• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

erawsd

I am curious about this too. I remember a lot of people theorized that our weapons were going to be depleted of power by defeating/banishing Sargeras.

Limiting it to the raid would've been weird anyway. My guess is that there's going to be a transitional quest into the next expac that takes it away and probably adds all the appearances you earned into transmog.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm ok with those spoilers, fitting end to the Legion stuff I think. Now never fucking return to it please :/

Got my artifact knowledge to 25 this morning super quick and now its equally quick to level up my art to max (well max before it got new talents), but then I noticed I never actually finished Pathfinder 1 on my hunter (well on anywone I guess) because im not exalted with Nightfallen (im like 2k away), im pretty sure I was exlted on the druid (and the monk) but I guess those final 2 quests werent live yet back then?

Anyway I need to do that shit so I guess its time to do all Suraman WQs all the time. Also did the training and it was hilariously easy, I mean it was already easy back when I stopped, but good lord.

Guys can you do those previously-mythic only dungeon world quests in the new heroic versions?

TheYanger

Havent played WoW since the Nightfallen raid but what happened to Jaina?

Heartstone put her as the new lich in their most recent trailer

Eh, Maiev would find it pretty ironic.

The hearthstone trailer literally shows a 'what if' of every single hearthstone hero becoming a death knight. It's the point of the xpac. That's no more canon in Warcraft than it is that Medivh was a swinging pimp that hosted lavish parties for random warcraft characters.

Nothing has happened to JAina, she left at the start of Legion because she didn't want the horde in Dalaran.

I know I just simply forgot Jaina presence in Legion until Heartstone shows her again, in Mediv trailer you can see the DH mount before the DH release, I think one of the bosses of the first raid mentioned her so I hope Jaina will appear at least at the end

Lain

I went to do some Darkmoon faire stuff, saw that there was that new concert event and did a little bit of it on a few characters.
I did look up something about the event and saw that one of the achievements needed you to perform well during the event to rack up a score and become the first fan, while also performing certain tasks to get a specific buff by the end: get 4 buffs in various sessions and the achievement gets unlocked.

Seemed annoying to focus on the specific tasks to do with the amount of people around (didn't think I'd be able to score the highest) so I didn't pay too much attention to which tasks I should try to aim for. Despite that and despite my performance buff not saying fan number 1 (that I could see), I managed to get the singer buff:

GZyc.png

I didn't really understand I had gotten it until a minute later and when I hovered over the buff and saw what it said, I laughed.
One of my old online friends, from the EverQuest days, still calls me Cantante (I used to play a Bard when I wasn't playing my Enchanter and I liked to write down the lyrics of the songs I was listening to in chat from time to time), so seeing the buff say Cantante felt both nostalgic and damn appropriate as the first one to nab.

In the most anti-climatic fashion possible The Star's Design finally dropped off of a random Felborne Punisher on the Broken Shore during a daily. Didn't know it dropped anywhere other than Suramar. At least now I finally have all three hidden artifact appearances for my mage.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
pretty disapointed with the new dungeon tbh. Last 2 bosses in the same room, really?

on the flip side, I actually enjoyed court of stars heroic. You still have all the non-boss to boss stuff (the party thing, clearing out those named elites before that courtyard boss, etc) but its obviously much easier and faster like any heroic.

actually curious about heroic khara now, I only finished the mythic once before I stopped playing.

btw I forgot to ask, but did they "fix" Demo locks or are they just a lost cause for this expansion?

Edit: just found out about the blood trader in Dalaran... 4k order hall resources for 20 blood?

giphy.gif

Syf

Banned
Guild squeaked out an Avatar kill on our last pull tonight. As someone who follows the lore, that boss was a treat to see in action.

Nokterian

Did Mythic 11 Vault of the Wardens when you kill those adds they go into a mini boss mode forgot the name but it added another layer upon it that i really like, very challenging good thing i found people who know what there doing and it is pretty fun.

pretty disapointed with the new dungeon tbh. Last 2 bosses in the same room, really?

on the flip side, I actually enjoyed court of stars heroic. You still have all the non-boss to boss stuff (the party thing, clearing out those named elites before that courtyard boss, etc) but its obviously much easier and faster like any heroic.

actually curious about heroic khara now, I only finished the mythic once before I stopped playing.

btw I forgot to ask, but did they "fix" Demo locks or are they just a lost cause for this expansion?

Edit: just found out about the blood trader in Dalaran... 4k order hall resources for 20 blood?

giphy.gif

Yes they added in not long ago i think 7.2, but ate one point you have so many resources you don't know what to do with it. I have on my druid nearly 70k and my DK around 40k, my guardians are equipped with items that give me more resources when i am done with WQ.

Only good thing i do buy from those resources is seal of broken fate,buy for of them each week. I do every WQ that gives resources just to stack it all up. On my druid i have nearly 300 blood of sargeras so i can buy lots and lots of resources.

Fjordson

Order hall resources are outta control lol. I have 286k and basically only use them to buy bonus roll coins.

Wish Blizz had made it so that you could purchase the new 110 heirloom upgrades with them.

Godan

So decided to change up my ui and move over to Elvui only issue i have though it with the tool tips i have it to move over but i also seem to have a name display over so the text overlaps.

https://i.gyazo.com/6941f6873efad95bd50c1ac143696472.png

As you can see from the image i have locked the tool tip but when i mouse over the npc i get his name up. Does anyone know how to display the npc names show like that, Can't seem to find anything on google about it thanks.

traveler

Not Wario
hmmmmmmm

Appropriate way to end the threat of Sarg, I suppose. It would have been total nonsense for us to fight him directly.

I mean... we end up fighting Aggramar and a brand new titan.... that seems just as crazy. If we're going to fight Titans at all, why not have us fight a weakened Spirit of Sargeras or some such?

Rhaknar

some more tidbits, not that anyone cares, but I like to share when I like stuff.

Did Nighthold LFR, just to see the place. Really liked it. LFR aside (I only did LFR draenor raids also and I didnt like them at all), I thought it was really cool. Im a big fan of raids that feel like cities or proper locations, with defined areas "this is the garden, this is the lab, etc", I love me a good servant boss because servant bosses always have the best dialogue, I liked that bridge fight with the dude form the broken shore scenario, Guldan seems like its a hell of a fight on proper modes, and that cutscene at the end is badass (I hadnt seen it yet somehow?). Really cool stuff.

It did dawn on me how A) LFR is basically a heroic (as in, heroic dungeon) with 25 ppl instead of 5 and B) I prefer to LFR as a healer, becaue the healer's role is still the same even in LFR, youre there to, well heal. I know dps is there to dps, but like you can not avoid shit (actually I always try to avoid shit, I play LFR like I would any normal thing) and probably not die or even get hurt much, but as a healer, you are still healing. And in my experience, a lot because peeps be dumbasses in LFR lol.

Even for dungeons I prefer to heal, I just like to heal. And therein lies the question, im loving my hunter when im outdoors, but these group stuff I would really rather heal it. So now im thinking what I could play (now that im leaning more and more towards a resub) that I would enjoy to heal these casual things, but also enjoy the dps spec of.

and druid is not it unfortunately, I love to heal with it, but I ahte its dps specs. I guess I could go back to lvling my pali (speaking of let me go do this invasion wtih him). I never tried shadow on my holy priest (in fact I didnt even get the artifact), is that cool these days? Priest has the bonus of getting those awesome new healing animations soon.

Monk was one of my mains this expansion and I kinda wanted something new also. Guess that leaves shaman but im not really a fan of any of their specs :/

strafer

Man, WoW in 2017

Some amazing looking stuff on Argus. Someone go show me this in 2004, haha, when I was looking at terrain tool rounded lump mountains in Redridge.

This is why I hope they never upgrade the graphics engine for the game, I absolutely adore the artstyle.

carlsojo

Limiting it to the raid would've been weird anyway. My guess is that there's going to be a transitional quest into the next expac that takes it away and probably adds all the appearances you earned into transmog.

My personal theory is that we're going to use our artifacts to power the mechanism that thrusts us forward in time, a la the Temple of Time and the Master Sword.

Nokterian

Demon Hunter Vengeance is fun, i like how active this tank is. Going to deck him out more and do some mythic+ later on. I have 3 tanks now that i enjoy..druid,death knight and demon hunter.

strafer

Can't wait to see this.

Arator the Redeemer: No doubt my mother will soon ask about Sylvanas. What are you going to tell her?
Vereesa Windrunner: It is a conversation I know we must have, but the thought of it fills me with dread. How can I explain to Alleria what our sister has become? The truth will break her heart.

Alleria Windrunner: I must know, Vereesa. What fate befell our sister?
Vereesa Windrunner: Give me a moment. I will do my best to explain...
Alleria Windrunner: Impossible! I refuse to believe she now leads the Horde. Not after all they did to our people during the war.
Vereesa Windrunner: There is more. I... I am not sure how to explain the rest. Or if this is even the time or place to-
Alleria Windrunner: Sisters are complicated. Especially the undead ones.
Vereesa Windrunner: Perhaps we had best discuss the matter in private. Come, sister.

I didn't realize people still botted the pit of whatever place in Uldum with the croc eggs. Was pretty obnoxious to complete the quest there with 4 botting rogues.

Order hall resources are outta control lol. I have 286k and basically only use them to buy bonus roll coins.

Wish Blizz had made it so that you could purchase the new 110 heirloom upgrades with them.

Would it blow your mind if I told you you can buy 5 bloods for 5k order resources in your class hall?

TheYanger

Does ilvl on jewelry matter these days? I remember last time I played it didn't.

Ilevel always mattered, it was just that primary stats aren't on them so if your secondary balance was out of whack it would not offset things as much as most gear. Jewelry has one of the highest scaling rates in the game and always did this xpac :)

Ilevel always mattered, it was just that primary stats aren't on them so if your secondary balance was out of whack it would not offset things as much as most gear. Jewelry has one of the highest scaling rates in the game and always did this xpac :)

So it's the same. You just need the right secondary stats on jewelry.

TheYanger

So it's the same. You just need the right secondary stats on jewelry.

I mean, no? the ilevel matters just like it always did. If your class literally values say, crit 5 times as much as vers, then a vers one won't be remotely as good as a crit one, clearly, but A) that's not how basically any class works. B) it's not any different from any other piece of gear, it's just that primary stat is strong enough to offset that on other stuff almost accross the board. They made the ilevel scaling HIGHER on jewelry so that it's less likely to happen. losing 2000 vers for 500 crit isn't really a gain for almost anyone ever.

v1perz53

Argh, getting really frustrated. Decided to do some M+, brought a key up yesterday and our +15 was... Cathedral. We gave it a shot, but honestly not worth doing with our comp and gear, we couldn't meet the first boss's soft enrage without lust and didn't feel like waiting 10 min between pulls. (I really think sated should clear on death once you've failed the timer). We say fuck it, work up another stone. Get god damn Upper Kara 15. After much struggle (and having to use a 3x immunity rotation to soak the orbs on Worm Boss) we get to the last boss. Wipe at 2%, don't have another good attempt for a few pulls though and our healer had to go. God that zone made me miss my magic mitigation as a druid. Get back together today, work up a new key, bam Cathedral 15. For fucks sake, I feel like I'm being trolled.

At least without depletion we can smash that dumb cathedral key back down to a +9 and 3 chest it to get back a 12. Kind of sad that a 9 cathedral is basically a guarateed 3 chest for us, but a 10 is almost surely a 1 chest, those bosses scale so poorly with tyrannical, and this is AFTER they've been nerfed.

Rhaknar

finally got my shadow art this morning, and shadow actually seems really fun.No mana? Im super down with that. Spells look cool, insanity is a neat angle.

Whatever I do with alts (or...err...I mean the concept of an alt is meaningless when theres no main) one thing is for sure tho.

A) I need that instant 40 art knowledge thing (im at 30 now with my hunter, at 40 I can give instant 40 to my other dudes right?)

B) I need flying

edit: wtf at these 880 engineering crafted goggles cant be upgraded to 900 with obliterum...welp thats a waste of 4k gold (which is nothing these days I guess)

Did a +17 with my guild. We got Explosive+Fort Cathederal. We couldn't do the first boss. This is a group of guys decked out in 920 shit and we got shit stomped.

Argh, getting really frustrated. Decided to do some M+, brought a key up yesterday and our +15 was... Cathedral. We gave it a shot, but honestly not worth doing with our comp and gear, we couldn't meet the first boss's soft enrage without lust and didn't feel like waiting 10 min between pulls. (I really think sated should clear on death once you've failed the timer). We say fuck it, work up another stone. Get god damn Upper Kara 15. After much struggle (and having to use a 3x immunity rotation to soak the orbs on Worm Boss) we get to the last boss. Wipe at 2%, don't have another good attempt for a few pulls though and our healer had to go. God that zone made me miss my magic mitigation as a druid. Get back together today, work up a new key, bam Cathedral 15. For fucks sake, I feel like I'm being trolled.

At least without depletion we can smash that dumb cathedral key back down to a +9 and 3 chest it to get back a 12. Kind of sad that a 9 cathedral is basically a guarateed 3 chest for us, but a 10 is almost surely a 1 chest, those bosses scale so poorly with tyrannical, and this is AFTER they've been nerfed.

Tyrannical Kara is basically original Shade of Xavius / Wrath of Azshara level busted. Attumen in lower is the worst. Shared Suffering just isn't doable without enough immunities or short enough tank CDs.

Rhaknar

so I checked my monk and she was actually ahead on Pathfinder, she only needed A Change of Seasons to finish it (my hunter still needs the previous one aswell), so I did it and now I got the achievement. Those last few quests were a load of bollocks (fuck those leylines).

Please tell me I dont have to do that shit again, because fuck THAT. Can I do Pathfinder Part 2 on my hunter then (since she is already honored with the broken shore guys and I heard you need revered)?

Nokterian

so I checked my monk and she was actually ahead on Pathfinder, she only needed A Change of Seasons to finish it (my hunter still needs the previous one aswell), so I did it and now I got the achievement. Those last few quests were a load of bollocks (fuck those leylines).

Please tell me I dont have to do that shit again, because fuck THAT. Can I do Pathfinder Part 2 on my hunter then (since she is already honored with the broken shore guys and I heard you need revered)?

Yes you can finish pathfinder on a character when you have other things checked from another character.

Corpekata

Banned
Kara on higher keystones in general just sucks, especially Lower on Fortified. Most of the affixes just don't work that well with the place. Something like teeming + explosive in the constant huge trash packs in lower is just a nightmare, the challenge being more being to target the damn bombs than anything else.

v1perz53

Kara on higher keystones in general just sucks, especially Lower on Fortified. Most of the affixes just don't work that well with the place. Something like teeming + explosive in the constant huge trash packs in lower is just a nightmare, the challenge being more being to target the damn bombs than anything else.

Lower on fortified is horrible because of the huge trash pulls and some trash mechanics, especially combined with ones that scale with the number of mobs in a pull like explosive or necrotic (which I have a big issue with, I think it is super dumb that mechanics scale with mob number). Upper on tyrannical is horrible because the bosses are mechanically brutal and have soft enrage timers requiring X DPS, like the mana wrym boss where each stack you have of absorbing the balls does 750k damage/sec, so you have like 3 ball phases before you wipe, or Flame Wreathe on Medivh doing 1 million damage/second to the people with it, and it explodes if they die. Oh BTW lower kara is also horrible on Tyrannical thanks to Garrote scaling with longer boss time on Moroes and Shared Suffering scaling stupidly on Attumen. Yea, Kara sucks in general for M+ stones...

But I still think Cathedral takes the cake. We did the math, and found that because of the "soft enrage" debuff that stacks every 30 seconds on the first boss, if your fight takes 300 seconds your group will be taking ~2 million damage/second EACH just from the DoT. And to beat the boss before that, you need to sustain ~800k DPS on the boss from every player. Which wouldn't be too bad but there are a ton of add phases where they need to be killed as they spawn of they wipe you. Crazy that a +15 dungeon could be mathematically impossible for my 915 ilvl group where all our players parse at 90% or higher for their ilvl on DPS. And that's the first boss...

Though all is well I guess. We went back in and worked a new stone and got a +15 nelth's lair. Certainly no cakewalk to tank on my druid now (first boss's Razor Shards hit me for 8 million damage without a CD, and with Mark of Ursol removed I didn't have that many available...) but we got through it without too much trouble and actually got our 15. I will say though that these +15s feel WAY harder than the last time the max was 15.

Rhaknar

am I missing something with the broken shore rep? 75 each world quest seems... low.

Syf

Banned
Contribute supplies to the building construction for 150 each, and do the legionfall questline for 1500 each. You can get rep missions in your class hall if you've been working on your followers. And you can pick legionfall from the kirin tor emissary too.

TheYanger

am I missing something with the broken shore rep? 75 each world quest seems... low.

If you just do the questline from the island you'll get exalted almost immediately, it was gated per week before. And yeah the turnins at the table up there give a bunch.

Rhaknar

If you just do the questline from the island you'll get exalted almost immediately, it was gated per week before. And yeah the turnins at the table up there give a bunch.

dude ive been doing the quest and im 2k/12k :(

I assume one of the branches is this stupid 100 marks of something from illidan? cause that is a fucking pain and the only I havent done yet

edit: sidenote, Shadow is visually fantastic, holy shit

Lain

The problem with the rep from the WQs on the shore is that the blue WQs and the Elite WQs also give just 75.
This is offset from the table turn ins giving rep too, plus the whole chain now being unlocked and the upgrades to rep tokens from the follower missions, which can come in as greater, thus giving 1500 rep for the generic Legion reps/750 for Nightfallen and Legionfall reps.

A negative to the questline rep intake is the Sentinax farming part of it, which imo sucks more today than before simply because less people spend time doing that (speaking of mostly never seeing people below the Sentinax anymore when going there, obviously some farming groups still are on the finder), but I never liked that part of the quest so whatever.

Get into a Sentinax farming group through the finder Rhaknar, you should get done pretty quickly then with that step.
One thing to keep in mind on the chain though is that every step is simply a tutorial on the stuff you can do in the zone, so you'll have a kill 3 Lieutenants, open 5 chests, do 12 WQs, complete a BS follower mission etc and if you already completed all the WQs available before getting to the step, for example, it'll be a bit longer to get there.

Rhaknar

oh I got into a group with that quest finder thing and did it in 15mins lol.

man that thing is a life saver

Tarazet

They aren't bad exactly, just extremely inflexible. I think the mobility "issues" from the constant hard casting are actually obviated by the fact that you don't do the bulk of the damage yourself. Destruction suffers A LOT from movement and downtime. Demo suffers from immunity phases, spread targets and target swapping. Affliction suffers from immunity phases only.

I've taken my 910 Demo Lock into +8 Court of Stars and he was a stud there. Lots of stacked cleave and no movement single target fights.

Nokterian

They aren't bad exactly, just extremely inflexible. I think the mobility "issues" from the constant hard casting are actually obviated by the fact that you don't do the bulk of the damage yourself. Destruction suffers A LOT from movement and downtime. Demo suffers from immunity phases, spread targets and target swapping. Affliction suffers from immunity phases only.

I've taken my 910 Demo Lock into +8 Court of Stars and he was a stud there. Lots of stacked cleave and no movement single target fights.

Warlocks are still in a bad place..the class fantasy is not working as intended, i keep away from it until it is fixed. Other classes are more enjoyable at this moment.

Affliction is okay at the moment. The other two specs definitely need work.

Demo sort of fulfills the fantasy, but is terrible to play.

Destro doesn't fulfill the fantasy, and is mediocre to play.

Top Bottom