• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hashimoto: Bayonetta 1 will be available on eShop with Bayo 2 digital/retail purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you guys really dumb enough to completely fail to realize there's plenty of countries with retail price discrepancies on a single region or dou you just wanna defend something you like for the sake of it?

A wiiU retail games costs $100+ where I live (and in brazil, and argentina, and, and, and). We get the US price on the eShop

think for a minute ffs, I cant believe there's a handful of people here posting the same thing as "crisis adverted". not everone lives in the US.

Iol, you act like that's common knowledge to people in the US. I was also under the impression of "what's the big deal, just get retail" until your post.

It's unfair to berate people for lack of knowledge of that when there's rationally no way I could've known that unless someone informed me of it.

EDIT: US video game consumers aren't regularly informed at all with outside of US price discrepancies

scitek

I'm actually relieved because I thought it would just be a download code for the first game or something that was included.

Also, there have been lots of times where NOA has mismanaged the printing of physical discs like Xenoblade for Wii or Fire Emblem for 3DS for whatever reason. And have sometimes just referred people to the eShop. It's like some posters don't see the value in having parity... it may not affect you today, but...

Iol, you act like that's common knowledge to people in the US. I was also under the impression of "what's the big deal, just get retail" until your post.

It's unfair to berate people for lack of knowledge of that when there's rationally no way I could've known that unless someone informed me of it.
Not any more unfair than it is to assume that something that isn't a problem for you couldn't be a problem for someone else.

RE_Player

I understand the convenience of digital only games but dam people is it that hard to put a disc in a system? And if most of you are "all digital" anyway why not just leave Bayo in the disc drive? Basically the same thing no? Didn't think laziness could achieve another level.
You must be a blast to hang out with.

You must be a blast to hang out with.

The logic that people wont buy this game because Bayo 1 isn't included with the Digital version just doesn't make sense. If you want Bayo 1 then the retail version is the only option, but they don't want retail because its not convenient? Everyone here has grown up with over a decade of having to manually put a disc in a system, dont know why it seems like such a challenge now.

I understand that Digital Only consumers feel jipped but some people here feel like getting one Physical game to take advantage of the offer is sacrilege and would rather not have either game at all.

Zemm

Annoying, I'm trying to go all digital on the Wii U and obviously I'd have to go retail for this as I haven't played the first game yet (only have a PS3 and not going to waste a playthrough with that version). It's not a big deal but would still be nice if they included it with the digital download.

The logic that people wont buy this game because Bayo 1 isn't included with the Digital version just doesn't make sense. If you want Bayo 1 then the retail version is the only option, but they don't want retail because its not convenient? Everyone here has grown up with over a decade of having to manually put a disc in a system, dont know why it seems like such a challenge now.

I understand that Digital Only consumers feel jipped but some people here feel like getting one Physical game to take advantage of the offer is sacrilege and would rather not have either game at all.

You must have missed the post where in some territories the physical version is around $100, but digital is the US price ($60). This affects more than just convenience.

That you assume that most people will skip the game altogether is where the logic stops. I have an issue with how this distribution is currently explained. The decision I make after that (which would be to buy the disc) is irrelevant. And you shouldn't care if I buy retail or digital when you clearly see that their distribution arrangement is unfair based on how they've set their retail sales model and distribution and digital sales model and how they have been incentivizing each. Not to mention the problems they have with each, that are well documented like for Fire Emblem Awakening in NA or Animal Crossing in Japan.

Banned
I don't like mixing my collection. The free game promo for MK8 had me switch to all digital I'm not buying another retail Wii u game (I don't trade in Nintendo games anyway). They better give a discount on the eshop if you buy bayo 2.

evanmisha

Yeah, I'm full digital on the Wii U as well, and while I expect this just means they're being sold separately, if Bayonetta 1 is indeed skipping the eShop then I am seriously disappointed.

El Sabroso

get the retail version then?

edit: didn't know that other countries could have US accounts

if u are in America, you can get your account from any Country of the continent, but US restricts purchases to Zip code from credit card anyways, only can purchase with prepaid when account is out of the region

With my Best Buy gamer thing I was likely to buy physical anyways... this is just insurance that I do. Still a very odd decision.

I know what would solve the problem: Bayo 1 shouldn't be included in the first place so everyone gets the same deal with no possible licensing/regional issues to worry about

On the other hand, I agree with those who say to bring awareness to Nintendo, or at least get a response.

But also acknowledge that platinum/Nintendo went beyond and not only giving us Bayo 1 but included with the retail purchase of Bayo 2 as well

So there is actually an advantage to getting physical. I mean, this wasn't even going to be a thing until a few hours ago, I dunno why everyone is so outraged about it. Just buy a physical copy. Not going to kill you. If you're 95% digital you won't even have to take the disk out of your WiiU.

