• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why cant I get both windwalk and mistweave artifact quest from those dalaran cats like I could with my druid (balance and resto there)?

also this windwalker quest is the same I did on my hunter, and that sucks. After the druid had different ones, I thought all classes would.

edit: oh is it because I dont have my mistweaver art maxed out? I bet thats why

edit2: it totally is duh

why cant I get both windwalk and mistweave artifact quest from those dalaran cats like I could with my druid (balance and resto there)?

also this windwalker quest is the same I did on my hunter, and that sucks. After the druid had different ones, I thought all classes would.

edit: oh is it because I dont have my mistweaver art maxed out? I bet thats why

edit2: it totally is duh

You can pick one artifact at 100 and the remainder become available to acquire at 102.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
very strange, my broken shore quest progression on my monk is slower than on my other chars, including my druid who I just did the stuff this morning. Like, it should be the same, but its not? I have way less rep (im still only friendly) so I assume thats blocking some quests showing up, my druid is honored and already has the WQ quest and shit, which my monk does not, and I didnt do any WQ on the druid prior to that quest, specifically because I was saving them to the quest. I have no idea why, cant be races because one is a dog the other is a panda, neither has rep boosts.

Anyone had that happen with alts?

Lain

very strange, my broken shore quest progression on my monk is slower than on my other chars, including my druid who I just did the stuff this morning. Like, it should be the same, but its not? I have way less rep (im still only friendly) so I assume thats blocking some quests showing up, my druid is honored and already has the WQ quest and shit, which my monk does not, and I didnt do any WQ on the druid prior to that quest, specifically because I was saving them to the quest. I have no idea why, cant be races because one is a dog the other is a panda, neither has rep boosts.

Anyone had that happen with alts?

Once done with the Scenario, you unlock the basic WQs. After that, you gotta complete some steps to unlock the class WQs and for that you need:
1) an invasion active because you gotta clear it after getting the quest from Maiev.
2) Your class hall quest completed (3rd relic slot unlocked) to get the new follower quest from Maiev.

Rhaknar

Once done with the Scenario, you unlock the basic WQs. After that, you gotta complete some steps to unlock the class WQs and for that you need:
1) an invasion active because you gotta clear it after getting the quest from Maiev.
2) Your class hall quest completed (3rd relic slot unlocked) to get the new follower quest from Maiev.

yeah I did the new follower and shit. I see no reason why it should be behind the druid, but it is. No fucking idea. Maybe it was the invasion like you said, I think I did one this morning with the druid.

v1perz53

God, trying to max First Aid (for Court of Stars item in M+) has been one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. The only way to go from 790-800 is to use those random quest items that drop in each zone and give 5 skill up. I've been at 795 for 3 months now, and the quest items WILL. NOT. DROP. I haven't actively farmed them, but since I got my last quest item (Fevered something or other in Suramar) I've done plenty of random world content, WQs, killed random mobs in random zones, and these fucking quest items don't exist. Spent 3 hours farming Aszuna today and no drop. Farmed random mobs, farmed mobs that other people confirmed drops from, nothing.

If I cant even get one book for 5 skill, how in gods name do people get the achievement for all of these stupid quest items.

E: Bahaha complaining always works! Literally the next group I pulled I got the item in Aszuna. Thank fuck, I know what achieve I'm NEVER farming.

Lain

This makes no sense at all.

How does it not make sense at all? Last I checked, Greymane killed horde people while a Legion invasion was going on based on emotional revenge and no clue on what really happened on the shore. He's a piece of shit.

Tarazet

Got the mage tower challenge done on my unholy DK! Whew, that was intense. Need to try the Frost one next.

My body needs that Demo appearance, but all the guides I have seen call for you to use Supremacy for the doomguard snare, and that cuts your DPS in half so it's painfully slow. I can't think of another class that has to intentionally gimp itself in order to solo content that was intended for it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How does it not make sense at all? Last I checked, Greymane killed horde people while a Legion invasion was going on based on emotional revenge and no clue on what really happened on the shore. He's a piece of shit.
This just ignores everything going on in Stormheim. Sylvanas is not a force for good and she razed Gilneas and the area surrounding it during the Cataclysm.

This just ignores everything going on in Stormheim. Sylvanas is not a force for good and she razed Gilneas and the area surrounding it during the Cataclysm.
I think it was an accurate description of what Greymane did in Stormheim though. He really did divert a large amount of Alliance forces to attack the Horde based on the lie of a dreadlord. While the adventurer is actually there to try to accomplish something.

Sylvanas was up to some shit (and shame on Blizzard for not taking this anywhere or even having any sort of follow up, it makes the zone worse in retrospect), but it's very clearly presented that the bulk of the Forsaken forces were there to assist in the acquisition of the Aegis while she went off on her own to handle the Helya stuff.

I wouldn't call Sylvanas honorable but Genn is second only to our Gallywix in terms of being a bad leader. And Gallywix just doesn't make sense and is mostly ignored.

Lain

It's exactly because of what goes on in Storm that I feel the way I feel about Greymane. Sylvanas isn't a force for good, but she wasn't being a force of evil (against the Alliance) either in that instance, no matter how despicable her wanting to find a way to get undeads to reproduce and extending her life as well can be.
Greymane had his reasons but that attack was anything but honorable considering the events of Legion that brought it up (the shore event) and with how the Alliance's mission had the unofficial reason to keep an eye on Sylvanas and yet it just turns into a bombing and killing to get revenge while the Legion is invading Azeroth and the last thing needed is infighting.

Rhaknar

Working on my Monk, Druid and Priest mounts, basically playing my hybrids, who not only were my best geared chars after the hunter, but also to see which combination of healer / dps I like the most, and I think Monk wins.

Resto Druid is my favorite healer, but none of the dps specs do much for me (I've been using Balance and its alright I guess, I hate Feral and Guardian is just too slow to kill). Shadow priest is fantastic, fantasy wise, looks wise and I like the insanity gimmick, but on the flip side, her healing specs dont do much for me. Disc I flat out dont like, and holy is alright but I prefer Resto and Mist.

And speaking of Mistwraver, its very close to being my favorite healer, and on the plus side, I freaking love WW. Love the mobility, hits super hard, I LOVE weaving out different skills to keep up the buff, lots of cool visual flair, just a fantastic dps spec and I'm not even a melee guy usually. Hence Monk winning out this little battle for me.

My Pali is still 107 and my Shaman is 100 so they dont count for now. Shaman has by far the best class mount tho, would be cool to get it eventually.

Tarazet

What's more worthwhile from a trade goblin standpoint, Alchemy or Inscription. I'm leaning towards Alchemy.

If your server has an active raiding scene, Vantus Runes are worthwhile, but even then Alchemy is probably a thousand times better.

I do admit to blowing up entirely too much Dreamleaf making the Glyph of Wrathguard and Glyph of Floating Shards. Not to mention the 5k Nethershards.

They fucked up Warglaives D:

HYfHDki.png

If your server has an active raiding scene, Vantus Runes are worthwhile, but even then Alchemy is probably a thousand times better.

I do admit to blowing up entirely too much Dreamleaf making the Glyph of Wrathguard and Glyph of Floating Shards. Not to mention the 5k Nethershards.

I'm on Proudmoore-NA, which is 14th overall I think, while there is a raiding scene I don't think it's as driven as it is on the top servers. I don't know if Vantus Runes will move as much plain old glyphs or flasks and other alchemy crafts. Alchemy is probably more practical.

Lain

I'm guessing there is some issue with the dungeon LFG tool, as it keeps removing me from the queue with no warning, the eye simply disappears.

I'm on Proudmoore-NA, which is 14th overall I think, while there is a raiding scene I don't think it's as driven as it is on the top servers. I don't know if Vantus Runes will move as much plain old glyphs or flasks and other alchemy crafts. Alchemy is probably more practical.
Tomes of Tranquil Mind.

iFirez

<snip> Follow up to this post.

So, I'm now level 60, stuck in Outland but still enjoying my time - this is the furthest I've ever levelled so it's quite amazing. I'm planning on running a few dungeons tonight and then moving on to a new area in Outland to speed the levelling up a little.

I'm also a little addicted to the auction house, I've been selling different drops that I have no interest in - mostly crafting materials and I've made enough gold to buy an heirloom or two which has helped with the levelling.

I look forward to getting beyond Outland and seeing what Northrend and the rest of the game has to offer.

Lain

Having more weird experiences with the Dungeon finder today. Was doing some timewalks, did 2 dungeons with a group and then 4 of us re-que'd for the next. Once we got in, there was a triple leader change and I suddenly found myself ungrouped and got teleported out after 3 seconds.
Thinking the instance crapped out I went back to doing some WQs when, 3 minutes later, I start seeing party talk in my chat. They are talking about an AFK DPS. I think they are talking about me, so I try to chat back but I don't get the instance chat, I don't even have party members, I don't have the instance eye nor do I have the ability to leave party (not in a party duh), then I get a vote kick window about someone else in the party... the person gets kicked and suddenly the party people pop up, I get an eye on the minimap and am able to rejoin into the instance...
It was the weirdest experience yet with strange bugs.

How is the solo content in the last few expansions? I haven't played since Cata.

Solo content is good. I'm partial to MoP (best expansion for me), but WoD questing is pretty good as well and Legion has nice stuff too despite the bugs. The downside is that everything is a blur since leveling is very fast.

Fjordson

Having more weird experiences with the Dungeon finder today. Was doing some timewalks, did 2 dungeons with a group and then 4 of us re-que'd for the next. Once we got in, there was a triple leader change and I suddenly found myself ungrouped and got teleported out after 3 seconds.
Thinking the instance crapped out I went back to doing some WQs when, 3 minutes later, I start seeing party talk in my chat. They are talking about an AFK DPS. I think they are talking about me, so I try to chat back but I don't get the instance chat, I don't even have party members, I don't have the instance eye nor do I have the ability to leave party (not in a party duh), then I get a vote kick window about someone else in the party... the person gets kicked and suddenly the party people pop up, I get an eye on the minimap and am able to rejoin into the instance...
It was the weirdest experience yet with strange bugs.
I had that happen to me last timewalking event lmao. I was ported out and ungrouped, but then all of a sudden party chat started coming through again. And I couldn't respond back. Was so bizarre. Literally couldn't do anything to fix it so I just logged off for a few hours.

I could still be in that ghost party for all I know.

How is the solo content in the last few expansions? I haven't played since Cata.
Really good. Questing is something Blizz has gotten better at with each expansion.

Leveling is faster than back in the day, albeit there's a lot to see if you haven't played since Cata.

Syf

Banned
So, I'm now level 60, stuck in Outland but still enjoying my time - this is the furthest I've ever levelled so it's quite amazing. I'm planning on running a few dungeons tonight and then moving on to a new area in Outland to speed the levelling up a little.

I'm also a little addicted to the auction house, I've been selling different drops that I have no interest in - mostly crafting materials and I've made enough gold to buy an heirloom or two which has helped with the levelling.

I look forward to getting beyond Outland and seeing what Northrend and the rest of the game has to offer.
Always interested in reading a new player's impressions so please keep posting these. Glad you're still enjoying.

Is anyone here Horde that does a lot of random battlegrounds? How long are the que times on average? I'm thinking of faction changing my druid for quicker prestige.

Rambaldi

Seeing people get livid over a video game still never fails to confuse me. Yes. Some things are annoying. But it's a game.

My bf spent like 5 hours yesterday doing the tank challenge and couldn't beat it. Now he's insisting he's canceling his account because "if he can't beat it with the current 900 gear he doesn't want to do it at all."

Chill the fuck out. It's a game.

Top Bottom