• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hashimoto: Bayonetta 1 will be available on eShop with Bayo 2 digital/retail purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

This. Hopefully they'll release Bayo 1 separately on the eShop. Otherwise I'm forced to buy Bayo 2 retail because I won't miss out on Bayo 1.

if I had chosen Uruguay as my nnid country the eshop shows up with no games. there's no eshop in Latin America except for Brazil

but since you could set it to any country you can choose to access the US eshop without issues

TSM

Don't spread misinformation. No one is making you pay 120 dollars to buy both games separately.

Because for one, we don't even know if you can buy Bayo 1 at all separately
Not to mention we don't even know what the price of Bayo 1's Wii U version will be. But if it's included free with Bayo 2 I am willing to bet it isn't over 30.

Who mentioned spending $120? It's either buy Bayo 2 from the eshop with credit I already have or spend $60 out of pocket and get Bayo 1 & 2. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. Cash is tight for the remainder of the year and I thought I was set. Nintendo always seems to be doing something bone headed where anything online is involved.

To be fair, Bayonetta 1 is probably tangled up in a bunch of rights and legal workarounds and they didn't want to work out the details for an eShop release.

That really sucks, I was planning on buying physical anyways but hopefully enough outcry will make it happen. I mean we all clamored for a Bayo 1 port and it didn't seem like it would happen so maybe this will follow the same route?

Sagitario

if I had chosen Uruguay as my nnid country the eshop shows up with no games. there's no eshop in Latin America except for Brazil
but since you could set it to any country you can choose to access the US eshop without issues

MX has an eShop too:
You do? Seriously? The digital versions of retail titles cost exactly the same as local retail prices in MX. If the game is $100 at retail, that's also the eShop price.
And the same goes for 3DS titles. It sucks.

jmizzal

Lets wait for more info, its likely to be sold by it self on the eshop.

They prob didnt want to release Bayo 1 as a standalone retail game so they bundled them in stores and on the eshop not sold together

Salsa

How do you purchase eShop cards? The US eShop doesn't accept international credit cards :

online, and a couple us gaffers sell them at the regular price as well

I couldn't choose Canada cause they didn't accept my cc either. I just use PayPal to buy cards

random25

We'll probably see some more updates regarding this as the release date gets closer. It may take the MK8 route - giving a download code for Bayo1.

Regardless, I'll be going physical.

Admittedly, for Nintendo consoles most people would go retail only where possible (with the possible exception of Senran Kagura Burst because of dat EU boxart) but still: what the hell are you doing, Nintendo?

Sorcerer

Is it possible they want retail like Gamestop to have an advantage so they will promote the "free Bayonetta" game" if you buy a retail copy?

Nintendo will get a lot more marketing from retail this way, especially since its coming out close to the holiday season. 2 games for one.

I don't think its much of a licensing issue to get the game in the e-shop. Its not like Nintendo and Sega do not have a good relationship. I doubt Sega would give Nintendo a hard time about this.

Trike

Probably because if it did the owners of the basic bundle would not be able to download the game. Still should have offered it as a separate download.

MicH

Why are people mad about the complains? That's so odd to see. I like my games always bring on my system so this news really sucks for me. I'll buy retail if I have to, but I prefer buying them digitally

I know this may come as a shock to people

BUT behind those curtains is a whole world full of stores where maybe just maybe you could venture to a store and use physical voice communication to buy it?

KarmaCow

BUT behind those curtains is a whole world full of stores where maybe just maybe you could venture to a store and use physical voice communication to buy it?

Probably best not to be a smug asshole about things you don't understand.

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm tired of this bullshit sarcasm that some people are bringing in this topic, it is not like that people don't know stores exist, but maybe, just maybe, there are others factors in this situation that people like you don't know nothing / don't give a fuck about (even though people already said some of those factors).

jamsy

Just want to say that for some people buying physical isn't really an option.

I'm from the US but have been living in Europe for a few years. Since Nintendo's handhelds are region-locked I can't buy European physical games for my system; anything I buy has to be digital. Which is pretty annoying since I can't get games like Kingdom Hearts or Theatrhythm, etc.

BTW, I don't have a Wii U nor much interest in this game, but yeah, just wanted to point that out.

Warewolf

I'm buying a Wii U this year you guys, straight up.

And you can't have a new console without at least a few hard copies on the shelf. Hopefully they will divvy it up smartly on the eShop.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Bayo 1 being included was unexpected and didn't raise the MSRP of the game. Therefore free. They didn't have to do that. Don't complain about free things.

