• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm 27 and my pet peeve is when people get mad because I didn't play X or Y game on the SNES

I'm sorry I wasn't picking games to buy when I was 3-6 years old

You don't have be to 3-6 years old to play link to the past or Super Mario World. What people are mad about is that they never played them later on in life. It's a silly thing to get mad about, but if you are 27 and have never played them yet, do it now. They still hold up very well. It's like when some one says "I've never seen Star Wars"... that in itself is ok, but the fact that it's now a pop culter phenomenon and has been crazy popluar with tons of re releases and stuff for decades... it's almost like you are going out of your way not to watch it.

IH8ifsV.jpg

It is a good video game

e: I do have to say though that this is just more Splatoon as a guy who played Splatoon 1(well there are changes just not that big!). This isn't necessarily a bad thing though.

imBask

Banned
You don't have be to 3-6 years old to play link to the past or Super Mario World. What people are mad about is that they never played them later on in life. It's a silly thing to get mad about, but if you are 27 and have never played them yet, do it now. They still hold up very well. It's like when some one says "I've never seen Star Wars"... that in itself is ok, but the fact that it's now a pop culter phenomenon and has been crazy popluar with tons of re releases and stuff for decades... it's almost like you are going out of your way not to watch it.

(I've played world and lttp)

I know what you mean but... there are too many things in life to see everything that is "pop culture" or "iconic". I've probably seen/played iconinc things that you haven't seen/played, and vice versa. That's just life...

ESPECIALLY if you're from another country/culture (like I am), which has it's own subset of "iconic" movies and music and blablabla, taking even more time away from what YOU consider iconic

Lunar FC

Anybody here have any thoughts on The Surge? Was kind of into it before release but never got it due to middling reviews. Never been much into souls-like (can't believe I just said that phrase) types of games but I liked the setting and the combat looked interesting at least. Just looking for something to play to tide me over until Wolfie.

Anybody here have any thoughts on The Surge? Was kind of into it before release but never got it due to middling reviews. Never been much into souls-like (can't believe I just said that phrase) types of games but I liked the setting and the combat looked interesting at least. Just looking for something to play to tide me over until Wolfie.

I really liked it, I played about 10 hours or so and got distracted with some other games, I plan on coming back to it eventually, but what I played I enjoyed, I'm not sure I would recommend it at full price but if you can get a decent deal on it I would definitely recommend it. I found it to be overall easier than Souls games but had some difficulty spikes in spots that were kind of frustrating, nothing I couldn't eventually get past.

derFeef

I think it's pretty fantastic on it's own but I also think it's a pretty great such kind of game.
Just be sure to be resistent to a bit of frustration.

Lunar FC

I really liked it, I played about 10 hours or so and got distracted with some other games, I plan on coming back to it eventually, but what I played I enjoyed, I'm not sure I would recommend it at full price but if you can get a decent deal on it I would definitely recommend it. I found it to be overall easier than Souls games but had some difficulty spikes in spots that were kind of frustrating, nothing I couldn't eventually get past.

I think it's pretty fantastic on it's own but I also think it's a pretty great such kind of game.
Just be sure to be resistant to a bit of frustration.

Ah nice. I'm glad to here. I looked at it during the steam sale but decided against it. I just realized there is a demo out for it on steam so I'm going to check that out now.

Also, I'm going to add some of y'all that are in the gbgaf steam group. I plan to be playing the majority of my games on PC going forward and literally have 3 steam friend currently. 😅

I'm about to turn 23. My first consoles were N64 and Gameboy Color. I played colorful kids games and Myst on the PC earlier than that.

Overall I have no interest in games that come before that era. Mario platformers are the exception. Didn't enjoy FFIV much.

Kimaka

The first console I got into was the PS1 then the Gameboy Color. We had a NES and a Genesis before the PS1, but since I was like three and barely played them I don't really count them as my first consoles.

Never played a Mario game more than a few hours and I don't plan to since I'm not into platformers. The only Zelda game I've played was Wind Waker, but I didn't finish that.

I actively dislike Dark Souls and I was really enjoying The Surge until I got to the first boss, then it got too punishing for me.

I actively dislike Dark Souls and I was really enjoying The Surge until I got to the first boss, then it got too punishing for me.

The first boss was a poor decision on the dev's part, because it's a gimmick boss. You're not supposed to fight it straight up. They should've made it like the third boss or something.

The first boss was a poor decision on the dev's part, because it's a gimmick boss. You're not supposed to fight it straight up. They should've made it like the third boss or something.

Wait really? I beat my head against that thing so many times that I was convinced I must be doing something wrong. I guess I was right...

daveo42

Banned
I find that no matter the combination of ingredients I choose at subway the sandwiches always taste pretty much the same.

Yeah, no matter what, everything tastes bland. Getting that cheese-crusted bread and adding in some spicy options helps, but even then every sub tastes like all the other ones. I haven't had Subway in at least a year and I'd rather just go to Penn Station if I'm hungry for a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom