• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally got a PS4..Game suggestions?

Alexm92

So I finally got a PS4 the other day. I got a 1TB slim with 4 games: Horizon:Zero Dawn, Homefront: The Revolution, Deformers and Battleborn. I recently bought Dark Souls 3 on PC so I'm going to finish that first and then play Horizon. Really looking forward to it but I'm loving DS3 so I don't mind waiting. I'll probably be finished it by the time the next horizon patch is out so that's another plus. Anyway, any other PS4 games from the last few years I should get? I like pretty much anything but rpgs are my favourite. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bloodborne (with DLC)
Dark Souls II SOTFS if you didn't play it on PS3, 360 or PC
Salt and Sanctuary
Nier: Automata

There are lots of great games in other genres too, but since you said you enjoy RPGs, I listed the best ones

Korigama

Persona 5, NieR: Automata, Gravity Rush Remastered and Gravity Rush 2, and Doom are some that come to mind. Uncharted is also worth a look (the Nathan Drake Collection, along with Uncharted 4).

Not sure how interested you might be in fighting games, but I would recommend Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (you can try out the Core Fighters edition for free to see if it's to your liking) and Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 in May (there will be a free demo available for PS+ subscribers).

Wonko_C

Get all of early 2017:

Nier Automata
Persona 5
Yakuza 0
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone
Tales of Berseria

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us Remastered
Until Dawn
SOMA
Bloodborne
Ratchet & Clank
Infamous Second Son
Resogun
What Remains of Edith Finch
Persona 5
Nioh
Nier

So I finally got a PS4 the other day. I got a 1TB slim with 4 games: Horizon:Zero Dawn, Homefront: The Revolution, Deformers and Battleborn. I recently bought Dark Souls 3 on PC so I'm going to finish that first and then play Horizon. Really looking forward to it but I'm loving DS3 so I don't mind waiting. I'll probably be finished it by the time the next horizon patch is out so that's another plus. Anyway, any other PS4 games from the last few years I should get? I like pretty much anything but rpgs are my favourite. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Definitely start with Horizon after Dark Souls 3. Fantastic game.

Once you're done with Horizon, which will take a little while anyway, go to Bloodborne since you're loving DS3. It'll give some space between the two games since they're similar, and it's a fine freaking game.

Liking anything, though, shit man, it's hard to narrow that down. Many people will give you a ton of games, but those two alone will give you a lot of great game time. For something a bit different that can break up the pace and is seriously fantastic, go with a Resogun/Alienation combo. They're not expensive, they're both addictive twin-stick shooters, and they have great co-op. Love the hell out of both of them, and since they're pick-up-and-play, it's way easier to play them in conjunction with the other games.

Then we can talk about the other stuff on the system; there's quite a bit.. xD~~

JPS Kai

The Jackbox
My Name is Mayo
Hyper Light Drifter
The Witness
Hatoful Boyfriend
Rez Infinite

sam12

Nioh
Nier Automata
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Uncharted 4
Tales of Berseria
Gravity Rush 2
Yakuza 0
Last of Us remaster
Ratchet and Clank
Until Dawn

Nioh, especially if you like Souls
Gravity Rush: Remastered - super fun superhero game
Ratchet & Clank - one of the best platformers this gen

there's more, but everyone will mention them multiple times.

Well there is an amazing library of great games for the PS4 so far.

If RPG's are your favorite I have a few games here for you good sir:

The Witcher 3 - A wonderful adventure where you will travel across a huge world map fighting all sorts of dangerous creatures. The sidestories are interesting and the writing is mostly top notch. Takes a little while to get going but the game looks stunning.

Persona 5 - I personally was new to the whole Persona series before I bought and finished this game in about 110 hours. It's one of the best JRPG'S in recent years if you ask me, and stands up there with the greats. You basically have your dungeon crawling, Pokèmon style collecting of various demons, angels and mythical creatires who will fight for you in battle. Besides that there is a huge story and basically social RPG element on top of that, which gives you the ability to "level up" various stats like Knowledge and Kindness, which in turn help you become closer with various NPC's you meet. A really deep JRPG with an amazing combat system and a very groovy soundtrack. A great first step into the Persona series!

Bloodborne - For me personally this is one of the best "Souls" games. FromSoft and Miyazaki really outdid themselves with this game. The mood is perfectly Lovecraftian mixed with a very tense and opressive feeling of dread surrounding you at all times. Amazing bossfights and another great combat system. This new entry to the Souls series introduces various Trick weapons that can transform at your will, and are very versatile due to that fact.

Nioh - Nioh is another "Souls" type game, but heavily influenced by games like Ninja Gaiden and Diablo 3. It plays much much faster then your typical "Souls" game, even more so than Bloodborne. This game features a heavy focus on Ninja, Magic and Japanese history. More Level based than say Dark Souls where it's one open world, but that feels very fresh. The combat system is deeper than most RPG's because you can fully customize your skills and each weapon type has various stances (low,mid,high) which impacts the moves at your disposal. Another amazing title.

Some other titles that should not be forgotten:

The last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
Driveclub

Renekton

Nioh - very good combat system

Persona 5 - best RPG on PS4

Bloodborne - best Souls game

I'd assume you get non-exclusives on PC

Wedzi

Banned
I recently just got a PS4 as well. I got Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank and Rocket League. Looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn and Nioh.

Are there any good local cooperative or competitive games I should look into?

Edit: Or just fun quick multiplayer games with a good player base like Rocket League?

Perineum

Last of Us
Bloodborne

These two are a MUST. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Later in the year definitely look for Destiny 2 since it will have exclusive content.

Other favorites(some multiplatform)

Persona 5
Nier Automata
Resident Evil 7
Rainbow Six Siege
Hyper Light Drifter
The Order 1886
Uncharted 4
Evil Within 2

That should be hundreds of hours.

Wedzi

Banned
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
SOMA
Bloodborne
Ratchet & Clank
Infamous Second Son
Resogun

Persona 5
Nioh
Nier

How is What Remains of Edith Finch? I've seen it advertised on the store?

Also does Resogun have multiplayer similar to Geometry Wars 2?

bnx

I recently just got a PS4 as well. I got Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank and Rocket League. Looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn and Nioh.

Are there any good local cooperative or competitive games I should look into?

Edit: Or just fun quick multiplayer games with a good player base like Rocket League?

Borderlands The Handsome collection
Earth Defense Force 4.1

Until Dawn, Yakuza 0' Bloodborne, Tearaway Unfolded, Nioh, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, tlou remastered, and ratchet and clank. Assuming you play multi platform games on pc.

As amazing as Bloodborne is, it's going to be jarring coming from 60fps dark souls 3 on pc

Don't forget to downloads Let It Die.

Forgot about this game.

You already have Horizon so you made a wise choice.

I would follow that with Uncharted 4 and Nioh since you like Dark Souls. Playing DS3 on PC makes me think the framerate and frame pacing in Bloodborne will bother you but it's pretty cheap now. Also Destiny if you have any friends playing it.

Jigorath

Banned
Since you already have a good PC I'll stick with exclusive recommendations.

Bloodborne: If you love Dark Souls III, then you'll really love this. A gothic horror setting with fast paced combat and amazing Lovecraftian bosses. Maybe my favorite game this generation.

Until Dawn: This is the sort of game that you'll have trouble putting down before you finish. The story keeps you hooked until the end, and the characters are surprisingly well rounded.

The Last of Us: If you didn't get around to it on PS3. It's the best game Naughty Dog has ever made.

Persona 5: If you want to lose 80 hours of your life then look no further.

NiOh - It's hard as hell, but if you can stick with it then you'll find one of the most rewarding combat systems in an action game.

And some other games:

Ratchet & Clank
The Last Guardian
Resogun
Gravity Rush 1 + 2
Kingdom Hearts Collections
Dragon Quest: Builders

And of course GOTG Knack 2 is on the way.

Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
SOMA
Bloodborne
Ratchet & Clank
Infamous Second Son
Resogun
Persona 5
Nioh
Nier

477e14c6bfd845f4fe7b57382d8c5abc_morgan-freeman-hes-right-u-morgan-freeman-memes-hes-right_400-400.jpeg

1upsuper

Bloodborne
Dark Souls II: SotFS
Persona 5
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
NiOh
Yakuza 0
Resident Evil 7
probably Nier Automata (haven't played it yet but NieR 1 is amazing)
The Last Guardian

Alexm92

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys. Iv played a lot of the games mentioned so this is my list so far:

Bloodborne
Persona 5
Until Dawn
Knack
Uncharted The Nathan Drake collection
Uncharted 4
Nioh
Ratchet and Clank
Infamous Second Son
Yakuza 0
The last gaurdian
Resogun
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
Final Fantasy 15
Tales of Berseria
Kingdom hearts collection
Salt and Sanctuary

I'll probably get Nier Automata and any other multiplats  on PC provided the PC port is good.

Also, Sony have been absolutely killing it with exclusives. Long may it continue

Top Bottom