We're not complaining that it's free for physical users. We're complaining that it's not included with digital copies as well.

Bayo 1 being included was unexpected and didn't raise the MSRP of the game. Therefore free. They didn't have to do that. Don't complain about free things.

So those who don't free thing while everyone else does should just deal with it?

If anything, Bayonetta 1 being free should be for eShop buyers, to promote digital sales. And that's saying something as someone who hates Nintendo digitally.

We're not complaining that it's free for physical users. We're complaining that it's not included with digital copies as well.

If only people complained about this for every other game that has "Target Edition" "Best Buy Edition" or " Gamestop Edition" with content not available in the digital version. Then later comes out digitally but for a extra cost.

scitek

I'm surprised this thread hasnt been overrun with people asking why anyone would buy $60 games digitally on a Nintendo platform anyway, but that's just my curiosity speaking.

Seems an odd thing and i'm sure eventually it will be explained, but the simple solution is to buy retail/physical!
As a WiiU owner i just don't know how anyone can be digital only, perhaps its different in other territories but in the uk physical copies are often 25% cheaper than the eshop

Digital only for me. Nintendo has plenty of time to sort this out, they won't be stupid enough to limit it to physical only.
If anything, a digital preorder should unlock the first game early.

Coda

Yeah let's just say that as much as I'd love to download Bayonetta 2 at midnight it's the kind of game I want as a physical disc so it makes sense for Bayonetta 1 to only be included in the physical release. It's something for the true fans.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah let's just say that as much as I'd love to download Bayonetta 2 at midnight it's the kind of game I want as a physical disc so it makes sense for Bayonetta 1 to only be included in the physical release. It's something for the true fans.
Lol what

I really enjoy having my games all available digitally on Wii U, especially with the quick start menu making it really quick to just jump on Mario Kart without getting off the couch.

I'd rather buy Bayonetta 2 digitally and have the first game digitally too. I have the option of buying the physical release so it's not a really big deal to me - I just don't understand why Nintendo would want to encourage buying the physical version over the digital game.

I guess they really want retailer support with Bayonetta 2 in stores to try and drive awareness. It could work if most people don't order from online retailers.

AzaK

So then venture to PoopStop or buy off Amazon. Dont see what the big deal is.

This is the type of title you want a hard copy of anyway. Fuck digital.

This sentiment sums it up for me too. Digital is, in almost all cases a complete and utter lose on all fronts other than convenience. Price is often higher, can't resell, can't loan to friends. No point.

Eusis

Lets complain about free unexpected things that don't have to exist if they don't want to.
Maybe because they advertise that it's coming only to not offer it if you buy it "the wrong way"? What the hell's with you, in a worst case scenario it is an actively worse value in a way that it shouldn't be, it's not like missing physical goods but rather a game that should be on the same disc.

I would hope that what's going on is that the games are two separate ones and so you can buy them at roughly the same price digitally but separately. It would suck if it's really "nope physical only sorry people who wanted to go all digital" but it IS there on Xbox so unless Sega signed a really stupid DD exclusivity deal I'd think it could/should still be able to show up on the eShop.

Maybe because they advertise that it's coming only to not offer it if you buy it "the wrong way"? What the hell's with you, in a worst case scenario it is an actively worse value in a way that it shouldn't be, it's not like missing physical goods but rather a game that should be on the same disc.

I would hope that what's going on is that the games are two separate ones and so you can buy them at roughly the same price digitally but separately. It would suck if it's really "nope physical only sorry people who wanted to go all digital" but it IS there on Xbox so unless Sega signed a really stupid DD exclusivity deal I'd think it could/should still be able to show up on the eShop.

Pretty sure it's available on PSN too.

So then venture to PoopStop or buy off Amazon. Dont see what the big deal is.

This is the type of title you want a hard copy of anyway. Fuck digital.

Dont make a big deal out of this, just buy physical. Always the best option

I live in a country where games are not officially released. If you are lucky to find a store selling a game, it's ridiculously expensive (and good luck finding a Wii U game, worse yet Bayonetta 2). It's cheaper to import the game yourself, but it's still expensive due to shipping and customs fees. The last game I imported was Kid Icarus Uprising, and it cost me $80US in all.

I am completely digital across 3DS, Wii U, and PC simply because it is FAR cheaper for me.

Physical is not 'always the best option'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom