• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally got a PS4..Game suggestions?

People have already gave the best suggestions, So when you can do so, Get the VR headset and play Resi 7 in VR. It's a whole new gaming experience that has to be tried.

Davito

Neo Member
Horizon Zero Dawn (That you already have)
Metal Gear Solid 5
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us
Persona 5
Bloodborne
Witcher 3

Overcooked (If you have friends over)

Nowhere near enough recommendations for The Last Guardian in this thread. Buy it OP, you'll never look back.

Bloodborne
Ratchet and Clank
Persona 5

image.php

she's putting on a brave front, but you can see in her eyes she's sobbing

WITHE1982

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us Remastered
Until Dawn
SOMA
Bloodborne
Ratchet & Clank
Infamous Second Son
Resogun
What Remains of Edith Finch
Persona 5
Nioh
Nier

Damn fine list. Just add Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last Guardian (subjective) and we're done here.

StereoVsn

NBA 2K17. MyPlayer mode is pretty much an ARPG. You got stats, cutscenes, choices, and combat/dungeons (basketball games). You even have a sidekick in this one. It also doesn't have the terrible Spike Lee production from NBA 2K16.

Kanyon

I can't recommend Titanfall 2 enough, great single player campaign and the multiplayer is damn addictive!

some games people haven't mentioned enough,

Nioh
Witcher 3
Resident Evil 4,5 and 6
Nier: Automata
Watch Dogs 2
Hitman
Doom
Far Cry 4
The Evil Within

so many more

GLAMr

In terms of exclusives that I have played:
-Bloodborne
-The Last Guardian
-Ratchet & Flank
-Horizon Zero Dawn (which you have)
-Gravity Rush
-The Last of Us

Plus the multiplat goodness such as:
-MGSV
-GTAV
-Arkham Knight
-The Witcher 3

If you just go to the top 100 on MetaCritic and work your way down the list, you will have a good time.

Tsosie

All of the suggestions have been great. I would like to throw Transistor and Child of Light into the ring though.

Transistor has an amazing battle system that is worth playing with.

Child of Light is a typical turned-based battle system with a fun story telling mechanic.

Both games should be available for under $20 as well.

Mostly enjoy the indies (especially ps plus indies) so
Lumo
Curses & Chaos
Ninja Seki DX
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Horizon was also a highlight.
Titanfall 2 was nice as was Rainbow Six: Seige

enbred

Banned
I see a lot of people suggesting Blooborne. Let me tell you: if you ever tried demon souls or dark souls and realized that it's not you're type of game - i'd say stay away from this one as well. I'm not calling it a bad game mind you. It's just a matter of if you're a souls person or not. If not - then this isn't going to be any different and you'd save yourself a lot of frustration and money. I'm one of those people, as much as I WANT to like the game i just can't do it. I will probably get a lot of shit for this but i think it would make a great game if they'd lower the difficulty just a tiny bit, just a tiny bit. Now if you're into fighting games and don't mind putting sometime into one, i would suggest getting Guilty Gear Rev2 coming out later this month. Personally the most fun "I" had on my PS4 (before i sold it and moved onto the PC master race) is with Battlefield 1 and all the better if you have some friends to gang up with.

Bonus: Doom and MGSv are good games too. Especially MGSV has lots of replay value.

EDIT: Witcher 3 on PS4 has some of the longest load times i ever seen anywhere. In fact it was a deal breaker for me. I couldn't handle the time. It takes over a minute to load after every death. Consider this if you're going to HARD MODE... NOPE.

I recently just got a PS4 as well. I got Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank and Rocket League. Looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn and Nioh.

Are there any good local cooperative or competitive games I should look into?

Edit: Or just fun quick multiplayer games with a good player base like Rocket League?

Local? Overcooked, Towerfal Ascension, Sportfriends, Nidhogg, Crawl and Lethal League, which releases later this month.

I see a lot of people suggesting Blooborne. Let me tell you: if you ever tried demon souls or dark souls and realized that it's not you're type of game - i'd say stay away from this one as well. I'm not calling it a bad game mind you. It's just a matter of if you're a souls person or not. If not - then this isn't going to be any different and you'd save yourself a lot of frustration and money. I'm one of those people, as much as I WANT to like the game i just can't do it. I will probably get a lot of shit for this but i think it would make a great game if they'd lower the difficulty just a tiny bit, just a tiny bit.

Not entirely true. I know people who didn't get on with DS and love BB. Besides, he already said he likes DS3 so BB should be right up his alley.

enbred

Banned
Not entirely true. I know people who didn't get on with DS and love BB. Besides, he already said he likes DS3 so BB should be right up his alley.

Not entirely. But seriously how different is a souls game from BB? I don't see any difference besides being able to block and or pistol counter in BB. And all that bullshit about the game being more on the offense is what's not entirely true. All that being said, i still like BB aesthetically. I just hate the fact that i'm too weak sauce for it. Or maybe i'm just getting old. I mean i wanna play games to enjoy relax, have a good time, a little challenge is fine but not to tear my fucking hair out.

Harmen

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys. Iv played a lot of the games mentioned so this is my list so far:

Bloodborne
Persona 5
Until Dawn
Knack
Uncharted The Nathan Drake collection
Uncharted 4
Nioh
Ratchet and Clank
Infamous Second Son
Yakuza 0
The last gaurdian
Resogun
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
Final Fantasy 15
Tales of Berseria
Kingdom hearts collection
Salt and Sanctuary

I'll probably get Nier Automata and any other multiplats  on PC provided the PC port is good.

Also, Sony have been absolutely killing it with exclusives. Long may it continue

I'd add these:
-Yakuza 0 (and later this year Yakuza: Kiwami)
-God of War 3: Remastered (still holds up)

And I personally really love Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls as well. And if you enjoyed Infamous, check out First Light (standalone DLC)

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys. Iv played a lot of the games mentioned so this is my list so far:

Bloodborne
Persona 5
Until Dawn
Knack
Uncharted The Nathan Drake collection
Uncharted 4
Nioh
Ratchet and Clank
Infamous Second Son
Yakuza 0
The last gaurdian
Resogun
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
Final Fantasy 15
Tales of Berseria
Kingdom hearts collection
Salt and Sanctuary

I'll probably get Nier Automata and any other multiplats  on PC provided the PC port is good.

Also, Sony have been absolutely killing it with exclusives. Long may it continue
Ya did good.

Nowhere near enough recommendations for The Last Guardian in this thread. Buy it OP, you'll never look back.

image.php

she's putting on a brave front, but you can see in her eyes she's sobbing
lol

Uncharted 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
Yakuza
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
Nioh
Ratchet & Clank
Infamous Second Son
Until Dawn

Jesus, I just realized how many good games the PS4 has while typing that. And none of them are ports/remsters and they're exclusive!

Top Bottom