• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NY Mayor confirms explosion as 'terrorist attack'

Heh, you live in fantasy world where you are kept alive without sacrificing any life forms.

It's the same deluded world where you thought out of nowhere this group of extremists suddenly hate the western world. Yeah, but not disproportionately against the likes of Asia and Africa that made up 70% of the world population. Ever wonder why? You were never once barbaric and implicit in so many wars against so many foreign nations for the past century? Wasn't it something like 7-8 wars for America in the last century compare to 1 for filthy communist China?

China has had wars with Tibet, the UN in Korea, Vietnam, India, Taiwan and the Soviet Union. And they have an islamic insurgency themselves that is being suppressed quite brutally with methods Trump could not dream of.

Mohonky

Heh, you live in fantasy world where you are kept alive without sacrificing any life forms.

It's the same deluded world where you thought out of nowhere this group of extremists suddenly hate the western world. Yeah, but not disproportionately against the likes of Asia and Africa that made up 70% of the world population. Ever wonder why? You were never once barbaric and implicit in so many wars against so many foreign nations for the past century? Wasn't it something like 7-8 wars for America in the last century compare to 1 for filthy communist China?

Should black people see police brutality and the continue systemic discrimination as acts of wars like you do too? What makes your dilemma so special?

It's foolish to take peace talk seriously when it's like the wolf crying among the sheeps when a few of them has a strong desire to take you out even if them end up kamikaze themselves.

Simply drop the pretense and liberate yourself, when you war mongers lack is a reason to nuke them completely. Left or right, it doesn't matter.

Most of you are seething with anger and likely the next culprit for mass shootings. Might as well shipped yourself to Middle East, broadcast your white power lingos through Twitch and take it out on them instead of shooting your own countrymen.

Who is this collective you are talking about?

You keep saying 'you' implying someone or some group but never actually saying who 'you' is?

JordanN

Banned
How exactly will you discourage a suicide bomber ?
How do you stop someone from shoplifting from a store?

Fight back, make it hard for them to commit the crime in the first place like increasing security, survey suspects for any suspicious activity. That's the whole purpose of having an anti-terror unit.
Notice how these terrorists aren't just walking around with giant TNT crates in their hand and ready to blow up? They're already up against a society that's ready to pin them against the wall when they plan on striking.

Usobuko

Banned
China has had wars with Tibet, the UN in Korea, Vietnam, India, Taiwan and the Soviet Union. And they have an islamic insurgency themselves that is being suppressed quite brutally with methods Trump could not dream of.

Wow, So the US is as bad or worse than China for the past century. Think of China's reputation among western countries and now picture the US in the same light.

Can't? Fret not.

If you can, you should realize that you are perfectly conceivable of far greater war atrocities. You just need a reason because you need to maintain the hypocritical good image to keep the world order where you're at the top.

Regardless, the post I was responding was one deluded of the West's barbaric tendencies and it seems like NONE of you could contest otherwise. It's like a Christian guilty of pedophilia act yet continue convincing himself he will go to Heaven.

If I am Muslim or from Middle East, I will never be mistaken that the western nations could collectively be implicit to nuke the place down and not feel a shard of remorse for the destruction. And I'm not even one.

Mohonky

Wow, So the US is as bad or worse than China for the past century. Think of China's reputation among western countries and now picture the US in the same light.

Can't? Fret not.

If you can, you should realize that you are perfectly conceivable of far greater war atrocities. You just need a reason because you need to maintain the hypocritical good image to keep the world order where you're at the top.

Regardless, the post I was responding was one deluded of the West's barbaric tendencies and it seems like NONE of you could contest otherwise. It's like a Christian guilty of pedophilia act yet continue convincing himself he will go to Heaven.

If I am Muslim or from Middle East, I will never be mistaken that the western nations could collectively be implicit to nuke the place down and not feel a shard of remorse for the destruction. And I'm not even one.

Again, who are you talking about?

Breakage

It's astonishing how unremarkable an event such as this has become. Over here in the UK, the news has moved on from it already. Even when it was breaking, it didn't stay in the headlines for long. I guess people have become used to it.

Caboose

Lmao this fucking thread reads almost like a Breitbart comment section
mjlol.png
GAF in 2018 gonna be a hilarious trainwreck.

BANGS

Banned
can the radical left and radical right just come together, call radical muslims nazis, and embrace the common enemy? That seems to be the only time you guys can give a shit about anything is by hating someone...

