• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Fjordson

Finally got the fox mount!!!

Been running the withered training consistently + the Nightfallen emissary whenever it pops up on two characters for months.

Finaj

A set of armor from Kul'Tiras was datamined from the newest 7.3 PTR build.

Ex: inv_chest_cloth_kultirasquest_b_01

It very well might be that we get our South Seas expansion next.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so went back to this while I have my free days up, and I got more into it with my Hunter. I forgot how much I loved BM. Then I popped on my Pali, who was 100, and I also got into it as Ret (even tho I have the holy art sigh), I think all my time with mobas and recently Diablo have made me apreciate simple rotations more I guess (which both these specs clearly have).

I did a Invasion just now on the Pali and it gave me like a level and a half? I guess thats not bad, at least it gave me 102 so I could get my Ret art heh.

Lain

I did a Invasion just now on the Pali and it gave me like a level and a half? I guess thats not bad, at least it gave me 102 so I could get my Ret art heh.

That invasion popped just as I was heading toward the PvP WQ in Val for the relic on my mage. It made me sad and forced me to go to dinner.

Finaj

This is a texture from the Kul'Tiras set:

DEFElM2XcAAFjny.jpg

More islands next xpac tho?

I think a shipfairing xpac would be fun and all sings point to N'zoth/Azshara (although who knows what the fuck will happen on Argus) but we are going to have to be seabound at some point, since the two largest remaining villains are down there

Syf

Banned
I would be so down for a Kul'Tiras & N'Zoth/Azshara expac with ships.

Less excited if it's just another island without ships.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did they buff Survival any since Legion launch?

frontovik

Banned
It sounds logical as Jaina has been off the grid for awhile.

I'd groan if she's the next villain though, which is likely as she exhibited jingoistic attitudes since MoP. (Perhaps she will be a Garrosh for the Alliance and cause a "civil war" .. which will prompt a coalition against Kul Tiras.)

....and because Blizzard always enjoys showcasing corrupted villains in its stories. Metzen would be proud.

Corsick

Anyone else guildless because they fear the pressure of a schedule? Or having to regularly contribute? I just want to do some mythic runs every now and then and shit talk on the weekends with some pvp or something. Is the guild finder feature worthwhile?.

Syf

Banned
Wonder if it could be announced at BlizzCon this year. Would mean about two years between expansions again if they announced this year and released late 2018. 7.3 looks pretty climactic as far as the Legion storyline goes and we should be well into that by November.

Rhaknar

between the new Ass Creed and that ship combat game Ubisoft announced at E3, if WoW has a island expansion where the gimmick is you have your own naval ship, 2018 will be the year of the ship confirmed :3

Also the 2 pirates games, the MS one and the new one announced.

edit: Sea of Thieves and Skull and Crossbones or something?

I quit the game right as the expansion hit, but I am feeling the itch to come back now.

Is it even worth trying to come back, or am I so far behind on artifact power that I will be forever uselessly gimp?

Same question then. Is it worth it if I don't want to feel gimp?

It depends. If you're lone-wolfing it, are you going to play a hybrid class? Will you tank or heal? You'll have an easier time with Mythic+ content playing as a tank or healer, which will drastically increase the speed at which you gear and increase your chances at getting legendaries.

Rhaknar

semi-related to what Waffle is asking, just a little report on the last couple of days since Blizz gave me the 7 day pass (which ends on monday):

- so I was leveling my Pali alt and got him to 104 but that wasnt really doing it for me and the prospect of doing all that shit at 110 again wasnt very appealing, especially when im not sure what ill do after monday. So I went back to my Hunter.

My Hunter started off as my expansion main, as I was going to go in fully casual, just solo my way through with the new world quests and tiers back in LFR. But then some old time WoW friends were playing and I started playing with them, eventually raiding with them (not in the guild tho, because I knew what would happen, ppl would stop or I would want to stop and feel bad...both things happened lol) as a healer, first as a Monk, and later as a Druid which was my de-facto "main" when I stopped 7 months ago, shortly before the Nightfal raid came out.

So now all those guys have stopped playing again as usual (as did I) so I thought "welp, maybe its time to go back to the original expansion plan, at least for a few days" and I did. And, well, I still love Beast Mastery (just tried Survival for a bit earlier, its still fun but seems like a lot more hassle for the same shit I can do safely miles away with my dinos eating mobs) so thats a good first step. I love the short rotation (like I said earlier, I think my months playing mobas and diablo have made me like few spell rotations), I love the look of the spec (I'm a big pet fanboy in any game), I love how mobile it is since nothign roots you in place while casting (big no no with most ranged wow classes for me these days, again influenced by other games), so yeah, its fun. Some thingies I noticed:

- Dire Beast has charges now, thats neat.
- You can change back Haty's look finally, so I can have my duo Thokk's out now without having to worry about ruining Haty forever.
- You buy artifact knowledge with 500 resources now instead of researching? Ok, thats cool, got it up to rank 19 quickly. Unfortunately all my art power things I got from world quests werent affected lol.
- Speaking of world quests, I see they are still great to gear up casually, as I quickly went from ilvl 550 to 554 from just doing the 3 emissary cache runs.
- Still no legendary, what else is new lol (my druid and monk both have legendaries, granted I played them a lot more)
- Shit dies fast out in the world even at just 550 (well 554 now) which is fun.
- Invasions are cool but I got disconected in the scenario, and when I came back it was over, it still counted for the invasion quest, but I later found out the scenario boss actually drops a lot of goodies and now im sad. Oh well.

So yeah, im enjoying myself, and I actually have a lot of things to do, so a resub if only for a month would be a no brainer, except for the fact that the Diablo season starts in 2 weeks, and I know for a fact that will be my go to "play for a few hours" or "play for a bit at work" game (speaking of, Legion is still a great expansion to sneak in at work, do a few world quests, no pressure, you can stop whenever, its cool... dont be jelly :p), so now I'm thinking if subbing for 2 weeks is worth it.

And looking what I could do in the meantime Im thinking yes? Let's see:

- I still need to get flying
- I need my class mount (I lvoe the hunter one so thats another good reason to play it)
- I havent done Nighthold at all, so I could LFR that quickly just to see it. Same for Tomb which by the time Diablo season starts, should be in wing 3 so I would have seen most of it (and I mean, its not like I cant do wing 4 quickly to see kill jaeden)
- I see those Suramar dungeons and Khara are heroic dungeons now, thats neat, could do those. And there is a new (locked) dungeon also.
- I havent done any of Broken Shore

And of course I would be casually gearing up, nothing amazing obviously but certainly would end up much higher than I am now (Tomb LFR starts at 880 or something?). And how knows maybe a Legendary pops up.

So im thinking that is worth a 1 month sub, even if I end up just playing 2 weeks of it. Is 2 weeks enough to get flying and the class mount for example? Oh and also, did they change it so you can do those artifact quests in LFR or not so much? :/

edit: sorry for the long rant, and Waffle, as someone also popping back after a long absence, at first glance it feels like its worth it, as you can see from my post.

Lain

By artifact quests I imagine you mean the Balance of Power quest, in which case that's a no.

To get flying you need Revered with the Broken Shore faction (and the previous achievement I don't remember the name of) and that should be doable within two weeks, I think, since you have all the 1500rep quests available to do back to back now. Add the WQs, the turn ins at the table and the tokens from the followers missions and you can get it fairly quickly. The quest chain also gets you to start your class mount quest at the end so it's a win/win.

Godan

Wonder if it could be announced at BlizzCon this year. Would mean about two years between expansions again if they announced this year and released late 2018. 7.3 looks pretty climactic as far as the Legion storyline goes and we should be well into that by November.

I can see them maybe showing it at Gamescom again this year so they have more to talk about at Blizzcon and 7.3 could be out by the time November come or at least be extremely close to coming out.

Nokterian

semi-related to what Waffle is asking, just a little report on the last couple of days since Blizz gave me the 7 day pass (which ends on monday):

- so I was leveling my Pali alt and got him to 104 but that wasnt really doing it for me and the prospect of doing all that shit at 110 again wasnt very appealing, especially when im not sure what ill do after monday. So I went back to my Hunter.

My Hunter started off as my expansion main, as I was going to go in fully casual, just solo my way through with the new world quests and tiers back in LFR. But then some old time WoW friends were playing and I started playing with them, eventually raiding with them (not in the guild tho, because I knew what would happen, ppl would stop or I would want to stop and feel bad...both things happened lol) as a healer, first as a Monk, and later as a Druid which was my de-facto "main" when I stopped 7 months ago, shortly before the Nightfal raid came out.

So now all those guys have stopped playing again as usual (as did I) so I thought "welp, maybe its time to go back to the original expansion plan, at least for a few days" and I did. And, well, I still love Beast Mastery (just tried Survival for a bit earlier, its still fun but seems like a lot more hassle for the same shit I can do safely miles away with my dinos eating mobs) so thats a good first step. I love the short rotation (like I said earlier, I think my months playing mobas and diablo have made me like few spell rotations), I love the look of the spec (I'm a big pet fanboy in any game), I love how mobile it is since nothign roots you in place while casting (big no no with most ranged wow classes for me these days, again influenced by other games), so yeah, its fun. Some thingies I noticed:

- Dire Beast has charges now, thats neat.
- You can change back Haty's look finally, so I can have my duo Thokk's out now without having to worry about ruining Haty forever.
- You buy artifact knowledge with 500 resources now instead of researching? Ok, thats cool, got it up to rank 19 quickly. Unfortunately all my art power things I got from world quests werent affected lol.
- Speaking of world quests, I see they are still great to gear up casually, as I quickly went from ilvl 550 to 554 from just doing the 3 emissary cache runs.
- Still no legendary, what else is new lol (my druid and monk both have legendaries, granted I played them a lot more)
- Shit dies fast out in the world even at just 550 (well 554 now) which is fun.
- Invasions are cool but I got disconected in the scenario, and when I came back it was over, it still counted for the invasion quest, but I later found out the scenario boss actually drops a lot of goodies and now im sad. Oh well.

So yeah, im enjoying myself, and I actually have a lot of things to do, so a resub if only for a month would be a no brainer, except for the fact that the Diablo season starts in 2 weeks, and I know for a fact that will be my go to "play for a few hours" or "play for a bit at work" game (speaking of, Legion is still a great expansion to sneak in at work, do a few world quests, no pressure, you can stop whenever, its cool... dont be jelly :p), so now I'm thinking if subbing for 2 weeks is worth it.

And looking what I could do in the meantime Im thinking yes? Let's see:

- I still need to get flying
- I need my class mount (I lvoe the hunter one so thats another good reason to play it)
- I havent done Nighthold at all, so I could LFR that quickly just to see it. Same for Tomb which by the time Diablo season starts, should be in wing 3 so I would have seen most of it (and I mean, its not like I cant do wing 4 quickly to see kill jaeden)
- I see those Suramar dungeons and Khara are heroic dungeons now, thats neat, could do those. And there is a new (locked) dungeon also.
- I havent done any of Broken Shore

And of course I would be casually gearing up, nothing amazing obviously but certainly would end up much higher than I am now (Tomb LFR starts at 880 or something?). And how knows maybe a Legendary pops up.

So im thinking that is worth a 1 month sub, even if I end up just playing 2 weeks of it. Is 2 weeks enough to get flying and the class mount for example? Oh and also, did they change it so you can do those artifact quests in LFR or not so much? :/

edit: sorry for the long rant, and Waffle, as someone also popping back after a long absence, at first glance it feels like its worth it, as you can see from my post.

Also when your AK level is 40 you can buy it for 1000 resources in your order hall for your alts, so when they are 110 you give it to them and bam there level 40 instantly,saves a lot of time to get to that level.

Legendary's they can drop from raids,dungeons and emissary quests. It really depends on luck really.

This expansion has been great so far...broken shore felt a bit shallow on the other hand but those WQ and Mythic Dungeons and raids keep me occupied. But also PvP i want my new artifact appearance to be unlocked for my bear druid. Getting ever old set for transmogrification is a blast to get them.

When you do invasions and getting shards you can gear up a new char very fast at the broken shore in no time to around 855/860 ilevel when you deliver them. The other dude sells them also and those costs 5000 shards per item but you get around 900+ ilevel items.

It isn't even funny how much faster it is to level PVE as a Windwalker versus being a Mistweaver. No AP, no relics and I just melt stuff versus the long drawn out fights as a Mistweaver.

I wouldn't even mind the fights taking longer as a MW if I had more abilitites to use. The feedback loop that Teachings of the Monastery gives Tiger Palm, Blackout and Rising Kick isn't enough

mclem

For old times' sake, does anyone have a working link to the old Teron Gorefiend flash trainer? I assume the mechanic's been lessened for TW BT, but I'm hoping to unleash a nostalgia bomb on my guild :)

I hate my RNG luck. Did Jim and Apcron and got literally nothing. I even did a bonus roll on both and got nothing. I did Mythic NH and got nothing but a shitty 890...goddamn.

Shahadan

If that Black Temple timewalking next week has even half of the original's trash mobs I'm not bothering. This shit is already tedious solo when you can one shot everything so I'm not wasting hours and hours on that, especially for probably nothing.

Rambaldi

Anyone else guildless because they fear the pressure of a schedule? Or having to regularly contribute? I just want to do some mythic runs every now and then and shit talk on the weekends with some pvp or something. Is the guild finder feature worthwhile?.

Join a casual raiding guild imo. That's what I run and it's a vey successful small guild. We have our raiders and then we have our social people. If you want to do a dungeon - cool. If not, you can quest and just shoot the shit with people. There's so many decent guilds out there. I'm sure you can find something.

Fjordson

Yep. My playtime is super erratic so I haven't joined a raiding guild since Cata.

Godan

So Exorsus got Avatar down using a solo tank strat after Method seemed to 3 tank it.

Be interesting to see who gets first now.

Finished up all the main story stuff in WoD, and I have to say I enjoyed the questing. It felt meaty, and told an interesting enough story for the solo/leveling player, unlike previous expansions, where the climax to everything was in a dungeon or raid. There should always be great stuff for those that raid, but don't leave me hanging all the time. :)

On the negative side, it looks like Tanaan is as much of a poop hole as Island of Thunder, but I guess I need to quest there so my alts can fly. I'm ready to start up Legion at the same time.

So Exorsus got Avatar down using a solo tank strat after Method seemed to 3 tank it.

Be interesting to see who gets first now.
That info is usually based on what spec they log out in, not what they played during the encounter. Sometimes they switched to do something else, sometimes they do it intentionally to try to cast doubt on strats.

So maybe but also maybe not.

Syf

Banned
hmmmmmmm

Appropriate way to end the threat of Sarg, I suppose. It would have been total nonsense for us to fight him directly.
I'd be satisfied with this ending too. Would've been ludicrous to actually fight Sargeras. This also likely confirms Legion's main story ends in 7.3 and we can look forward to an expansion announcement by the end of the year.
Finished up all the main story stuff in WoD, and I have to say I enjoyed the questing. It felt meaty, and told an interesting enough story for the solo/leveling player, unlike previous expansions, where the climax to everything was in a dungeon or raid. There should always be great stuff for those that raid, but don't leave me hanging all the time. :)

On the negative side, it looks like Tanaan is as much of a poop hole as Island of Thunder, but I guess I need to quest there so my alts can fly. I'm ready to start up Legion at the same time.
Yeah, the WoD questing was great imo. Legion continues that, at least until the broken shore.

TheYanger

To be fair, they finish storylines in dungeons and raids because you have to be literally allergic to even seeing another player to not be able to do them. With LFR and LFD you can just spectator mode everything relevant with 0 interaction wtih other people. WoD definitely doesn't 'end' if you don't raid, btw ;) but you'll want to level a bit more to be able to go solo the old raids on lfr or normal and see what goes on at this point.

Also, yes, everyone was very high on WOD to start, it only got bad when they didn't release any content at all for the entire expansion basically. Even Garrisons were a lot of fun in small doses/on the PTR, it was only when it went live that you saw 'oh, this actually just means we sit in our garrison and never see anyone'

Man, WoW in 2017

MoP still looks unreal. I don't care for Blizzard's art design usually, but they really know how to execute. WOW has some of the fucking ugliest armor and weapons I've ever seen, but I know that's subjective, and again, I can't complain about the execution of it.

Top Bottom