• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This isn't a relationship right.

That doesn’t sound like a resolution at all. Now she’s in the crosshairs for a violent attack. Probably won’t be resolved until he’s behind bars.

Yeah I'd probably follow up with the police again and let them know he's making threats towards someone specific, that in and of itself might be actionable in some way. Dude sounds like he needs to be locked up.

zeemumu

There is actually a resolution of sorts to this!

So Jim told people he was going to Offaly to meet his 'girlfriend' Laura (not the real name) that he's been ranting about for weeks and weeks now.
Turns out that someone round here actually knows Laura and or recognised the description and where she lives and works etc, and asked her about it, and she was really unhappy about it, and the fact he'd gone down to try and find her, so through this mutual acquittance she informed Jim that she wasn't his girlfriend, she was trying to be friendly but she wasn't interested before and definitely isn't now, she was going to inform the Gardai and she was going to change her number and if he tried to contact her again her dad would kick his arse.

Jim's response has been to post several rants on facebook (I'll post the screenshots someone sent me in the morning) about how women are all liars and snakes and have all the power, and how Laura was probably a lesbian anyway and he'd 'fucking sort her out' next time he saw her and she was probably a slut anyway and angry angry ranting.

Time for cops!

Travo

OP, you’re not weak. You did what many others could never do. I hope you rid yourself completely of the toxicity.

I thought that was a resolution? I tend to think he’s all bark no bite with his nonsense rants though. I will tell the cops about his social media rants myself though cos he’s mental and I hope she means it and goes to the police herself. Apparently her friend who lives here has seen the rants too now so I hope she passes it onto the relevant authorities also.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I thought that was a resolution? I tend to think he’s all bark no bite with his nonsense rants though. I will tell the cops about his social media rants myself though cos he’s mental and I hope she means it and goes to the police herself. Apparently her friend who lives here has seen the rants too now so I hope she passes it onto the relevant authorities also.
Your friend is making physical threats towards this woman, that isn't a resolution.

Replicant

So Jim told people he was going to Offaly to meet his 'girlfriend' Laura (not the real name) that he's been ranting about for weeks and weeks now.
Turns out that someone round here actually knows Laura and or recognised the description and where she lives and works etc, and asked her about it, and she was really unhappy about it, and the fact he'd gone down to try and find her, so through this mutual acquittance she informed Jim that she wasn't his girlfriend, she was trying to be friendly but she wasn't interested before and definitely isn't now, she was going to inform the Gardai and she was going to change her number and if he tried to contact her again her dad would kick his arse.

Jim's response has been to post several rants on facebook (I'll post the screenshots someone sent me in the morning) about how women are all liars and snakes and have all the power, and how Laura was probably a lesbian anyway and he'd 'fucking sort her out' next time he saw her and she was probably a slut anyway and angry angry ranting.

All right, it's time to block him if you haven't already.

EDIT: Oh fuck, didn't see the 'sort her out' part of the comment. Uhm yeah, I dunno, send the screencap to police just in case?

Yes he’s blocked. I will pass that onto the police in the morning and urge this girl through her friend to report him if she hasn’t done already cos he’s not right in the head. Not sure what else I can do.

ZeroX03

Banned

They’re “only rants” until someone gets hurt or killed. It doesn’t matter if they are idle threats, she probably takes it more seriously than you do because of the terror of a guy out there threatening to attack her and nobody should have to go through that.

NoName999

So anyone else thinks the "friend" is an alt right Neo-Nazi? Because he's hitting all the points.

Honestly the entire thing basically tells me that in addition to parental/spousal abuse, we definitively need more focus to combat friendship abuse

The Wart

So anyone else thinks the "friend" is an alt right Neo-Nazi? Because he's hitting all the points.

Honestly the entire thing basically tells me that in addition to parental/spousal abuse, we definitively need more focus to combat friendship abuse

He's absolutely their number 1 demographic: frustrated, entitled males who rage at the world for the consequences of their own repulsive behavior.

Zaheer

So my friend (person I know, its bizarre homophobic person I have mentioned on gaf before) met this girl in Co Offaly at the end of August when he was on holiday with his family. He chatted with this girl once or twice, she gave him her phone number. Since then, he's sent her over 150 messages and she's responded twice, and hasn't text him in 3 weeks. He somehow found her snapchat and messaged her there too.

He thinks there's a problem with her phone and thats why she hasn't messaged back, and thinks she wouldn't have given him a number at all if she didn't like him, according to the youtube videos he's watched she was 'giving me all the signs she was into me' and how he thinks they're gonna be together and how they'd make a long distance relationship work etc (he doesn't drive, and Offaly is about a 3 hour drive from us) and my pointing out this was all a bit tenuous was met with 'well you're probably gay so you don't know'

Anyway, he's messaged me yesterday saying do I want to go with him to Offaly and I said no, he messaged me today saying he was in Offaly and he was going to find her by waiting at her work.

This isn't a relationship right? Or anything? I was gonna tell him again but I can't be bothered at this point, hopefully she sends him away or calls the police.

edit - I have blocked him on social media. This girl isn't working tonight and his parents have intervened to prevent him contacting her. I'm still not happy about this though.

tenor.gif

Holy fuck. Glad you're in touch with the cops and blocked him, OP. He sounds like a lot of things, but a friend is most definitely not one of them.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
[...]

That is SO not a resolution dude. WTF?

I thought that was a resolution? I tend to think he’s all bark no bite with his nonsense rants though.
A lot of people are all bark no bite... until they do turn violent. You can't take those chances, JFC.

Fhtagn

This sounds straight up like this guy is going to do something violent, either soon to this person, or to someone else in the future. He needs real psychiatric help, and the cops need to know asap. If you're still able to contact his parents or anyone else who knows him, they should be given a heads up that he's acting like a textbook stalker/abuser.

I hope it doesn't escalate to violence, but all the signs are right there in plain view.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
That is horrific and insane...

If he's making physical threats towards her then get the Gardai involved or something.

Does he have any "supporter" on these Facebook rantsor is he just getting ignored? (Or is anyone actually telling him he's fucking crazy)

Does he have any "supporter" on these Facebook rantsor is he just getting ignored? (Or is anyone actually telling him he's fucking crazy)

Mostly no comments.

Screenshots have passed onto the Gardai (by me) and I also told them in detail his past behaviour and how he's a bit mental, and they said they'll 'look into it' Not sure what else I can do.

This is in no way a resolution and you need to contact the police.

Seriously. Do it.

Your inaction could lead to someone getting hurt.

Mostly no comments.

Screenshots have passed onto the Gardai (by me) and I also told them in detail his past behaviour and how he's a bit mental, and they said they'll 'look into it' Not sure what else I can do.

Thanks for doing that!

Realistically, there isn't anything more you CAN do. But do not be surprised if his behavior toward you also goes through a period of getting worse before it gets better.

Razmos

Yep, a homophobic, misogynist, entitled, violent douchebag. Certainly hits most of the marks, I'd bet a large amount of money he's racist too.

The OP sounds like a total pushover too, asking such stupid questions and being so apathetic about such a creep treating him and others like that and not thinking "Huh, there's something wrong here"

Top Bottom