Bolivar687

Banned
It's astonishing how unremarkable an event such as this has become. Over here in the UK, the news has moved on from it already. Even when it was breaking, it didn't stay in the headlines for long. I guess people have become used to it.

There was similar feeling to the NYC terrorist attack on Halloween. It's concerning how quickly the media moves on to resume its partisanship.

Dude Abides

Banned
can the radical left and radical right just come together, call radical muslims nazis, and embrace the common enemy? That seems to be the only time you guys can give a shit about anything is by hating someone...

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Dunki

Its a one day thing. Example: Police just found hidden 200 automatic Bullets near to a christmasmarket. It was news for like half a day here in Germany.

A Week before they had a huge razzia arresting people who also plant huge attacks on 3 markets as well. It is getting totally ignored.

Alx

There's no reason to keep it on the headlines for long, when it's only a failed attack with no casualty. Like we never hear of all the attacks that were foiled by the police before they happen. The whole point of terrorism is to spread fear among the population, the more you talk about it the worse it gets.

Just saw a photo of the guy being arrested....religion of peace at it again....not that anyone thought otherwise

And not long ago in our history, our country was dominated by Christian terrorists.

The problem with this analogue is that one side has a hatred for Nazis, and the other side has a hatred for radical Muslims, but that side treats radical Muslims as the norm and acts on that idea.

And not long ago in our history, our country was dominated by Christian terrorists.

The problem with this analogue is that one side has a hatred for Nazis, and the other side has a hatred for radical Muslims, but that side treats radical Muslims as the norm and acts on that idea.

Rolling my eyes...when exactly was the last “Christian terrorists” attack??? Would you like a list of the radical Islam Terrorist attacks for this year in 2017..better yet this month?

Rolling my eyes...when exactly was the last ”Christian terrorists" attack??? Would you like a list of the radical Islam Terrorist attacks for this year in 2017..better yet this month?

"November 29, 2015: A shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, left three dead and several injured, and a suspect Robert L. Dear was apprehended.[I 9][I 10][I 11] The suspect had previously acted against other clinics, and referred to himself as a "warrior for the babies" at his hearing.[I 12][I 13] Neighbors and former neighbors described the suspect as "reclusive",[I 10] and police from several states where the suspect resided described a history of run-ins dating from at least 1997.[I 11] As of December 2015, the trial of the suspect was open;[I 12] but, on May 11, 2016, the court declared the suspect incompetent to stand trial after a mental evaluation was completed.[I 14]"

"On August 5, 2012, a mass shooting took place at the gurdwara (Sikh temple) in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, where 40-year-old Wade Michael Page fatally shot six people and wounded four others."

"On Saturday, a 20-year-old man from Ohio allegedly rammed his car into a group of people gathered to protest a white nationalist rally, killing a 32-year old woman and injuring 19 others."

We also have the fact that we are witnessing a rise of terrorist groups that consider themselves Christian and the empowerment of the Ku Klux Klan after the GOP's win in 2016.

"November 29, 2015: A shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, left three dead and several injured, and a suspect Robert L. Dear was apprehended.[I 9][I 10][I 11] The suspect had previously acted against other clinics, and referred to himself as a "warrior for the babies" at his hearing.[I 12][I 13] Neighbors and former neighbors described the suspect as "reclusive",[I 10] and police from several states where the suspect resided described a history of run-ins dating from at least 1997.[I 11] As of December 2015, the trial of the suspect was open;[I 12] but, on May 11, 2016, the court declared the suspect incompetent to stand trial after a mental evaluation was completed.[I 14]"

"On August 5, 2012, a mass shooting took place at the gurdwara (Sikh temple) in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, where 40-year-old Wade Michael Page fatally shot six people and wounded four others."

"On Saturday, a 20-year-old man from Ohio allegedly rammed his car into a group of people gathered to protest a white nationalist rally, killing a 32-year old woman and injuring 19 others."

We also have the fact that we are witnessing a rise of terrorist groups that consider themselves Christian and the empowerment of the Ku Klux Klan after the GOP's win in 2016.

White terrorist groups are not Christian terrorists the examples you provided do not prove your case at all.

White terrorist groups are not Christian terrorists the examples you provided do not prove your case at all.

First one: "He claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic, but does not follow the Bible in his actions. He says that as long as he believes he will be saved, he can do whatever he pleases. He is obsessed with the world coming to an end."

Yeah, the first one was not about being white, unless you think that anti-abortion is uniquely white. The only way you could come to that conclusion is if your goal was to distance Christianity from the killings.

Second one, a professor assessed that it was likely to be a Christianity-based shooting.

Third one, it was an anti-Jewish rally. Ignoring the Christian component here ignores the history of antisemitism.

Ultimately, it's really interesting to me, the justification and handwaving that occurs with respect to Christian terrorism. For example, Christian terrorism, if committed against another Christian, would likely have that defense made, despite Muslim terrorism being overwhelmingly committed against Muslims. We also cannot ignore how mainstream anti-LGBT sentiments are in our society. Ted Cruz attended a "Kill the Gays" rally, and he gave a platform to the person who operated said rally. Using that platform, the person called for the death penalty against gay people to the audience, which was met with applause. As someone who is gay, I absolutely am far more fearful of Christian violence than Muslim violence. It is not that Christians stopped committing violence against gay people, it is that the law started to take it more seriously.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Lmao this fucking thread reads almost like a Breitbart comment section
mjlol.png
GAF in 2018 gonna be a hilarious trainwreck.
Having legitimate criticisms about the religion of Islam does not make us sound like breitbart. Your simplistic thinking does though

Having legitimate criticisms about the religion of Islam does not make us sound like breitbart. Your simplistic thinking does though

True. If NeoGAF, for instance, treated Christianity in the same way - especially in the U.S. since violence by Christians against LGBT people etc. is far more common than violence by Muslims against LGBT people - then it wouldn't be like Breitbart.

But since we have people like Campbell who actually think that a man who shot up a Planned Parenthood location was not a Christian terrorist despite the fact that he was a devout Christian and believed that God would forgive his actions, then I am inclined to say that this site has gone in a certain direction.

Breakage

Its a one day thing. Example: Police just found hidden 200 automatic Bullets near to a christmasmarket. It was news for like half a day here in Germany.

A Week before they had a huge razzia arresting people who also plant huge attacks on 3 markets as well. It is getting totally ignored.
Yeah, the failed London Tube bombing carried out by a child refugee earlier this year was quickly swept under the carpet, doubtless to avoid difficult questions being asked. It [Islamic terrorism] is becoming an everyday thing that is increasingly treated as if it is something that has always been a part of Western society.

I think it's sad that European Christmas markets will from now on always be surrounded by big concrete bollards to protect the public. The need for such barriers serve as a lingering reminder that we don't all "stand together" as many like to claim.

First one: "He claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic, but does not follow the Bible in his actions. He says that as long as he believes he will be saved, he can do whatever he pleases. He is obsessed with the world coming to an end."

Yeah, the first one was not about being white, unless you think that anti-abortion is uniquely white. The only way you could come to that conclusion is if your goal was to distance Christianity from the killings.

Second one, a professor assessed that it was likely to be a Christianity-based shooting.

Third one, it was an anti-Jewish rally. Ignoring the Christian component here ignores the history of antisemitism.

Ultimately, it's really interesting to me, the justification and handwaving that occurs with respect to Christian terrorism. For example, Christian terrorism, if committed against another Christian, would likely have that defense made, despite Muslim terrorism being overwhelmingly committed against Muslims. We also cannot ignore how mainstream anti-LGBT sentiments are in our society. Ted Cruz attended a "Kill the Gays" rally, and he gave a platform to the person who operated said rally. Using that platform, the person called for the death penalty against gay people to the audience, which was met with applause. As someone who is gay, I absolutely am far more fearful of Christian violence than Muslim violence. It is not that Christians stopped committing violence against gay people, it is that the law started to take it more seriously.

Again all of your examples are loose connections and a stretch; that “a professor assessed”...are you kidding me?

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
True. If NeoGAF, for instance, treated Christianity in the same way - especially in the U.S. since violence by Christians against LGBT people etc. is far more common than violence by Muslims against LGBT people - then it wouldn't be like Breitbart.

But since we have people like Campbell who actually think that a man who shot up a Planned Parenthood location was not a Christian terrorist despite the fact that he was a devout Christian and believed that God would forgive his actions, then I am inclined to say that this site has gone in a certain direction.
The whole “but Christians are violent too” is left wing whataboutism. The reality of the matter is that the vast majority of global terrorism is Islamic. Roughly 70 percents of the worlds terror acts are done by 4 Islamic groups. Christian Terrorism and violence is simply not on the same scale as Islamic violence today. Yes it’s true that Christian discrimination against LGBT people is wrong but compare the treatment of LGBT people in western Christian countries versus Islamic sharia countries and you will see that the West has made much more strive. We really need to have a national discussion on violence in Islam and we can’t do that if the left keeps up making excuses for these atrocities

Again all of your examples are loose connections and a stretch; that ”a professor assessed"...are you kidding me?

The first one literally cannot have happened without religion, because the man actively said that he was motivated to do it because he believed God would forgive him.

On that note, I guess I'd ask you to show me evidence that the shooting of the Sikh temple was due to the person's skin color.

The whole ”but Christians are violent too" is left wing whataboutism. The reality of the matter is that the vast majority of global terrorism is Islamic. Roughly 70 percents of the worlds terror acts are done by 4 Islamic groups. Christian Terrorism and violence is simply not on the same scale as Islamic violence today. Yes it's true that Christian discrimination against LGBT people is wrong but compare the treatment of LGBT people in western Christian countries versus Islamic sharia countries and you will see that the West has made much more strive. We really need to have a national discussion on Islam and we can't do that if the left keeps up making excuses for these atrocities

Not whataboutism. It is debunking the notion that people who criticize Islam in response to these attacks are objective critics of religious violence, because no serious discussion of Ted Cruz as a Christian terrorist occurred. It demonstrates a willingness to criticize Islam and absolve Christianity whenever such situations occur. I mean, Campbell here is personally arguing that a man who killed because God would forgive him wasn't killing for religious reasons.

Gay people can be killed in Middle Eastern countries with impunity because the political climate allows for it. We don't see violence in the U.S. to that extent because such actions are taken more seriously (a fact that is not an old one in this country).

JordanN

Banned

A professor must have assessed it.

I can't confirm her statement, however, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't a lot of unreported violence/harassment against LGBT by Christian.

Like how about LGBT who come out to their parents? There's documented proof Christians wildly find other means to be violent without the need of stoning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1df_i26wh-w

And again, these are the ones lucky enough to be recorded in the act.

Simple observation.

1. Muslims in the U.S. are more accepting of same-sex relations, with 52% in favor of it. Contrast that with Evangelicals, where it's 37% in favor.

2. Population-wise, such a thing is evident by likelihood.

3. Looking up examples of hate crimes against LGBT people, most of them were perpetrated by non-Muslims.

4. The advocating of anti-LGBT violence is far more common and mainstream by Christians than by Muslims. To call back to my previous example, Ted Cruz vicariously called for the death of all gay people in the United States in the context of religion.

5. Muslim domestic terrorists are relatively rare, whereas right-wing terrorists are significantly more representative among this.

Pretty much, Christians being more common perpetrators of anti-LGBT violence than Muslims in the U.S. is as common sense as it is that Muslims are more common perpetrators of anti-LGBT violence in Middle Eastern countries than Christians. Inevitably, given their majority status, they are going to commit more violence against such a group unless there's an influencing factor causing this to change.

Simple observation.

1. Muslims in the U.S. are more accepting of same-sex relations, with 52% in favor of it. Contrast that with Evangelicals, where it's 37% in favor.

3. Looking up examples of hate crimes against LGBT people, most of them were perpetrated by non-Muslims.

4. The advocating of anti-LGBT violence is far more common and mainstream by Christians than by Muslims. To call back to my previous example, Ted Cruz vicariously called for the death of all gay people in the United States in the context of religion.

5. Muslim domestic terrorists are relatively rare, whereas right-wing terrorists are significantly more representative among this.

Pretty much, Christians being more common perpetrators of anti-LGBT violence than Muslims in the U.S. is as common sense as it is that Muslims are more common perpetrators of anti-LGBT violence in Middle Eastern countries than Christians. Inevitably, given their majority status, they are going to commit more violence against such a group unless there's an influencing factor causing this to change.

I guess we’re forgetting the pulse night club, those damn Christian terororists!

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
The first one literally cannot have happened without religion, because the man actively said that he was motivated to do it because he believed God would forgive him.

On that note, I guess I'd ask you to show me evidence that the shooting of the Sikh temple was due to the person's skin color.

Not whataboutism. It is debunking the notion that people who criticize Islam in response to these attacks are objective critics of religious violence, because no serious discussion of Ted Cruz as a Christian terrorist occurred. It demonstrates a willingness to criticize Islam and absolve Christianity whenever such situations occur. I mean, Campbell here is personally arguing that a man who killed because God would forgive him wasn't killing for religious reasons.

