• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samurai Jack continues to give me life.

bPZkn1u.gif

OH MY FUCKING GAWWWSH! HOW INCREDIBLE WAS THAT EPISODE?
The fights, the animation, the art, the intensity.
Jack looks like he's been through a lot in these past 50 years. Lost is sword and his purpose in life. He's seeing his own ghost, talking to it and thinking about killing himself. I was like GoSH! The beginning part with Aku was funny, but like y'all said in the thread It's going take some getting used to that new voice like for real.

We've never seen Jack take an ass whooping like this since he fought the guardian, but this shit was even better than that. OOH! Remember that part where they were in that tomb? That shit was intense as fuck.
GIdaRLt.gif

When they entered the room with all the stone caskets, I thought Jack might've been pretending to be that skeleton. When he was hiding I was wondering if they'd really be able to see that small speck of light produced from that firefly, but apparently so. The person who trained those daughters of Aku know how to train some fucking assassins. Great with weapons, can fight in the dark and underwater. Those are some bad bitches! Jack looked utterly shocked when he saw that was a human. He didn't seem to mad about it though. Couldn't pull out that blade. I thought he might have legit died there with how slow he was moving and you know those girls are fast. The shit with the animals was beautiful too, but I was trying to figure out what the deal was with that. That blood was incredible though. Can't believe that little thing took all those out, but it cost it its life.
I AM SO READY FOR THE NEXT EPISODE. I WANT TO WATCH ALL THE EPISODES!

Zekes!

Episode 2 even better. Tense as fuck.

Don't get me hyped like this Lotus

So I finished Zelda. 50+ hours. Was a hell of a ride. Taking some time to cool off before I decide if I wanna finish up what's left to do in my first save, or if I wanna start another for a 3 heart, straight to Ganon run. I'm playing Shovel Knight for the mean time, hoping to get further than I did when I played it on Wii U

edit: Damn it Blasian don't get me hyped eiiiiither

LotusHD

Banned
bPZkn1u.gif

OH MY FUCKING GAWWWSH! HOW INCREDIBLE WAS THAT EPISODE?
The fights, the animation, the art, the intensity.
Jack looks like he's been through a lot in these past 50 years. Lost is sword and his purpose in life. He's seeing his own ghost, talking to it and thinking about killing himself. I was like GoSH! The beginning part with Aku was funny, but like y'all said in the thread It's going take some getting used to that new voice like for real.

We've never seen Jack take an ass whooping like this since he fought the guardian, but this shit was even better than that. OOH! Remember that part where they were in that tomb? That shit was intense as fuck.
GIdaRLt.gif

When they entered the room with all the stone caskets, I thought Jack might've been pretending to be that skeleton. When he was hiding I was wondering if they'd really be able to see that small speck of light produced from that firefly, but apparently so. The person who trained those daughters of Aku know how to train some fucking assassins. Great with weapons, can fight in the dark and underwater. Those are some bad bitches! Jack looked utterly shocked when he saw that was a human. He didn't seem to mad about it though. Couldn't pull out that blade. I thought he might have legit died there with how slow he was moving and you know those girls are fast. The shit with the animals was beautiful too, but I was trying to figure out what the deal was with that. That blood was incredible though. Can't believe that little thing took all those out, but it cost it its life.
I AM SO READY FOR THE NEXT EPISODE. I WANT TO WATCH ALL THE EPISODES!

Never have I ever so badly wanted a show to be on Netflix. I want it all NOW.

Don't get me hyped like this Lotus

So I finished Zelda. 50+ hours. Was a hell of a ride. Taking some time to cool off before I decide if I wanna finish up what's left to do in my first save, or if I wanna start another for a 3 heart, straight to Ganon run. I'm playing Shovel Knight for the mean time, hoping to get further than I did when I played it on Wii U

edit: Damn it Blasian don't get me hyped eiiiiither

Icing on the cake is Samurai Jack has all these convenient parallels to BoTW. Every time I finish an episode, I feel like playing Zelda lol

This show is just pure art.

The only bad thing with that is we'd finish it in two days and then get sad we have nothing else to watch.

Icing on the cake is Samurai Jack has all these convenient parallels to BoTW. Every time I finish an episode, I feel like playing Zelda lol

Ugh, I'm still jealous of other people having the new Zelda.

Zekes!

I was literally thinking about a Samurai Jack game with the BotW engine while I watched episode 1. It would be perfect

The only thing that would give me pause is that my favourite thing about the world of Samurai Jack is that it feels infinite, which you could never translate to a video game

There's an interview out with Greg Baldwin regarding him taking over as Aku for this last season. Has some mild spoilers, so if you haven't already seen the first two episodes of season 5 I'd recommend watching those first before reading it. It's pretty interesting, honestly, if a little sobering. He seems very, very aware of the position he's in, like it or not.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Please tell me there is a streaming site to watch the new episode of samurai jack.

I think they put them up on the Adult Swim website, but you need a cable provider login.

Too early for the last one to be up though, it only hit a couple hours ago.

i'm sure less official sources have it somewhere, but I don't keep up with that stuff.

LionPride

Banned
Oh god, a Yoko Taro/Platinum take on Samurai Jack would be some crazy shit lmao
Never watched an episode of Samurai Jack until last week. My stupid kid brain thought it was stupid. I thought the same of Last Airbender. I was fucking dumb.

I'd play the hell out of a Platnium SJ game. Their Transformers game is fun as fuck, but just thinking about MGR with SJ? Whew boy.

Never watched an episode of Samurai Jack until last week. My stupid kid brain thought it was stupid. I thought the same of Last Airbender. I was fucking dumb.

I'd play the hell out of a Platnium SJ game. Their Transformers game is fun as fuck, but just thinking about MGR with SJ? Whew boy.
This right here. Can't believe I would rather watch Naruto over Avatar all those years back. Good thing I fixed that but still.

akira28

I'm with shaq. Earth is flat. (Get mad at the bullshit people say on the media every day, brehs)

I hope after all this he comes out with "who the fuck cares about this round earth, flat earth shit, we got real shit to worry about. someone it actually trying to flatten the Earth!"

edit: underground orgy circuit is a thing. I'm not into it, but if you were...and had 200 dollars...

akira28

Wait wut. ?

I feel like i've missed a big conversation in here.

oh just talking about the #ATLOrgy, lol. Orgy message boards, annual meetings, etc. They should have a council. And a chairperson.

There's an orgy house...well...a house that a local swingers group notoriously holds parties in a couple times a year out here. I think other people also rent it for weddings, etc. lol.

Shy

Just finished Iron Fist. Yeah, it's bad.
oh just talking about the #ATLOrgy, lol. Orgy message boards, annual meetings, etc. They should have a council. And a chairperson.

There's an orgy house...well...a house that a local swingers group notoriously holds parties in a couple times a year out here. I think other people also rent it for weddings, etc. lol.
Ohhh. LOL.

Well when you're having industrial scale orgies, you gotta have it organised. That's just a given. 😝

Sch1sm

Just finished Iron Fist. Yeah, it's bad

That show really disappointed me. For a bit, I thought it'd be less bad than the reviews. Come the end? Depressing how bad they were with creating this show. It's like they didn't care about closing plots with some flair after build up. Colleen and Claire all I cared for after the midpoint.

akira28

I'm dying. now I'm am imagining an Asian hipster DMX fan who talks in that DMX angry voice all the time. even shaved his head and has a vandyke like D

Just finished Iron Fist. Yeah, it's bad.

Ohhh. LOL.

Well when you're having industrial scale orgies, you gotta have it organised. That's just a given. ��

man I bet nothing kills a mood like a disorganized room full of angry naked people.

Shy

That show really disappointed me. For a bit, I thought it'd be less bad than the reviews. Come the end? Depressing how bad they were with creating this show. It's like they didn't care about closing plots with some flair after build up. Colleen and Claire all I cared for after the midpoint.
It felt like a couple of things for me.

!: They didn't understand, and were willing to invest in the Martial Arts choreography and philosophy.
2: were embarrassed by the premise of Iron Fist.

There were some other things. (The company storyline, the Hand etc) But i just chalked that up to bad pacing/writing.
man I bet nothing kills a mood like a disorganized room full of angry naked people.
LOL. Pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom