boost the platform, but not to the same affect it had when it was a portable exclusive.

Sony needs to have their very own game that has the appeal and popularity of games like Pokemon and MonHun that can never be made for a competing platform. I am pretty surprised that Sony had not yet invested considerable manpower and money into developing a game like that.

GDGF

Soothsayer
You mean Capcom can't release a different MH for the Vita, only MH4? Even if the Vita only gets MH4, people still have the choice between the Vita version or the 3DS version.

Yep, and since MH is a social game where your gameplay opportunities hinge on the assumption that you and your friends have the same portable game system, one can imagine that the 3DS version would be the one selling gangbusters.

(actually, going by that logic, every 3DS system Nintendo sells makes the chance of a Vita version eventually arriving slimmer and slimmer)

Yup would be amazing. If MH releases for Vita I'm definitely playing it there rather than the 3DS. I'm just saying it's not going to mean all that much for PSV sales.

Honestly, at this point I just want MHP3rd for the west. Jinouga is so badass.

I knew it was mielke so reading topic as 'lumines producer' was kind of amusing.

might still be too little too late. only thing it needs is monster hunter.

Kyoufu

Their main competitor has a huge momentum, is cheaper and now has access to the MH franchise (in the form of MH 4). I don't quite see MH doing for PSV what it did for PSP, not to mention PSV is currently pretty much dead in Japan.

Monster Hunter fans will get their MH fix on any platform. I don't see why 3DS is being mentioned here. Why would I not buy MH for Vita?

I really hope the Vita does start having games I'm interested in.

I'm interested in the hardware, and Gravity Rush. But that's it and that is not enough to have me spending around 35,000 yen on a portable.

Boney

Banned
Because (in the case of Japan anyway) all your friends would have the 3DS version.

All-My-Friends-Are-Dead-Monsen-Avery-9780811874557.jpg

I think Resistance Vita is on 5/29/2012.

I sure hope we'll see those games during E3.

Just going by Shinobi's tweet.

PSV「RESISTANCE アメリカ最後の抵抗」7月12日。4980円。最大8人のサバイバルや4対4のオンラインモード搭載。

8 person survival mode and 4vs4 online mode, as well.

teepo

if every extend extra ever gets the same sort of makeover lumines got on the vita, my purchase will be fully justified. just saying...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Because (in the case of Japan anyway) all your friends would have the 3DS version.

Nearly 5 million people have bought the last PSP MH game

around 1.5 million people have bought MH3G

The userbase hasn't moved in earnest yet - hell those MH3G numbers are more inline with MH3 figures. Maybe it's just Wii players jumping in ? ;)

End of the day - Sony have a countdown to doom ... they've got until MH4 to show MH on the Vita and i don't think it can be MH4 - has to be something different because the same game on the Vita isn't particularly going to help them -that- much.

MH4 for 3DS is going to be sales asteroid time for Sony unless they get their finger out.

Sony hasn't exactly been shy in the past about announcing games that are a year or more from release, so... yeah, believe it when I see it.

Sony's problem is that Nintendo laid all their cards on the table last September, and reaped immediate benefits. Being coy and waiting for conference megatons isn't very smart when your direct competitor is racing out to a 20 million unit lead.

Corto

Maybe it's possible that Sony has been heavily in development of a first party Monster Hunter killer.

A new IP needs time and 2-3 iterations to mature and achieve critical mass to skyrocket the sales and become a system seller.

Edit: and needs to be good. Indisputable good.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
There will be good games. Problem for the platform at large is how relevant will the platform be by time the games get released? If it's stuff slated for beyond 2012 the platform is going to be in a huge hole by then. It's not that Sony won't have some interesting games.

It's more will Sony have any thing to really push momentum of the system without waiting another 12 months for everything else entertainment wise to keep building their own momentum.

Nearly 5 million people have bought the last PSP MH game

around 1.5 million people have bought MH3G

The userbase hasn't moved in earnest yet - hell those MH3G numbers are more inline with MH3 figures. Maybe it's just Wii players jumping in ? ;)

End of the day - Sony have a countdown to doom ... they've got until MH4 to show MH on the Vita and i don't think it can be MH4 - has to be something different because the same game on the Vita isn't particularly going to help them -that- much.

MH4 for 3DS is going to be sales asteroid time for Sony unless they get their finger out.

You're making it all sound like a grand battle, or some type of emergence day referring to the release of the colossal MH4!

edit - I like it

cyborg009

Banned
A new IP needs time and 2-3 iterations to mature and achieve critical mass to skyrocket the sales and become a system seller.

Edit: and needs to be good. Indisputable good.

to be honest SCEJ kinda fail to make a giant new IP on PSP while it was peaking

mangaroo

Banned
What SCE published game released 7 years after announcement?

The longest gap between announcement and release I can think of is GT5 and that was ~5 years.

I could have sworn GT for PSP was due even longer.

Edit: Just did a quick check, same 5 years. But still, not expecting anything too surprising for this year to be honest. If something special turns up by winter I'd be impressed. Not that I desperately need more titles, Wipeout and Lumines eat away hours.

Just wish JSR was coming to the Vita. Rez would do too. Which was actually co-developed by Q entertainment. That would be too good.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Just wish JSR was coming to the Vita. Rez would do too. Which was actually co-developed by Q entertainment. That would be too good.
There were rumours of a JSR for Wii U and Vita being developed by Headstrong Games that was cancelled with Sega's restructuring.

ReaperXL7

Gaf: Vita Support already Dying!!!

Developer: No it's not, games are coming, (probably) some pretty big ones.

Gaf: No it's still Dying!!! Stop lying lumines guy!!

Just goes round, and round in Vita threads. Why not just make one big thread at this point titled "Hey come troll the Vita it's a party!" would that not save alot more time?

mangaroo

Banned
FFFFFFFFFF all the info about JSR for vita plans being cancelled...that would have been amazing :'( Can't be bothered to play it again on a home console, barely even turn them on anymore.

dual analogs, better graphics, (hopefully) online mode

Who says MH4 on 3DS won't have online?

I honestly think the only reason Tri G didn't was because it was a port and not a mainline title. They probably thought a port wouldn't have the legs of a true sequel since MH4 was already announced and thus didn't put the resources into a server.

Gaf: Vita Support already Dying!!!

Developer: No it's not, games are coming, (probably) some pretty big ones.

Gaf: No it's still Dying!!! Stop lying lumines guy!!

Just goes round, and round in Vita threads. Why not just make one big thread at this point titled "Hey come troll the Vita it's a party!" would that not save alot more time?

Mielke isn't a liar as long as he believes what he's saying...

ReaperXL7

Mielke isn't a liar as long as he believes what he's saying...

I would think that if he's even making statements like this that he's probably atleast seen some of the games that he's claiming are coming. Why else would he make the claim?

I don't see how him saying this would automatically sell copies of lumines either. There is a chance people would buy it if they pick up a Vita, but saying that more games are coming would not guarantee more sales of LES.

Top Bottom