Gay people can be killed in Middle Eastern countries with impunity because the political climate allows for it. We don't see violence in the U.S. to that extent because such actions are taken more seriously (a fact that is not an old one in this country).
I can perfectly accept that Christian terrorism is real

do you also accept that Islamic terrorism is

1. done at a much higher scale than Christian terrorism
2. Is a much bigger threat that needs more immediate attention?

do you agree with those 2 points

I guess we're forgetting the pulse night club, those damn Christian terororists!

I have never said that Muslims have never committed such crimes. Displaying an example of anti-LGBT violence by Muslims doesn't contradict the point that anti-LGBT hate crimes are typically perpetrated by Christians in the U.S. more than any other faith.

Speaking of the Pulse night club shooting, remember the Christian pastor who said that he wished more died in the Pulse shooting and wished that the government would commit genocide against gay people?

When they're not the ones committing the crimes, Christians still gotta root for the ones that are. :v

I can perfectly accept that Christian terrorism is real

do you also accept that Islamic terrorism is

1. done at a much higher scale than Christian terrorism
2. Is a much bigger threat that needs more immediate attention?

do you agree with those 2 points

In the U.S.? No to both. On a worldwide scale? Yes, though I object to attempts to make it a zero-sum game. Addressing Muslim terrorism isn't thwarted by acknowledging the home-grown Christian terrorists in the U.S. We are already very attentive on Islamic terrorism, to the extent that many a Muslim-American is facing unjust treatment. I guess I would ask how we address it further without going full-on shitty America and rounding up Muslim-Americans like we did with Japanese-Americans. At least in the U.S., we already do pretty okay dealing with Islamic terrorists.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
I have never said that Muslims have never committed such crimes. Displaying an example of anti-LGBT violence by Muslims doesn't contradict the point that anti-LGBT hate crimes are typically perpetrated by Christians in the U.S. more than any other faith.

Speaking of the Pulse night club shooting, remember the Christian pastor who said that he wished more died in the Pulse shooting and wished that the government would commit genocide against gay people?

When they're not the ones committing the crimes, Christians still gotta root for the ones that are. :v

In the U.S.? No to both. On a worldwide scale? Yes, though I object to attempts to make it a zero-sum game. Addressing Muslim terrorism isn't thwarted by acknowledging the home-grown Christian terrorists in the U.S. We are already very attentive on Islamic terrorism, to the extent that many a Muslim-American is facing unjust treatment. I guess I would ask how we address it further without going full-on shitty America and rounding up Muslim-Americans like we did with Japanese-Americans. At least in the U.S., we already do pretty okay dealing with Islamic terrorists.

In the U.S as well on a per capita basis

BANGS

Banned
Simple observation.

So you cannot take percentages into account with all your vast data? Oh that's right... it's all bullshit...

Please stop the bullshit...

So you cannot take percentages into account with all your vast data? Oh that's right... it's all bullshit...

Please stop the bullshit...

I am taking percentages. There are significantly more Christians in the US than there are Muslims, so the appropriate assumption is that Christians are also more representative of perpetrators of hate crimes, unless there are actually factors that would suggest otherwise. Muslims are more accepting of gay people than certain sects of Christianity. Anti-LGBT violence as a political platform by Christians is more mainstream than it is for Muslims. There is no data that would tell us that Muslims commit more anti-LGBT hate crimes in the US.

And to make my point, can you provide me with the data showing how many anti-LGBT attacks by Muslims occur in, say, Syria?

I am taking percentages. There are significantly more Christians in the US than there are Muslims, so the appropriate assumption is that Christians are also more representative of perpetrators of hate crimes, unless there are actually factors that would suggest otherwise. Muslims are more accepting of gay people than certain sects of Christianity. Anti-LGBT violence as a political platform by Christians is more mainstream than it is for Muslims. There is no data that would tell us that Muslims commit more anti-LGBT hate crimes in the US.

And to make my point, can you provide me with the data showing how many anti-LGBT attacks by Muslims occur in, say, Syria?

What the fuck are you even talking about anymore????

Muslims are more accepting of gay people than certain sects of Christianity.

Wow, holy shit.

You dont know a lot of muslims, do you ?

Even moderates don't like gays. Which makes sense, since homosexuality is one of the worst sin in Islam.

