• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, like

i play a lot of champions that have lots of responsabilities like hey u gotta stomp lane as syndra or leblanc or u gotta land that crazy shockwave with ori or u gotta roam like crazy with taliyah etc etc.

with anivia you just gotta farm and care for yourself and eventually you get silly

she's still demanding in positioning and shit and u need to create picks with wall but it's a lot less stressful than playing syndra or something

drawkcaB

I think the worst thing an ADC I'm supporting can say to me start the game is "play passively". Why beat around the bush? Just tell me you straight up suck so I plan accordingly.

I hate when I have an ADC whose actions say 'I'm perfectly fine with getting pushed in level 1. Who needs to get to level 2 first anyways?'

zkylon

zkylewd
they keep tweaking pugmaw but that skin is just bad

just do a costume like alistar

would also be lame but whatever, all these skins suck

I think the worst thing an ADC I'm supporting can say to me start the game is "play passively". Why beat around the bush? Just tell me you straight up suck so I plan accordingly.

i feel like u should always plan for ur adc to suck

that way u don't get disappointed

Welp, bought a key , crafted E Lux and got 4 free icons too, cool

This type of thing is highly match up dependant. Being mindlessly aggressive at level 1 is how you lose some lanes 3 minutes in

Agree, you can unintencionally feed early making the ADC and the Support angry each other as result

Maybe he picked it up because spell vamp? Not that it was necessarily a good choice.

Spellvamp is crap on him

I can see it being used to combo torment+the damage and slow in order to lock someone down, but thats such a gaudy item. If the Swain was already ahead, I can see him buying it as a yolo item.

Spellvamp is crap on him

I can see it being used to combo torment+the damage and slow in order to lock someone down, but thats such a gaudy item. If the Swain was already ahead, I can see him buying it as a yolo item.

I don't disagree, I'm just trying to put myself in that Swain's mindset and figure it out.

Also it feels so good to help carry a losing game with my ADC. 6 item cait + lulu buffs = pretty good late game.

Newt

Seems legit.

2d7a661b1ba19509ec853563e0f2c84a.png

DevilDog

You can't do shit when you got 2 afks, again. Send help.

Afk from the start. Why, oh why?

And why does the game continue? All these questions.

DevilDog

Because there are not AFK, they are just there, standing in the base

But in other games, if someone stands in your base with or without ever moving, he gets kicked or the game allows you to leave without a penalty.

And I'm not kidding when I'm saying that out of the last 20 matches, in 15 of them I had one or more people afk on my team. Always on my team. Jeez.

And not for 1 or 2 minutes, for the whole game. Why. Why join and immedaitely go afk, and why am I not allowed to leave without getting a penalty.

But in other games, if someone stands in your base with or without ever moving, he gets kicked or the game allows you to leave without a penalty.

And I'm not kidding when I'm saying that out of the last 20 matches, in 15 of them I had one or more people afk on my team. Always on my team. Jeez.

And not for 1 or 2 minutes, for the whole game. Why. Why join and immedaitely go afk, and why am I not allowed to leave without getting a penalty.

I think if they go AFK after the min 3, the game wont start a remake vote which is silly.

Elementalist Lux skin mini game is quite confusing, I managed to get Pixie Lux as last tier skin.

I didnt know I have to combine the previous two elements to get the last one so I couldnt pick dark lux and you cant like reroll the last tier, you are stuck for the rest of the game wth.

I dont remember the first choice elements warns you about it and you have to deal damage on champions, not assists or kills but damage to upgrade the skin. And whats the deal with her voice, its like you have different champs in one champion that is not Lux. the LATAM VA sounds boring and not really feeling the champ.

23qwerty

Elementalist Lux skin mini game is quite confusing, I managed to get Pixie Lux as last tier skin.

I didnt know I have to combine the previous two elements to get the last one so I couldnt pick dark lux and you cant like reroll the last tier, you are stuck for the rest of the game wth.

I dont remember the first choice elements warns you about it and you have to deal damage on champions, not assists or kills but damage to upgrade the skin. And whats the deal with her voice, its like you have different champs in one champion that is not Lux. the LATAM VA sounds boring and not really feeling the champ.
wait what

zkylon

zkylewd
champ select on pbe looks so much better

9978979.jpg

god Nier Automata is so good you guys

I played it for like 9 hours straight today on PC

have some 2B
why not post the cool pic ur buddy zeronis drew :>

i bought nier 2 but my stupid brother paused my download when i was out so he could watch rupaul's drag race and now it's 16gbs from downloading

in his defense rupaul's drag race is the best thing on netflix so i can't blame him

yeah riot kept talking about that minigame as it was a positive but it's devalues the skin quite a bit for me

if u could opt out of the minigame and just choose whichever skin you wanted that'd make the skin 100x better

i don't know why riot refused to let you disable that shitty minigame, it's the skarner rework of skins lol

zkylon

zkylewd
A2 > 9S > 2B

Liking 2B the best is like being a Riven main tbh.
this is costy we're talking about...

honestly i think the best yoko taro design was zero from drake3

that eye flower thing is so fucking stupid and so awesome

edit: disclaimer, i haven't played drake3 so idk if she's like a really lame character, i just like her design a whole lot

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I like the visual look of 2B better than 9S or A2. Haven't gotten too far but I'm hoping I'll have more time to play the game more soon.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea new champ select is looking bad ass

i really hope they do make the new client more responsive, it's still way too sluggish, it always hangs a bit before switching screens and even when it does you're often treated to a second of loading before it shows up ur stats. it's like it doesn't cache anything or whatever

i'm having trouble wrapping my head around why it works so bad, you'd think the bad responsiveness of the old client was the old tech and the bad code foundations but this one is just as bad

i just want something like overwatch, fancy animations are great and i want that too, but everything should be near instantaneous, i shouldn't have to wait to see my stats or my champions or whatever

it's crazy it runs this bad

that new champion select does look super fucking slick tho. i hope they meaningfully improve it soon, none of the updates they've released feel like they've changed anything for me

A2 > 9S > 2B

Liking 2B the best is like being a Riven main tbh.

I haven't met A2 yet

yea new champ select is looking bad ass

i really hope they do make the new client more responsive, it's still way too sluggish, it always hangs a bit before switching screens and even when it does you're often treated to a second of loading before it shows up ur stats. it's like it doesn't cache anything or whatever

i'm having trouble wrapping my head around why it works so bad, you'd think the bad responsiveness of the old client was the old tech and the bad code foundations but this one is just as bad

i just want something like overwatch, fancy animations are great and i want that too, but everything should be near instantaneous, i shouldn't have to wait to see my stats or my champions or whatever

it's crazy it runs this bad

that new champion select does look super fucking slick tho. i hope they meaningfully improve it soon, none of the updates they've released feel like they've changed anything for me

Peformance is number 1 priority for that team, they're seeing big gains every patch

also try low spec mode, it's really good if you're having trouble normally.

The client runs really well for me even on my old i5 3570k but it sucks for the people having issues. they're working hard on fixing them

The only thing I want from the new client atm is for Riot to fix that stupid alt tab glitch that completely fucks it up visually with black boxes everywhere

zkylon

zkylewd
Peformance is number 1 priority for that team, they're seeing big gains every patch

The client runs really well for me even on my old i5 3570k but it sucks for the people having issues. they're working hard on fixing them
i tried potato mode (even if i shouldn't considering my computer runs the actual game all maxed out at locked 60) but it doesn't change anything

it's not a performance thing, the client is just sluggish, idk how to explain it better, but i guess it waits for server response on everything or something, cos every time u click on something it feels like there's a small loading and that makes it feel really slow

it's the same sluggishness the old client had so it's nothing new, i switched to the new one cos they seem to have fixed all of the champion select bugs and this new client looks prettier, but it needs A TON of work before i could call it a real upgrade, both in responsiveness and UX just being kind of not great (specially the chat, i feel like i never use the chat anymore since i don't have the super useful tabs at the bottom)

also new features. it's cool that u can like change your settings from the client, but i did that like once 3 years ago lol, i want the client to have wishlists and i want the personalized shop back and i would like a cool model viewer and shit

JulianImp

I'm playing the game on my 2014 Macbook Pro since I need to get a wi-fi repeater to get my Windows desktop PC online, and I've got to say low-performance mode still sucks on it. I've gone back to the legacy client because the new one always hangs for a bit whenever I enter champion select (so playing normals would always get me the leftover roles), whenever I try to select summoners, and hangs awfully whenever I open up the masteries menu to check or edit them, and has generally bad performance all over the place. Even displaying combo boxes' contents is slow for some reason.

It's really weird how the new and "upgraded" client appears to crash and burn thanks to Mac not having a dedicated graphics card, while the old one is still perfectly reliably and doesn't hang with every other action I take. Then, there's another recent performance issue I had with the in-game client where it began dropping frames all the time without fail on fullscreen unless I constantly moved the mouse, so I begun playing on windowed mode to remedy that.

Anne

The new client keeps not letting me accept when queue pops ever since the last update and I am too lazy to downgrade :T

Hmm, gotta remember that in case I get paired with any koggies. Haven't used Lulu since last season, though.

Your kog'maw has to be not shit for this to be true, btw. Lulu is a solid pick regardless. You completely screw most assassins because you have a silence (polymorph), shield, and your ult is free health that isn't affected by ignite.

Top Bottom