• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida confirms $10 back for those who preordered TLOU PS4 on PSN

It's The Last of Us. One of the best reviewed games of all time, that I missed out on first time around. Not Knack.

I'm pretty sure I want the game.

I'm replying to someone who's asking "why does it matter" in regards to whether someone's preordering a digital release or not, and the question wasn't specifying on The Last of Us or all digital releases. I'm giving a scenario where it can matter.

I've been wondering this myself. It's why I haven't sold my PS3 copy yet.

I'd imagine that it's going to be limited to those that own the digital release if they do come up with a program for people that purchased the PS3 version. That's the only way that they'd be able to verify that people own the game and didn't rent or borrow it. It's what they ended up doing with the PS4 releases of flOw and Flower. Those with the PS3 digital releases were able to download them for free due to the crossbuy program, while they couldn't do anything with those with the physical release.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'd imagine that it's going to be limited to those that own the digital release if they do come up with a program for people that purchased the PS3 version. That's the only way that they'd be able to verify that people own the game and didn't rent or borrow it. It's what they ended up doing with the PS4 releases of flOw and Flower. Those with the PS3 digital releases were able to download them for free due to the crossbuy program, while they couldn't do anything with those with the physical release.
TLoU came with an online pass in NA (not sure about the other regions), they could offer the offer to people who redeemed it and require them to insert the disc to play like they did with the cross gen upgrade program at launch.

TLoU came with an online pass in NA (not sure about the other regions), they could offer the offer to people who redeemed it and require them to insert the disc to play like they did with the cross gen upgrade program at launch.

I didn't think of that, but it's definitely a solid solution for those that have a physical release.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
You pre-order something and they take your money already? That makes no sense. Glad they don't do that on EU PSN. Or do they??
I'm not sure if they're handling PS4 preorders differently but for PS3 SCEE charges 2 days before release and anytime prior to that you can cancel the order by visiting Transaction Management on the console.

007-cancel%20pre-order%20button.jpg

This is how SCEA should have handled it instead of non refundable pre-purchases.

funkypie

Banned
I'm not sure if they're handling PS4 preorders differently but for PS3 SCEE charges 2 days before release and anytime prior to that you can cancel the order by visiting Transaction Management on the console.

007-cancel%20pre-order%20button.jpg

This is how SCEA should have handled it instead of non refundable pre-purchases.

It might be just different trading laws.

Because sony would instantly lose if you took this to trading standards in the UK.

I wonder how many pre-orders they have for digital or physical or both?

n0tail

Banned
Great decision to hear. Because I honestly would've never supported Sony again if they didn't do this. This would've be my first and last Sony console.

Thanks mods for making the new topic. I'm a bit of a lurker and have been doing fun weekend stuff (building a fence) so was a bit slow on that.

Nonrefundable preorders is the kind of shit you expect from Nintendo, not Sony. What an awful policy, but good on them for refunding purchasers.

Top Bottom