Also the New testament offers redemption for homosexuals, while the Koran, as far as I know, does not.

Dunki

Wow, holy shit.

Even moderates don't like gays. Which makes sense, since homosexuality is one of the worst sin in Islam.

It is certainly not the case in the world but in the US I think its probably right. I heard something like that as well. But As I said before they a role Muslims. And reason for this is also the very strict immigration laws in the US.

Of course there are also poeple like Linda Sarasour but I do not think it is the norm.

It is certainly not the case in the world but in the US I think its probably right. I heard something like that as well. But As I said before they a role Muslims. And reason for this is also the very strict immigration laws in the US.

I guess you're right. To be fair I dont know any US muslim so it might be true.

Wow, holy shit.

Also the New testament offers redemption for homosexuals, while the Koran, as far as I know, does not.

In the US, 52% of Muslims support same-sex marriage. I suspect that you don't know a lot of Muslims, because my inclination is that you formed an opinion of moderate Muslims based on what you read, not who you interacted with. I know several LGBT Muslims and Muslims who are supportive of LGBT people and causes, and in fact the group had the most growth in support of any religious group in the last decade.

What the fuck are you even talking about anymore????

tl;dr There's no data to suggest that a minority group in the US are more prevalent among perpetrators of anti-LGBT hate crimes than Christians, thus the most likely conclusion is that the majority group is.

It's not complicated.

pramod

Banned
Is the argument here that a larger proportion of Christians are terrorists or that there are more Christian terrorists overall?

Airola

Namely that in the US, the risk of terrorism by Christians is greater than that of terrorism by Muslims.

I think to say something like that you should take into account the amount of prevented attacks and the overall use of police resources to prevent terrorism.

I mean, it could be so that the other group has less succesfull attacks than the other but the police has to use their resources much more on the former group than the latter because there are more planning of attacks and more attempted attacks.

I have no data to prove anything about that in any direction and I'm not sure if data for that even exists. But at least in Finland the situation is this:
"The most significant terrorist threat in Finland is still posed by individual actors or small groups motivated by radical Islamist propaganda or terrorist organisations encouraging them."
"The Finnish Security Intelligence Service (Supo) has around 350 counterterrorism target individuals."

http://www.supo.fi/counterterrorism/terrorism_threat_assessment

That was written before the first islamic terrorist attack happened in Finland last August.

And note that the link is the official website of The Finnish Security Intelligence Service. It's not any sort of right wing propaganda.

It would be interesting to know how much the US Intelligence is preventing or investigating Islamic terror plots versus preventing or investigating Christian terror plots. How many "counterterrorism target individuals" they have who are Christians versus who are Muslims. Or of any other religions or groups. Just because the attacks might not happen that often doesn't yet mean there isn't danger of that. It could very well be that there are more people who are planning attacks but the US Intelligence are doing their job well enough to stop most of the people before anything happens.

I think to say something like that you should take into account the amount of prevented attacks and the overall use of police resources to prevent terrorism.

I mean, it could be so that the other group has less succesfull attacks than the other but the police has to use their resources much more on the former group than the latter because there are more planning of attacks and more attempted attacks.

I have no data to prove anything about that in any direction and I'm not sure if data for that even exists. But at least in Finland the situation is this:
"The most significant terrorist threat in Finland is still posed by individual actors or small groups motivated by radical Islamist propaganda or terrorist organisations encouraging them."
"The Finnish Security Intelligence Service (Supo) has around 350 counterterrorism target individuals."

http://www.supo.fi/counterterrorism/terrorism_threat_assessment

That was written before the first islamic terrorist attack happened in Finland last August.

And note that the link is the official website of The Finnish Security Intelligence Service. It's not any sort of right wing propaganda.

It would be interesting to know how much the US Intelligence is preventing or investigating Islamic terror plots versus preventing or investigating Christian terror plots. How many "counterterrorism target individuals" they have who are Christians versus who are Muslims. Or of any other religions or groups. Just because the attacks might not happen that often doesn't yet mean there isn't danger of that. It could very well be that there are more people who are planning attacks but the US Intelligence are doing their job well enough to stop most of the people before anything happens.

We do actually have quite a decent level of intel groups monitoring sovereign citizens, white nationalist groups, and Christian extremist groups in the FBI.

You’re literally in a different fucking reality, I’ll see you again when he next inevitable one happens and you can bring up some more assessments from professors.

Or I can bring up Alexander Bissonnette *shrugs*

Top Bottom