So there is actually an advantage to getting physical. I mean, this wasn't even going to be a thing until a few hours ago, I dunno why everyone is so outraged about it. Just buy a physical copy. Not going to kill you. If you're 95% digital you won't even have to take the disk out of your WiiU.

Wow, did you even read this thread? For some people, retail costs a hefty premium over digital... It would makes sense (and therefore you would be understanding of) that such people feel bummed that a digital copy won't include the first game, especially when they don't understand or know the reason for the omission. And neither do you, because this company hasn't explained it and likely won't.

molnizzle

are you guys really dumb enough to completely fail to realize there's plenty of countries with retail price discrepancies on a single region or dou you just wanna defend something you like for the sake of it?

A wiiU retail games costs $100+ where I live (and in brazil, and argentina, and, and, and). We get the US price on the eShop

think for a minute ffs, I cant believe there's a handful of people here posting the same thing as "crisis adverted". not everone lives in the US.

Also, have you heard the Wii U optical drive? Shit is louder than twelve PS4's being cooked in a microwave.

I've also gone full digital, and this is fucked up. I'll just skip the game altogether if this policy holds true.

That you assume that most people will skip the game altogether is where the logic stops. I have an issue with how this distribution is currently explained. The decision I make after that (which would be to buy the disc) is irrelevant. And you shouldn't care if I buy retail or digital when you clearly see that their distribution arrangement is unfair based on how they've set their retail sales model and distribution and digital sales model and how they have been incentivizing each. Not to mention the problems they have with each, that are well documented like for Fire Emblem Awakening in NA or Animal Crossing in Japan.

My original post wasn't even aimed at everyone in this thread, it was at the people who explicitly stated that they weren't buying this game at all if Bayo 1 doesnt go digital as well. I probably should have clarified that.

I understand that the explanation of this is pretty much up in the air and we have no clear idea of whats going on, and that for some people digital is the only option. But for those who don't have ridiculous physical mark ups and can easily pick up the Physical game but are refusing too are the people I have a problem with.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I thought Bayonetta was a nice bonus for the Bayonetta 2 purchase.

But I guess it's just something else for people to get pissed about?

molnizzle

My original post wasn't even aimed at everyone in this thread, it was at the people who explicitly stated that they weren't buying this game at all if Bayo 1 doesnt go digital as well. I probably should have clarified that.

I understand that the explanation of this is pretty much up in the air and we have no clear idea of whats going on, and that for some people digital is the only option. But for those who don't have ridiculous physical mark ups and can easily pick up the Physical game but are refusing too are the people I have a problem with.

I have a problem with physical media. I own none of it, and I never will again. Even my books are digital these days.

Come at me.

What the fuck? This is ridiculous. I only buy eShop games because the price here is ridiculous on physical media, and now they pull this crap? Screw it, gonna get other games instead (not Wii U related).

Even those people have a legitimate gripe. The decision they make after this issue arises is irrelevant. That you are bothered by something someone else does with their money doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist. The problem exists and people are going to deal with it various ways. There's no sense in downplaying it by focusing on what a few people might do, after the fact, and how you dislike it.

Exile20

My guess is they cannot post the first game digitally. However, they should charge it at a cheaper price due to this. Charging the same price is shady as hell. You are getting ripped off if you buy the digital version.

Or you are getting more for your $60 physical version.

TSM

I loaded up on eshop cards when Best Buy had a deal. I have $60 I've been saving to buy Bayonetta 2. Now I have to come $60 out of pocket if I also want Bayonetta 1. Always count on Nintendo to do something stupid with anything involving their online experience I guess.

Sagitario

You do? Seriously? The digital versions of retail titles cost exactly the same as local retail prices in MX. If the game is $100 at retail, that's also the eShop price.
And the same goes for 3DS titles. It sucks.

Annoying. I'm only buying eShop games cause I have a US system in the UK and it's cheaper given the exchange rate, along with no delivery cost / customs charges. This game is bound to sell like crap on Wii U anyway, given the audience, so will order the physical item once it hits bomba prices.

Felensis

Banned
I don't like mixing my collection. The free game promo for MK8 had me switch to all digital I'm not buying another retail Wii u game (I don't trade in Nintendo games anyway). They better give a discount on the eshop if you buy bayo 2.

This. Hopefully they'll release Bayo 1 separately on the eShop. Otherwise I'm forced to buy Bayo 2 retail because I won't miss out on Bayo 1.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I loaded up on eshop cards when Best Buy had a deal. I have $60 I've been saving to buy Bayonetta 2. Now I have to come $60 out of pocket if I also want Bayonetta 1. Always count on Nintendo to do something stupid with anything involving their online experience I guess.

Don't spread misinformation. No one is making you pay 120 dollars to buy both games separately.

Because for one, we don't even know if you can buy Bayo 1 at all separately
Not to mention we don't even know what the price of Bayo 1's Wii U version will be. But if it's included free with Bayo 2 I am willing to bet it isn't over 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom